Media Create Sales: Feb. 15 - 21, 2010

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#1
Media Create Feb 15-21

01. / 00. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (Capcom) - 143.339 / NEW
02. / 01. [PSP] God Eater (Namco Bandai) - 64.192 / 469.832 (-42%)
03. / 03. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 44.415 / 3.366.296 (-24%)
04. / 02. [NDS] Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Reviere (Square Enix) - 41.412 / 1.217.134 (-48%)
05. / 05. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) - 31.299 / 2.848.666 (-17%)
06. / 00. [PS3] Heavy Rain (SCE) - 26.775 / NEW
07. / 07. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 25.631 / 1.664.505 (-11%)
08. / 00. [NDS] Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2010: Reverse of Arcadia (Konami) - 24.132 / NEW
09. / 08. [PS3] Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (Square Enix) - 15.097 / 112.996 (-42%)
10. / 13. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 11.303 / 1.760.000 (-19%)

11. / 15. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom)
12. / 00. [NDS] Quiz Magic Academy DS: Two Space Time Stones (Konami)
13. / 04. [NDS] Prince of Tennis: Prince of School Festival - More Sweet Edition (Konami)
14. / 00. [PS3] Dante's Inferno (Electronic Arts)
15. / 10. [PS3] Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Spike)
16. / 21. [NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo)
17. / 00. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors Online: Kamishou Ranbu (Koei)
18. / 12. [PS3] Resonance of Fate (Sega)
19. / 16. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.)
20. / 19. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
21. / 17. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
22. / 09. [WII] Zangeki no Reginkleiv (Nintendo)
23. / 24. [PSP] Pop 'n Music Portable (Konami)
24. / 00. [NDS] Nodame Cantabile: Fun Music Time (Namco Bandai)
25. / 11. [NDS] Dragon Ball: Origins 2 - Assault! Red Ribbon Gun (Namco Bandai)
26. / 00. [PSP] Classic Dungeon: Fuyoku no Masoujin (Nippon Ichi Software)
27. / 22. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
28. / 00. [NDS] Romance of the Three Kingdoms DS 3 (Koei)
29. / 00. [PSP] Patchwork Heroes (SCE)
30. / 23. [PSP] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Portable (SCE)
31. / 00. [NDS] Datenshi no Amai Yuuwaku x Kaikan Phrase (Furyu)
32. / 00. [PSP] Last Escort: Club Katze (D3 Publisher)
33. / 40. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
34. / 48. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo)
35. / 00. [360] Dante's Inferno (Electronic Arts)
36. / 20. [PSP] Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Square Enix)
37. / 39. [NDS] Love Plus (Konami)
38. / 25. [PS3] MAG: Massive Action Game (SCE)
39. / 29. [WII] Taiko Drum Master Wii 2 (Namco Bandai)
40. / 31. [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.)
41. / 27. [WII] Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (Capcom)
42. / 30. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson)
43. / 18. [NDS] Lupin the 3rd: The Biggest Brain Battle in History (Namco Bandai)
44. / 14. [360] Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Spike)
45. / 32. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
46. / 38. [PS3] Yakuza 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) (Sega)
47. / 35. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
48. / 28. [PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallia Military Academy (Sega)
49. / 26. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3: The Girl's Song that Pulls the Trigger of World's Demise (Namco Bandai)
50. / 00. [PS2] Last Escort: Club Katze (D3 Publisher)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 935.583 / 11.409.916 (-4%)


NDS - 16
PS3 - 11
PSP - 10
WII - 10
360 - 2
PS2 - 1



HARDWARE

Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  NDS  |     44.821  |     51.327  |    614.851  |  29.713.439  |
|  PSP  |     34.167  |     40.687  |    582.506  |  14.188.780  |
|  PS3  |     32.130  |     24.811  |    354.903  |   4.741.902  |
|  WII  |     31.652  |     37.501  |    490.754  |   9.932.098  |
|  360  |      2.453  |      3.428  |     33.925  |   1.236.719  |
|  PS2  |      1.883  |      1.869  |     19.764  |  21.625.918  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
| DSiLL |     24.388  |     27.586  |    285.258  |     721.522  |
|  DSi  |     15.380  |     18.082  |    267.665  |   4.514.150  |
|  DSL  |      5.053  |      5.659  |     61.928  |  17.892.296  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     32.796  |     39.293  |    565.815  |  14.100.237  |
| PSPgo |      1.371  |      1.394  |     16.691  |      88.543  |
------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Media-Create Threads
2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009

