• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Feb. 8 - 14, 2010

farnham

Banned
Agnates said:
What's Magic Wand? Takt of Magic? I wanted that game, it looked like Fire Emblem in real time with Arx Fatalis' rune combining spell casting.

Though it was probably nothing like that in the end.
well it was the sequel to

Lost-Magic-DS-1.jpg

Agnates

Banned
I didn't accuse anyone of any long term bias or alignment other than point out completely insane speculation they made on top of their rational points that nobody disagreed with, yet somehow kept getting repeated as if argued. Just saying. The HD thing was all his own talk.
farnham said:
Yeah, that doesn't tell me much as I don't have a DS, only a (pretty damn good) PC, Wii and PSP.

spwolf

duckroll said:
I thought it's common knowledge that after I associated him with Hero of Legend the last time, he PM'd me with evidence that he sold his Wii and DS and bought 4 PS3s in different colors. He's a certified anti-Nintendo fanbot now. Serious!

we also sent him an PS3 and 10 PSPGo!s... (watch the numbers on PspGo! shoot up next week!)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
onken said:
Yeah scheulma your anti-Nintendo rants have gone on long enough!

Shut up Wii lover. You probably wear Iwata pajamas to bed don't you?

Don't deny it- I'm the one who gave them to you!

Xeke

Banned
I was laughed out of the thread for suggesting that maybe Nintendo just doesn't care about the domestic market like they used to. But that's what I see. They can sell more Wiis in December in NA than they can in Japan in a whole year.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hardware was steady for every console this week except for psp which went down a bit. Next week the streams will cross again for Wii and PS3 after 12 weeks of Wii on top (unless Everyone's Recommendation Selection rises Wii hardware sales, ha)

About Nintendo abondoning Wii...
It's obvious that they have really messed the release schedule for Q1 and a big period of Q2, but even then they have yet to announce what they will have for Golden Week and NSMBW holds Wii hardware well. Q3 and Q4 are strong again though, like last year, with Wii entering them at better position.

Agnates

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
Nice stealth edit:lol

Anyway, schuelma is probably right in that he won't last long. The more militant fanboys rarely do.
Keep your labels to yourself, I've done nothing to indicate fanboyism for any one company, I've discussed anything from PC, to PSP, multiplatform and Wii games, freeware and indie games in this forum. If you only enter topics like this for the heated "debates" and rampant speculation (which tends to only happen about the Wii really, regardless of anyone's alignment), that's your own problem. Though obviously I tend to lean on the platforms I do own, and PC discussion is nowhere near as prelevant as Wii around here. At least for the games that interest me.

duckroll

Golden week = DQMJ2 and Peace Walker. I don't expect any other serious contenders.

Agnates said:
Keep your labels to yourself, I've done nothing to indicate fanboyism for any one company, I've discussed anything from PC, to PSP, multiplatform and Wii games, freeware and indie games in this forum. If you only enter topics like this for the heated "debates" and rampant speculation, that's your own problem.

I'm going to start calling you doomed2 from now on. I hope you don't mind. If you do... too bad. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Agnates said:
Keep your labels to yourself, I've done nothing to indicate fanboyism for any one company, I've discussed anything from PC, to PSP, multiplatform and Wii games, freeware and indie games in this forum. If you only enter topics like this for the heated "debates" and rampant speculation (which tends to only happen about the Wii really, regardless of anyone's alignment), that's your own problem.
Your posts make me want to crap

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Agnates said:
Keep your labels to yourself, I've done nothing to indicate fanboyism for any one company, I've discussed anything from PC, to PSP, multiplatform and Wii games, freeware and indie games in this forum. If you only enter topics like this for the heated "debates" and rampant speculation (which tends to only happen about the Wii really, regardless of anyone's alignment), that's your own problem. Though obviously I tend to lean on the platforms I do own, and PC discussion is nowhere near as prelevant as Wii around here. At least for the games that interest me.
you're that guy who bumped an old ass s&p2 topic to post your wallpaper

you're dead to me

Agnates said:

You are pretty militant, and that shit will get you banned.

Agnates

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Might as well say you're not a gamer.
No, I'm not...
2cesmu0.jpg

velvet_nitemare said:
You are pretty militant, and that shit will get you banned.
Thanks for the warning kind moderatorer. O wait...

duckroll said:
I'm going to start calling you doomed2 from now on. I hope you don't mind. If you do... too bad. :lol
That depends, is he banned?

Agnates said:
Does it not have anything to do with "gamer" ? How could it have anything to do with DS, when I don't own one...
Hence, 'not a gamer'.

