• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Aug 3 - 9, 2009

test_account

XP-39C²
Tenbatsu said:
I meant the over of the free 20 days trial campaign. Sorry:(
Ah ok, so the people who buys Monster Hunter 3 today (and in the time to come) wont get 20 days of free online play in MH3?

EDIT: Or as JoshuaJSlone said above me, was the 1 month MH3 free online play (or is it 20 days of free online play?) campaign lasting for 20 days?

markatisu

test_account said:
Ah ok, so the people who buys Monster Hunter 3 today (and in the time to come) wont get 20 days of free online play in MH3?

No I think he is saying there are certain online quests you either have to have the game a certain amount of time or reach a certain level

I know this is true for the Famitsu Quest that is coming up, you have to be a LVL18 to partake online in it.

Everyone who buys the game till they stop the servers should get about 3 weeks online trial for free. There is no time limit requirement or certain edition requirement

Its all tied to your Wii Ship Account, you do not have a MH3 license and you get the free trial is how its been told to me and all the instructions I have seen

test_account

XP-39C²
markatisu said:
No I think he is saying there are certain online quests you either have to have the game a certain amount of time or reach a certain level

I know this is true for the Famitsu Quest that is coming up, you have to be a LVL18 to partake online in it.
Ah ok, i havnt really read too much up on MH3, so i didnt know that there were some certain/special online quests (like the Famitsu Quest that you mentioned) in the game. I thought that the online play was pretty much like the single player campaign, but that you could play the single player campaign with upto 4 player co-op instead. But this quest stuff sounds pretty cool i must say :) Do you have any link to more info regarding this Famitsu Quest? I would like to read more about what it is.

markatisu said:
Everyone who buys the game till they stop the servers should get about 3 weeks online trial for free. There is no time limit requirement or certain edition requirement

Its all tied to your Wii Ship Account, you do not have a MH3 license and you get the free trial is how its been told to me and all the instructions I have seen
Ok, that is cool to hear, thanks for the info! :)

Is it 3 weeks or 1 month free online play by the way? I guess that it is 3 weeks when you say it, but i mean that i have heard 1 month as well, so i just wanted to ask to be 100% sure if it is 3 weeks or 1 month of free online play in MH3.

Datschge

markatisu said:
Seems odd that Capcom didn't try to limit the value of used sales by having just one free trial per SKU. I guess they expect more income through online fees this way?

markatisu

test_account said:
Ah ok, i havnt really read too much up on MH3, so i didnt know that there were some certain/special online quests (like the Famitsu Quest that you mentioned) in the game. I thought that the online play was pretty much like the single player campaign, but that you could play the single player campaign with upto 4 player co-op instead. But this quest stuff sounds pretty cool i must say :) Do you have any link to more info regarding this Famitsu Quest? I would like to read more about what it is.

No the online portion of the game is different quests all together (or variations of the single player quests), its kinda like having 2 games in one package.

You can read about the Famitsu Quest here

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/18/famitsu_sword/

To create this weapon, you'll have to collect some specific materials in the recent Wii hit. These materials can be found in the Famitsu Clash of the Big Axes and Spears quest, which, as detailed earlier in the month, will be available from August 19 through August 26.

You'll have to be at hunter rank 18 or up in order to take part in the quest. This might be difficult for most players, according to the Famitsu.com article which introduced the weapon today. For those who don't make it in time, the quest will be offered in the future as well. A schedule can be seen in the Famitsu article. The article also has screenshots of the weapon in action.

2132388665_view.jpg

Ok, that is cool to hear, thanks for the info! :)

Is it 3 weeks or 1 month free online play by the way? I guess that it is 3 weeks when you say it, but i mean that i have heard 1 month as well, so i just wanted to ask to be 100% sure if it is 3 weeks or 1 month of free online play in MH3.

I thought it was one month but everyone keeps telling me its 20-21 days (If I remember properly I think MHG Wii also had a 21 day free trial), not having went online with my copy I cannot tell (also since I do not read JP its a bit hard to decipher).

Most of the people I know who have went online just opted to buy the month package anyway, so the free time obviously was not a selling point for them.

Grampasso

I was wondering... do you think it will ever happen an open world MH? With some adjustment it could work, they should just set up a story. I don't mean a complete change, just something like a story mode alongside the usual gameplay.

markatisu

Grampasso said:
I was wondering... do you think it will ever happen an open world MH? With some adjustment it could work, they should just set up a story. I don't mean a complete change, just something like a story mode alongside the usual gameplay.

I do not think that would work, the trick for MH is the endless or lengthy amount of quests. To build a story around that would be quite tedious

Nobody really cares about stories when playing MH, they do it for the grinding and building of weapons

mujun

Segata Sanshiro said:
Will I ever stop cutting myself over the fact that I have to share atmosphere with so many idiots? No, I've hit an age where I realize I probably won't.

Learn to let it all go.

