• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/25 - 7/1

Mar

cvxfreak said:
Time to say goodbye to laughing DS lady for now...

I like the new avatar. But if required, you could always combine the two and have the lady laughing at the RE guy morph.

Juice

Wow, I hadn't realized that we're only 18 or so weeks away before the DS LTD beats the PS2 in Japan. :O

Vinnk

apujanata said:
Nice report on Wii, DSL (old color vs. new color) and Folks Soul.

Nice report on Zelda. Shouldn't you be able to ask Hiro whether he get second shipment or not ? Even though his store is small, he might be able to tell things.

Nice picture of kiosk. It will be better if you get the picture of the other two that only DQ Swords. I could not wait to hear the early impression of Japanese GAFers this week. I hope DQ Swords sell well, so SE will be even more commited to Wii (since I haven't bought PS3 yet).

How small is Hiro's store ? can you give an estimate based on the size ? (using square feet or square meter).

Thank you for your feedback.

Hiro did not get a second shipment but since his small store sometimes doesn’t even get a first shipment of certain titles, it is hard to apply that information.

The other 2 kiosks were nothing special. The Wii kiosk is simply the standard white monolithic on and the other was a smallish TV. They were not specially decorated.

As for Hiro's store it is quite a bit smaller than my apartment. But very well stocked with games. I wrote a short piece about it in 2005, the info is old, but there are some pictures.

linsivvi

Zen said:
27. NDS Mega Man Star Force Pegasus/Leo/Dragon 8222 / 524458

Seems to have done ok for itself.

Yeah, everyone thought this game tanked. Seems like it did pretty well afterall. Still a far cry from its former glory though.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Vinnk said:
As for Hiro's store it is quite a bit smaller than my apartment.
Damn, Vinnk, either that store is extremely tiny (I can't really tell from the pics), or your apartment is unusually large for Japan. Though I assume being in a small village means you're not stuck living in a box as is the case in the larger cities.

Link

The Autumn Wind
From Vinnk's 2005 interview with Hiro:

So do you have a last statement for our readers?

[thinks for a minute] I think good games are ones that are basic style. Tetris. Super Mario Brothers. Nintendo knows it best. I hope Nintendo will discover new game fields in the future.
Wow, eerily prophetic.

Vinnk

Link said:
Damn, Vinnk, either that store is extremely tiny (I can't really tell from the pics), or your apartment is unusually large for Japan. Though I assume being in a small village means you're not stuck living in a box as is the case in the larger cities.

I have a fairly nice sized apartment. 2 bedrooms, biggish kitchen. But Famicom dojo is only slightly larger than my living room. I'd say you could get 15 people in there if you really stuffed them in. Usually there are between one and three people there at a time.

ethelred

Vinnk said:
I have a fairly nice sized apartment. 2 bedrooms, biggish kitchen. But Famicom dojo is only slightly larger than my living room. I'd say you could get 15 people in there if you really stuffed them in. Usually there are between one and three people there at a time.

Wait, the store you go to is called Famicom Dojo? Doesn't that mean the reports you write could basically be renamed "Dispatches from the GameCube Hut?"

ethelred said:
Wait, the store you go to is called Famicom Dojo? Doesn't that mean the reports you write could basically be renamed "Dispatches from the GameCube Hut?"

Somehow I don't think we'd be capable of squeezing 30K Wiis into the place.

Vinnk

Some of my students were talking about skipping club activities on Thrusday to pick up Dragon Quest: Swords before it sells out. Feel the storm.. it's coming...

..maybe

Terrell

Vinnk said:
Some of my students were talking about skipping club activities on Thrusday to pick up Dragon Quest: Swords before it sells out. Feel the storm.. it's coming...

..maybe
Oh Vinnk, don't discredit yourself like that. It may be anecdotal, but I would rather listen to what you have to say on market trends.

There, I made someone feel good about themselves, that's my good deed of the day. Time to raise hell.

Vinnk

This morning I was running late and had to buy my breakfast at a convenience store. While I was paying I heard some familiar music. I then saw that a trailer for Dragon Quest: Swords was playing on the little screen of the cash register. It seems the convenience stores will also be selling this game. That in itself is not uncommon, there is a small game selection at most stores but they only pick the titles that are believed to be sure fire hits (the final fantasy’s and stuff) so this is just a bit more good news for the potential of a third party game selling on the Wii. We will find out soon if all this hype is paying off..

apujanata

Vinnk said:

..maybe

This morning I was running late and had to buy my breakfast at a convenience store. While I was paying I heard some familiar music. I then saw that a trailer for Dragon Quest: Swords was playing on the little screen of the cash register. It seems the convenience stores will also be selling this game. That in itself is not uncommon, there is a small game selection at most stores but they only pick the titles that are believed to be sure fire hits (the final fantasy’s and stuff) so this is just a bit more good news for the potential of a third party game selling on the Wii. We will find out soon if all this hype is paying off..

For a small town to get this much of hype, I do believe SE need to prepare a big second shipment or increase their first shipment AGAIN. 350K just did not cut it. I am off to predict the sales on the official Dragon Quest Swords prediction here

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
apujanata said:
For a small town to get this much of hype, I do believe SE need to prepare a big second shipment or increase their first shipment AGAIN. 350K just did not cut it. I am off to predict the sales on the official Dragon Quest Swords prediction here

Yeah 350K sounds too low. Hope its upped.

Vinnk

A lot of people seem to want it. But do all those people have the Wii systems yet? A lot of hardcore gamers waited to buy the Wii until there were titles like this for it. But with the limited supplies of the system, they might not be able to buy this game and a system. Or maybe Nintendo has been hording Wii's. Either way, this is going to be interesting.

Toru

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2007/07/11/103,1184149516,74998,0,0.html
1. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)
2. [NDS] Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol (Nintendo)
3. [PS2] Super Robot Wars: Original Generations (Banpresto)
4. [NDS] Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (Nintendo)
5. [NDS] Itadaki Street DS (Square-Enix)
6. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
7. [PS3] My Summer Vacation 3 (SCE)
8. [NDS] Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! (SNK Playmore)
9. [NDS] More English Training (Nintendo)
10. [NDS] More Brain Age (Nintendo)

enishi

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10039532447.html

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 80k, LTD > 500k, 50% chance to reach non-game status
[NDS] Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol - 50k, 1.7x of GC version first week
[NDS] Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! - 25k
[PS3] My Summer Vacation 3 - 25k, 20% of PS2 version first week
[PS3] The Blazing Angels - 4k

NDS - 120k
Wii - 70k
PSP - 35k

enishi

Vinnk said:
A lot of people seem to want it. But do all those people have the Wii systems yet? A lot of hardcore gamers waited to buy the Wii until there were titles like this for it. But with the limited supplies of the system, they might not be able to buy this game and a system. Or maybe Nintendo has been hording Wii's. Either way, this is going to be interesting.

S-E needs to ship more before the used copies become readily available, esp people may finish it within 1-2 days...

Top Bottom