• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Media Create Sales: Dec 14-20, 2009

Culex

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
6,355
180
1,500
39
Cygnus X-1 said:
So, FFXIII is the only PS3 game in the entire top 50?

Not too surprising. Major release means everyone is going to purchase FFXIII and nothing else.

Given the trending of NSMB for the DS, 3 million is a lock for NSMBWii. It's most likely already passed 2 million as we speak. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up in week 4, too and I'm betting it's at least 300k.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Media Create predicts a LTD of 1,93-1,95m LTD for FFXIII, comparing it to X-2 and XII. Everything is down comparing to the same week last year (PS2 and PSP are the biggest percentage losers) except for PS3 and Wii.
 

Cygnus X-1

Member
Mar 7, 2007
4,626
40
1,320
Chris1964 said:
Media Create predicts a LTD of 1,93-1,95m LTD for FFXIII, comparing it to X-2 and XII. Everything is down comparing to the same week last year (PS2 and PSP are the biggest percentage losers) except for PS3 and Wii.

So, basically Media Create predicts a no-holiday effect at all. Why should it be?
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Culex said:
Given the trending of NSMB for the DS, 3 million is a lock for NSMBWii. It's most likely already passed 2 million as we speak. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up in week 4, too and I'm betting it's at least 300k.
You continue to underestimate NSMBW by much. It's not going to fall below 400k next week and it will be close to 3 million two weeks from now. We can have and this week's prediction results using Media Create. Neither Famitsu gave first day sales and we have to wait one more week (or even more) for top 30.
 

ksamedi

Member
Sep 7, 2006
5,854
0
1,290
Rotterdam
Cygnus X-1 said:
So, basically Media Create predicts a no-holiday effect at all. Why should it be?

I think we should also take into account the limited user base of the PS3 compared to the other systems FF appeared on.
 

Culex

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
6,355
180
1,500
39
Chris1964 said:
You continue to underestimate NSMBW by much. It's not going to fall below 400k next week and it will be close to 3 million two weeks from now. We can have and this week's prediction results using Media Create. Neither Famitsu gave first day sales and we have to wait one more week (or even more) for top 30.

It's tough because aren't the next two weeks after the 20th, the most sales-intensive for the year? You think it's possible that NSMBWii could sell MORE in week 4 than 3?
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Culex said:
It's tough because aren't the next two weeks after the 20th, the most sales-intensive for the year? You think it's possible that NSMBWii could sell MORE in week 4 than 3?
Next two weeks are also huge weeks. NSMB can sell more than 800k if there is the supply.

Wii performance after price cut

Code:
week	 2007	 2008	 2009
 40	 20.704	 25.330	 35.392
 41	 20.575	 22.877	 30.741
 42	 24.932	 26.024	 29.965
 43	 27.502	 24.292	 25.917
 44	 37.617	 23.123	 28.888
 45	 34.546	 24.726	 31.810
 46	 36.230	 26.787	 26.764
 47	 54.362	 35.298	 32.844
 48	 74.764	 49.848	 46.673
 49	115.057	 56.702	106.555
 50	170.558	 91.641	135.898
 51	232.907	131.054	191.915
 52	152.209	134.958

WII YTD: 1.747.238
PS3 YTD: 1.654.012
DIF YTD: 93.226
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
duckroll said:
There's a problem in the combined PSP LTD. It's exactly the same as the normal PSP LTD.
Fixed and that. There aren't any other errors. sNot that it makes a big difference. That's what happen when you hurry to go home from work.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
39
I can't fault anyone for forgetting about the Go, since it seems the Japanese market already has. :lol
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
DarkMehm said:
That's not the only problem. I have 13.432.819 for PSP + PSP Go. Thats a 64k difference. :/
Check geimin.net. They had updated PSP LTD until 2007 and added 63.481 systems to the running sum.
 
Jun 11, 2009
445
0
0
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Michan said:
Here we go. :)



Week 2:
Week 1:
Am I going crazy? Isn't this graph missing Sunshine?
 
Jun 11, 2009
445
0
0
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Kishgal said:
Apparently, Sunshine sold 790k LTD, so you can imagine it at the very far left!
I'll assume that's why it was left off.:lol

What's REALLY impressive is that every single DS/Wii game gained over last weeks sales.

*Note* There is a question as to whether Layton did better this week, since it was 11 on the charts last week, but either way the numbers are so close that it either gained a little, or stayed the same.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
5
0
39
With Famitsu leaks supposedly plugged, I guess we won't find out how ToG did after its first week for a long time. :lol
 

Kenka

Member
Feb 20, 2007
11,773
0
0
Switzerland
duckroll said:
With Famitsu leaks supposedly plugged, I guess we won't find out how ToG did after its first week for a long time. :lol

In a week or so when we get official numbers.

Will NSMB Wii reach SMW ?
 

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
May 4, 2005
16,562
6,243
1,920
34
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Pokémon Gold / Silver sales are also awesome, I wonder how they compare to the other Pokémons and big RPGs? It's a remake but it seems to sell about on par with what Dragon Quest usually does oO. More than 100.000 units after having sold more than 3 millions is incredible imo.
 

