• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

ethelred

For point of comparison, here are the two prior Paper Mario games' sales (according to Famitsu, not Media Create, but hey...):

Code:
Paper Mario	N64 	118,322 	55,725 	36,754 	425,609 
Paper Mario 2 	GC 	137,750 	59,427 	40,907 	409,600

144k opening for Super Paper Mario's not too shabby at all. Let's see how it does next week (where the two prior games dropped pretty heavily).

PantherLotus said:
The continued success of the PS2 tells me that the PS3 is entirely too early. Just imagine.

Welcome back.

It would be real funny if MS forcing a "shorter" release cycle will workout for them, but not in how they expected. Outselling Sony not due to releasing before them, but because the PS2 didn't have enough time to die.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
duderon said:
OK

360 2000
PS3 9999 (lolz)
PS2 10000
PSP 25000
Wii 62500
DS 125000
360 numbers are too high.

Mar

I expected a much higher number for SPM. But then, I don't know anything about the game and don't like Mario games personaly. But I thought Japan would be all over it.

ethelred said:
144k opening for Super Paper Mario's not too shabby at all. Let's see how it does next week (where the two prior games dropped pretty heavily).
Good sales indeed, I was only expecting ~100k.

Just for point of comparison, the N64 and Gamecube titles were released on August 11, 2000 and July 22, 2004, respectively (according to Wikipedia). Should we expect a pre-Golden Week boost for SPM that the other titles didn't see?

Mar

I Did It, Mama! For Boys (Star-Fish)
I Did It, Mama! For Girls (Star-Fish)

jacklook.gif

Evlar

Banned
ethelred said:
I think it's a very nice performance. Super Paper Mario should perform competitively with, if not exceed, the two prior Paper Mario games, and neither of those were poor sellers at all as far as RPGs go.

I'm pleased with its performance.

Also, phenomenal showing for P3 Fes. Keep on rockin', Atlus. Gyakuten Saiban 4, Professor Layton, and Yoshi 2 (the next platinum game for sure) are all also doing really well. Good times for gaming!
I'm very pleased these games and others like them are topping charts.

creamsugar

PS2
Naruto Shippuuden: Narutimate Accel 9,000- 100,000
Musou Orochi 15,000 554,000

PSP
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd 13,000 1,136,000

DS
New SMB 19,000 4,341,000
Mario Kart DS 13,000 2,227,000
Pokemon Diamond 7,000 2,674,000
Pokemon Pearl 6,000- 2,214,000
More English Training 22,000 132,000
Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi 5,000- 796,000
Super Robot Taisen W 6,000 250,000
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 2,000- 191,000
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 9,000- 1,323,000
Professor Layton 20,000 438,000
Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan DS 13,000 230,000
Digimon Story Sunburst 6,000- 76,000
Digimon Story Moonlight 4,000- 47,000
Lost in Blue 2 2,000 33,000
Heroes of Mana 2,000- 42,000
Shin Sangoku Musou DS: Fighter's Battle 2,000- 14,000
Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side: 1st Love 1,000+ 45,000
Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS 3,000+ 204,000
Heisei Kyouiku Iinkai DS 2,000 175,000
Meitantei Conan: Tantei Ryoku Trainer 5,000 41,000

TJ Spyke

Good sales for SPM. I wonder if Wii Sports and Wii Play can stay in the top 30 a super long time like the Brain Age games.

ethelred

FlightOfHeaven said:
Anihawk is next. D:

Wait, why was he banned? I go to page two and BAM! Banned tag. D:

He made some racial slurs... it was kinda ugly, actually. I always thought better of him. :/

Also he was passing on v g charts numbers. I don't know which is worse.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
CVX was banned because he looked at me funny

he actually requested a 24h ban so he could do school work

sp0rsk said:

I wish someone would ban me from Pokemon for a 24 hour period. I'm having trouble getting anything done with it right next to me. =(

Juwanna Peezadis said:
I wish someone would ban me from Pokemon for a 24 hour period. I'm having trouble getting anything done with it right next to me. =(

I feel your pain. And when I'm not playing pokemon, I'm on the forums. I gots homework i should be doin

apotema

Expected numbers for Super Paper Mario, I'm still worried about Big Brain and a little for FFXII RW, what if the game sucks like Children of Mana or bombs like Front Mission and Heroes of Mana?

mr.beers

Juwanna Peezadis said:

I want to be banned from watching Top Gear bc thats all I do now
I love top gear

GO SUPER PAPER MARIO, that reminds me I need to beat this game im at world 7 and then I bought EXCITE TRUCK!!!! and forgot about SPM.

sp0rsk said:

I think you your next avatar should sport a rizento:

2jd2wc2.jpg

Could I get a 6 hour version of that ban? I'm supposed to be prepping for router maintenance.

Mar

This week in Media Create. Software numbers are nothing much to talk about. Sony fans are no where to be seen. Some people swap some avatars. Then everyone requests a ban.

Next week should be awesome.

Evlar

Banned
Mar_ said:
This week in Media Create. Software numbers are nothing much to talk about. Sony fans are no where to be seen. Some people swap some avatars. Then everyone requests a ban.

We're so bored we're becoming suicidal.

AniHawk

Mar_ said:

Why? Big Brain?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mar_ said:

It'll get more exciting when we get hardware numbers, then first day numbers for stuff like BBA and FFXII:RW.

Top Bottom