• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: August 16-22

V_Arnold

schuelma said:
since when did we ever get full disclosure of capcoms development process in the first place

If they had any big game for this winter or next spring, they would have announced it already. Last possible time for that is TGS, so we will know soon.

farnham said:
3DS is a different situation as i said. it is a nintendo handheld and that has never failed to be dominant.

...which has nothing to do with my point about them including third parties at an earlier hardware development stage. I'm talking about them sacrificing some secrecy (likely hence the early reveal of the 3D screen) in favour of involving other companies at an early stage.

Its not like there is no way for SFIV to appear on the wii. that game exists on the iphone and the 3DS. its that third parties just dont care to port it over.

Aaaargh! They don't care because it means setting up a sizeable new team (or assigning one from elsewhere) just to develop a port for the system, because of its awkward, non-standard hardware setup - hence my point about the 3DS having industry-standard features, allowing quick and straightforward transfers of games third parties have developed for the PC/360/PS3!

farnham

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
...which has nothing to do with my point about them including third parties at an earlier hardware development stage. I'm talking about them sacrificing some secrecy (likely hence the early reveal of the 3D screen) in favour of involving other companies at an early stage.

Its like this .
3DS -> surefire hit because there is no competition.
Next console -> a lot of competition.

One of the key reasons why the wii was so successful was that ps3 and 360 did not have a similar motion control system until just now. They had the motion control gaming market dominance for the entire generation so now its irrelevant. If PS3 or 360 had a wii esque peripheral in the early days of the generation things would have been way different.

Cosmonaut X said:
Aaaargh! They don't care because it means setting up a sizeable new team (or assigning one from elsewhere) just to develop a port for the system, because of its awkward, non-standard hardware setup - hence my point about the 3DS having industry-standard features, allowing quick and straightforward transfers of games third parties have developed for the PC/360/PS3!
The wii has the same architecture as the Gamecube. That one had a lot of middleware working on it like renderware. Also there were quite a few gamecube development teams that existed. Doesnt look like those people are being used though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
farnham said:
The wii has the same architecture as the Gamecube. That one had a lot of middleware working on it like renderware. Also there were quite a few gamecube development teams that existed. Doesnt look like those people are being used though.

Renderware doesn't exist anymore and Nintendo directly and specifically exiled the teams that we commonly associate with being GameCube tech gurus.

farnham said:

Yes, and all those people were reassigned and retrained on the kind of tech now being used across the rest of the industry. The only teams with real active experience and the pressure to work to the limits of the system are Nintendo's own and the very few dedicated teams that some of the larger publishers have.

The benefit of having industry-standard graphics tech and being able to share assets with other platforms can't be understated.

Mrbob

duckroll said:
Okay, that huge boost still puts it significantly behind MGS3. What's your point? :lol

Well the biggest difference at this point seems to be the MGS3 Subsistence release which MGS4 never received an equivalent.

The interesting part about MGS4 having a much bigger number in its "Best" release looks to be new PS3 owners are picking up the game. So maybe these "B" titles are having a more positive long term effect on the "A" titles.

farnham

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Renderware doesn't exist anymore and Nintendo directly and specifically exiled the teams that we commonly associate with being GameCube tech gurus.
i dont really understand what you mean with this. could you specify ?

Cosmonaut X said:
Yes, and all those people were reassigned and retrained on the kind of tech now being used across the rest of the industry. The only teams with real active experience and the pressure to work to the limits of the system are Nintendo's own and the very few dedicated teams that some of the larger publishers have.

The benefit of having industry-standard graphics tech and being able to share assets with other platforms can't be understated.

yes because the third parties never cared and never will. do you think it would have been different if the wii used the common standard hardware architecture ? ill go ahead and say no. why ? because the other reasons why they dont work ont he wii will remain (motion control programming, nintendo as a competitor) also the wii wouldnt have sold as well if they would have chosen to get better hardware due to the higher launch price or the later launch date.

farnham said:
yes because the third parties never cared and never will. do you think it would have been different if the wii used the common standard hardware architecture ? ill go ahead and say no. why ? because the other reasons why they dont work ont he wii will remain (motion control programming, nintendo as a competitor) also the wii wouldnt have sold as well if they would have chosen to get better hardware due to the higher launch price or the later launch date.

