• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 Apr

cvxfreak

1. (DS, Nintendo) Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 81,000 / 1,816,000
2. (PS2, Konami) Pro Baseball Spirits 3 - 69,000
3. (DS, Nintendo) Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori - 63,000 / 2,413,000
4. (DS, Nintendo) Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 56,000 / 1,878,000
5. (PS2, Namco) Pro Baseball Hot Star 2006 - 52,000
6. (DS, Nintendo) Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training: Eigo Zuke - 50,000 / 803,000
7. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: Diamond & Pearl e-no Michi - 44,000 / 321,000
8. (PS2, Square Enix) Final Fantasy XII - 38,000 / 2,126,000
9. (PS2, Sega) Pro Soccer wo Tsukurou European Championship - 23,000 / 173,000
10. (DS, Nintendo) Mario Kart DS - 23,000 / 1,258,000

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

DSL 154,731
DS 49,825
PSP 30,565
PS2 28,896
GBASP 5,211
GBM 3,103
Xbox360 1,940
GC 1,224
GBA 110
Xbox 46

koam

#1 is which version of brain training? and why is it so high.. 81K?

And holy shit at animal crossing, almost 2.5 million

Meier

Raw64life said:
#1 on the charts 4 months after release. Ridiculous.

Seriously. I'm sure this sort of thing happened back in the day of the NES and SNES, but there's definitely been nothing even remotely like this in who knows how long. Really incredible.

cvxfreak

Could Animal Crossing finally be losing steam?

Famitsu's numbers for the game had it at 100K last week, versus 80K for Media Create. Media Create's LTD is no longer reliable for AC.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
koam said:

1 = BT2
4 = BT
6 = English

I think cvxfreak should start using English translations (or use duckroll's) from now on. :)

koam said:

It's just really, really popular and these games continue to sell to the new DS owners. 81K this week is actually down from last week's 86K.

Mmmkay

koam said:

Because almost everyone who is buying a new DS is picking up a Brain Training game with it. I know I sure did :D

polg

cvxfreak said:
1. (DS, Nintendo) Motto Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 81,000 / 1,816,000
2. (PS2, Konami) Pro Baseball Spirits 3 - 69,000
3. (DS, Nintendo) Oideyo Doubutsu no Mori - 63,000 / 2,413,000
4. (DS, Nintendo) Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training - 56,000 / 1,878,000
5. (PS2, Namco) Pro Baseball Hot Star 2006 - 52,000
6. (DS, Nintendo) Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training: Eigo Zuke - 50,000 / 803,000
7. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: Diamond & Pearl e-no Michi - 44,000 / 321,000
8. (PS2, Square Enix) Final Fantasy XII - 38,000 / 2,126,000
9. (PS2, Sega) Pro Soccer wo Tsukurou European Championship - 23,000 / 173,000

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

Hardware tomorrow as always.

will quote cvx "HOLY FUCKING CRAP"

GhaleonEB

meltpotato said:
hrm... thats so hard to call seeing as how the 3000+ was completely unexpected... i'll say 2500 but i hope to be proved wrong (in the good way, stupid fanboys)
I'm going to predict roughly flat for 360. I'm an optimist.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So... Contact didn't get some huge momentum and jump into the top 10 eh....

I guess the shortages are still in effect.

citrus lump said:
Man I wish Nintendo would release NSMB. If "non-games" kill it's sales, then Nintendo fans will finally be pissed too.

fallacious statement there. non-games could not kill sales. If anything, they would help them by having na expanded user-base and better consumer awareness of the DS hardware.

citrus lump said:
Man I wish Nintendo would release NSMB. If "non-games" kill it's sales, then Nintendo fans will finally be pissed too.

This one didn't get its sales killed...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
John Harker said:
So... Contact didn't get some huge momentum and jump into the top 10 eh....

I guess the shortages are still in affect.

Maybe the 3 people who bought it last week each told three friends... If that keeps up, it'll reach a million!

mutsu

meltpotato said:
fallacious statement there. non-games could not kill sales. If anything, they would help them by having na expanded user-base and better consumer awareness of the DS hardware.

As proven with Mario Kart DS. Easily the top selling Mario Kart in the franchise's history.

Jiggy

As has been said before, DS titles act as though it's their first week of release every week. It's insane.

citrus lump said:
I wouldn't. If the new outsells the old-school, that's just par for the course; I'm used to it by now. After Ocarina of Time outsold A Link to the Past, FFVII outsold the likes of FFVI and Chrono Trigger, and GTA outsells all but two or three franchises, nothing much can disturb me anymore.

cvxfreak

Archie said:
I thought Mario Kart 64 has sold better.

Yeah, but it outsold Mario Kart Advance and Double Dash, and who knows, MKDS may have longer legs than we anticipated and reach 2 Million... there's no denying anything on the DS anymore.

I'm sure that last week or the week before, we conclude that non-games aren't taking any anything away from 'games'. Once you remove Brain Training etc from the chart, 'game' sales are the same as last year.

Doogdogg

Archie said:
I thought Mario Kart 64 has sold better.

it did and SNES Mario Kart is even more than 64.

and WOW @ AC. While MC show it slowing down, Famitsu has it picking up, averaing 90-100k per week the last month.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The week of the 20th should see a big change in the charts. Also starfy 4 came out today so that will probably show up on next week charts.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
sp0rsk said:
The week of the 20th should see a big change in the charts. Also starfy 4 came out today so that will probably show up on next week charts.
What big games come out the 20th? Does Mother 3 have a chance of making the top 10?

Top Bottom