• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/7 - 5/13, PS3 < 10k

Saitou

Banned
tanasten said:
Sorry to disturb, but the Castlevanias on the DS are unappealing total.

The manga art, the old Metroidvania style which has been burnt out, and the lack of technical effort has made Akumajou Dracula on the DS a mere more of the same, appealing only to the series fans.
They should have tried something like Rond of Blood/Castlevania 4/C 3 instead of more Metroidvania.

And BTW, the PSP owners will be interested in such two classics. I think that the DS crownd would too.

If they would release the same game in both systems...
To be fair, Akumajou Dracula has been dead in Japan since SotN. The DS games did get a bump in sales, but it's still incredibly niche in Nihon.

If Chronicles X sees good sales, it'll be more for the ports of the two best Castlevanias more than anything.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
how dare sony take number one!

NOW TO PLAY THE WAITING GAME.

ah this sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos

PS360 said:
So..about this English Training game...

*searches internet*

Ooohh my goood! It teaches you BRITISH ENGLISH?! That's the worst kind!

3+? Please. british english is MUCH too hard for a japanese 3 year old.
You seem to forget, perhaps due to your US-centric upbringing and the general isolationism of the US culture, that American English is not the authoritative version. None of the various English dialects are, as a matter of fact.

For example, Cambridge english is just as valid in a linguistic sense as is Scottish English, Californian English, Black American English, South African English, Indian English or the Queen's English. The problem comes in establishing which dialect is most easily understood by the majority of English speakers around the world. Teaching this dialect will allow a learner to make the most of their new language

The best candidates for this honour are Oxford/Cambridge English and Californian American English. It may surprise you to learn that neither are any easier to learn than the other to a person whose first language is not English. It is simply a matter of how useful the dialect will be to them. Thus, it is broken up by region: Europeans usually learn the British variant, while Americans (I refer to the continent) and the Japanese usually learn the US variant.

jrricky

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
It really wasn't that popular, all things considered. I made this graph in last week's thread, but I guess it's relevant here as well:

final_fantasy_history.png

is every new iteration of final fantasy getting lower sales? is the franchise really dying out?

Vinnk

I don't think One Piece is supply constrained anymore. I think the suppy has met demand. But I will check it out today for my report tomorow.

You guys still want me to call Hello Mac or is that old news already?

mj1108

Syth_Blade22 said:
how dare sony take number one!

NOW TO PLAY THE WAITING GAME.

ah this sucks, lets play hungry hungry hippos

Put it on the DS w/ online play. Million selling non game confirmed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PantherLotus said:
At least he knows how to credit his source. I see at least 2 citations there, one in the description to the user and one at the bottom to the site. Keep it up, kohler. More blogs should be like yours.

Especially since shortly afterwards Go-Nintendo posted it with an anonymous [link] to Game|Life and didn't credit GAF or me or Kobun.

Vinnk said:
I don't think One Piece is supply constrained anymore. I think the suppy has met demand. But I will check it out today for my report tomorow.

Please do. I am curious as to why they're not getting any more Playstation stuff in.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
jrricky said:
is every new iteration of final fantasy getting lower sales? is the franchise really dying out?

X > IX

not to mention each game is received differently since they really are different games in different everything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jrricky said:
SNES: IV<V<VI
PS: VII>VIII>IX
PS2: X>X-2>XII

I see a pattern. :)

SonSon2

Oblivion said:
Strange, there's still Nintendomination...but something feels off.

Like most addictions, you will probably be craving stronger and stronger Nintendomination because you have built up a tolerance. A few Nintendominations was ok and fun at first, but now you crave more, sitting on the side of the road looking for your next fix.

Oblivion said:
Strange, there's still Nintendomination...but something feels off.

We just came off of two of the biggest weeks for Nintendo since launch. It definitely feels pretty boring now. Oh well. I'm sure we'll get a lot to discuss about once it's revealed that Sony has dipped below 10000.

mj1108

Rancid Mildew said:
We just came off of two of the biggest weeks for Nintendo since launch. It definitely feels pretty boring now. Oh well. I'm sure we'll get a lot to discuss about once it's revealed that Sony has dipped below 10000.

