• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/7 - 5/13, PS3 < 10k

ksamedi

Seriously, after selling more then 200 million Playstation branded consoles, how can Sony Fu** up like this? Its probably harder to bomb like this all over the world then to sell those 200 million Playstations.

Eteric Rice

ksamedi said:
Seriously, after selling more then 200 million Playstation branded consoles, how can Sony Fu** up like this? Its probably harder to bomb like this all over the world then to sell those 200 million Playstations.

Oh, it happens every once in a while.

I remember there was this other company that did the same thing. What as their name again?

Started with a "N." Name escapes me at the moment. :(

AniHawk

ksamedi said:

The PSP should have been a wake up call to the industry that the PS3 wouldn't work, but nobody was listening.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Eteric Rice said:

I remember there was this other company that did the same thing. What as their name again?

Stop reminding me, good times are here, atleast for now :D.

fernoca

Eteric Rice said:

But Sega starts with an "S".... ???!!? :/

ksamedi

Eteric Rice said:

No no no, N64 did fine but worse then SNES, which did fine but worse then NES. GC was the low point after years of market share decline for Nintendo.

ksamedi said:
No no no, N64 did fine but worse then SNES, which did fine but worse then NES. GC was the low point after years of market share decline for Nintendo.

Yes, people need to stop comparing the N64 so directly to the PS3. Sony is/has made a lot more mistakes with the PS3 than Nintendo did back in the mid 90s.

d[-_-]b

Banned
RiskyChris said:
Yes, people need to stop comparing the N64 so directly to the PS3. Sony is/has made a lot more mistakes with the PS3 than Nintendo did back in the mid 90s.
Is the GC more comparable?

sphinx

the piano man
In all seriousness guys, I am always thinking we are being misled by the current development of events. Deep inside of me, I keep thinking the PS3 will eventually comeback from the grave because, for f*** sake, its a playstation console.

I feel like something will change the trends and that PS3 will somehow be a contender, kind of like PSP to DS.

til now, I can not believe the PS3 is dead, It's too bizarre to be true.

pilonv1

creamsugar said:
Famitsu Hardware 5/14 - 5/20

DS Lite - 112,080
Wii - 57,654
PSP - 26,044
PS2 - 11,740
PS3 - 8,189
Xbox360 - 2,296

Were Famtisu up or down on last weeks Media Create figures for PS3? I wonder if it can drop below 7k :lol

Odysseus

Banned
guys, wait until final gear solid xiii. then it's kittens and unicorns for ps3 and curtains for wii. just you watch. this is a ten year plan, after all. blu ray. cell. spider-man. believe.

It really is over for the PS3 in Japan now, I just can't see any possible way for them to come back from this. At the very best they could possibly get "PSP level" success but even that seems to be pushing it at this point.

Eteric Rice

sphinx said:
In all seriousness guys, I am always thinking we are being misled by the current development of events. Deep inside of me, I keep thinking the PS3 will eventually comeback from the grave because, for f*** sake, its a playstation console.

I feel like something will change the trends and that PS3 will somehow be a contender, kind of like PSP to DS.

The PSP is not a contender to the DS anymore. :lol

Now, I'm not saying the PSP is a bad system. It's not bad at all. But it won't be catching up to the DS.

SonSon2

Odysseus said:
guys, wait until final gear solid xiii. then it's kittens and unicorns for ps3 and curtains for wii. just you watch. this is a ten year plan, after all. blu ray. cell. spider-man. believe.

You forgot about Home.

HOME.

Odysseus said:

At this rate, in 10 years the PS3's LTD will be less than the Wii's at 2 years.

:x

ksamedi

Sony says the PS3 will last for 10 years, im saying 3 or maybe 4 if it gets lucky. Atleast Nintendo made profits with the Gamecube, the PS3 is bringin down all of Sonys divisions.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
sphinx said:

That is problem #1. You think that they are entitled to a certain position. No one is promised shit. Once you get that out of your thought process, you'd be better off.

