• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Feb. 15 - 21, 2010

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
doicare said:
I'm not going to make this into a big deal because there's far more important things in life going on but at the end of the day i make predictions when i want to and not to anybody elses time table. Sometimes i make predictions before/at the weekend and sometimes after, you're not the first poster who's tried to dismiss what i do and i'm sure you won't be the last. I call it the Michael Pachter effect, there's plenty of people who say he barely knows anything and they reckon they could do his job far better than he does because it's so 'easy', yet nobody has stepped up and actually done that.....go figure. Now shall we get back to discussing the actual sales of games? Here's a topic starter, does anybody think the new Yakuza game stands a good chance of breaking 400,000 week 1?....i do.
Wait a minute, do you think that posting random numbers makes you something special? Do you know how I call this? The ioi effect. From now on every time you claim in these threads that you have some mysterious secret source I 'll post the comgnet, eh secret source, preorder numbers you had given.

jcm

Chris1964 said:
Wait a minute, do you think that posting random numbers makes you something special? Do you know how I call this? The ioi effect. From now on every time you claim in these threads that you have some mysterious secret source I 'll post the comgnet, eh secret source, preorder numbers you had given.

I don't understand why you're jumping all over the guy. He made his prediction, several people told him it was way too high, he turned out to be right. Why are you so angry about this?

HR sold okay.
Look's like SO4 is going to sell it's 150k out .
RE5 AE did good wonder how much it's going to get .
God Eater should reach half million next week , pretty good for a new IP.

Random sales note: Between all the new games, remakes, and spinoffs, Dragon Quest on DS is approaching 10 million. Big, but I think NES with its four all-new entries is currently tops with something like 11 million. With continued sales of VI and IX, as well as Joker 2 coming, DS may be the top Dragon Quest system before year's end?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
jcm said:
I don't understand why you're jumping all over the guy. He made his prediction, several people told him it was way too high, he turned out to be right. Why are you so angry about this?
It's not this particular ''prediction''. He has a history.

EDIT: And like I said before I have no problem with him making predictions as long as they are trully predictions, not estimates from online retailer sales.

doicare

Chris1964 said:
So me making a prediction that was correct = me posting 'random numbers'? You're being very immature and you're displaying the behaviour of somebody with an inferiority complex by saying i think i'm 'something special' when i have never said that, ridiculous. Other posters are asking what your problem is and i think you should take a step back. If you really think you have a point then pm me instead of causing problems in this thread.

onken

Surprisingly good for RE, must easily be the best opening for a PS3 re-release.

Fairly big slide for NSMB this week considering almost no change last week, admirable hold overall of course.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
doicare said:
So me making a prediction that was correct = me posting 'random numbers'? You're being very immature and you're displaying the behaviour of somebody with an inferiority complex by saying i think i'm 'something special' when i have never said that, ridiculous. Other posters are asking what your problem is and i think you should take a step back. If you really think you have a point then pm me instead of causing problems in this thread.
Just wondering, how old are you, if you want to say of course? I want to know if there is a point continuing this conversation or I'm talking to a 10 year old boy. When you brought up Pachter syndrome what did you wanted to show? As for other posters complaining I'm sure jcm doesn't know your or my posting history.

KingDizzi

Banned
jcm said:

I really don't understand it, been lurking here for a long time now and every time doicare is correct the media create regulars try ripping him a new one. One of the more pathetic things I have seen in my life, predicting game sales is serious business I guess.

Chris1964 said:
doicare
and a banned site
and extrapolated numbers from comgnet
and early Monday numbers

''Predictions'' after weekend are worthless.

Why mention the banned site, you saying they are actually correct? Not understanding your post, mentioning the magic number farm and all.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
KingDizzi said:
Why mention the banned site, you saying they are actually correct? Not understanding your post, mentioning the magic number farm and all.
If, as you say, you have been lurking here for a long time now you should understand this specific post.

donny2112

doicare was instructed by duckroll to not post his preorder numbers anymore if he couldn't provide a source. The predictions should be fine, though.

However, there's a history with doicare in the MC threads which may make the fuse a little short where he's involved. :p

Arpharmd B said:
I'd imagine plenty of hungry new PS3 owners after Slim + Final Fantasy XIII. That would explain Resident Evil.

