• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: December 6, 2010 - December 12, 2010

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Chris1964 said:
That's very far from Level 5's target.

How many new Jrpg IPs sold + 500K this Gen ? IE 1 also started slow, if Hino expcted it to be a million seller maybe they should have released it last year before announcing the ps3 version....

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Since we won't get numbers.

Next week's releases

[WII] Ultimate Shooting Collection 2 (Milestone) {30/12/10}
[PS2] Kaeru Batake de Tsukamete: Natsu Senbokuryou Sansen (Takuyo) {28/12/10}

KingDizzi

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
How many new Jrpg IPs sold + 500K this Gen ? IE 1 also started slow, if Hino expcted it to be a million seller maybe they should have released it last year before announcing the ps3 version....

This is nice, was not expecting the excuses to flow in this quickly. Been a good year, MHP3 doing very well and there being two bomb of the year contenders in the last few months of 2010. GT5 has got the crown so far, Ni no Kuni is threatening to take the spot.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
KingDizzi said:
This is nice, was not expecting the excuses to flow in this quickly.

Not meeting expectation = Bad sales in general ?
If so than i guess im wrong, i never expected Ninokuni to sell a million easy, especially after IE3 performance or the general DS 3rd party game performance in that last months.

deathkiller said:
So Castlevania: Lords of Shadow didn't enter in the top 10? That's disappointing even by Japan's Castlevania standards.

Considering that the tenth place title could have sold in excess of 50k, there's still a chance that CV:LoS could have done OK - even, say, a 35k/15k split between the PS3/360 would have placed it ahead of all recent Igavanias, I think.

DKCR takes off - 152k second week :lol

EDIT:

...and a 74k second week for Ni No Kuni - not looking good.

Kirby clears 300k, and I think 500k lifetime is looking reasonably safe.

And 27k first week for the PS3 version of CV: LoS puts it over all recent CV releases (more so including whatever the 360 version ended up doing) but not significantly so.

Bebpo

Banned
Ni no kuni drop wasn't too bad. Will probably hit about 400-450k lifetime. Doubt it will sell out the first 600k shipment unless they are selling them at 900yen price collapse.

Gundam Musou 3 is kind of low opening. I thought it'd be closer to 250kish.

Frillen

Grimmy said:
WOW

モンスターハンターポータブル 3rd カプコン 10/12/01 581,543 3,161,801

Crazy... By end of the year it will have met Capcom's 3.6 million expectations!

And PSP is still above the DS...impressive.

Not really since it's just two months until the 3DS.

Fuck, I just realized it's just two months!

Edit: Wii YTD > PS3 YTD.

GT5 is off the top 20 it seems. Oh well, sad to see it go.

MHP3 is a beast. That's got to be one of the best 3rd weeks ever. Wii, why is it selling so much? PS3 should be selling more.

That's it from me.

Takao

Banned
KingDizzi said:
This is nice, was not expecting the excuses to flow in this quickly. Been a good year, MHP3 doing very well and there being two bomb of the year contenders in the last few months of 2010. GT5 has got the crown so far, Ni no Kuni is threatening to take the spot.

GT5 has sold out most of its shipment, and likely will. Its number is low due to the amount of time the game was in development, but it's not really a bomba king.

gogogow

Bebpo said:
Gundam Musou 3 is kind of low opening. I thought it'd be closer to 250kish.
It actually opened higher than the first 2 games. 14k higher than the first and 24k higher than the 2nd one. But I doubt it will reach 320k-ish ltd like the first 2 did.

Grimmy

Banned
Frillen said:

Errrr yes it is, considering how much it was behind the DS before MHP3rd. Looks likely now that the PSP will outsell the DS this year.

test_account

XP-39C²
Frillen said:

Personally i dont think that the 3DS affects the DS sales that much this holiday. The DS did afterall sell about 148k this week (well, last week). Last year in the same week, the DS sold about 183k, so the drop isnt that big :) The 3DS might affect the sales a bit, i agree with that, but i think that it's more about that the DS is starting to show it's age (still selling very strong though).

