• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 8 - 14 May

cvxfreak

1. (PS2, Namco) Jikkyou Powerful Major League - 90,000
2. (DS, Nintendo) Tetris DS - 70,000 / 448,000
3. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Training - 55,000 / 2,219,000
4. (PS2, Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 - 51,000 / 612,000
5. (DS, Nintendo) Brain Training - 38,000 / 2,175,000
6. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing: Wild World - 31,000 / 2,676,000
7. (DS, Nintendo) English Training DS - 28,000 / 1,026,000
8. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond & Pearl - 17,000 / 514,000
9. (PS2, Square Enix) Dragon Quest Shonen Yangus & Fushigi no Dungeon - 15,000 / 231,000
10. (GBA, Nintendo) Mother 3 - 14,000 / 305,000

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but no more monthly charts. Don't ask why.

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/index.htm

Acosta

Wait.. is there actually a game called More Brain Training??

Yes, second part of Brain Training. I think it´s more focused on competitive brain games or something like that, not really sure.

Acosta

Ok, Nintendo is great doing business and all.

But it´s normal that almost no game of that list produce me any tipe of excitement or urge to buy? New markets is great for industry but where is the old market?

Mrbob

Gaijin To Ronin said:

But it´s normal that almost no game of that list produce me any tipe of excitement or urge to buy? New markets is great for industry but where is the old market?

True. I wouldn't buy any of those games in the top 10. But they like what they like.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Gaijin To Ronin said:

Braintraining is awesome. Come to think of it, I have 3 games out of that top 10.

RaijinFY

cvxfreak said:
1. (PS2, Namco) Jikkyou Powerful Major League - 90,000
2. (DS, Nintendo) Tetris DS - 70,000 / 448,000
3. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Training - 55,000 / 2,219,000
4. (PS2, Konami) World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 - 51,000 / 612,000
5. (DS, Nintendo) Brain Training - 38,000 / 2,175,000
6. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing: Wild World - 31,000 / 2,676,000
8. (DS, Nintendo) Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond & Pearl - 17,000 / 514,000
9. (PS2, Square Enix) Dragon Quest Shonen Yangus & Fushigi no Dungeon - 15,000 / 231,000
10. (GBA, Nintendo) Mother 3 - 14,000 / 305,000

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/index.htm

Damn!

EDIT: Btw what was the lastest Famitsu charts?

argon

Gaijin To Ronin said:

It appears the console market in Japan is slowly dying, or at least continuing to shrink.. is it a temporary decline or have gamers simply found other outlets for entertainment (portables, cell phones, etc)?

With PS3 and the Wii launching this year, I guess we'll see.

I think in one more week we'll see if Tetris actually has a shot at a million...maybe it should've been called "Tetris training" then it'll probably sell more than Animal Crossing.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Yeah, I thought Tetris's gonna sell but not that much. WE10 is a bit lower than I expected.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Gaijin To Ronin said:

There's only 3 "non-games" up there, jeez.

Poor AC is slowing down. :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
WTF is that non-non-game doin at number 2 on the DS? Tetris was never this big a seller since the original gameboy.

Acosta

There's only 3 "non-games" up there, jeez.
Poor AC is slowing down. :(

I´m not into the "non-game" debate. Just saying that apart of Yangus and Mother the other 8 games are not anything I can get excited for.

Oblivion

Gaijin To Ronin said:
I´m not into the "non-game" debate. Just saying that apart of Yangus and Mother the other 8 games are not anything I can get excited for.

Oh, pardon me then.

littlewig

Banned
I doubt the people who are buying Mother 3 or Dragon Quest are also buying Brain Training.

Face it, the industry brought this upon itself. They burnt out the players by releasing the same crap over and over again.

The market better thank Nintendo for reaching out to a new crowd. These non games are appealing to a audience that has crap load of cash that will buy titles that can be made in months. Without those titles, things would be much worse.

Could you imagine a top 10 with the bottom 5 selling worse than 10K?

FredFish said:
What happened to Mother 3? 290,000 its debut last week plummets to 14K?

everyone else looking forward to the game had a stroke when they heard it was REALLY coming out.

but seriously, i think you're just forgetting that not EVERY game can have DS legs, even in Japan. Honestly, I'm surprised it has as good of legs as it does.

based on these japanese sales threads, you can tell that customers there wanted to try something different from what they're used to.

so why didn't they all buy an Xbox? haha

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah I suppose littlewig has a point. Every Japanese developer was bitching that the market over there is shrinking, and sure enough it has.. but when's the last time we saw four consistent million sellers in the top 10 list over there?

Acosta

I doubt the people who are buying Mother 3 or Dragon Quest are also buying Brain Training.

Face it, the industry brought this upon itself. They burnt out the players by releasing the same crap over and over again.

Time to rethink and maybe time for industry to step into longer development process and highest production values. Too many games maybe? Or maybe the opposite: lighter approach that allow more experimentation. If Anime could recover creativity force so should do games.

Kudos for Nintendo to opening new markets, but I don´t want Brain Training to replace the type of games I love.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Time to rethink and maybe time for industry to step into longer development process and highest production values. Too many games maybe? Or maybe the opposite, lighter approach that allow more experimentation. If Anime could recover creativity force so should do games.

Kudos for Nintendo to opening new markets, but I don´t want Brain Training to replace the type of games I love.

they wont.

mj1108

Looks like everything is down this week....

Since this chart is for last week during E3, it would be funny if 360 sales increased.

Acosta

traditional games won't be replaced by BT type games. We're just going to see both from now on.

Well, I hope so...

But seeing Okami doing crap numbers while Brain Training does 4,300,000 units! strikes my soul.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:

Welcome to the million-seller family. :) Now make Nintendo bring Japanese Training to the U.S. I need to be able to read the SNES Fire Emblems, when I download them on the Virtual Console. ;)

cvxfreak said:

Japan is becoming more like the "pay-only" NPD every year. :(

Jiggy

Gaijin To Ronin said:
But it´s normal that almost no game of that list produce me any tipe of excitement or urge to buy?
I feel that way the vast majority of the time I see sales charts for the US, UK, France, Australia, or Japan.

Edit:
Gaijin To Ronin said:
Well, I hope so...

But seeing Okami doing crap numbers while Brain Training does 4,300,000 units! strikes my soul.
Situation isn't much different anywhere else. Although at least Brain Training is a good game for what it's intended to be whereas in the US you get things like Fifty Cent: Bulletproof or Pokemon Dash tearing up the charts while Drill Dozer bombs.

:(

Oblivion

Gaijin To Ronin said:

If it makes you feel any better, Okami would have done crap numbers anyway.

Norse said:
do they even sell games for the psp any more?

Yes. Monster Kingdom became the Pokemon killer like many expected and Valkyrie Profile killed Children of Mana in sales as many people predicted.

Seriously though, they are still making games for PSP but the games for some strange reason just aren't selling as well as they should be. It's disappointing when quality games like Monster Kingdom and Suikoden 1+2 have sold under 20,000 copies.

Acosta

Shouldn´t be that way :(

It´s not like Okami is something derivative or the "same thing you have played 100 times". Once of the reasons I love videogames if for seeing games like that.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
Shouldn´t be that way :(

It´s not like Okami is something derivative or the "same thing you have played 100 times". Once of the reasons I love videogames if for seeing games like that.

For the same reason Phoenix Wright bombed in America? Jeez, not every great game does great sales.

Top Bottom