What about Resident Evil fans already on the system from RE5? I'd think that would be a bigger impact. If you were talking about another jRPG, then a FFXIII-specific audience may have more of an impact.

KingDizzi said:
I really don't understand it, been lurking here for a long time now and every time doicare is correct the media create regulars try ripping him a new one. One of the more pathetic things I have seen in my life, predicting game sales is serious business I guess.
doicare is like the broken clock that is right twice a day, and damn happy about it.

donny2112 said:
What about Resident Evil fans already on the system from RE5? I'd think that would be a bigger impact. If you were talking about another jRPG, then a FFXIII-specific audience may have more of an impact.

Didn't sales surge after the slim redesign and price drop? That happened well after BH5 was old news.

I don't see people who dropped full price on the original double dipping on this, at least not in big numbers. Especially when all the DLC can be had for almost 1/4th the price.

cvxfreak

Acosta said:
Where is your girl showing how happy is her? Traditions are traditions!

aewu9l.jpg

Jaruru

Hero of Legend said:
I gotta ask, what's the origin of that image and how did it become a meme here?

I wanna know too
looks like I saw it in most of the sales charts here

anyways, nice number for RE5. quite a few PS3 titles there
how long is Friends Collection staying on top 10? Mario Kart DS / Animal Crossing DS compare?

gerg

Guys, these are informal sales predictions. Does it really matter, on both sides, whether or not someone is right?

doicare

Chris1964 said:
Just wondering, how old are you, if you want to say of course? I want to know if there is a point continuing this conversation or I'm talking to a 10 year old boy. When you brought up Pachter syndrome what did you wanted to show? As for other posters complaining I'm sure jcm doesn't know your or my posting history.
When i was 10 years old i was playing dizzy the egg on the commodore 64, seeing as you're good with numbers you should be able to work out how old i am now. The bottom line is i made a simple prediction and it turned out to be very good, people were commenting on what a good prediction it was but you seemed very butt hurt by me getting praise so you created a post completely and utterly demeaning my prediction calling it worthless. You also seem to be very hung up on a set of data i was given that i then posted on this forum a long time ago which turned out to be taken from some other website i had never heard of before back then. Some how in your eyes that makes me a liar and every prediction i now post must be 'stolen' from somewhere else as well. Like i said i really think you should step back from this line of posting but if you still feel you need to discuss this any further please do it in pm's because otherwise this thread will quickly devolve.

doicare

donny2112 said:
doicare was instructed by duckroll to not post his preorder numbers anymore if he couldn't provide a source. The predictions should be fine, though.

However, there's a history with doicare in the MC threads which may make the fuse a little short where he's involved. :p
I'm like that show everybody loves raymond......except replace the word loves with baseball bats, roshambos or happy slaps.

Aru

Pretty good legs for SO4I.

It won't catch up with the 360 version, but it's still doing okay for a year old port with almost no bonus content.

It'll reach 120k and die, IMO.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
With doicare I forgot to post next week releases (04/03/10)

[NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light (Pokemon Co.) - 06/03/10
[NDS] Keroro RPG: Kishi to Musha to Densetsu no Kaizoku (Namco Bandai)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Final Fantasy IV (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Bomberman Land Touch! 2 (Hudson the Best) (Hudson)

[PSP] .hack//Link (Namco Bandai)
[PSP] Armored Core: Last Raven Portable (From Software)
[PSP] The Eye of Judgment: Legends (SCE)
[PSP] Tegami Bachi: Kokoro Tsumugu Mono e (Konami)
[PSP] Dream Lantern (Best Price!) (Nippon Ichi Software)

[PS3] Bioshock 2 (D3 Publisher)
[PS3] BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Arc System Works Best Selection) (Arc System Works)

[360] Bioshock 2 (D3 Publisher)
[360] BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Platinum Collection) (Arc System Works)

d+pad

Chris1964 said:
26. / 00. [PSP] Classic Dungeon: Fuyoku no Masoujin (Nippon Ichi Software)
29. / 00. [PSP] Patchwork Heroes (SCE)

:(

BTW, I *really* hope Classic Dungeon is released in NA, preferably in UMD format...

DNF

doicare said:
I'm like that show everybody loves raymond......except replace the word loves with baseball bats, roshambos or happy slaps.