Media Create Sales: 02/08 - 02/14
Media Create Sales: 02/01 - 02/07
Media Create Sales: 01/25 - 01/31
Media Create Sales: 01/18 - 01/24
Media Create Sales: 01/11 - 01/17
Media Create Sales: 01/04 - 01/10
Media Create Sales: 12/28 - 01/03
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#5
Famitsu (up to 21/02/10)
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|    |     [NDS] NSMB    |[WII] Mario Galaxy |  [WII] NSMB Wii   |       difference      |
|    |     (25/05/06)    |    (01/11/07)     |     (03/12/09)    |                       |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Week|  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |NSMBW-NSMB | NSMBW-SMG |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|  1 |  865.024|  865.024|  256.431|  256.431|  936.734|  936.734|     71.710|    680.393|
|  2 |  315.197|1.180.221|   78.439|  334.690|  464.824|1.401.558|    221.337|  1.066.868|
|  3 |  242.932|1.423.153|   43.317|  378.007|  570.512|1.972.070|    548.917|  1.594.063|
|  4 |  204.007|1.627.160|   37.484|  415.491|  513.080|2.485.150|    857.990|  2.069.659|
|  5 |  169.852|1.797.012|   36.354|  451.845|  255.494|2.740.644|    943.632|  2.288.799|
|  6 |  153.047|1.950.009|   48.750|  500.595|  128.503|2.869.147|    919.088|  2.368.552|
|  7 |  132.375|2.082.434|   70.541|  571.136|  133.606|3.002.753|    920.319|  2.431.617|
|  8 |  120.220|2.202.654|  109.029|  680.165|  115.704|3.118.457|    915.803|  2.438.292|
|  9 |  146.837|2.349.491|   67.519|  747.684|   89.809|3.208.266|    858.775|  2.460.582|
| 10 |  114.471|2.463.962|   62.017|  809.701|   61.762|3.270.028|    806.066|  2.460.327|
| 11 |  103.008|2.566.970|   17.617|  827.318|   59.213|3.329.241|    762.271|  2.501.923|
| 12 |  119.991|2.686.961|   16.643|  843.961|   48.900|3.378.200|    691.239|  2.534.239|
| 13 |  115.335|2.802.296|    9.056|  853.017|         |         |           |           |
| 14 |   66.336|2.868.632|    7.234|  860.251|         |         |           |           |
| 15 |   72.235|2.940.867|    6.344|  866.595|         |         |           |           |
| 16 |   51.643|2.992.510|    5.868|  872.463|         |         |           |           |
| 17 |   52.070|3.044.580|    4.357|  876.820|         |         |           |           |
| 18 |   54.595|3.099.175|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 19 |   51.541|3.150.716|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 20 |   37.678|3.188.394|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 21 |   39.915|3.228.309|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 22 |   30.564|3.258.873|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 23 |   33.482|3.292.355|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 24 |   31.940|3.324.295|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 25 |   26.939|3.351.234|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 26 |   23.777|3.375.011|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 27 |   32.086|3.407.097|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 28 |   28.132|3.435.229|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 29 |   45.298|3.480.527|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 30 |   72.194|3.552.721|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 31 |  185.021|3.737.742|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 32 |   80.472|3.818.214|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Year|   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |NSMBW-NSMB | NSMBW-SMG |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|  1 |3.818.214|3.818.214|  747.684|  747.684|2.485.150|2.485.150| -1.333.064|  1.737.466|
|  2 |1.176.939|4.995.153|  197.442|  945.106|  893.050|3.378.200| -1.616.953|  2.433.094|
|  3 |  377.034|5.372.187|   19.308|  964.414|         |         |           |           |
|  4 |  287.399|5.659.586|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|  5 |   82.014|5.741.600|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
| LTD|        -|5.741.600|        -|  964.414|        -|3.378.200| -2.363.400|  2.413.786|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Mario Galaxy LTD is up to 12/07/09
01. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 6.810.000
02. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 865.024 / 5.741.600
03. [NGB] Super Mario Land (Nintendo) - / 4.190.000
04. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - / 3.840.000
05. [SFC] Super Mario World (Nintendo) - / 3.550.000
06. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 936.734 / 3.378.200
07. [NGB] Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (Nintendo) - / 2.700.000
08. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - / 2.650.000
09. [SFC] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Nintendo) - / 1.770.000
10. [N64] Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) - 162.111 / 1.639.921
11. [NFC] Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 1.630.000
12. [NGB] Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Nintendo) - / 1.590.000
13. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 256.431 / 964.414
14. [GCN] Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo) - 280.610 / 789.989
 