Tenbatsu

test_account said:

EDIT: Or as JoshuaJSlone said above me, was the 1 month MH3 free online play (or is it 20 days of free online play?) campaign lasting for 20 days?
Yes you can. I dont think the FREE trial is tied to disk, but rather your Wii JP Shop channel. So unless the FREE 20 days trial campaign is over, which am not sure how long it will last, you should be able to get the FREE trial even if you buy a used copy. Btw it is 20 days free not 21.

More info here:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/3/index.html

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
So with DQIX seeming to spark the DS side of local multiplayer play, is it time to try a DS Monster Hunter game?

I'm pretty sure Capcom's considered it already. :lol

But I'm sure porting to PSP is easier than conjuring up a new DS entry.

mbnmac

Neo Member
We might see the PS3 star breaking the 20-30k a week regularly again!

I think at this point, Nintendo have to very carefully consider their options, provided the PS3 slim does take off

Why are they changing the fucking box art template? God I hate that. Just you wait, the spines aren't shown, but the old ones had a red PS3 in spiderman font which I'm sure they are changing too. So awesome....

The rest sounds like they can't bleed more money, a pricedrop for the old fat PS3 doesn't seem to be happening in Japan, the Gundam PS3 bundle costs more than buying them separately (50Y).

Gran Turismo PSP moved to October 1st, alongside Minna no Sukkiri. Special PSP-3000 and GTPSP UMD bundle too. Given they are using their two biggest franchises, you would think its the perfect day to launch the PSP Go. Meeec. PSP Go is still November 1st, alongside Persona 3 Portable though.

Although to be honest, who the fuck cares what games come out, whoever buys a Go won't buy anything else for PSP at any retailer. I still wonder why would retailers sell a system that will prevent the consumer from spending any more money on them.

cvxfreak

For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of people in Japanese game shops buy Nintendo Points after MH3 hit. I think retailers will bank on having consumers buy PSN cards at the stores. For their sake, I hope they do.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I still wonder why would retailers sell a system that will prevent the consumer from spending any more money on them.

They will sell it out of courtesy to Sony, and carry it like they carry any other accessory or product. But I guarantee that retailers worldwide will not be pushing the PSP Go in any store. No sane retailer will be interested in actively pushing a product which will not result in any concurrent or return business for games. I can't imagine many people in Japan even bothering to get a system which will not run any game off the shelf either. It's stupid because you lose the benefit of buying used games, you lose the benefit of preorder bonuses and discounts, and you need a wifi connection/router with broadband to download sizable games into the PSP Go. It's dead in the water before it launches imo.

Jonnyram

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Why are they changing the fucking box art template? God I hate that. Just you wait, the spines aren't shown, but the old ones had a red PS3 in spiderman font which I'm sure they are changing too. So awesome....
That part was horrendous though... maybe you can just scan in your existing covers, and put them in new templates :p

Jonnyram said:
That part was horrendous though... maybe you can just scan in your existing covers, and put them in new templates :p
It was, but I also find the new one to be pretty bad. And the spine looks to be fucked up too. Like Europe didn't have enough with some games getting the japanese style (black game title with white background) and some others getting the american one (colored artworks). Now different spines and non-colored PS symbols and different heights and PSN non-removable round stamps and freaking colored PEGI ratings (thank you so much PEGI ¬¬).

Big fuck them all :/

It could always be worse, at least I don't live in USK-territory I know.

test_account

XP-39C²
markatisu said:
No the online portion of the game is different quests all together (or variations of the single player quests), its kinda like having 2 games in one package.

You can read about the Famitsu Quest here

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/18/famitsu_sword/
That sounds pretty cool i must say! :) Thanks for the link! :)

markatisu said:
I thought it was one month but everyone keeps telling me its 20-21 days (If I remember properly I think MHG Wii also had a 21 day free trial), not having went online with my copy I cannot tell (also since I do not read JP its a bit hard to decipher).
Ok, i guess that it is 20-21 days :)

markatisu said:
Most of the people I know who have went online just opted to buy the month package anyway, so the free time obviously was not a selling point for them.
Ah ok. Ye, 1 month of online play is like 800 Wii points (about 8 US dollars) or something, right? That is a good acceptable price in my opinion at least.

Tenbatsu said:
Yes you can. I dont think the FREE trial is tied to disk, but rather your Wii JP Shop channel. So unless the FREE 20 days trial campaign is over, which am not sure how long it will last, you should be able to get the FREE trial even if you buy a used copy. Btw it is 20 days free not 21.
Ah ok, that is cool to hear, thanks for the info! :) Ok, i think that 20 days of free online play seems like a good period of time that people can try out the online part in MH3 for free and to see how the online part is :)

Tenbatsu said:
Thanks for the link! :) I wish that i could read more japanese than what i can (which isnt really that much) :\

EDIT:

the thoroughbred said:
Is there an orignal without sp0rsk?
Ye, here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16927179&postcount=48

For some reason i thought that cvxfreak was the guy with the beard in those 3 pictures. I guess that i have missread something, sorry, but i now see that cvxfreak is the guy in the middle picture :)

Road

No numbers yet, but according to Shinobi (and if I'm reading it right), Tomodachi Collection sold 126k this week. An increase from the 89k of last week.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Road said:
No numbers yet, but according to Shinobi (and if I'm reading it right), Tomodachi Collection sold 126k this week. An increase from the 89k of last week.

