• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6 Mar ~ 12 Mar

neo2046

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/

01 NDS Animal Crossing WW - 82,000 (2,117,000)
02 NDS Brain Age 2 - 71,000 (1,505,000)
03 PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 (Samurai Warrior) - 49,000 (474,000)
04 NDS English Training - 42,000 (617,000)
05 NDS Brain Age - 41,000 (1,683,000)
06 PS2 Gundam Climax UC - 34,000 (191,000)
07 NDS Seiken Densetsu CHILDREN of MANA - 27,000 (129,000)
08 PSP Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - 21,000 (91,000)
09 NDS Mario Kart DS - 19,000 (1,171,000)
10 PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 17,000 (558,000)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
AC took the top spot? you got to be shitting me. those are some incredible legs right there.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I assume the AC sales are due to the "its spring time in animal crossing" commercials

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
sp0rsk said:
I assume the AC sales are due to the "its spring time in animal crossing" commercials
If Nintendo ran commercials at the change of each season AC will be selling strong all year long lol

C'moooon Mana, show us something good :(

The animal crossing sales are as incredible as ever, but the DS dominance seems to be gone for good now. I mean, it's only 6 out of the top ten...I remember the good ole' days when it had 9/10 ;)

Beowvlf

Banned
Archie said:
HOLY SHIT at Animal Crossing.

How long until Monorojo and Heian-kyo spin CoM and VP?
Who the hell cares about that, a 3 month old game is number one! Those aren't legs, AC is riding a god damn tripod! I'm not a fan of the DS port at all, but you just have to step back and give your respect to numbers like this.

pgtl_10

clearacell said:
C'moooon Mana, show us something good :(

The animal crossing sales are as incredible as ever, but the DS dominance seems to be gone for good now. I mean, it's only 6 out of the top ten...I remember the good ole' days when it had 9/10 ;)

Doomed Soon!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Probationsmack said:
So monster hunter 2 for ps2 dropped out of the top ten but the psp version keeps chugging along

I said WOW
All the new people buying PSP's have to buy something. :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
AC on top? Wow, nothing new was released? Wait. What happen to Cooking Mama?

I want DS Lite sales plz. :D

Edit: Damn you cvx and Jonny. You guys update your HATSUBAI LIST too soon.

Children of Mana will likely break 200k, possibly break 300,000 if it continues selling 20,000 copies (Slime MoriMori 2 managed to reach <270,000 with selling around that number week after week for the longest time).

Also, were the two new DS Lites released this week?

neo2046

:lol crazy Animal Crossing sales

the chart next week should be FF12 on top
and except Monster Hunter poratable,
other 8 titles on top 10 are belonged to DS

taddpoll

God Bless Animal Crossing.

Thats one game that deserves some credit. With all of the criticism that Nintendo's Non-Game-Games recieved when they were announced. I'm glad to see how Nintendogs, AC, Brain Age, and English Training are putting the foot in all the nay-sayers mouths.

I do believe that CoM will break 500k by the end of the year. That's a small number when compared to the Non-Game-Games, but when you compare it to the PSP's top selling titles at the moment, it is shining.

A Link to the Past said:
Children of Mana will likely break 200k, possibly break 300,000 if it continues selling 20,000 copies (Slime MoriMori 2 managed to reach <270,000 with selling around that number week after week for the longest time).

Also, were the two new DS Lites released this week?

Ugh, slimemorimori had legs for sure, but how much did it bieng a holiday release contribute to that? I expect com to be in next weeks top ten, but afterwards it could very well start to plummet unless it gets word of mouth.

RaijinFY

taddpoll said:
God Bless Animal Crossing.

I do believe that CoM will break 500k by the end of the year. That's a small number when compared to the Non-Game-Games, but when you compare it to the PSP's top selling titles at the moment, it is shining.

Huh, what? Sorry but no...

taddpoll said:

:lol

taddpoll

Why no?

The game will release in North America by the end of the year, and Christmas will come and go all the while the game will still be selling in Japan.

Is this idea too complex for you? :)

taddpoll

Why no?

The game will release in North America by the end of the year, and Christmas will come and go all the while the game will still be selling in Japan.

Is this idea too complex for you?

taddpoll said:
Why no?

Is this idea too complex for you? :)

Well, we are in a JAPAN sales thread. So we assumed that you were talking about JAPAN sales.

Even so, it does have a chance of breaking 500,000 with all of the territories (sp?) combined. I can imagine 350,000 in the US and EU.

7Th

taddpoll said:
Why no?

So complex you needed to post it two times.

WTF @ Animal Crossing :lol

The game will never die apparently. Very, very impressive. Nintendo has another hit franchise on their hands.

Children of Mana...wow. I don't see how anyone could possibly spin this as a good preformance. The game has underpreformed, ESPECIALLY when you consider it was the only big game to be released alongside the DSL. It might not even be in the top ten next week, so how is it getting to 500,000 this year?

Monorojo

Banned
Monster Hunter Portable has amazing legs 0_0 it really appears it will reach 600k rather easily now....

The game only sold 125k in its first week, NO ONE expected it to even break 400k.

VP will break 100k by next week.

And whats up with DS Lite pushing 2 PSP titles in to the top 10? Its almost like its helping PSP more than hurting it...dont really understand whats happening.

Also Japan needs PS3 ASAP, home console sales are reaching DISASTER levels.

CoM has dropped like a stone, might pass 200k but won't get anywhere near 300k. I'd assume it'll hit around 15k next week and then vanish to the lower regions of the charts.

AC is an absolute monster and with the staggered launch of the DS Lite, should continue to put up huge numbers for a few weeks yet. I'm thinking 3m is definitely within reach, especially if it shows the legs that Brain Training had last year.

CoolTrick

Banned
05 NDS Brain Age - 41,000 (1,683,000)

People should realize that Brain Training LAUNCHED at 40,000. That's how amazing this performance has been.

And whats up with DS Lite pushing 2 PSP titles in to the top 10? Its almost like its helping PSP more than hurting it...

Ignore list +1

taddpoll said:
Why no?

I think everyone thought you were talking just about Japan.

Alcibiades

I remember someone wondered if Animal Crossing could compete with the Dragon Warrior series...

I actually think it might have a shot now, considering that the DS Lite production will take a while to catch up with demand...

It has amazing legs, and with Nintendo's big shots like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon still to come, it can remain in the charts for a long time I think...

Dracos

Monorojo said:
And whats up with DS Lite pushing 2 PSP titles in to the top 10? Its almost like its helping PSP more than hurting it...dont really understand whats happening.

I get dumber and dumber with each post you make.

Monorojo

Banned
Really people, DS Lite seems to be bringing so many people to the stores and with the shortages and all, PSP console sales saw a 33% boost last week and now we have 2 PSP titles in the top 10 when one fell off last week.

DS Lite isn't killing PSP like you all thought it would, its boosting its sales. Very ironic

Monorojo said:
Really people, DS Lite seems to be bringing so many people to the stores and with the shortages and all, PSP console sales saw a 33% boost last week and now we have 2 PSP titles in the top 10 when one fell off last week.

DS Lite isn't killing PSP like you all thought it would, its boosting its sales. Very ironic

:lol :lol

Btw. although it's only my personal crazy theory, but ... could the fact that about two dozen (perhaps even more, don't know) games have been released for PSP in the last three or four weeks have something to do with these improved sales?
In this case ... is it perhaps possible that Valkyrie Profile (+ the other game releases) is perhaps responsible for the ~11k higher PSP hardware sales?
Sounds crazy ..., doesn't it?

Top Bottom