Jul 10, 2008
7,547
0
0
#7
I think RE5 Alternate is the highest PS3 game week 1 this year...kinda surprising.

NSMB Wii still holding fairly steady...# of Wii titles in the top 30 drops below # of PS3 titles.

Are there hardware leaks yet? This week should be interesting.
 
Jun 8, 2004
19,828
0
0
Neo Tokyo
#22
xyla said:
It was this week the new Nintendo platinum line launched, wasn´t it?
I thought at least one game would make it to the top 30...
If by "this week" you mean "today", you are correct. The shops haven't closed yet though, so I doubt you'll see sales info just yet.

According to that blog, PSP > PS3 > Wii this week.
RE5AE sales must have caused the PS3 hardware to spike quite nicely.
 
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
#23
xyla said:
It was this week the new Nintendo platinum line launched, wasn´t it?
I thought at least one game would make it to the top 30...
Today - if any chart (and I expect some to hit the top 30 at the very least) then you'll see them when the numbers arrive next week (or if we get early figures again. maybe today or tomorrow).
 
Jun 5, 2006
9,603
0
0
Scotland
#26
Jonnyram said:
If by "this week" you mean "today", you are correct. The shops haven't closed yet though, so I doubt you'll see sales info just yet.

According to that blog, PSP > PS3 > Wii this week.
RE5AE sales must have caused the PS3 hardware to spike quite nicely.
If the figures I saw are correct, then the Wii dropped 6k and the PS3 spiked 6k, with the PS3 just edging ahead so it's not quite the dramatic reversal it seems looking at placings and last week's numbers.
 

RJT

Member
Sep 18, 2007
5,024
0
0
#27
Chris1964 said:
doicare
and a banned site
and extrapolated numbers from comgnet
and early Monday numbers

''Predictions'' after weekend are worthless.
Ah, that explains it. doicare being right is such a scary thought...
 
Jul 10, 2008
7,547
0
0
#28
Cosmonaut X said:
If the figures I saw are correct, then the Wii dropped 6k and the PS3 spiked 6k, with the PS3 just edging ahead so it's not quite the dramatic reversal it seems looking at placings and last week's numbers.
:( Don't crush a young boy's dreams like this.
 
Sep 26, 2009
9,024
0
0
The Netherlands
#29
Jonnyram said:
If by "this week" you mean "today", you are correct. The shops haven't closed yet though, so I doubt you'll see sales info just yet.

According to that blog, PSP > PS3 > Wii this week.
RE5AE sales must have caused the PS3 hardware to spike quite nicely.
and because of the 250 gig right?
 
May 14, 2006
2,132
0
0
#32
Chris1964 said:
doicare
and a banned site
and extrapolated numbers from comgnet
and early Monday numbers

''Predictions'' after weekend are worthless.
Wow..... Prehaps if it is so easy to make these 'worthless' predictions then maybe you could grace us with your perdictions and do better than me because obviously all i do is steal other peoples 'data'. Rollseyes.
 
