• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/16 - 4/22

Saitou

Banned
People, stop requesting bans. Haven't you ever been told to be careful what you wish for?

Not much to say about these numbers, other than :(@FF1 re-re-re-re-remake sales.
I'll be back in full on gloating mood when HW settles in.

SPM will probably do 300-500k ltd depending on legs. Not bad. Should have sold mor,e but its a game. FF PSP sold 48.5k holy crap, it will never stop selling.

HAL_Laboratory said:
The crazy thing is they could probably do that if they wanted to.
Heh. Well, if they release FF 1-6 individually, they each sell as well as the originals, and each of those purchases is with a new PSP... it could get close to DS.

I think SPM will outsell the other PM games because of its platformer slant, but I don't think it'll crack a million. Maybe 700k-ish.

Go go Layton, MHP2 and Mario Kart!

I think Square made their development budget and then some with FF PSP.

Deku

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
That's bad for FF1 remake?
Retail orders was 100k for FF1 PSP. A 45k opening week pretty much guarantees there won't be reprints of this game unless it has strong legs and FF games usually has its sales frontloaded. It's a modest success given its likely low production budget.

Deku

Banned
mj1108 said:
I'm not sure if that's either the bright side of looking at it or just flat out sad?

I'm not the first to point this out.

AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.

Evlar

Banned
Deku said:
Retail orders was 100k for FF1 PSP. A 45k opening week pretty much guarantees there won't be reprints of this game unless it has strong legs and FF games usually has its sales frontloaded. It's a modest success given its likely low production budget.
On the other hand it means SE was right on target with their shipment. They're pleased.

AniHawk

Deku said:
I'm not the first to point this out.

AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
2s9obb7.gif

Deku

Banned
The Sphinx said:
On the other hand it means SE was right on target with their shipment. They're pleased.
45% sell through of stock (retailers ordered 100k) is decent. Nothing too pleasing though.

Bebpo

Banned
Fate Stay Night did AMAZINGLY well for a freaking text novel. When the heck was the last time a text adventure sold almost 150k opening week?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Eteric Rice said:
Big Brain won't sell amazingly well on the Wii. Trust me, it's not meant for a console.

Wii Health, on the other hand...
This is how I feel. BBA will probably put up solid numbers, but I'm not expecting it to do gangbusters like it did on the DS. I'm gonna go with 200k - 300k.

Link said:
This is how I feel. BBA will probably put up solid numbers, but I'm not expecting it to do gangbusters like it did on the DS. I'm gonna go with 200k - 300k.

I give it 500K based on name alone.

Linkup

04./00. [NDS] Nodame Cantabile (Bandai-Namco) - 50,785 / NEW

Nice sells though it probably won't ever come to the US.

Animal Crossing is gone and mkds is still up there, cool. Guessing SE did about 200k on their KH2 rerelease. 80k for hardware.

Terrell

bgassassin said:
:D I said it in reference to BBA being the first non-game for the Wii. Unless people want to say Wii Sports and Play are included in the non-game genre.
They've both sold over a million units, and they're games released for Nintendo hardware... doesn't that automatically classify them as non-games?

LOL. I guess they have qualified to non-game status.

Eteric Rice said:
I'm gonna say under 600,000 world wide.

I wouldn't complain if it did sell, though.

Worldwide? I think it'll do better than that.

Due to the Wii supply constraints, I think it will sell decent numbers for a good period of time which would cause it to eventually pass at least 500k in Japan.

Sports has around a 70% tie in ratio and Play is about 55%. With 2M Wiis in Japan, 500k is only 25%. I think that should be easy to obtain.

Link said:
As a pessimist, you're either proven right or pleasantly surprised.

I know what you mean as I tend to take a wait-and-see approach most of the time. I feel pretty confident about BBA's sales though.

dswink.gif

ethelred

Bebpo said:
Fate Stay Night did AMAZINGLY well for a freaking text novel. When the heck was the last time a text adventure sold almost 150k opening week?

I can't think of any to have done so.

Xisiqomelir said:
K*taku ganked you again, Cheesemeister.

Whenever the next software chart is posted after Golden Week, I'm totally going to give a shout-out to Mr. McWhertor at the top of the post. :lol

Michael McWhertor said:
Reading this week's chart, I can't believe how jealous I am of the Japanese access to language training DS software. I wanna learn Kanji, too!

KevinRo

I am curious to see how Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) does next week since spinoffs don't sell that well.

apujanata

duderon said:
OK

360 2000
PS3 9999 (lolz)
PS2 10000
PSP 25000
Wii 62500
DS 125000

GAF explode. Hardcore gamer died around the world. X360 S/W and H/W took a very sudden drop, worldwide. Same thing happen to PS3. Only Wii and DS survive, since they do not depend on hardcore gamers.

Top Bottom