Oh, for God's sake. There's no point in continuing this discussion because your answer to everything is going to be "well, do you think third parties would have changed their ways? No! They would have snubbed the Wii anyway - the only answer is for Nintendo to become MORE self-sufficient!".

There is plenty of blame to pass on to third parties with regard to their approach to the Wii without discounting some of the very real issues that led them to behave in that way.

I can only hope Nintendo have less of a siege mentality...

farnham

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
Oh, for God's sake. There's no point in continuing this discussion because your answer to everything is going to be "well, do you think third parties would have changed their ways? No! They would have snubbed the Wii anyway - the only answer is for Nintendo to become MORE self-sufficient!".

There is plenty of blame to pass on to third parties with regard to their approach to the Wii without discounting some of the very real issues that led them to behave in that way.

I can only hope Nintendo have less of a siege mentality...
The basic strategy of sony and ms are to pursue third parties. especially in case of MS they even have shrunk their own first party studios down. The basic strategy of nintendo is to sell their first party software while making unique hardware. its just not a strategy that mixes well with the third parties. They tried to abandon that mantra once and that didnt work out at all. it was disastrous and did not help nintendo software as a whole.

I dont blame the third parties. They are doing the best they can on other platforms. Just not the wii because quite frankly they would only sell sub 100k anyway.

[Nintex]

farnham said:
Also there were quite a few gamecube development teams that existed.
A 'few' yes, but those are almost all gone outside of the Nintendo's first party stable:
Factor 5 > bankrupt
Acclaim > bankrupt, blamed lackluster GameCube software sales
Rare > Sold for a whooping $375 million
Silicon Knights > Too Human (360) > lol
Amusement Vision > merged with SEGA R&D to work on Yakuza series
n-Space > Dumped by Nintendo, did a bunch of DS ports of COD
Camelot Software Planning > restructured, small team currently working on Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Hudson Soft > Mario Party team now at NdCube
Swingin' Ape Studios > Taken over by Blizzard, merged shut down whatever
Free Radical Design > bought by Crytek
Clover Studio > Platinum Games
Mikami's Capcom Production Studio 4 > Jun Takeuchi's high-definition orange weakspot port factory deluxe

Other teams at Midway, EA, Ubisoft and other developers got scrapped/sacked/replaced/restructured. There's also a bunch of franchises like Tales that totally bombed on Wii and I doubt we'll ever see any Wii development from those teams ever again. Krome is on its last legs, Headstrong Games nearly bit the dust and we might be able to add High-Voltage Software to the 'bankrupt' list soon.

farnham

Banned
[Nintex] said:
A 'few' yes, but those are almost all gone outside of the Nintendo's first party stable:
Factor 5 > bankrupt
Acclaim > bankrupt, blamed lackluster GameCube software sales
Rare > Sold for a whooping $375 million
Silicon Knights > Too Human (360) > lol
Amusement Vision > merged with SEGA R&D to work on Yakuza series
n-Space > Dumped by Nintendo, did a bunch of DS ports of COD
Camelot Software Planning > restructured, small team currently working on Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Hudson Soft > Mario Party team now at NdCube
Swingin' Ape Studios > Taken over by Blizzard, merged shut down whatever
Free Radical Design > bought by Crytek
Clover Studio > Platinum Games
Mikami's Capcom Production Studio 4 > Jun Takeuchi's high-definition orange weakspot port factory deluxe

Other teams at Midway, EA, Ubisoft and other developers got scrapped/sacked/replaced/restructured. There's also a bunch of franchises like Tales that totally bombed on Wii and I doubt we'll ever see any Wii development from those teams ever again. Krome is on its last legs, Headstrong Games nearly bit the dust and we might be able to add High-Voltage Software to the 'bankrupt' list soon.

nspace, swinging ape, free radical, capcom production studio 4 (they did not do the re4 wii port right ?), acclaim, factor 5, rare, silicon knights -> never made wii games in the first place

platinum -> made madworld which bombed hard
camelot -> choose not to make mario golf, mario tennis but made some pc golf game and a wii version of that instead. both bombed hard. i believe mario power tennis wii edition sold better then those two golf games combined
amusement vision -> made monkeyball which was a sales success as far as i know. never looked back
Hudson -> as you said they are at ND cube now. wii party will soon hit a million. mario party 8 was a multi million success
Tales -> obviously they will never look at DS or Wii again.

