• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/21 - 5/27

Sharp

DefectiveReject said:
i'm surprised Nintendogs 2 hasn't been announced!
And what would "Nintendogs 2" mean? There are a ton of different versions for each dog and I don't think it can even exist except as a franchise.

Deku

Banned
Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
Wow this thread was like one of those action movies where the villain goes crazy right before the end and gets run over by a train in a bloody fashion. And then all the spectators are like "holy ****" and then the cheezy end music comes and everyone starts laughing for no reason. (cat pics)

crazy_indian.jpg

Sharp said:
And what would "Nintendogs 2" mean? There are a ton of different versions for each dog and I don't think it can even exist except as a franchise.
of course it can all 3 versions are the same except for the different dogs

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
WOW. RE4 at number 4 spot only surpassed by the latest training is not bad.

I think this game will have somewhat legs until it gets 300k or a bit more. I hope not to be worng and Capcom goes wild with the wiimakes. There are so much PS2 games and GCN games I want to play on the Wii... :D

And people shouldn't be surprised about Mario Kart. It's still a ****ing master piece, and the best action/racing game ever.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
tanasten said:
I think this game will have somewhat legs until it gets 300k or a bit more. I hope not to be worng and Capcom goes wild with the wiimakes. .

300K in japan ? no, don`t think so....

llTll said:
so i have a question, when we will get the new sales ??
It is rumored that if we sacrifice enough goats at the vernal equinox, the gods will bless us with new media create sales numbers.

Otherwise you could just the first post.

llTll

Banned
bmf said:
It is rumored that if we sacrifice enough goats at the vernal equinox, the gods will bless us with new media create sales numbers.

Otherwise you could just the first post.

why i am reading alot of goats today. did we move from Cats to goats?

you people must send me the memo

cvxfreak

Cheesemeister, can I post this week's thread due to the presence of an RE game? :lol

plagiarize: RE4 GC debuted at 142K and RE4 PS2 debuted at 240K.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
cvxfreak said:
Cheesemeister, can I post this week's thread due to the presence of an RE game? :lol

plagiarize: RE4 GC debuted at 142K and RE4 PS2 debuted at 240K.

what did RE4 on GC end up with?

cvxfreak said:

Why? You're actually not the first person to bug me about RE4. I removed the Pac-Man charts from the OPs to try and keep things balanced, remember.
But then again, I am still at work again... =(

cvxfreak said:
If word of mouth is good, I think it'll go on to sell for awhile, like Phoenix Wright on the DS.

I'm really not so sure. Gyakuten is an entirely different type of game... I recall saying that I don't think RE4 really coincides with the Wii userbase.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

cvxfreak

Dragona Akehi said:
I'm really not so sure. Gyakuten is an entirely different type of game... I recall saying that I don't think RE4 really coincides with the Wii userbase.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

We won't know until we see it a few weeks in. PW debuted at 66K back in 2005.

Capcom's only expecting 460K (or around there) worldwide anyway.

what did RE4 on GC end up with?

About 400,000, IIRC.

Dragona Akehi said:

Let's hope I'm wrong.

We'll see, but remember that RE4 Wii is a port with two previous versions, one of which came out on the most popular home console last gen, and offers little in the way of additional content.

I don't know that anyone should expect stellar sales for it, or that we should be drawing too many lessons about the userbase from its performance. Anyway, 50k opening week isn't too shabby & I'd expect it to at least reach something in the region of 150-200,000.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Last week MC had lower PS3 sales than Famitsu, it'll be interesting to see if it does again this week! :lol

ksamedi

Why is everybody expecting good sales from a GC/PS2 to Wii remake anyway. The people who own it on other consoles are highly unlikely to buy it again for the Wii. I know i wont, even if its budget priced. Its an old game and i still have the GC copy.

ksamedi said:
Why is everybody expecting good sales from a GC/PS2 to Wii remake anyway. The people who own it on other consoles are highly unlikely to buy it again for the Wii. I know i wont, even if its budget priced. Its an old game and i still have the GC copy.
I still have my GC copy, and I'll buy it again. It looks fun. What a great game.

I'm still at work away from my parser and cvx seemed really, really eager to post this week's thread due to RE4, so I've sent him the BBCode text to do the OP.

Tomorrow night I'm going to go see Blue Man Group at Universal, so I probably won't be around for HW numbers.

mclem

"Early sales reports indicate that the PS3 has moved from fewer than 10,000 sales to beyond that milestone this week, a feat not achieved by the Xbox 360, nor by the Wii since its launch"

Top Bottom