• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Aug 3 - 9, 2009

spwolf

Segata Sanshiro said:
As I said, a little birdie told me. I was already torn because I think the Slim is ugly as sin, but that info tipped me to the fat side, in spite of losing 40 GB and being more of a pain to bring back to Canada when I finally leave here.

I've had too much bad luck with system failures this gen. I'm not prepared to accept another one.

you mean that n4g post? i found in interesting too...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tomodachi Collection is BEASTING

Also, I feel bad for any RPG that has yet to be released this year.
DQ9 is not going to slow down any time soon.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Is there any reason Tomodachi is rising so much? New ad campaign? Store deals? Or is its word of mouth just that crazy?

And I dont mean just this week, I mean for the last several weeks.

Busaiku said:
Puyo Puyo titles always have good legs.
Most of the titles this gen had never once appeared on the top 30, however, they've always made it into at least the top 500.
The DS rerelease of Puyo Puyo launched with 4.4k, but went on to do 81k.

True. It's been awhile since a Puyo game did blockbuster sales though.

markatisu

Flying_Phoenix said:
Man this games gonna be the next Decca Sports 2.

Did Deca Sports 2 ever sell its 80k shipment? I know it stayed on the Top 30 for a really long time after its super lowball 1st week

DSL 6300
DSi 86000

^^^Damn what a beast.

Wii 46000

^^^ "Rabble Rabble Rabble Big 3rd Party Games won't have any effects on Nintendo's systems, rabble rabble rabble."

PS3 7800
360 7400

^^^Wow at 360's progress, :lol at PS3's fall.

markatisu said:
Did Deca Sports 2 ever sell its 80k shipment? I know it stayed on the Top 30 for a really long time after its super lowball 1st week

I'm not sure.

Busaiku said:
Blood of Bahamut has a pretty good second week.
Was it a massive price collapse or good word of mouth?

Word of mouth probably due to the fact that it's a great game by a great and highly talented developer.

Flying_Phoenix said:
DSL 6300
DSi 86000

^^^Damn what a beast.

Wii 46000

^^^ "Rabble Rabble Rabble Big 3rd Party Games won't have any effects on Nintendo's systems, rabble rabble rabble."

PS3 7800
360 7400

I'm not sure.

Word of mouth probably due to the fact that it's a great game by a great and highly talented developer.

Sadly next week will be a different story

PS3 probably will be tearing up charts for a while

Bleh, hard being a jp 360 supporter now, even tho I don't live in Jp

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ogrekiller said:

Did Sony kill your dog or something?

reilo said:
Did Sony kill your dog or something?

As a matter of fact my wall mounted Sony TV fell off due to a faulty hinge and crushed my 3 month old puppy

I don't own a puppy, I'm a 360 supporter, that's all.

Jonnyram

sprsk said:
Also, I feel bad for any RPG that has yet to be released this year.
DQ9 is not going to slow down any time soon.
I'm wondering what's gonna happen when Pokemon comes out. I see a LOT of kids playing DQ. Maybe Pokemon will have a slower start than usual while DQIX is still "in season".

Xeke

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I'm wondering what's gonna happen when Pokemon comes out. I see a LOT of kids playing DQ. Maybe Pokemon will have a slower start than usual while DQIX is still "in season".

Or maybe because people are using their DS's often people will buy it faster, causing a DQ slingshot effect into the sun.

Or not.

jett said:
I bet the pricecut barely makes a difference next week.
It will make a big difference in spurring sales, but not one that will take it ahead of, say, the Wii. After the initial frenzy, we'll see sales settle back down to something comparable to pre-price-cut levels, but I think the key difference is that big software releases will spur hardware sales to greater heights (i.e. bumps will be bigger from here on in).

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:

But it's also possible for Pokemon to impede on DQIX's potential legs.

Either way, one system getting major installments of two top, established franchises within about two months of each other is pretty unprecedented. Makes me wonder what Nintendo has planned for the end of the year, which seems more Wii-focused at the moment.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
Makes me wonder what Nintendo has planned for the end of the year, which seems more Wii-focused at the moment.

Wii Fit Plus - 10/1
NSMB Wii - 11/x

I'm thinking Galaxy 2 could be Spring, Metroid: Other M in August, and Zelda delayed to 2011. Pikmin 3 in Fall, then?

RpgN

Busaiku said:
Blood of Bahamut has a pretty good second week.
Was it a massive price collapse or good word of mouth?

I think it has more to do with the massive price collapse :(

Elios83

jett said:
I bet the pricecut barely makes a difference next week.

There isn't any price cut in Japan and supply is really low.
Hence PS3 sales could/should go even lower than they currently are until the first week of September. Then we'll see what happens.

Leonsito

ivedoneyourmom said:
PS3 was probably so low this week because people in the know were waiting to hear back from gamescom.

Yeah, they were waiting for a couple of months now.

Why are 360 sales rising?

test_account

XP-39C²
Segata Sanshiro said:
As I said, a little birdie told me. I was already torn because I think the Slim is ugly as sin, but that info tipped me to the fat side, in spite of losing 40 GB and being more of a pain to bring back to Canada when I finally leave here.

I've had too much bad luck with system failures this gen. I'm not prepared to accept another one.
Serious? How can anyone (except for Sony) have tested the the PS3 Slim enough by now to know if the Bluray player is worse, unless that it is something that gets noticed at once you start to use the PS3 Slim? But how is the Bluray player worse?

But ye, i also like the design on the PS3 Phat better than the PS3 Slim (i havnt seen the PS3 Slim personally though, so maybe i like the design better if i see the PS3 Slim in person, but i have seen some pictures of it at least).

Segata Sanshiro said:
Pity to hear that :( But the PS3 Slim might be a reliable console when it comes to not getting hardware problems. I guess that we will see how many reports that comes in from people who have had hardware problems with the PS3 Slim within the weeks and/or months after the PS3 Slim gets released :)

Flying_Phoenix said:
PS3 7800
360 7400

What PS3 fall? The PS3 sales increased this week compared to last week (last week the PS3 sold 6300 consoles (Famitsu numbers)) :) I guess that you mean the fall in general over the last couple of months/years or so though, but i just wanted to mention that the PS3 did increase in sales this week, eventhough that the increase is rather small :) And ye, the Xbox 360 sales are good this week (at least compared to how the Xbox 360 weekly sales were like 2 years ago or so), i agree :)

Ogrekiller said:

Why is it sadly that next week will be a different story? And why is it hard to be a jp 360 supporter now? Isnt it possible to support more than just one gaming system, if that is what you mean? :)

EDIT: I added some text.

markatisu said:
Dropped out of the Top 30 at 50K. That was two months ago so maybe it's in the 60-70K range by now.
3502+-+Deca+Sporta+2%3A+Wii+de+Sports+10+Shumoku%21+-+Wii

Top Bottom