If you would be compared to a comedy series I may have thougt the "Inspired by Chris Rock's life...as a kid." would be more fitting, buddy ^^

Yeah, how dare you guys question Mr. Incredible Predictor predictions, so full of predictions knowledge, so damn full of insider information to put his predictions to good use, with so damn full devotion to the mythological prediction beast known as Pachter in these cruel ages full of ignorant unable to see the greatness of the resurgence of the sacred idol in his new, Simpsons-avatar-powered, vessel.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
duckroll said:
I dunno why everyone is being an ass to doicare this time. It seems no matter what, he can't win. It's kinda sad. :(
Well all Chris1964 said was that predictions made after there is data available are not really predictions (which I believe he stated prior to the actual results being known). It was doicare that took offense to this and immediately started calling people out which is always gonna end badly.

gerg

poppabk said:
Well all Chris1964 said was that predictions made after there is data available are not really predictions (which I believe he stated prior to the actual results being known). It was doicare that took offense to this and immediately started calling people out which is always gonna end badly.

Why bother to bring it up at all?

I think we're missing the forest for the trees.

tmarques

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Yeah, how dare you guys question Mr. Incredible Predictor predictions.

I don't know enough to take sides, but doicare is the one requesting that his attackers take it to PM, so he gets automatic points with me. The thread is getting kind of annoying for those who don't care about whatever the issue is.

And I honestly don't see why guessing numbers is such a big deal, unless you're in Vegas, but maybe I'm the weird one here.

Chris1964 said:

I was neutral before reading this post and yes, I really don't know too much of either of your posting history (especially him), but this post right here, this reaction... well it's kind of childish and honestly it's only helping his "inferiority" theory seem more true.

cvxfreak

Animator said:
What is in the re5 gold edition that is different from the old game? New levels\playable characters?

Two new chapters
One new mode
Four new playable characters
Four new costumes

It's also effectively a budget priced version of the original game.

onken said:
Surprisingly good for RE, must easily be the best opening for a PS3 re-release.
Easy. Even ignoring rerelease status there are only about 16 better PS3 openings. "About" coming from whatever difference comparing this MC software number with my usual Famitsu numbers makes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
JoshuaJSlone said:
Easy. Even ignoring rerelease status there are only about 16 better PS3 openings. "About" coming from whatever difference comparing this MC software number with my usual Famitsu numbers makes.
How does this compare to other re-releases of popular titles on the same platform as a percentage of first release total?

donny2112

Chris1964 said:
next week releases (04/03/10)

[NDS] Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light (Pokemon Co.) - 06/03/10
[NDS] Keroro RPG: Kishi to Musha to Densetsu no Kaizoku (Namco Bandai)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Final Fantasy IV (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
[NDS] Bomberman Land Touch! 2 (Hudson the Best) (Hudson)

[PSP] .hack//Link (Namco Bandai)
[PSP] Armored Core: Last Raven Portable (From Software)
[PSP] The Eye of Judgment: Legends (SCE)
[PSP] Tegami Bachi: Kokoro Tsumugu Mono e (Konami)
[PSP] Dream Lantern (Best Price!) (Nippon Ichi Software)

[PS3] Bioshock 2 (D3 Publisher)
[PS3] BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Arc System Works Best Selection) (Arc System Works)

[360] Bioshock 2 (D3 Publisher)
[360] BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (Platinum Collection) (Arc System Works)

Amazing Wii lineup for next week! Way to go Nintendo!

Ctrl+C to repost response often over the next few weeks/months

jay

The problem with sales threads is a lot of the smartest posters are also prone to being dicks. Wait, that's the problem with this whole site.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PSP 32,796
PS3 32,130
Wii 31,652
DSi LL 24,388
DSi 15,380
DS Lite 5,053
Xbox 360 2,453
PS2 1,883
PSP go 1,371

Finally, after 2 long months, everyone's prediction is a reality.

sturmdogg

Chris1964 said:
Media Create Feb 15-21

11. / 15. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP the Best Reprint) (Capcom)

Wow, this thing is like the energizer bunny...it keeps going and going and going....

Chris1964 said:
Media Create Feb 15-21

30. / 23. [PSP] SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Portable (SCE)

Is this SOCOM: FTB3?

onken

AFreak said:
So, is this the RE5 with Arc motion controls in it or will that be a rererelease?

I was wondering about that. Patch in, maybe? Though the thought of Capcom giving away something for free seems kind of unlikely.

Top Bottom