• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/9 - 6/15

milanbaros

Member?
Arguments in favour of PS3;

- It is up over last year so it hasn't experienced the slow death ala GC.

- Japanese sales have stagnated whereas the industry has boomed elsewhere. Japanese sales don't mean so much anymore.

erm...

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
milanbaros said:
Arguments in favour of PS3;

- It is up over last year so it hasn't experienced the slow death ala GC.

Before last week's Snakebump, I think it was tracking slightly behind last year. But I do think its started to track ahead of the GC consistently.

Laguna

Banned
WKC could be a 2008 release but it could also be an early 2009 release the same goes for Bio5. Sony should start telling everyone their releasedates because noone besides some crazy fans want to buy a console for just one game without knowing what and when other interesting games may come. Especially in this kind of situation (Wii dominating the home console market over there) potential PS3 buyers want some concrete informations. The "strategy" to show off your games and release them after 2-3 years or spreading games that were anounced some years ago over years isn´t beneficial either, when 3rd parties aren´t supporting you with all their strength, especially if Japanese 3rd parties are starting to announce games for the competing systems.

sphinx said:
everybody talks like there was a legitimate report of plenty of used copies of MGS4 in Japan.

I had talked to two different people who had reported used copies of both MGS4 and of the bundle PS3s in various places as early as the day we got last week's sales numbers. Given that this is an extremely common pattern for campaign-oriented, single player "experience" games released on non-winning consoles, I don't see much reason to believe otherwise in this case.

jakncoke

Banned
I expected 25k for PS3..so my hardware expectations are in line..but was defiantly expecting at least 100k in software for MGS4..hmm PS3 owners...buy the game NAO!!!

Edit: So DBZ became the 15th game to reach 100k for PS3, will SC4 be next?

charlequin said:
I had talked to two different people who had reported used copies of both MGS4 and of the bundle PS3s in various places as early as the day we got last week's sales numbers. Given that this is an extremely common pattern for campaign-oriented, single player "experience" games released on non-winning consoles, I don't see much reason to believe otherwise in this case.

Same exact thing happened to Zelda OOT over there.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
charlequin said:

The PS3 really has all the makings of what happened with the N64. As a gaming system anyways.

sphinx

the piano man
Vilix said:
The PS3 really has all the makings of what happened with the N64. As a gaming system anyways.

not precisely bad considering the quality of some of the exclusives of the N64.

are we getting HW anytime soon?

Vinnk

Jasoncheng said:

Ouch. Seems the people really did buy a PS3 ONLY for one game. I have to say I'm a bit surprised. I knew there would be no "turing of the tides" but I expected at least a few ripples.

Top Bottom