Baki

duckroll said:
Yes, but I'm just pointing out that any boost MGS4 gets from a budget re-release is nullified by the fact that previous MGS games all had re-releases and budget re-releases as well!

I'm still right. :p Suck on it Ducky.

wizword

Banned
That list is rather absurd. Square soft, Kojima, etc have all started on nintendo consoles. That has more to do with the risk of boutique developers obtaining publishing rights after failed products. Videogames is a very risky business

[Nintex]

farnham said:
nspace, swinging ape, free radical, capcom production studio 4 (they did not do the re4 wii port right ?), acclaim, factor 5, rare, silicon knights -> never made wii games in the first place

platinum -> made madworld which bombed hard
camelot -> choose not to make mario golf, mario tennis but made some pc golf game and a wii version of that instead. both bombed hard. i believe mario power tennis wii edition sold better then those two golf games combined
amusement vision -> made monkeyball which was a sales success as far as i know. never looked back
Hudson -> as you said they are at ND cube now. wii party will soon hit a million. mario party 8 was a multi million success
Tales -> obviously they will never look at DS or Wii again.
And that's pretty much my point, god bless Warren Spector and Junction Point because I think that is the best Wii developer outside Nintendo now or at least the most dedicated one. The rest of the teams are MIA, bankrupt, never made it out of the GameCube generation or got burned bad by releasing games on Wii.

No one is able to take advantage of the fact that the Wii is a remastered GameCube, the Wii architecture is a dead end and that's why there's no interest to develop games on it. In order to change this Nintendo has no choice but to release a new system.

wizword said:
That list is rather absurd. Square soft, Kojima, etc have all started on nintendo consoles. That has more to do with the risk of boutique developers obtaining publishing rights after failed products. Videogames is a very risky business
That's just a list of the 'imaginary' GameCube developers that people like to throw around. The argument that comes up alot is that the Wii is just like the Cube, so the hundreds of GameCube developers sitting on the fence could bombard the system with games, the problem is that there aren't any.

The basic strategy of sony and ms are to pursue third parties. especially in case of MS they even have shrunk their own first party studios down.
That's not the basic strategy, in fact MS is rumored to be really fucking pissed at one of their first party studios right now.

farnham

Banned
[Nintex] said:
And that's pretty much my point, god bless Warren Spector and Junction Point because I think that is the best Wii developer outside Nintendo now or at least the most dedicated one. The rest of the teams are MIA, bankrupt, never made it out of the GameCube generation or got burned bad by releasing games on Wii.
i dread that he wont see much success either though. epic mickey looks good but if it doesnt connect with the casual crowd it will bomb.

[Nintex] said:
No one is able to take advantage of the fact that the Wii is a remastered GameCube, the Wii architecture is a dead end and that's why there's no interest to develop games on it. In order to change this Nintendo has no choice but to release a new system.

yeah. they would loose their whole userbase they just established and can hope that the third parties will be merciful and treat it like gamecube 2.

[Nintex] said:
That's just a list of the 'imaginary' GameCube developers that people like to throw around. The argument that comes up alot is that the Wii is just like the Cube, so the hundreds of GameCube developers sitting on the fence could bombard the system with games, the problem is that there aren't any.

There were people that made games on the gamecube. the companies died but the people still exist. there is just no interest whatsoever to gather those people and make something interesting on the wii.

