• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/7 - 5/13, PS3 < 10k

Aeris130

Nice to see OS, NSMB and SPM going strong (this is the second week for Odin Sphere, right?). The PS2 just keep hanging in there. o_o

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm VERY surprised to see FFT holding on the 4th spot. I was expecting it to be far low. PSP is proving to be a legit platform for value productions. Thirds parties shouldn't forget the system I think.

JavyOO7

creamsugar said:
Famitsu 5/14 - 5/20
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/05/23/103,1179909053,72135,0,0.html

1. Shining Wind (PS2)
2. Ouendan 2 (DS)
3. Odin Sphere (PS2)
4. FFT (PSP)
5. Wii Sports (Wii)
6. New SMB (DS)
7. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
8. Momotarou Dentetsu DS (DS)
9. FF12RW (DS)
10. More Brain Training (DS)

I hope Ouendan sold well. :(

But god damn at NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WOOO! Anyone think it might have a chance to climb to #1 even though it's been hovering around at the top 15 for like forever?

Kinda bummed out that BBA Wii got kicked out of top 10 though...

Excellent Ouendan first week sales. Good for Odin Sphere and Shining Wind. FFT PSP is doing great as well.

Wow @ PS3 even lower than last week.

Meier

Great news for Ouendan -- let's hope if/when it comes out here, it has a repeat performance compared to the original.

tanasten said:
I'm VERY surprised to see FFT holding on the 4th spot. I was expecting it to be far low. PSP is proving to be a legit platform for value productions. Thirds parties shouldn't forget the system I think.
Not every third party has such a popular franchise as FF though.

enishi said:
Shining Wind - 80k
Ouendan 2 - 70k (7 times VS Ouendan 1 first week's number, 90% of shipment)
Odin Sphere - 60k (80% of shipment)

FFT PSP - LTD > 200k

WOOO!

NDSL > 100k
Wii > 60k
PS2, PSP - same as last week
PS3 - less than last week
X360 - a bit rise

A'ight, peeps. Place your bets on when the takeover occurs.

tanasten said:

Agree. In practice the PSP remains the only good alternative in the Japan market outside Nintendo's consoles.

enishi said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10034456647.html

Shining Wind - 80k
FFT PSP - LTD > 200k

NDSL > 100k
Wii > 60k
X360 - a bit rise

Oh man....What will Microsoft say is someday X360 > PS3 ?

enishi said:
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10034456647.html

Shining Wind - 80k
FFT PSP - LTD > 200k

NDSL > 100k
Wii > 60k
X360 - a bit rise
Didn't expect O2 to do that well in it's first week. Not bad at all.

DS numbers are pretty low, maybe market saturation (for the current price) is finally kicking in? Or maybe they send more units to other markets with Pokemon being released in the Americas and about to be launched in Euroland?

PS3 is beyond words.

Hooray for Ouendan. I was expecting 50k for the week after the opening day sales, hopefully stock is replenished shortly and it grows enormous legs.

Phife Dawg said:
Didn't expect O2 to do that well in it's first week. Not bad at all.

DS numbers are pretty low, maybe market saturation (for the current price) is finally kicking in? Or maybe they send more units to other markets with Pokemon being released in the Americas and about to be launched in Euroland?

PS3 is beyond words.

Only with the NDS can >100K in the tail-end of MAY be considered 'pretty low'.

milanbaros

Member?
Phife Dawg said:
DS numbers are pretty low, maybe market saturation (for the current price) is finally kicking in?

I too believe that after being supply practically every week for over a year this week will be the week when it has reached market saturation. Thats almost as ridulous as the people who claim the wii is obviously just a fad when it sells 50k one week instead of the 65k the weeks before.

Culex said:
It's a shame Blue Dragon wasn't released last week, because the 360 would have for certain, outsold the PS3.

Blue Dragon is the one reason so far why the 360 is going to end up selling more than its predecessor. In fact, in a few weeks it should overtake the xbox in cumulative weekly sales since launch shouldn`t it?

Haunted

enishi said:
1) Ouendan 2 - 70k (7 times VS Ouendan 1 first week's number, 90% of shipment)

2) NDSL > 100k

3) PS3 - less than last week
1) So awesome.

2) Still amazing.

3) Bail the **** out!

