• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 7/14 - 7/20

donny2112

1. [NDS] Dragon Quest V (Square Enix) - 643,764 / NEW
2. [PSP] Gundam Battle Universe (Namco Bandai Games) - 137,550 / NEW
3. [PS2] Persona 4 (Atlus Co. ) - 40,680 / 233K
4. [PS3] Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi (Aqua Plus) - 34,431 / NEW
5. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 27,198 / 2,380K
6. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 23,992 / 1,584K
7. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) - 21,419 / 212K
8. [NDS] Derby Stallion DS (Enterbrain) - 16,248 / 223K
9. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (Capcom) - 16,040 / 2,293K
10. [NDS] Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan (Nintendo) - 15,693 / 44K

11. [NDS] Beautiful Letter Training DS (Nintendo)
12. [WII] Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball (Nintendo)
13. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot (Konami)
14. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
15. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 3 (Konami)
16. [WII] Resident Evil 0 (Capcom)
17. [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
18. [NDS] Hanayori Danshi: Koi Seyo Onago (Boys Over Flowers: A Girl in Love) (Konami)
19. [WII] Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Namco Bandai Games)
20. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
21. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master 2 (Namco Bandai Games)
22. [PSP] God of War: Chains of Olympus (Capcom)
23. [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
24. [WII] Family Trainer (Namco Bandai Games)
25. [PS3] Initial D: Extreme Stage (SEGA)
26. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
27. [NDS] Gegege no Kitarou: Youkai Daigekisen (Namco Bandai Games)
28. [NDS] Bokura wa Kaseki Holder (We are Fossil Diggers) (Nintendo)
29. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
30. [PS2] Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 12: CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Shito, Futatabi (D3 Publisher)
31. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
32. [NDS] Custom Beat Battle: Draglade 2 (Namco Bandai Games)
33. [NDS] Nanashi no Game (The Game with no Name) (Square Enix)
34. [PS3] Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (Spike)
35. [PSP] Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono. (Sword & Magic & School) (Acquire)
36. [NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Batonnage (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.)
37. [NDS] Tottadoo! Yoiko's Deserted Island Life (Namco Bandai Games)
38. [NDS] Naruto Shippuuden: Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu - Gekitou! Naruto vs. Sasuke (Ninja Council) (Takara Tomy)
39. [NDS] Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ichi-Kan - Tatari (1st Chapter - Tatari) (Alchemist)
40. [NDS] Pet Shop Monogatari DS (Taito)
41. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
42. [NDS] Bleach: The 3rd Phantom (SEGA)
43. [NDS] Metal Slug 7 (SNK Playmore)
44. [NDS] Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary (IE Institute)
45. [PSP] Super Robot Taisen A Portable (Namco Bandai Games)
46. [PS3] Metal Gear Online (Konami)
47. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ (Konami)
48. [WII] Link's Crossbow Training with Wii Zapper (Nintendo)
49. [NDS] Puyo Puyo! (BEST) (SEGA)
50. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)

NDS - 26
WII - 10
PSP - 7
PS3 - 5
PS2 - 2

PSP 74,024
DS Lite 54,531
Wii 40,803
PS3 11,253
PS2 9,535
Xbox 360 4,208

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
600 and 44

Wow.

donny2112

A Link to the Snitch said:
I think the real news is that Diamond and Pearl suddenly jumped into the top 20.

They were both in the Top 40 last week. Moor-Angol mentioned that there was a new Pokemon movie out in Japan, so that is probably why they're seeing a resurgence.

Kagari said:
lol, what was the new color?

Metallic Blue was mentioned in last week's thread. I think there was also a bundle with Gundam Battle Universe.

Kagari said:
And how the hell did PSP still outsell DS?

Because everyone already owns one or two DS systems over there? There are only so many people in the country. It already passed PS2's LTD in Japan what, like 6-7 months ago?

MrDaravon

Unless I'm totally missing it, I don't MGS4 on last week's chart at all, that's kinda an odd jump.