[Nintex] said:
That's not the basic strategy, in fact MS is rumored to be really fucking pissed at one of their first party studios right now.

ironically we are never talking about the failings of MS or Sony nowadays (maybe its just me)

but yeah i dont think they had golden generation either.

farnham said:
The wii has the same architecture as the Gamecube.

Yes, the same crappy, obtuse architecture that made the Gamecube lose even multiplatform ports at the end of its life and which is completely incompatible with literally 100% of modern development practices. :lol

It's pretty clear that your position here is based more on what you decided would be preferable (Nintendo telling those mean grapes that they were sour all along) rather than actually examining the evidence available regarding the situation.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
V_Arnold said:
If they had any big game for this winter or next spring, they would have announced it already. Last possible time for that is TGS, so we will know soon.
We know Capcom's output for this FY. If anything big is announced for any console it will be out after March.

wizword

Banned
The reason we don't talk about xbox 360 or playstation 3 is because unlike the wii their 3rd party software numbers are higher than wii even though wii has twice as large userbase. Nintendo should have a much larger presence when the wii has been barely outselling ps3 in both sw and hw in japan this year. iPhone writing here :lol

farnham

Banned
charlequin said:
Yes, the same crappy, obtuse architecture that made the Gamecube lose even multiplatform ports at the end of its life and which is completely incompatible with literally 100% of modern development practices. :lol

It's pretty clear that your position here is based more on what you decided would be preferable (Nintendo telling those mean grapes that they were sour all along) rather than actually examining the evidence available regarding the situation.
the tech problems are probably one aspect of the wii getting no support. but its definately not the sole reason.

wizword said:
The reason we don't talk about xbox 360 or playstation 3 is because unlike the wii their 3rd party software numbers are higher than wii even though wii has twice as large userbase. Nintendo should have a much larger presence when the wii has been barely outselling ps3 in both sw and hw in japan
combined yes. but seperately the 360 or ps3 software sales are not higher then those on the wii. and if you are talking about japanese sales then i doubt that 360 and ps3 software sales combined ever outsold the wii sales.

duckroll said:
farnham, can you take a deep breath and tell yourself it's all okay? I'm worried about you.

obviously its not okay. The wii is in a bad shape. But its not dead either.

NeonZ

yeah. they would loose their whole userbase they just established and can hope that the third parties will be merciful and treat it like gamecube 2.

Your arguments are just contradictory. You say that 3DS's initial third party support only exists due to Nintendo's tradition in the field, yet you act like the current conditions of the gaming market don't matter at all to next gen.

If Nintendo just drags on with the Wii, even you know that it's position in the market place and the consumers view about its brand only will become worse and worse. That's already happening and THAT will impact negatively initial support for that successor. Nintendo will have a GameCube 2 in their hands for next gen IF they wait yours 3 or 4 years to release this successor.

Besides that, you also seem to speak under the belief that the Wii was a best case scenario for Nintendo, and that they shouldn't have any ambition to go beyond that because it'd involve "risks". I really disagree. A company following that logic would never have created the Wii in the first place.

farnham said:
the tech problems are probably one aspect of the wii getting no support. but its definately not the sole reason.

Nobody said it was, but frankly, nobody cares either. Everybody here agrees that Wii third party support sucks and is getting suckier, but you're the only person desperately trying to assert that this fact is both immutable and yet simultaneously irrelevant.

duckroll

farnham said:
obviously its not okay. The wii is in a bad shape. But its not dead either.

It's okay that the Wii is bad shape. There are still many good games coming out on other systems. Relax.

farnham

Banned
NeonZ said:
Your arguments are just contradictory. You say that 3DS's initial third party support only exists due to Nintendo's tradition in the field, yet you act like the current conditions of the gaming market don't matter at all to next gen.

If Nintendo just drags on with the Wii, even you know that it's position in the market place and the consumers view about its brand only will become worse and worse. That's already happening and THAT will impact negatively initial support for that successor. Nintendo will have a GameCube 2 in their hands for next gen IF they wait yours 3 or 4 years to release this successor.