Feb 8, 2007
6,043
0
0
www.projet-orphee.org
#33
doicare said:
Wow..... Prehaps if it is so easy to make these 'worthless' predictions then maybe you could grace us with your perdictions and do better than me because obviously all i do is steal other peoples 'data'. Rollseyes.
You said yourself your number came from some anonymous source. That doesn't make them worthless, and I don't think it was his point.
(and this, meine Damen and Herren, was my first and last invervention in a sales thread)
 
May 14, 2006
2,132
0
0
#34
stilgar said:
You said yourself your number came from some anonymous source. That doesn't make them worthless, and I don't think it was his point.
(and this, meine Damen and Herren, was my first and last invervention in a sales thread)
I've made a decision not to post or mention what sales data i've got anymore as plenty of people have a problem with that, i will just be doing the odd prediction here and there. For the record tho the 'numbers' you refer to me talking about were limited pre order data. Also for the record i don't visit blog sites with numbers on them as plenty of times they've been wrong and useless, vgchartzzzzzzzzzzz is a joke because half the time their numbers are wrong and then 'adjusted' afterwards and comgnet's points system can be all over the place and very hard to extrapolate. Chris1964's post was uncalled for.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#35
doicare said:
I've made a decision not to post or mention what sales data i've got anymore as plenty of people have a problem with that, i will just be doing the odd prediction here and there. For the record tho the 'numbers' you refer to me talking about were limited pre order data. Also for the record i don't visit blog sites with numbers on them as plenty of times they've been wrong and useless, vgchartzzzzzzzzzzz is a joke because half the time their numbers are wrong and then 'adjusted' afterwards and comgnet's points system can be all over the place and very hard to extrapolate. Chris1964's post was uncalled for.
Do you know how easy is to prove you are right? Predict when everyone else does and not after weekend.
 
May 14, 2006
2,132
0
0
#37
Chris1964 said:
Do you know how easy is to prove you are right? Predict when everyone else does and not after weekend.
I'm not going to make this into a big deal because there's far more important things in life going on but at the end of the day i make predictions when i want to and not to anybody elses time table. Sometimes i make predictions before/at the weekend and sometimes after, you're not the first poster who's tried to dismiss what i do and i'm sure you won't be the last. I call it the Michael Pachter effect, there's plenty of people who say he barely knows anything and they reckon they could do his job far better than he does because it's so 'easy', yet nobody has stepped up and actually done that.....go figure. Now shall we get back to discussing the actual sales of games? Here's a topic starter, does anybody think the new Yakuza game stands a good chance of breaking 400,000 week 1?....i do.
 
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
#42
donny2112 said:
I've been purposefully not including it the weekly Famitsu lists, as I don't want us losing this source, too. *hint, hint*
Yeah, I've been kind of wary of posting it here. That's why I'm only doing it partially (when I do). But if it is better to be even more discreet, I can try.

It's not like that blog was anything obscure to begin with, though. The sales post has now 926 comments (and, likely, way more views), which is more than any MC thread this year. But maybe Famitsu just doesn't like us gaijins messing with their stuff. haha
 
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
#48
Road said:
Yeah, I've been kind of wary of posting it here. That's why I'm only doing it partially (when I do). But if it is better to be even more discreet, I can try.
I'm just paranoid. :lol I'd just be concerned with someone expanding further and just posting the whole thing. :)

Road said:
It's not like that blog was anything obscure to begin with, though. The sales post has now 926 comments (and, likely, way more views), which is more than any MC thread this year. But maybe Famitsu just doesn't like us gaijins messing with their stuff. haha
I don't think the first ones had that many comments, but, yeah, it's gotten more popular. :D One thing that this guy does that the previous 2ch leak didn't do is he doesn't "round" to get to the nearest 100. He just drops the tens and ones altogether (e.g. 2695 -> 2600), so it's probably more protected than the 2ch leak, in that regard.