• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/2 - 6/8

Mrbob

Ninja Gaiden 2 sales in Japan are OK.

If USA sales are 25K for the week then this is a problem. USA is where the bulk of sales from NG Xbox came from anyway.

Draft

FateBreaker said:
Actually actually, I'm quite sure he was being sarcastic. har har.
I thought he was just trying to soften up the incredible blow he dealt Lord Tomonobu's ego.

Vinci

Danish
Tenbatsu said:
61bjijxnuxl.jpg

When Shiren hits here, we're going to get a neutered version of this beautiful box-art, aren't we? The DS game's box looks like shit in the States.

Olaeh

Glad to see Burst Limit and Shiren3 as the top two. I suspect Shiren will drop off the top 30 next week, and Burst Limit will be in the low top ten.

iidesuyo

TheKingsCrown said:
lol are you people seriously comparing Wii Fit to Monster Hunter? Isn't one priced radically different than the other, and isn't it also arguably a new mini console?

There are people around comparing WiiFit and PS3 sales, so whatever.

Vinci

Danish
iidesuyo said:

Nah, we quit that the moment it became unfunny (ie. the moment Wii Fit began to kick its ass). I personally don't see a problem with comparing MH to Wii Fit though: They're both games with a peripheral (PSP and Balance Board, respectively).

Yes, I'm fucking kidding.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Vinci said:
Nah, we quit that the moment it became unfunny (ie. the moment Wii Fit began to kick its ass). I personally don't see a problem with comparing MH to Wii Fit though: They're both games with a peripheral (PSP and Balance Board, respectively).
Joking aside - I'm no expert on WiiFit, but it seems to me like the major draw for it would be social multiplay aspect - much like with the rest of Wii*** titles. And that happens to be the major draw of the MHP series as well.
So one could argue they are similar after all.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Is Shiren III coming to the states? Seems like all high quality titles that get made for the Wii no matter how niche they arem, comes over here.

Vinnk

Fafalada said:
Joking aside - I'm no expert on WiiFit, but it seems to me like the major draw for it would be social multiplay aspect - much like with the rest of Wii*** titles. And that happens to be the major draw of the MHP series as well.
So one could argue they are similar after all.
]

There is no multiplayer in Wii Fit. (OK there is that one running part where you can have another person, but it is useless). I find it a very solitary game. Unless you enjoy having friends watch you workout.

Nocebo

Vinci said:

Yes, I'm fucking kidding.
:lol ouch.

Powapuro is holding up quite well, it'll not come in the range of the better selling PS2 iterations but it'll be a big success-story anyways.

Shiren has a decent opening, it'll be interesting to see if it can keep going for week 2 though (I doubt it). Still there seems to be an audience for this type of game on the Wii.

Oh and Clannad makes a steep decline. VK2 will beat VK1 but it doesn't seem like it'll be by a good bit and it'll miss 100k most probably. Only a select few titles really profit from PSP's increased hw sales. No broad (casual) appeal, no sales. Maybe piracy does have an effect after all?

Elbrain said:
Fucking wow on DBZ ps3 and NG2 for the 360. One in a good way and one in a bad way.
For the relaunch of the series it's actually pretty disappointing. Seems console DB hasn't found a new home yet or will just die down eventually.

iidesuyo said:
The point of that comparison is a different one though.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Vinnk said:
Unless you enjoy having friends watch you workout.
There's not even like - "hot-seat" modes?
I admit I only followed news very casually but I sort of imagined it would play that way (one person on the stand, the rest pointing and laughing, and you take turns in challenges or whatever).
Or maybe it's just that that was the only fun mode I could see in it :p

Concept17

Vilix said:
You know a lot of people worship Itagaki like he's the second coming of Christ. Besides putting big titted women on every game, the gameplay of most of his games has been average at best. Ninja Gaiden for the xbox was great, but NG2 has proven to be more of the same, but with a terrible camera. Hell, the visuals aren't even that great. Not for the 360 anyway. The guy's a pompus ass and not capable of anything original.

While this post does not belong here, I couldn't agree more.

Tron 2.0

Shiren sales are pretty good.

While the DC and N64 versions did significantly more in their first week, gaming in Japan has changed a lot since then. When compared to the more recent DS entry it did well.

Unless it completely collapses next week, 100k should be pretty attainable. Now bring it to the west Sega!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Fafalada said:
There's not even like - "hot-seat" modes?
I admit I only followed news very casually but I sort of imagined it would play that way (one person on the stand, the rest pointing and laughing, and you take turns in challenges or whatever).
Or maybe it's just that that was the only fun mode I could see in it :p
You have to get back to the "main menu" every time you want to change player. Not really multiplayer-friendly, I'd say.