You seem to speak under the belief that the Wii was a best case scenario for Nintendo, and that they shouldn't have any ambition to go beyond that because it'd involve "risks". I really disagree. A company following that logic would never have created the Wii in the first place.
If the third parties had a chance to establish themselves on the wii. id say that it could be a good idea to launch a new system with a lot of third parties on board.

but unlike the DS thats just not the case with the wii. there is not a single thirdparty property that sold well and established itself as a wii brand. therefore it will be hard to convince any thirdparty to jump on initially in the first place.

and dragging out isnt necessarily bad. Nintendo makes good software. they could make another casual hit with wii sports 3, wii fit 3, wii party 3 or wii relax and release some games that make fanboys happy. It would be a lot better then leave the wii to die at this stage.

charlequin said:
Nobody said it was, but frankly, nobody cares either. Everybody here agrees that Wii third party support sucks and is getting suckier, but you're the only person desperately trying to assert that this fact is both immutable and yet simultaneously irrelevant.
i think i said that wii thirdparty support is dead or that it never existed in the first place. i dont know if its immutable. nintendo could shift into a company that gets a lot of console thirdparty support. i just dont think its very likely. and if you are talking about the wiis success this gen i believe third parties had little to no role in it.

duckroll said:
It's okay that the Wii is bad shape. There are still many good games coming out on other systems. Relax.
there are good games comming out on any platform i own (psp, ds, wii, 360) and there will be games on the platform that i plan to buy this or next year on launch (3ds). i really dont have any worries that i wont be able to spend money on gaming to be honest.

I don't think they are going to announce Wii games at a Nintendo 3DS press event.

Unless we are talking about Monster Hunter 3G
DS
, which would be the second coming of Jesus.

We are not worth it.
35c2buu.jpg

NeonZ

but unlike the DS thats just not the case with the wii. there is not a single thirdparty property that sold well and established itself as a wii brand. therefore it will be hard to convince any thirdparty to jump on initially in the first place.

Nintendo this time can show that they can get a big enough userbase though. Add to that a superior hardware to what else is available, considering how this system would be released years after the X360 and PS3, and they should be able to gather some initial support.

Yes, for some reason or another, it might not happen even in those conditions, and they might be stuck with a GameCube-like system if their own titles fail to catch on, but you keep acting like the existence of risks mean that it's not a viable choice at all.

and dragging out isnt necessarily bad. Nintendo makes good software. they could make another casual hit with wii sports 3, wii fit 3, wii party 3 or wii relax and release some games that make fanboys happy. It would be a lot better then leave the wii to die at this stage.

Retreads aren't enough to keep the system going at this point. Wii party is a million seller, but it hasn't been able to carry the Wii even as well as the multiple lower selling titles from third parties for the PS3.

I don't see how the third version of older titles or a Wii Relax which recently hasn't even had any focus from Nintendo itself is going to do anything to change that. Even if Wii Relax is still being developed, and it turns out to sell on the level of Wii Party of Sports Resort, that won't be enough by itself. Besides, retreads of older titles that already had Wii versions, some of them two, could damage Nintendo's brand and that would certainly carry on to a Wii successor.

farnham

Banned
NeonZ said:
Nintendo this time can show that they can get a big enough userbase though. Add to that a superior hardware to what else is available, considering how this system would be released years after the X360 and PS3, and they should be able to gather some initial support.

Yes, for some reason or another, it might not happen even in those conditions, and they might be stuck with a GameCube-like system, but you keep acting like the existence of risks mean that it's not a viable choice at all.

It would be a viable choice if nintendo has already finished developing their next "feature". They already said in several interviews that they will have some unique feature this time around just like they did with ds or wii.

NeonZ said:
Retreads aren't enough to keep the system going at this point. Wii party is million seller, but it hasn't been able to carry the Wii even as well as the multiple lower selling titles from third parties for the PS3.

Yes because wii party is like the only game that came out in august and before that we had xenoblade, mario galaxy 2 and then nothing. Their release schedule definately looks very bad and Nintendo knew about this at least 6 month prior.

