• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/7 - 5/13, PS3 < 10k

Eteric Rice

speculawyer said:
360 - 0
PS3 - 0

Second month in a row. Hi-Def gaming is still dead in Japan. :-(

Probably won't ever "live," considering Japan supposedly has the highest HD penetration in the world.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Good start for Final Porting Tactics. Square Enix is the only one third making serious money this gen in Japan (and surely, worlwide).

BTW, impressed by the legs of the Wii games. Shows that the system is hot and that these brands are powerful in Japan right now. I can wait to see what´s coming from Nintendo. They have been keeping the news for too long. It´s about time Nintendo!

Wait... damm! Where´s One Piece Unlimited!? Looked so cool... | (

Jonnyram

Dragona Akehi said:
He desperately requires some sort of reading comprehension. I gave him a week to find some.
Yeah, I was wondering when he would be chastised about that.
Three cheers for Dragona! :D

What is Cooking Navi on? I though this one would definately do big numbers, like all the other non-games.

Also looks like Wario and Zelda have exit stage left for now. Damn shame, both good games.

ivysaur12 said:
And I wonder if Yoshi can break 1mil?
Looks like it'll make it to 1 mil... but at this rate it might be a bit of a limp across the finish line, rather than a glorious sprint. Still, better sales overall than I would have expected before it was released. Ninty has to be pleased with YI.

the thoroughbred said:
What is Cooking Navi on? I though this one would definately do big numbers, like all the other non-games.

Also looks like Wario and Zelda have exit stage left for now. Damn shame, both good games.

Zelda has been gone for a while but Wario has been hanging around the 40-50 area for some time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
the thoroughbred said:

Wario and Zelda are almost certainly in the 30-50 range. They've dipped down there several times before.

SPM was around 90k, wasn't it?
I noticed that a few DS games have gone really high. Cooking Navi and stuff. I reckong low Wii shipment this week, so all Wii games are lower. Thats why WWSM isn't higher.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
PS360 said:
"English Training?"

No seriously what the **** kind of games do the japanese play?!?!?!

No, seriously, that´s a hell of addictive and productive game.

I´ve been playing it for months and I´m very close to complete all the exercises. My most played game so far on the DS, so imagine how great it is!

laserbeam

Banned
vicious_killer_squirrel said:
That SPM number is lower than I expected it to be. How much was it last week?

Everything took a big drop this week kinda expected after mass golden week sales.

Kenka

Defuser

tanasten said:
No, seriously, that´s a hell of addictive and productive game.

I´ve been playing it for months and I´m very close to complete all the exercises. My most played game so far on the DS, so imagine how great it is!
But you know English perfectly to start with........

cvxfreak

Top 10:
2 FF games
2 Mario games
2 Wii ____ games
2 Brain games

If only March of the Minis ranked instead of Momotaro. :lol

justchris

Top two titles are S-E this week. Guess they can waste their money on any money pits they feel like with these kinds of sales.

apujanata

Dragona Akehi said:
He desperately requires some sort of reading comprehension. I gave him a week to find some.

Way to go, Dragona. Don't do that to jimbo, yet. :) We need him (at least for two more days).

Garcia

For those who still don't have a DS....WHAT THE F*** ARE U WAITIN FOR ! It's madness out there !!

PD:(I still don't have a DS :) )

laserbeam said:

Everything took a big drop this week kinda expected after mass golden week sales.
Oh. Still, I was expecting it to do at least 30k. That's rather disappointing if you ask me.

Hopefully though, it can develop NSMB-like legs, at least until Galaxy hits.

Kenka

Shanks said:
Damn, the only thing that could possibly stop NSMB is NSMB 2 at this point...

We said that with Brain Age.

See the result.

No, NSMB is definitely the Al-Khaled of videogames in Japan, along with BT2 (for the Moslems in here, just notice the fact that I don't use this word in a religious meaning, thanks)

The only thing that bugs me about this week's numbers is that goddamned FF1 port even making the list. Overpriced rehashes of games that everyone has already played are NOT COOL, Square-Enix. NOT COOL.

If it was a new game I'd be cool with it, but Jesus Christ, that shit should not be making money.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
In response to somebody's 50k for Wii, that seems a bit low. I'll expect it to stay around 72k (+/- 10k) until the next set of big releases comes out (fall). That being said, the Wii is destined to return to the earthly plane after holding so many units back for the holidays, so a small number like 54k would not be completely unexpected.

If you look at the following, it's pretty clear that the Wii is both reliant on shipments AND on a cyclical pattern of sales that holds between 55-78k. Going by the pattern, this week should be a low week. The debate is deciding how far down it will go.

mc-weekly-23.jpg

I said 77k for my official estimation last week, and in the interest of integrity, I'll stick with that...although my gut is telling me it's a bit lower after seeing the slow software overall (58k?).

Sharp

Pretty weak sales. You can always tell when the market is exhausted when NSMB and Brain Age rise to the top.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sharp said:
Pretty weak sales. You can always tell when the market is exhausted when NSMB and Brain Age rise to the top.
This is common around the world after a holiday, especially the ones not called Christmas/New Years.

Top Bottom