CANLI

When you see NG2, I wonder myself: "why does a lot of games take so many months of years to be released outside Japan?"
NG2 has been released everywhere in 1 week. They should do this to everyone.
When I see that, It means that the language option is not a difficulty and many developpers have their translaters.

jakncoke

Banned
future_pinoy said:
Hope it reach 6 million

What's MC numbers on it according to the japan-gamecharts that uses Famitsu it's 5.175.613 with a last update of June 5th...I don't see how there would be that big a difference of numbers for it to have a chance.

lo zaffo

norinrad21 said:
I like this weeks chart, looks pretty well balanced
Yes indeed. One can argue [real] gaming is alive in mother-ship JPN.

I will support Shiren 3 Wii even though the announcement of Shiren 2DS has took Shiren 3 Wii out of hot spot light.

Fans are queuing up for MGS4 in Japan, something we haven't seen for PS3 since its initial launch (not even the releases of big games like DW5 and DMC4 and the white PS3 had queues). MGS4 will very likely be the biggest PS3 game so far. Maybe we can be optimistic about the hardware sales it can push too.

jakncoke

Banned
AnimeTheme said:
Fans are queuing up for MGS4 in Japan, something we haven't seen for PS3 since its initial launch (not even the releases of big games like DW5 and DMC4 and the white PS3 had queues). MGS4 will very likely be the biggest PS3 game so far. Maybe we can be optimistic about the hardware sales it can push too.

400k invisible wall to be broken?

AnimeTheme said:
Yeah, pics (copy&paste if direct linking doesn't work etc):
http://www.gfdata.de/archiv06-2008-gamefront/3831.html

I like what I'm seeing in those pics.
Rain!

Kenka

This Media Create thread looks like a good appetizer for the forthcoming NPD. :D

Shiren The Wanderer may not exactly be the signal for the third-parties to invest on Wii but at least it will sell better than Star Ocean 4.

Metroid Killer said:
So how's BWII doing compared to the first one now? BWI fell of the charts after 4 weeks, if I remember correctly. And it seems like BWII sorta found its legs in the 20s.
From the last mc thread:

27.) Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) 5.100 [57.000]

These are the Famitsu numbers for last week. It did beat out the first one already but unless it has killer legs it's not a real noticable improvement. It'll probably end up in the 70k range when all is said and done.

Doubledex

Banned
Vilix said:
You know a lot of people worship Itagaki like he's the second coming of Christ. Besides putting big titted women on every game, the gameplay of most of his games has been average at best. Ninja Gaiden for the xbox was great, but NG2 has proven to be more of the same, but with a terrible camera. Hell, the visuals aren't even that great. Not for the 360 anyway. The guy's a pompus ass and not capable of anything original.
Calm down! He is gone! Good times for Tecmo ahead ;-p

maxmars

Phife Dawg said:
From the last mc thread:

27.) Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) 5.100 [57.000]

These are the Famitsu numbers for last week. It did beat out the first one already but unless it has killer legs it's not a real noticable improvement. It'll probably end up in the 70k range when all is said and done.

Too bad, it's one of my most played Wii games. I'd really like to see a definitive version of it, with a scenario editor and a couple more islands.

Mr. Pointy said:
Probably in the first week it seems.

My new predictions:

280k first day
450k first week
750k LTD

60k PS3s in first week
That would put it in the realm of the PS2 MGS'. If it would indeed turn out that way (I doubt it) I think we could safely say that the fanbase is the most loyal to both franchise and the PS family (buying a PS3 for or in anticipation of this game).

maxmars said:
Too bad, it's one of my most played Wii games. I'd really like to see a definitive version of it, with a scenario editor and a couple more islands.
I really like it as well but I don't think these numbers are bad or anything. For a western developed and aimed game it does pretty good imo (and did on GC). It doesn't do all that well in the west sadly :(.

manzo

Kinda lowish numbers for Ninja Gaiden 2. :/ Does anyone know how big the shipment was? I wonder what the sold % of the whole shipment was.

Tomorrow for the MGS4 first numbers? My guess: 150k and 40k PS3s.

verplant

AnimeTheme said:

Really? We didn't?!?

MGS4 will NOT be the biggest PS3 game so far... we will see tomorrow. :D

Kittonwy said:
So did Itagaki suing Tecmo hurt Ninja Gaiden 2's sales or help it?

After Itagaki quit Tecmo, Japanese gamers lost their motivation to buy into the series knowing they won't get a sequel. :/

Top Bottom