NeonZ said:
I don't see how the third version of older titles or a Wii Relax which recently hasn't even had any focus from Nintendo itself is going to do anything to change that. Even if Wii Relax is still being developed, and it turns out to sell on the level of Wii Party of Sports Resort, that won't be enough by itself.
Its not even if. Wii relax is being developed. It was confirmed at E3. And yes if the wii has several multi million selling titles that will help to improve the current situation. At least it wont get outsold constantly by the PS3 or even the 360 in japan.

Ofcourse it will probably not reach early wii numbers. they would have to release a completely new hit like brain training or wii sports to achieve that

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
DS slowly and quietly has built again a very strong line-up for the end of the year.

18/09/10 [NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.)
30/09/10 [NDS] Okamiden (Capcom)
07/10/10 [NDS] Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Square Enix)
25/11/10 [NDS] Super Robot Wars L (Bandai Namco)
02/12/10 [NDS] Momotaro Railway: World (Hudson)
09/12/10 [NDS] Ni no Kuni: The Ebony Wizard (Level 5)
xx/12/10 [NDS] Shiren the Wanderer 5: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate (Chunsoft)
xx/xx/10 [NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (Nintendo)
xx/xx/10 [NDS] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem (Nintendo)

iidesuyo

farnham said:
i think i said that wii thirdparty support is dead or that it never existed in the first place.

That's not true, 2007 had quite a lot of decent 3rd Party releases, but most of them failed to sell.

And please don't come up with RE4 again! That's laughable, it was a budget re-release of a game everyone knew was great. Even I bought it, but only because it was so cheap.

Boney

Banned
duckroll said:
Other M comes out in like a week! yay!!

or are we speaking only third party stuff? I'm lttp here.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Chris1964 said:
DS slowly and quietly has built again a very strong line-up for the end of the year.

xx/12/10 [NDS] Shiren the Wanderer 5: Fortune Tower and the Dice of Fate (Chunsoft)

+
09/09/10 [NDS] One Piece - Project Jet ( Bandai Namco)
03/11/10 [NDS] Radiant Historia (Atlus)

Is Konami releasing their Layton clone this year ?

donny2112

farnham said:
nintendo should be ashamed of themselves not making prime 4

While I'd be fine with a Prime 4, it's great to see a new traditional Metroid game. I think this one will do better than 100K LTD. Wiimote-only, 2-D, and good graphics could be making a big impact. Love the comparison to the original 1m+ Metroid in the commercials, too. Bound to pull in a few who remember the original. :p

farnham

Banned
donny2112 said:
While I'd be fine with a Prime 4, it's great to see a new traditional Metroid game. I think this one will do better than 100K LTD. Wiimote-only, 2-D, and good graphics could be making a big impact. Love the comparison to the original 1m+ Metroid in the commercials, too. Bound to pull in a few who remember the original. :p
100k LTD is not really a great accomplisment though

also it looks like western reviewers will trash this game so the western sales might not be good

NeonZ

iidesuyo said:
That's not true, 2007 had quite a lot of decent 3rd Party releases, but most of them failed to sell.

There just weren't many big 3rd party releases back in 2007, that's why there was actually an increase afterwards, with some announcements for 2008 and 2009 in spite of the low sales. There was the possibility of some untapped market having formed there.

Only when the few later games failed to sell satisfactorily to that market, the 3rd party support dropped completely. It was never really good, however, currently, after Sengoku Basara 3, it's almost non existent.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Chris1964 said:

It's like this every year. It's worth repeating that DS & PSP games gets announced far closer to their release dates than their consoles counterparts who are hyped minimum 2 years before their release date.

Solatorobo is coming out as well in October.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
farnham said:

also it looks like western reviewers will trash this game so the western sales might not be good
Interestingly enough, this is one of the few games Nintendo has revealed their sales goals for.

MCVUK said:
Speaking in a video interview with Gamespot, Fils-Aime said:

“Metroid is a key franchise for us,” he said. “And in our view, really since the SNES, Metroid hasn’t broken through.