Aeris130 said:
Disaster is relative. If I released my own console (the "Aeris Boxx") and it sold 10k a month, I'd be happy. If I had 2-3 games in the top 30 every week, I'd be even happier.
what the **** kind of reply is that

sphinx

the piano man
Eteric Rice said:
The PSP is not a contender to the DS anymore. :lol

Now, I'm not saying the PSP is a bad system. It's not bad at all. But it won't be catching up to the DS.

at some point, they contended against each other.

ps3 WISHED it was a shadow of what PSP has achieved and compared to PS2, there are no words. speechless.

sphinx said:

The first stage is denial, guy.

Eteric Rice

sphinx said:
at some point, they contended against each other.

ps3 WISHED it was a shadow of what PSP has achieved and compared to PS2, there are no words. speechless.

First year they went at it. Then Brain Age, NSMB, etc, came out.

Everything changed from there. :|

Xavien

pilonv1 said:
Were Famtisu up or down on last weeks Media Create figures for PS3? I wonder if it can drop below 7k :lol

MC has always been lower than Famitsu when it came to the PS3. So we could be looking at a drop into the 7000's...

It's like watching a massacre... in slow motion.

Eteric Rice

Kafel said:
Nintendo's got the hype. They don't share.

Japan buys the hype.

Nintendo buys Japan.

Then we buy the hype.

I'm just waiting for Atlus and Square-Enix to buy the hype.

Then all will be good in the world.

Eteric Rice said:

But Sony seems to be going from a system that sold twice as well as SNES to a system that's selling worse than N64, so the transition is even greater.

Dear Atlus,

Release games like Odin Sphere, or an Odin Sphere port, to the Wii. I want delicious, classical better-than-Beowulf loli stories. I supported Trauma Center. I'll support you again.

Gratefully yours,

FoH.

P.S. I want good voice acting and more characters in TC next time. And less misses. I ****ING GRABBED THAT THORN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. *cries*

Eteric Rice

FlightOfHeaven said:
Dear Atlus,

Release games like Odin Sphere, or an Odin Sphere port, to the Wii. I want delicious, classical better-than-Beowulf loli stories. I supported Trauma Center. I'll support you again.

Gratefully yours,

FoH.

P.S. I want good voice acting and more characters in TC next time. And less misses. I ****ING GRABBED THAT THORN, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. *cries*

Yessss...

I wish they'd hurry the hell up.

Razoric

Banned
creamsugar said:
Famitsu Hardware 5/14 - 5/20

DS Lite - 112,080
Wii - 57,654
PSP - 26,044
PS2 - 11,740
PS3 - 8,189
Xbox360 - 2,296

Jesus-tap-dancing-christ...

PSP+PS2+PS3+360 = 48,269
Wii = 57, 654

Wii > Sony+MS
DS > Wii+Sony+MS

Wait till FF13? :lol

JoshuaJSlone said:
But Sony seems to be going from a system that sold twice as well as SNES to a system that's selling worse than N64, so the transition is even greater.

One thing is to blame: <Kaz>$599!</Kaz>

Then there are the even larger manufacturing costs that will make retail price reductions almost impossible.

And to think, all of this could have been averted had they been more fiscally conservative. Smooth, Sony, real smooth.

Speevy

Banned
I think that in Japan, Sony has already passed the point at which the PS3 could have become popular.

Even at a lower price, they're still screwed.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Xavien said:
Nintendo's Manufacturing Shack is exhausted after Golden Week sales, the Pikmin need rest!
Pikmin don't need rest. WTF are you talking about? :lol

cartman414 said:
One thing is to blame: <Kaz>$599!</Kaz>

Then there are the even larger manufacturing costs that will make retail price reductions almost impossible.

And to think, all of this could have been averted had they been more fiscally conservative. Smooth, Sony, real smooth.
Hey. Don't blame Sony. Blame Kutaragi. Credit where credit's due.

Top Bottom