You're not very good at this 'logic' thing, are you.

duckroll

Okay let's all take a deep breath and lower the temperature around here.

Let's discuss the #1 game this week - God Eater. It's at about 400k now after 2 weeks, will it have the potential to overtake Phantasy Star Portable 1? It certainly proves that monster hunter clones with good production values DEFINITELY sell on the PSP though, and that Phantasy Star wasn't just a fluke. It'll be interesting to see how Multiraid 2 does in March especially imo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Judgement always comes swiftest in the M-C thread! :lol

So what exactly is this God Eater all about? It just snuck up on me! Should I be worried?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
duckroll said:
Okay let's all take a deep breath and lower the temperature around here.

Let's discuss the #1 game this week - God Eater. It's at about 400k now after 2 weeks, will it have the potential to overtake Phantasy Star Portable 1? It certainly proves that monster hunter clones with good production values DEFINITELY sell on the PSP though, and that Phantasy Star wasn't just a fluke. It'll be interesting to see how Multiraid 2 does in March especially imo.

I feel like GE is doing well and I was really impressed when someone (Kurosaki?) pulled a list of best-selling first IP installments and it ended up being really high up on the list. I was initially a little disappointed I guess because I bought into the demo download number hype and was expecting it to blast off a little quicker, but the second week sales are good and I'm certain it'll do well in the long haul.

No commentary on whether it'll beat PSPPSP1 or not because I haven't heard much about the game's quality or ongoing playability since that first post-release "lol infinite gold" coverage.

I really hope we get search back up soon. If a poster i recognize get's banned, i always look at their last few posts to see what they might have done

farnham

Banned
Man God said:

So what exactly is this God Eater all about? It just snuck up on me! Should I be worried?
i think its a game that aims to the monster hunter crowd ... so its a loot whoring game i guess

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Man God said:

It's a futuristic Monster Hunter with a storyline.
After seeing Shift pleased with more than one million downloads for the demo, I don't think it was all that surprising to see it do well.

Can't see it replicating it's relative success in America with D3 publishing though.

Fularu

Banned
BishopLamont said:
Sorry but your opinion is wrong.

At least you can sexually identify every single character in Grandia 2, not so much in FF XIII.

Fancy GFX don't make for a good art style.

Back to MC, I hope DQVI gets released soon, I've finished IV and V and I'd like to play VI before delving into IX :/ it's sales are quite good though, isn't it faring better than the other DS remakes?

jcm

Chris1964 said:
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallia Military Academy (Sega) - 101.282 / 101.282 / 73,00%
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallia Military Academy (Sega) - 22.608 / 123.890 / 81,00%
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallia Military Academy (Sega) - 8.446 / 132.336 / 86,40%
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 2: Gallia Military Academy (Sega) - 4.600 / 136.900 / 89,00%

Valkyria Chronicles 2 has yet to sell its first shipment.

Assuming those sellthrough percentages are correct, it did sell the first shipment and has been restocked. Week 1 percentage puts the initial shipment at 138.7K.

Fularu said:
At least you can sexually identify every single character in Grandia 2, not so much in FF XIII.

Fancy GFX don't make for a good art style.

Back to MC, I hope DQVI gets released soon, I've finished IV and V and I'd like to play VI before delving into IX :/ it's sales are quite good though, isn't it faring better than the other DS remakes?

...Which character in FFXIII looks androgynous to you, again?

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
I feel like GE is doing well and I was really impressed when someone (Kurosaki?) pulled a list of best-selling first IP installments and it ended up being really high up on the list. I was initially a little disappointed I guess because I bought into the demo download number hype and was expecting it to blast off a little quicker, but the second week sales are good and I'm certain it'll do well in the long haul.

No commentary on whether it'll beat PSPPSP1 or not because I haven't heard much about the game's quality or ongoing playability since that first post-release "lol infinite gold" coverage.

Yeah I think the initial hype had most of us thinking the game might burst through the gates with a first week of over 500k. Probably wasn't very realistic. As far as ongoing playability is concerned, I've been thinking about the "lol infinite gold" exploit and honestly I think it would have the least impact on the sort of game this is. The game is not online and there is no macro community, only many micro communities - like Monster Hunter Portable. This generally means that friends who know each other and play together would generally have their own rules instead of an exploit simply "ruining" an entire game community and economy.

We'll see how it performs over the course of the next month or two, but it certainly seems like Namco did something right this time. Shocking!

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
jcm said:
Assuming those sellthrough percentages are correct, it did sell the first shipment and has been restocked. Week 1 percentage puts the initial shipment at 138.7K.
You are right. It had an adittional shipment of 15k after its first week. The game is a huge success.

Top Bottom