“That’s in terms of 1.5 to two million unit sales. That’s our bar. That’s the scale we look at to say, on a global basis: “That game has been effective.”

He added:

“A year ago, someone could have asked me what’s going on with Metroid, when are we going to go back to the more traditional Metroid series, rather than the path we went down with Prime. The answer is Other M.

“We’re constantly asking ourselves when the right time is to revitalise a franchise, and how we do it in a way that’s provocative.”

“We wanted to place Samus back in the more traditional lineage of Metroid. We wanted a harder edge.”
Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/34685/Nintendo-2m-sales-is-our-benchmark

I'm kind of curious what they will try next if this game doesn't hit their goals, since going back to Prime doesn't seem to solve their issue either.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
cw_sasuke said:
+
09/09/10 [NDS] One Piece - Project Jet ( Bandai Namco)
03/11/10 [NDS] Radiant Historia (Atlus)

Is Konami releasing their Layton clone this year ?
Vic said:
Solatorobo is coming out as well in October.
I listed titles that will do good numbers (>100k)

I doubt Radiant Historia or Solatorobo will hit that mark.
Konami's Layton clone has a chance to sell well. Their previous Animal Crossing clone did good numbers.

28/10/10 [NDS] Zack & Ombra: The Phantom Theme Park (Konami)
xx/12/10 [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 13 (Konami)
iidesuyo said:
Really? Name some of these decent 2007 titles that failed to sell.

donny2112

farnham said:

For Wii in Japan? Yes, it would be. :lol

farnham said:

Then it's a good thing Nintendo spent years discrediting the impact of reviews on Wii game sales. It was their secret plan all along to make Metroid: Other M a hit! :lol

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Cygnus X-1 said:
Of course it will bomb, BUT: will it sell better then the Prime series?
Only Metroid I was big and unless sinobi gives numbes for Metroid II and Super Metroid we'll never know what these two sold.

06/08/86 [NFC] Metroid (Famicom Disc System) (Nintendo) - / 1.040.000
14/02/03 [GBA] Metroid Fusion (Nintendo) - 49.680 / 155.528
28/02/03 [GCN] Metroid Prime (Nintendo) - 39.829 / 78.384
27/05/04 [GBA] Metroid: Zero Mission (Nintendo) - 39.112 / 85.045
10/08/04 [GBA] Famicom Mini: Metroid (Nintendo) - 14.900 / 50.353
26/05/05 [GCN] Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Nintendo) - 17.680 / 40.355
19/01/06 [NDS] Metroid Prime: Pinball (Nintendo) - / 15.541
01/06/06 [NDS] Metroid Prime: Hunters (Nintendo) - 32.613 / 90.028
06/03/08 [WII] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Nintendo) - 34.151 / 74.647
19/02/09 [WII] New Play Control! Metroid Prime (Nintendo) - 5.200 / 20.607
11/06/09 [WII] New Play Control! Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Nintendo) - 1.700 / 12.427

If it sells more than 100k it will become the 3rd best selling Metroid ever:lol

d+pad

Chris1964 said:
If [Metroid: Other M] sells more than 100k it will become the 3rd best selling Metroid ever:lol

Wow. I knew Metroid wasn't the most popular of Nintendo's franchises in its home country, but I never knew it was *that* unpopular.

Also, how on earth did the series go from selling over a million copies on the Famicom to selling 10 percent of that with its first GBA outting?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
d+pad said:
Wow. I knew Metroid wasn't the most popular of Nintendo's franchises in its home country, but I never knew it was *that* unpopular.

Also, how on earth did the series go from selling over a million copies on the Famicom to selling 10 percent of that with its first GBA outting?
We miss numbers for

21/01/92 [NGB] Metroid II: Return of Samus (Nintendo)
19/03/94 [SFC] Super Metroid (Nintendo)

Metroid was dead for 9 years and I guess it was going down to sales with every new entry until Metroid IV.

Rocksteady33

d+pad said:

When you have a series disappear for the good part of a decade, people tend to forget. I still remember Samus and Ness being the most confusing of the original Smash Bros. line up.

Top Bottom