Frillen

Grimmy said:
Errrr yes it is, considering how much it was behind the DS before MHP3rd. Looks likely now that the PSP will outsell the DS this year.

MHP3 might have something to do with why it's selling so well...

Laguna

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
What was its LTD before it fell?

Don´t know. But I remember that Chris or someone else stated that ToVps3 sold about 390k LTD some weeks ago.

@Spiegel
I know. Let´s wait for the Top50 first.

test_account

XP-39C²
Frillen said:
MHP3 might have something to do with why it's selling so well...
But isnt it impressive that one game in particular can boost the hardware sales of a system that much? :) The reason for why system sells so well is usually because of the software, if it is 1 particular game or several of games =)

Paracelsus

Laguna said:
Don´t know. But I remember that Chris or someone else stated that ToVps3 sold about 390k LTD some weeks ago.

@Spiegel
I know. Let´s wait for the Top50 first.

Weren't those Dengeki numbers?

Paracelsus

03./00. [PS3] Tales of Vesperia (Namco Bandai) - 216,593 / NEW
04./03. [PS3] Tales of Vesperia (Namco Bandai) - 48,642 / 265,000 (-78%)
10./04. [PS3] Tales of Vesperia (Bandai Namco Games) - 26,000 / 292,000

First three weeks.

Takao

Banned
Top 10 in English:

[PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 581,543 / 3,161,801
[PS3] Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - 185,908
[NDS] Inazuma 11 3: Ogre Edition - 175,604
[WII] Donkey Kong Country Returns - 152,990 / 316,300
[NDS] Pokemon: Black/White - 115,438 / 4,744,211
[PSP] Shining Hearts - 106,733
[WII] Wii Party - 92,949 / 1,411,824
[WII] Mario Sports Mix - 87,114 / 299,534
[NDS] Ninokuni: The Other World - 74,329 / 244,877
[NDS] Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-land Mayhem - 54,628 / 163,929

Laguna

Banned
Paracleus, maybe.

test_account said:
But isnt it impressive that one game in particular can boost the hardware sales of a system that much? :) The reason for why system sells so well is usually because of the software, if it is 1 particular game or several of games.

Monster Hunter became for the PSP what Pokemon was for the GB in 1996.

Wii 99,681
PS3 49,515
I honestly didn´t expect such a turnaround.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hmm... Ninokuni might reach 300k by the end of the year.

Kinda expected 500k though, oh well. Maybe it's because NDS peeps are shifting their focus on the 3DS?

Edit: According to AndriaSang, FFXIII 360 missed out on the top 20, meaning it sold below Mario Kart Wii (22,579).

Kenka

What an abnormal amount of copies sold. Where will this thing stop ? It will catch up with Friends Collection in no time and may even kick Pokémon's ass.

Souldriver said:
What's the LTD for DQIX. Is it a sure fact that MHP3 will surpass it?

In any case, the MH phenomena is very impressive. Damn!

It's not entirely certain. But DQ IX's LTD is about 4.2 M. MHP3 may blow it right on time on Jan, 1st though.

jeremy1456

Laguna said:
Wii 99,681
PS3 49,515
I honestly didn´t expect such a turnaround.

Happens every year, and will probably occur again in 2011.

Even when Wii is being outsold by PS3 in the months leading up to Christmas the Wii always does better during the holidays overall.

Laguna

Banned
jeremy1456 said:
Happens every year, and will probably occur again in 2011.

Even when Wii is being outsold by PS3 in the months leading up to Christmas the Wii always does better during the holidays overall.

I still didn´t expect PS3 to remain that flat with GT5 and ToG in December.

jeremy1456

Laguna said:
I still didn´t expect PS3 to remain that flat with GT5 and ToG in December.

That's true.

What surprised me was that NSMBWii had more of an affect on Wii sales than FFXIII did on those of the PS3 last year.

Top Bottom