• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/18 - 6/24

Grecco

Hopefully Zelda selling well in Japan makes NOJ happy.

And maybe it means Celshaded Wiizelda on the horizon.. but thats alot of maybes

Hajime no Ippo beat Folks Soul...that doesn't sound right...

Also, Wii Sports attach rate seems to be going up again, if the famitsu numbers hold(66k). Mayhaps, the people saying that Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy and RE4 cannibalizing the attach rate from Wii Sports are partly right.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
titiklabingapat said:
Hajime no Ippo beat Folks Soul...that doesn't sound right...

Also, Wii Sports attach rate seems to be going up again, if the famitsu numbers hold(66k). Mayhaps, the people saying that Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy and RE4 cannibalizing the attach rate from Wii Sports are partly right.

Ippo and Victorious Boxers is a kickass game franchise.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Sales reports out of JPN have gotten to the point of being non-events. US soon to follow?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ivysaur12 said:
What does it have after Dragon Quest IX? Read: Nothing. The DS is going to fall to hell.
Wrong. DQIX is just the beginning of a new wave of big DS titles.

Kafel

Banned
What was the time frame between the announcement of Observation Training in Famitsu and its release ?

I think we will see other huge non-game sellers by Nintendo before the end of the year.

RBH

AniHawk said:
I predict a good future for the DS from here on out. It's been a shaky last couple of years, but I think Nintendo might have a decent product on their hands.

I was starting to worry a bit about Sony, but they released two very big hits recently that have taken the next gen market by storm.

:lol

AniHawk said:
Strong debut for Zelda. Best debut since ... OOT, I think.

That's only 1 days of full sales. The strongest opening was by Ocarina of Time, which sold nearly 500,000 in one full week. Majora's Mask is the second strongest, with around 400,000 (I have to give estimates because given actual numbers isn't allowed). And third is A Link to the Past with around 300,000 (it's in between that and 350,000, about halfway :wink: :wink: ). That means Phantom Hourglass realistically has a shot, unless there's something about Japanese sales where the drop like bricks after 1 day, at breaking OoT's mark.

ivysaur12

Banned
Vic said:
Wrong. DQIX is just the beginning of a new wave of big DS titles.

The DS is dead after DQIX. Hear me? Dead. Nothing can save it. The PSP is just starting to take off. As Ani said, the PS3 is following sute.

laserbeam

Banned
Its obvious Folksouls and Sigma are supply constrained. otherwise they would have sold 70,000 units each this week. They are the big guns in japan right now

Kafel said:
Again, thx Cheesemeister for the awesome work with the links and all. o/

Sure thing. It was a bit more work than usual this week due to the amount of reprogramming involved, but hopefully I'll have all of the remaining bugs ironed out shortly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zelda sales in Japan:
Code:
1					1,690,000
2					1,610,000
oot					1,460,000
lttp					1,160,000
wind waker				742,609
majora's mask				601,539
link's awakening			540,000
twilight princess			477,075
oracle of ages / oracle of seasons	375,000
link's awakening dx			314,000
[b]phantom hourglass			303,000[/b]
link to the past and 4 swords	 	293,989
minish cap				235,400
tingle rpg				232,000
4 swords adventure			127,399

Sources; Moor-Angol's site, that list of million sellers Square2005 keeps posting, a few numbers from ethelred in last week's media-create thread.

By next week's numbers, Phantom Hourglass should be able Oracle of Ages/Seasons and below Twilight Princess. There's absolutely no question that this is going to be the best selling portable Zelda in Japan... and given the relatively low bar set by the title of "best selling Zelda period in Japan", it could hypothetically take the crown.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ivysaur12 said:
The DS is dead after DQIX. Hear me? Dead. Nothing can save it. The PSP is just starting to take off. As Ani said, the PS3 is following sute.
I guess that the great non-game dream will come to an end.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ivysaur12 said:
*Apple + F "Trusty Bell"*

At least it sold better than Origins.
Even though Origins is the best RPG released last gen and deserved to sell over a million copies
arcadia_dc_front.JPG
/
gamec016.jpg

&

box-l.jpg

FTW

jrricky

Banned
but, but, but....Zelda doesnt sell in japan anymore. I bet its that windwaker art style that gets them. Great sales anyways.:D

Stumpokapow said:
Zelda sales in Japan:
Code:
1					1,690,000
2					1,610,000
oot					1,460,000
lttp					1,160,000
wind waker				742,609
majora's mask				601,539
link's awakening			540,000
twilight princess			477,075
oracle of ages / oracle of seasons	375,000
link's awakening dx			314,000
[b]phantom hourglass			303,000[/b]
link to the past and 4 swords	 	293,989
minish cap				235,400
tingle rpg				232,000
4 swords adventure			127,399

Sources; Moor-Angol's site, that list of million sellers Square2005 keeps posting, a few numbers from ethelred in last week's media-create thread.

By next week's numbers, Phantom Hourglass should be able Oracle of Ages/Seasons and below Twilight Princess. There's absolutely no question that this is going to be the best selling portable Zelda in Japan... and given the relatively low bar set by the title of "best selling Zelda period in Japan", it could hypothetically take the crown.

Those numbers are kinda close, some are off by more than I would like. Anyway, relevant issue is I think PH will break 500,000 7 day sales, and I think it will break 1,000,000 sales by month's end. I mean, ****, Phantom Hourglass' WEEK sales in Japan might beat Twilight Princess' first month US sales...that would be a shocker.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, any Japan Gaffers buy Itadaki Street DS? How is it?

Are there any other Super Mario RPG cameos aside from Hello, Happy Kingdom?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
TSA said:
Those numbers are kinda close, some are off by more than I would like. Anyway, relevant issue is I think PH will break 500,000 7 day sales, and I think it will break 1,000,000 sales by month's end. I mean, ****, Phantom Hourglass' WEEK sales in Japan might beat Twilight Princess' first month US sales...that would be a shocker.

If you have better Japanese LTDs, I'd really appreciate them. I was going to do one of those visual graphs with the sprites like the final fantasy and mario graphs I and others did and it'd be great to have more accurate numbers.

Vinnk

I know people are just joking (at least I HOPE they are) but in case there is any confusion at all, the following games are not supply constrained at least in my town they are abundantly available:

Folks soul
Trusty Bell
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Top Bottom