• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Anyone want to predict SPM sales next week? Seems like no one has any clear idea of what to expect.

I'll hold off until I hear some others..I honestly have no clue.

apotema

I think SPM will be in the league of 150,000, that's less than expected, but since Golden Week is approcahing, I think it can sell the same amount in the 2nd week

Big Brain on Wii will be big, but not huge

schuelma said:
Anyone want to predict SPM sales next week? Seems like no one has any clear idea of what to expect.

I'll hold off until I hear some others..I honestly have no clue.

I'll guess around 60-70k personally. I don't think it's got enough about it to be a breakout hit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lobster said:
Ps3 didn't chart??? wow. Thats scary..I thought Japan would still give Sony a little push..
Japan's general feeling right now:

wiihaahj7.gif

vs

gakips3wi9.jpg

schuelma

TheGreatDave said:
I'll guess around 60-70k personally. I don't think it's got enough about it to be a breakout hit.

Wow..I'm thinking much higher- I mean Fire Emblem got 80K first week right?

Raw64life

I'm gonna guess 90k week one for SPM. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold the same or more in its second week thanks to golden week.

I have nothing about the game, I'm really enjoying it. It's just not the kinda game that I see having these huge legs or breathtaking opening sales. Golden Week may be throwing me off because I don't know exactly what to expect from it, but I don't the numbers being that amazing. The userbase is still pretty small and I think Paper Mario 2 sold around 150,000 on a larger Gamecube userbase.

Still, tis just a guess.

ivysaur12

Banned
After Sanjaya got kicked off, I have renewed my faith in God, and I'm confident that AA4 will sell over a million copies.

EDIT: Oh yes, nice job Layton. Third parties rock on the DS.

ant1532

Banned
Eh, I hated Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 DS... Nothing like the rest of the series. It's lemmings with Mario characters...

apotema

While we are in the predictions, What numbers do you expect for Big Brain Academy?

I'll go with 90,000 first week, a little more maybe

Dragona Akehi said:
It's pretty crazy, considering it's Level5's first self published title and their first DS game, and it's already outsold all of their non DQ games. Amazing.

Level 5 to go Nintendo second party.

lupin23rd

140,000 guess for Super Paper Mario.

Persona 3 and FF PSP are coming the same week are they not? Wonder who will be #1...

And why do we even care about Layton? Am I the only one who looks at the game and says "ugh"?

m

400k guess on SPM, less if supply-constrained. After watching NSMB dominate its first week on the charts, I can reasonably see this title doing well.

justchris

After some thought, I'm gonna go with 200k for SPM this week, 75k for second week, then 100k for 3rd week (Golden Week).

BBA I think will probably only do around 80-90k it's first week, but will probably have longer legs than SPM manages (ie it'll continue selling after Golden Week, SPM will likely drop big time after that).

apujanata

Paper Mario RPG (PM:TYD in US) first week sales is : 137K, on July 25, 2004. At that time, there are about 3.3 Million GCN.

Since there are now 2 Million Wii, and because SPM are more like platform instead of RPG, I predict 150K (min) to 250K (max) first week.

Anyone have first week sales of Super Mario Sunshine ?

I predict 90K-100K Wii this week (since Wii Sports sell 40K this week, and assuming 35% attach rate of Wii sports to H/W)

Jammy said:
Was it's release even worthwhile?

Whoa.

Come on, dude. I know it's a joke, but let's not gloat, now.

Does anyone else think MS has killed Sony in Japan? Think of this way. The XBox flopped in Japan. The 360 flopped in Japan. The PS3 is clearly aimed at one-upping Microsoft, including its software library (an FPS was its marquee launch title, for God's sake). Now, the PS3 is flopping in Japan.

Basically, in Japan, Sony has followed Microsoft right into the gutter.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Next week, FSN.

Good to see PW4 pull in, the series deserves all the attention it gets. Now bring it over here, Capcom!
PW3 and PW4 duel release

apujanata

lupin23rd said:
And why do we even care about Layton? Am I the only one who looks at the game and says "ugh"?

m

This game appeal to those who like puzzle games, such as me. And if I am not mistaken, it is not time sensitive, so we can take our time trying to find the correct answer.

schuelma

apujanata said:
Paper Mario RPG (PM:TYD in US) first week sales is : 137K, on July 25, 2004. At that time, there are about 3.3 Million GCN.

Since there are now 2 Million Wii, and because SPM are more like platform instead of RPG, I predict 150K (min) to 250K (max) first week.

Anyone have first week sales of Super Mario Sunshine ?

I predict 90K-100K Wii this week (since Wii Sports sell 40K this week, and assuming 35% attach rate of Wii sports to H/W)

The attach rate is usually over 50% BTW. I'll say 70K Wii hardware.

schuelma

Linkup said:
If there holding back I'd say 50k if not lower, but with wiisports back up there and SPM next week...50k.

For Wii hardware?

Top Bottom