• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 31 July - 6 August

Hyoushi

Rhythm.gif

<3

oh yeaahhhhhh

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
I wasn't ever pimping Every Extend Extra - free PC games shouldn't be pay 50 dollar games, not ever, not on any system.

P.S. I'm heeeeere.

Well that was underwhelming.

Mmmhmm...

Derby Stallion P and Mushiking went really down...Kamaitachi no Yoru should be around 20k and broke easily 100k, nice. Battle Stadium PS2 should have discounts to keep it there...they have to sell the original shipment some way I suppose :lol

We'll see next week, many to games to keep watching for possible legs (gundam, tamagotchi, starfox, ghouls, rhythm...).

This is the first time that I see a PSP's game at N°1 since....(I don't remember).

And this is the first time since Mother 3 that I see a GBA's game in the chart.

And NSMB will break the 3 millions mark very soon...

ioi

Banned
http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php

Great week for the PSP, hardware numbers are very strong and Gundam is the PSPs biggest opening title yet.

http://vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=1&console=PSP

It hasn't got a hope of passing Monster Hunter which has just cruised past 700k, but should do 250-300k with similar drop-offs to other Gundam titles:

http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=SD+Gundam+G+Generation+Portable&name2=SD+Gundam+G+Century
http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=SD+Gundam+G+Generation+Portable&name2=SD+Gundam+G+Generation+DS
http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=SD+Gundam+G+Generation+Portable&name2=SD+Gundam+G-Generation

Powerful Pro Baseball 13 has actually been quite disappointing, each game seems to be doing worse than the previous

New SMB has the 2nd biggest week 11 ever:

http://vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=11

And is a million ahead of Brain Training 2 at the same point, and still doing more on a weekly basis. Brain Training 2 has almost passed Animal Crossing now:

http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training+2&name2=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World

And has set the 2nd biggest week 32 ever, behind only the original Brain Training which was experiencing it's xmas boost at the time:

http://vgcharts.org/japwk.php?week=32

Compared to the daddy, Pokemon R/B/G however, BT2 still has a way to go, although the original comparison I made with mega PS game GT is now silly, with Pokemon R/S being an interesting target:

http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training+2&name2=Pokemon+Red+%2F+Green+%2F+Blue
http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training+2&name2=Gran+Turismo
http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Brain+Training+2&name2=Pokemon+Ruby+%2F+Sapphire

And Mario Kart continues to home in on 2m and Mario Kart 64:

http://vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Mario+Kart+DS&name2=Mario+Kart+64

Neomoto

Excellent performce for many titles. To bad New Super Mario Bros didn't hold the 100k for this week. Could have probably been if the DS Lite shipment was just a little bit higher :)

Neomoto said:
Could have probably been if the DS Lite shipment was just a little bit higher :)
in 4 days i never saw a DSL on the shelves here in Japan... sold-out everywhere :(

i wonder how fast they weekly sell 150k... maybe in one day? :lol

Moor-Angol said:
in 4 days i never saw a DSL on the shelves here in Japan... sold-out everywhere :(

That is just....wow!
Imagine what the total sales number would be like if nintendo shipped an unlimited amount of DS'es!? 15+million?

hiryu

I'm assuming you've played it... or no need...?

I played it at E3. That's all the playing time I needed to know the game was fundamentally flawed. Just like everyone who played Too Human realized the gameplay was garbage and the game would need a drastic redirection to fix it. The problem with Starfox is that there wasn't enough time to do that. Starfox DS takes all of the fun stuff in the SNES and N64 game and removes it. Unfortunately, Nintendo has a habit of experimenting with new gameplay ideas and then attaching a mascot or series to the experiment. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, in this case it doesn't.

Jonnyram

Moor-Angol said:

According to the shops I've checked, it's less than one hour. They usually get stock on Saturday morning and are finished by midday.

Bo130

According to GameFront, Media Create has the hardware charts up,

Nintendo DS Lite - 163.572 | 3.533.399
PSP - 49.352 | 1.116.075
PlayStation2 - 25.987 | 882.231
Game Boy Advance SP - 2.784 | 179.598
Game Boy Micro - 1.928 | 111.444
Xbox 360 - 1.389 | 64.783
Nintendo DS - 1.159 | 950.903
Gamecube - 904 | 60.417
Game Boy Advance - 34 | 2.956
Xbox - 14 | 1.624

Can anyone confirm this? They don't usually get here so early, and I suspect them of just 'taking' the unconfirmed numbers of yesterday. Anyone? :)

donny2112

Good going for the PSP. That's almost two straight months of constant increases.

sp0rsk said:
expect a minor animal crossing revival next week as they started another cm campaign recently

It can continue to sell what it has been and still be in the top 10 for next week. Not every week is going to have a #10 > 37K.

Jonnyram said:
According to the shops I've checked, it's less than one hour. They usually get stock on Saturday morning and are finished by midday.

Literally awe-inspiring.

We should stop keeping track of weekly sales and just keep track of how many hours DS Lites are available on store shelves from week to week. If only it were possible ...

Jonnyram said:

:lol I guess it'll still take some time till DS hardware sales will go down.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Jonnyram said:
Wow, if only Nintendo can ship +250k DS units weekly. I think with 2.2m monthly production capacity its fair to ship 1m of them in to Japan.