Also I'm probably totally insane, but the DQ number seems kinda low to me as far as what I was expecting. It's a good remake/port of a game that is often voted the #1 game of all time in Japan, in the #1 game series in Japan, on an insanely hot system with a large userbase. I would imagine they probably went through their entire shipment though. On the other hand since it's DS it'll probably have good legs, sales aren't front-loaded as much.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SailorDaravon said:
Unless I'm totally missing it, I don't MGS4 on last week's chart at all, that's kinda an odd jump.

Also I'm probably totally insane, but the DQ number seems kinda low to me as far as what I was expecting. It's a good remake/port of a game that is often voted the #1 game of all time in Japan, in the #1 game series in Japan, on an insanely hot system with a large userbase. I would imagine they probably went through their entire shipment though. On the other hand since it's DS it'll probably have good legs, sales aren't front-loaded as much.
It's the best debut for a DQ game on DS to date. The first to do above 600k in the first week according to MC numbers.

Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 597,301
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (Square-Enix) - 593,994

klee123

Kinda surprised that MGS4 is still in the top 30 after all of these weeks. usually for a lot of PS3 games, it would have been out of the top 50 by now.

Loudninja

klee123 said:
Kinda surprised that MGS4 is still in the top 30 after all of these weeks. usually for a lot of PS3 games, it would have been out of the top 50 by now.

Not the top 30, but still in the top 20 :p

klee123

Loudninja said:
Not the top 30, but still in the top 20 :p

Yeah, usually with these types of games, after the first week, the used game sales usually take over, so it's good to see that MGS4 actually has some legs.

Terrell

SailorDaravon said:

It was already just remade on PS2... there's only so much remaking that one game can withstand. Some of the Final Fantasy games are at the breaking point for that.

markatisu

12. WII Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball
16. WII Resident Evil 0
19. WII Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

For a crap baseball game, Mario Stadium is still kicking

RE0 on the charts just means it is making that much more $$$

ToS2 still sticking around is good to see, anyone know what the LTD on it is?

Hm RE0 dropped a lot more than I thought

Most people were amazed it charted as high as it did last week, where did you think it would be sitting?

Dragona Akehi said:
Dunno if DQVDS is going to beat DQVPS2...

Depends on the legs.

I'm just kinda bummed about Starfi under-performing. If it doesn't sell comparatively to the last game, we may not see a new game, and I'd like to see a console Starfi, maybe with Wario Land's style (and Wario as an ally, like in the third game).

jj984jj said:
It's the best debut for a DQ game on DS to date. The first to do above 600k in the first week according to MC numbers.

Yep. If the falloff from this is at all comparable to DQ4, it's going to come very close to (if not surpass) the PS2 version.

klee123 said:
Yeah, usually with these types of games, after the first week, the used game sales usually take over, so it's good to see that MGS4 actually has some legs.

These aren't really legs, necessarily. The top ten ended at 16k the last two weeks; MGS4 has been hanging out in what's probably the >10,000 sales region as a result. It's pretty close to the "insignificant off-chart growth" point, so in order to truly have "legs" now it'd need to stick it out around 10,000 a week for quite some time, something I'm not sure will actually happen.

charlequin said:
Yep. If the falloff from this is at all comparable to DQ4, it's going to come very close to (if not surpass) the PS2 version.

But according to Sinobi, there is no shortage this time, which is why I'm a bit worried. It still has done absolutely phenomenally well, no question. I just dunno if it'll beat it's big brother (which was still fairly "recently" released, though not as bad as FFIV).

For hardware sales at least. Almost doubling Wii sales over there. That's pretty insane.

Even tho the software isn't dominating as much, it's still doing decently (by PSP standards). In the US, you hardly ever see a PSP game break the top 10 (God of War and a few other exceptions).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Private Hoffman said:
For hardware sales at least. Almost doubling Wii sales over there. That's pretty insane.
New color was released to help stem the tide of DQ.

Jammy

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
PSP has been selling nearly as well over there for a while though.

I'm not sure how much the "new color" has to do with it.

Seeing as how PSP's been doing slightly above 45,000 the past couple weeks, I'd say ~25,000.

jj984jj said:

Dragon Quest IV (Square-Enix) - 597,301
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (Square-Enix) - 593,994

Well it is the best of the three DQ's being remade, so it makes sense that it does the best. :)

Top Bottom