I think it's more of the "calm before the storm" w/ hardware tomorrow night plus NPD.

SonSon2 said:
Like most addictions, you will probably be craving stronger and stronger Nintendomination because you have built up a tolerance. A few Nintendominations was ok and fun at first, but now you crave more, sitting on the side of the road looking for your next fix.

You didn't make it clear enough that the addiction invariably builds up to whoring yourself out to Nintendo in seedy motels.

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
You seem to forget, perhaps due to your US-centric upbringing and the general isolationism of the US culture, that American English is not the authoritative version. None of the various English dialects are, as a matter of fact.

For example, Cambridge english is just as valid in a linguistic sense as is Scottish English, Californian English, Black American English, South African English, Indian English or the Queen's English. The problem comes in establishing which dialect is most easily understood by the majority of English speakers around the world. Teaching this dialect will allow a learner to make the most of their new language

The best candidates for this honour are Oxford/Cambridge English and Californian American English. It may surprise you to learn that neither are any easier to learn than the other to a person whose first language is not English. It is simply a matter of how useful the dialect will be to them. Thus, it is broken up by region: Europeans usually learn the British variant, while Americans (I refer to the continent) and the Japanese usually learn the US variant.

So it's either "gnarly, dude" or "cheerio"?

OK class, repeat after me: "That was a righteous wave, bro!"

ghostlyjoe said:
So it's either "gnarly, dude" or "cheerio"?

OK class, repeat after me: "That was a righteous wave, bro!"
:lol

I tip my hat to you, good sir. But to that I ask: is the phrase "That was, like, totally hot, right?" any less valid than "Cor Blimey it's hot... innit?"

This is the week after golden week isn't it? No surprise to have a big drop in sales after a major holiday week. I'd expect to see the PS3 in th 8k range.

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
:lol

I tip my hat to you, good sir. But to that I ask: is the phrase "That was, like, totally hot, right?" any less valid than "Cor Blimey it's hot... innit?"

Certainly not, ol' chap. It's all wicked cool, a'ight?

apujanata

Vinnk said:

Please do both (One Piece and Hello Mac). And FFT:TLW (PSP).

Deku

Banned
The SFC numbers were an abberation perhaps because FF started life in the shadow of DQ and gradually became more popular as they became more cinematic and differentiated from DQ,

The Sony generation FFs started out with a lot of promise but gradually deteriorated in quality, with a few exceptions.

Eteric Rice

kpop100 said:
I thought he was referring to FF III and IV remakes on DS as being the RPG maker ones

No, someone said something about FFIII and IV remakes on the PSP, and I commented on the fact that the I and II remakes on the PSP sort of look like something from RPG maker.

(RPG Maker)

rmxppic1.png

(FFI PSP)

final-fantasy-20070417002515687.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Eteric Rice said:
No, someone said something about FFIII and IV remakes on the PSP, and I commented on the fact that the I and II remakes on the PSP sort of look like something from RPG maker.

(RPG Maker)

rmxppic1.png

(FFI PSP)

final-fantasy-20070417002515687.jpg

i've actually worked with RPG Maker 2000 back in the day

i can say that FF1 PSP is a lot more fun, not to mention the sprites are a lot better looking than most of the things you'll ever find in that stupid inflexible program

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Deku said:
The SFC numbers were an abberation perhaps because FF started life in the shadow of DQ and gradually became more popular as they became more cinematic and differentiated from DQ,

The Sony generation FFs started out with a lot of promise but gradually deteriorated in quality, with a few exceptions.

Except that XI was better than V, IX was better than VII, and that XII was a better GAME than X, but X had a much better story. XI isn't real, X-2 isn't real, so they don't count. VIII was really the only one that validates your statement, even considering your corollary. :)

Brofist

Deku said:
:lol you try too hard.

yeah I did months of research to prove you wrong. or more like I already knew you were wrong and dug up the first google screen I could find in 5 seconds ;)

Top Bottom