Bo130

Bo130 said:
Nintendo DS Lite - 163.572 | 3.533.399
PSP - 49.352 | 1.116.075
PlayStation2 - 25.987 | 882.231
Game Boy Advance SP - 2.784 | 179.598
Game Boy Micro - 1.928 | 111.444
Xbox 360 - 1.389 | 64.783
Nintendo DS - 1.159 | 950.903
Gamecube - 904 | 60.417
Game Boy Advance - 34 | 2.956
Xbox - 14 | 1.624

Confirmed :)

Jeff-DSA

Earthstrike said:
Anyone here think the Popularity of the DS Lite is actually boosting up PSP sales?

No.

People need to stop thinking that the PSP is useless. While I play my DS 10:1 over my PSP, I'm not about to say that Sony put out a bad product. The PSP is selling as well as it is (pretty well when not compared directly to the DS) because it DOES APPEAL TO MANY PEOPLE. The DS is just a monster, but the PSP is no slouch.

Jonnyram said:

Darn it... Who in Japan doesn't have a DS lite (and Brain Training too) anyway???? I never would have imaginged that the DS lite would STILL be selling out... I need to lie down.

Neko Tsukimi said:
Darn it... Who in Japan doesn't have a DS lite (and Brain Training too) anyway???? I never would have imaginged that the DS lite would STILL be selling out... I need to lie down.

Well, the PS2 sold something like 20 million in Japan, and DS hasn't even hit that yet. When you factor in that the PS2 can be enjoyed by everyone in a home, while each person needs their own DS; that the DS had a functional upgrade already (that's going to produce well over a 50% upgrade rate eventually, I'd guess); and that the DS has numerous collectible editions and multiple colors to further encourage one person to own several... the sky's the freakin' limit.

KINGMOKU

Jeff-DSA said:
No.

People need to stop thinking that the PSP is useless. While I play my DS 10:1 over my PSP, I'm not about to say that Sony put out a bad product. The PSP is selling as well as it is (pretty well when not compared directly to the DS) because it DOES APPEAL TO MANY PEOPLE. The DS is just a monster, but the PSP is no slouch.
Thats debatable.

Its tracking behind every major handheld, and even the pocketstation in Japan. The only ones that its beating out are the WS, WSC, NGP.

If it hits a sales slump, and starts to track at around 10-15,000, it will start having major problems.

With that said, as I said before, the PSP is in a wierd place. Well behind the GB, GBA, tracking by more then double, but ahead of the bombs. Carving out a niche of its own.

Jeff-DSA

For what the PSP is priced at, it's done very well. Besides, my comment was more general than just limited to Japanese numbers. I realize this is a Japanese sales thread, I just wanted to beat back some of the PSP doom and gloom sentiment.

I agree with you though, a slump could really hurt the PSP. Hopefully Sony doesn't pull too many resources away from it for PS3 support.

KINGMOKU

Jeff-DSA said:
For what the PSP is priced at, it's done very well. Besides, my comment was more general than just limited to Japanese numbers. I realize this is a Japanese sales thread, I just wanted to beat back some of the PSP doom and gloom sentiment.

I agree with you though, a slump could really hurt the PSP. Hopefully Sony doesn't pull too many resources away from it for PS3 support.
Ahh, okay. Sorry I thought you meant Japan.

For worldwide, its almost the same thing though. The DS is now starting to take off to the moon, and leaving the PSP in its wake. The PSP needs that "hit" game to bring it to the forfront. I wonder what it will be if it does indeed turn out thatway?

AniHawk said:
Starfox sucks ass now. The Sin and Punishment Team needs to take it back and give it a SF64 style treatment for Wii. On rails. **** the rest.

Fixed it for you Anihawk. They'd even make the on-foot stuff work!

donny2112

Dragona Akehi said:
Fixed it for you Anihawk. They'd even make the on-foot stuff work!

You probably already know, but it's Treasure. This is one of the (non-localized) games I'm looking forward to trying out on the virtual console. :)

Eid said:
If PSP sales keep increasing at this rate, it'll soon match the DSL.

:lol

No.

:lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Was the HW data posted?

DSL 163,572
PSP 49,352
PS2 25,987
GBASP 2,784
GBM 1,928
Xbox360 1,389
DS 1,159
GC 904
GBA 34
Xbox 14

EDIT: Hey look, the PSP went up ~7K again. :D

apujanata

Jonnyram said:

With 600K sales per month in Europe, and 380K / month in US, and 600K / month sales in Japan, I think Nintendo need to slightly increase their production, from 2.2M to 2.4 M. I don't want to see instance where Pokemon sales are not as good as it could be because of lack of H/W (DSL).

mutsu

apujanata said:
With 600K sales per month in Europe, and 380K / month in US, and 600K / month sales in Japan, I think Nintendo need to slightly increase their production, from 2.2M to 2.4 M. I don't want to see instance where Pokemon sales are not as good as it could be because of lack of H/W (DSL).

I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually holding back some stock to prepare for FF3 and Pokemon launch.

And... producing 2.2M units a month is already a staggering number... I wouldn't want them to compromise the quality of the DS Lite (i.e. more defective units) in order to produce more to meet demand.

Top Bottom