This is kinda scary :lol

Road said:

Would the numbers not come out due to Obon? Seems like Obon will have a nice increase for games like WSR and Tomodachi. Hopefully it helps out Monster Hunter too.

Road

Stopsign said:
Would the numbers not come out due to Obon? Seems like Obon will have a nice increase for games like WSR and Tomodachi. Hopefully it helps out Monster Hunter too.
Not sure about Famitsu's policies, but it seems like this holiday has helped the market more than Golden Week.

Or at least it has helped Nintendo.

test_account said:
I think that "obonicus" has a point though, since "if all goes well" can probably be defined in several of ways. To take one example, if Sony says "if all goes well, we belive that we will sell 3 million PS3 consoles in 2010 in Japan". If Sony ends up only selling 1 million PS3 consoles in 2010 in Japan, then they might say "we did say "if all goes well", but all didnt go well". I dont mean to compare this example to any of Capcom's predictions regaridng Monster Hunter 3 just to underline that. I just wanted to mention this example to show that adding "if all goes well" to a sentence might make the sentence more vague than just saying "we belive". I guess that it depends a bit on how "if all goes well" is defined.

But ye, i agree that Capcom's answer regarding what they said about their Monster Hunter 3 prediction sales to be a standard/good PR answer, and that there isnt really too much more that Capcom can say about how the MH3 sales will be, since they dont really know too much more than we do as you said, i agree :)
I was just saying his pointing something out that I already acknowledged.

Road said:
No numbers yet, but according to Shinobi (and if I'm reading it right), Tomodachi Collection sold 126k this week. An increase from the 90k of last week.
Holy crap, 2M+ LTD confirmed?

Stopsign said:
Oh wait forgot about obon, oh well its still impressive legs nonetheless since it's been increasing for a few weeks now.

Jonnyram

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Like Europe didn't have enough with some games getting the japanese style (black game title with white background) and some others getting the american one (colored artworks).
Japan has been like that since the mid-PS2 era, in particular SCE games have had the colour treatment for quite some time. It's very annoying when companies just do the bog standard spines :/ RR7 is the only PS3 game I have like that, actually.

ksamedi

BishopLamont said:
I was just saying his pointing something out that I already acknowledged.

Holy crap, 2M+ LTD confirmed?

At this point I do think its a 2M+ seller. the title seems to be a hit with the big crowd and the more people have it, the more it can spread. Its shows Brain age and Animal crossing type legs I guess.

cvxfreak

1. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection
2. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX
3. [WII] Wii Sports Resort
4. [WII] Monster Hunter 3
5. [PS2] SD Gundam G Generation Wars
6. [PSP] Tales of Vs.
7. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7
8. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd
9. [NDS] Tingle's Love Balloon Trip
10. [NDS] Blood of Bahamut

My hunch on Wii Sports Resort was right, and Famitsu says sales dramatically increased. Shouldn't this week have high sales numbers due to the holiday?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
test_account said:
Monster Hunter 3 at number 4 and Tomodachi Collection at number 1. Does that mean that the MH3 numbers are around 50-70k this week?

Could be higher. DQ IX and WSR might be around 90-100K.

Jaruru

cvxfreak said:
1. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection
2. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX
3. [WII] Wii Sports Resort
4. [WII] Monster Hunter 3
6. [PSP] Tales of Vs.
7. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7

My hunch on Wii Sports Resort was right. Shouldn't this week have high sales numbers due to the holiday?

Tomodachi Collection continues to sell well based on the positive reviews I guess.

GO MONSTER HUNTER~

Road

cvxfreak said:
1. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection - 126,000 / 699,000
2. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX - 121,000 / 3,618,000
3. [WII] Wii Sports Resort - 108,000 / 971,000
4. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 - 72,000 / 793,000
6. [PSP] Tales of Vs.
7. [NDS] Puyo Puyo 7

My hunch on Wii Sports Resort was right. Shouldn't this week have high sales numbers due to the holiday?

schuelma said:
Could be higher. DQ IX and WSR might be around 90-100K.

I think we're probably looking at around a 75k-80k week for a 45-50% drop-off from last week's figures.

EDIT:

...and I'm right :lol

The million looks within reach if it has a little legginess, but I doubt we'll be seeing a second shipment of any great size.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jaruru said:
pretty safe to say MH3 will reach a million :D

I wouldn't go that far- numbers were probably inflated because of the holiday. It could make it, but if it does it will probably be off the chart growth, i.e we will see it at a random top 10 Wii LTD update or something like that. I don't see it making a million by staying in the top 30.

Top Bottom