Oxx

Member
Oct 9, 2005
12,533
0
0
I know this is a bit of an exceptional week, and I'm sure it has happened before, but... DS hardware in third position is a bit of a shock.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
duckroll said:
With Famitsu leaks supposedly plugged, I guess we won't find out how ToG did after its first week for a long time. :lol
We already know what Graces sold at its second week.
http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/
(A little different Media Create numbers from the actual so that Media Create doesn't shut them down)
 

wrowa

Member
Jul 26, 2006
14,351
1
1,170
Germany
My god. ToG is a complete bomb. And surely the last Tales the Wii got. I hope Team Destiny isn't going to suffer from this.
 

Kenka

Member
Feb 20, 2007
11,773
0
0
Switzerland
Another question :

will FF XII end in the top 5 software YTD ? From what I remember, Poké, DQIX, Tomodatchi and Mario will end up ahead. Is there another piece of software that did sell more this year ?
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Kenka said:
Another question :

will FF XII end in the top 5 software YTD ? From what I remember, Poké, DQIX, Tomodatchi and Mario will end up ahead. Is there another piece of software that did sell more this year ?
Yes, it will. And no, there isn't. WSR is the closest, but I doubt it'll outsell FFXIII within the year (it will in the long run, probably, though.)
 

Bel Marduk

Banned
May 11, 2008
5,181
0
0
Chris1964 said:
We already know what Graces sold at its second week.
http://thedrill.no-blog.jp/
(A little different Media Create numbers from the actual so that Media Create doesn't shut them down)

Wait...how does this add up? ToG sold 143k FW in MC so 24700 sold should mean LTD at this point are at 167700 not 158300. Or am I missing something?
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Cygnus X-1 said:
So, basically Media Create predicts a no-holiday effect at all. Why should it be?
Yes, it will. But it won't matter much because the problem is not that people don't want to buy FF, but that whoever wants to buy it will have cheaper used copies available as an option after the first week.

Bel Marduk said:
Wait...how does this add up? ToG sold 143k FW in Famitsu so 24700 sold should mean LTD at this point are at 167700 not 158300. Or am I missing something?
That blog works with MC numbers but the guy alters them (add or subtract a little), probably so MC won't go after him.
 

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Oct 29, 2006
6,485
0
0
Japan
Bel Marduk said:
Wait...how does this add up? ToG sold 143k FW in Famitsu so 24700 sold should mean LTD at this point are at 167700 not 158300. Or am I missing something?
They change the numbers slightly. A ~10k deviation is well within the norm over a 2 week period.
 

Bel Marduk

Banned
May 11, 2008
5,181
0
0
Eh...10k difference still seems like much with this game so will wait for real numbers. I was expecting a 30k second week to put it at 173k.
 

Brofist

Member
Jun 15, 2004
11,014
1,263
1,765
Road said:
Yes, it will. But it won't matter much because the problem is not that people don't want to buy FF, but that whoever wants to buy it will have cheaper used copies available as an option after the first week.
I think the effect of used copied at this point is being overestimated. We are probably talking a swing of 1-2k in sales at best in next weeks numbers. In a month or so new sales may hit the skids because of the amount of used copies.
 

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Oct 29, 2006
6,485
0
0
Japan
Bel Marduk said:
Eh...10k difference still seems like much with this game so will wait for real numbers. I was expecting a 30k second week to put it at 173k.
Well that would mean an even bigger deviation in SW3's numbers, since it's above ToG in the MC chart. There's no basis in believing it did higher over lower, or the same.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,699
1
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Yup Graces is indeed headed towards bomba territory. I think it will crawl past 200K since I think that was the shipment, but that's about it.

On another note, SW3 held up pretty well and could get past 250K if it has a good couple weeks.

Oh and Taiko 2 Wii could pass 200K in the next 2 weeks which would be pretty impressive given where it started.
 

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Oct 29, 2006
6,485
0
0
Japan
That's a very good point. How do total hardware sales this week compare to historical highs? The power of all markets old and new, core and casual, existing as one, beautiful. :'(
 

thestopsign

Member
Jun 2, 2005
7,839
2
1,325
Sage00 said:
That's a very good point. How do total hardware sales this week compare to historical highs? The power of all markets old and new, core and casual, existing as one, beautiful. :'(

I'm sure the 2005 holiday season blows this out of the water. The DS sold 600k alone in one week. The 2006 season would probably be a runner up.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Since Media Create is again our official tracker:D .

After 3 weeks:
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 567.890 / 1.933.827
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 244.882 / 1.478.608

After 27 weeks:
[NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 165.575 / 2.089.946
[NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 36.610 / 2.746.097

After 15 weeks:
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 111.454 / 3.339.872
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Pokemon Co.) - 94.370 / 2.479.819
[NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 78.398 / 2.054.443

After 12 weeks:
[WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 92.561 / 1.201.258
[WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 62.769 / 1.484.015

After 4 weeks:
[NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level 5) - 54.128 / 496.000
[NDS] Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5) - no numbers (18th position)
[NDS] Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (Level 5) - 83.293 / 527.177
[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Level 5) - 45.344 / 266.017