Sardonic already said what I thought.

acuul

Hammer24 said:
Forza2 was not counted, it will be released THIS week, right?
So - next week 360>PS3 in japan? *head explodes*

can't wait for this to happen, just to see reactions here :lol

Kafel

Banned
I'm calling it.

Next week X360 sales > PS3 sales in Japan.

Because of Forza 2.

edit : I think NG Sigma will face Trusty Bell.

JavyOO7

Though I'm happy that Ouendan 2 sold that number for this week (beating Ouendan 1 first week number) I'm still not all that happy. Ouendan 1 should have sold a million (my opinion, not the public's obviously). And though I haven't bought the import for Ouendan 2 yet, I've only heard great things about it.

Just my 2 cents anyway...

D.Lo

JavyOO7 said:
Though I'm happy that Ouendan 2 sold that number for this week (beating Ouendan 1 first week number) I'm still not all that happy. Ouendan 1 should have sold a million (my opinion, not the public's obviously). And though I haven't bought the import for Ouendan 2 yet, I've only heard great things about it.
A budget re-release of Ouendan 1 wouldn't go astray right about now.

And I'd buy it again because I'm obsessive like that

If nothing big for the PS3 comes out the week that Lost Oddyssey comes out for 360 this fall, I'd bet that that week for sure 360 will outsell PS3.

Of course, it could happen sooner, like the week Trusty Bell comes out.

enishi said:
X360 - a bit rise

forza-motorsport-2-20070508044947478.jpg

So close...

Would 75k for Forza 2 (and 10k for 360) be out of the question? How did the first one sell?

Go Shining Wind! :lol

Hey, it beats all other shining PS2 games first week, they sure have done well for what the series has become.

&#12288;&#9660;&#12288;Shining Tears 04.11.03 PS2 66,646 16,053 10,174 104,762 63.62 %
&#12288;&#9660;&#12288;Shining Force Neo 05.03.24 PS2 48,606 19,482 7,443 96,013 50.62 %
&#12288;&#9660;&#12288;Shining Force EXA 07.01.18 PS2 79,449 22,835 - 102,284 77.67 %

Tears was bland but cleared 100k, Neo took another formula and still came very close, EXA follow-up to Neo did very better and with two weeks outsold it.

I'd prefer Odin Sphere on top but hey, nice top3 for a change. Momotaro DS is hanging pretty well for a non-Nintendo game, Hudson should be glad.

Pureauthor said:
Only with the NDS can >100K in the tail-end of MAY be considered 'pretty low'.
Well yeah I should've said "for DS". It's just in a league of its own. Anyways, next week's numbers will be interesting.

D.Lo said:
I wonder how many copies were sold on Play-asia and Yes-asia?
Does media create even track those?

Brak

MrSardonic said:
o_0

To date, the PS3 has been a disaster in Japan beyond even the worst predictions.
On the other hand though, it's making the PSP look like a sales giant. [/silver lining]

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I'd prefer Odin Sphere on top but hey, nice top3 for a change. Momotaro DS is hanging pretty well for a non-Nintendo game, Hudson should be glad.

Well, you know, Momotaru is a classic series in Japan, and also good games so they have their fan base ever. Maybe Momotaru is benefiting of the "dormant player" Nintendo is proud of having awake. :)

test_account said:
How many PS3 units should they have sold until now to not be labeled as a disaster?
If they'd averaged 20K more each week bringing things closer to 1.5 million now... it'd still seem under expectations for the followup to the PS2, but wouldn't have the stigmas of selling below GameCube/PocketStation/PSP, or being outsold 6:1 or more by Wii in recent times.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm just wondering what people put in disaster, is it number of consoles sold each week (would it be a disaster if it went from 10k to 50k the next week?), how many consoles sold in total or how big outselling ratio compared to Wii?

Aeris130

Disaster is relative. If I released my own console (the "Aeris Boxx") and it sold 10k a month, I'd be happy. If I had 2-3 games in the top 30 every week, I'd be even happier.

D.Lo

AdmiralViscen said:
PSP was already looking good. What is the highest selling Japanese second-place console? Saturn/N64 at ~5M? PSP is doing way better than that.
Nope, Saturn's still ahead. (Just under 6 million, based on Sega's shipped numbers).

Top Bottom