• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 15 - 21

BrodiemanTTR said:
I've been had haven't I? :(

I just follow an old template for discernment:

Is the post stupid? Y/N

If Y, look at poster name and tag.

Does poster have a tag? Y/N

If Y: Is poster's tag positive or negative?

If positive: Sarcasm

If negative: Poster is being stupid. Again.

If neutral, or no tag, see below.

If N: Look at poster's screenname. Do you recognize poster? Y/N

If Y: Make judgement depending on what you know of poster's history.

If N: Is poster a Junior Member? Y/N

If Y: Assume the worst.

If N: Cannot be currently judged. Refrain from commenting and let someone else look stupid.

Have you seen it around? I sure haven't.

Having been much looking. I'm more interested in the localized one. If I ever see a copy lying around, I'll let you know.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So who's going to look at the archives and start picking out choice quotes. Im sure the usual SDF members have fantastic predictions that we can all get a good laugh from. Haven't seen SSX post in a while ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/t...&en=abfe801e062926c3&ei=5094&partner=homepage

SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 30 — Some of the video game industry’s smartest minds thought that couch potatoes wanted richer graphics and more challenging virtual worlds. It turns out that a lot of potatoes simply wanted to get off the couch.

That may be the best explanation for the growing popularity of the Nintendo Wii, the new video game system that has players jumping, punching and swinging, giving them an aerobic workout right in front of their television sets

Taurus

Martoo said:
ship.jpg
Oh my god. I just realised what you were trying to say with that picture. Silly me. :lol :lol

ziran

bloke said:
From http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10024609962.html

PS2 GTASA ~200k
NDS DQMJ ~100k
NDS S Taisen ~80k
NDS Picross ~70k
NDS Hotel Dusk ~60k
360 Idolmaster ~25k

DSL ~200k
360 ~7k
DarkMehm said:
some more numbers:

PS3 ~20k
Wii ~80k

Enchanted Arms 15k
Wii Sports LTD >900k
decent numbers for all the ds sw there. hotel dusk will probably sell over 100k, which is good. amazing ds and wii sales, and wii sports should pass a million in a couple of weeks.

Just made this graph:
Compare Wii w/ GC & N64 at this point in their lives (weeks lined-up):
375629188_a0c08155b8_o.png

Wii may be even tracking ahead of the SFC (they were both released about the same time)!! Once I get more Famitsu data I may be able to add some rough weekly SFC numbers...

*N64 figures may still be too low. Even Famitsu's revised figures don't seem high enough...

Joe Molotov

Pureauthor said:

Is the post stupid? Y/N

If N: Cannot be currently judged. Refrain from commenting and let someone else look stupid.

Having been much looking. I'm more interested in the localized one. If I ever see a copy lying around, I'll let you know.

Nice tag. :lol

that graph makes no damn sense. "Wii LTD by 2nd Sep"? what? it hasn't had a first September yet. On top of that, if it's only just over 1 million by the second September I'd say Nintendo has a major bomb here.

bune duggy said:
that graph makes no damn sense. "Wii LTD by 2nd Sep"? what? it hasn't had a first September yet. On top of that, if it's only just over 1 million by the second September I'd say Nintendo has a major bomb here.
It's just the Wii's current LTD including that 80k just posted.
I'm working on another right now. Excel 07 beta has alotta glitches so its really difficult working w/ graphs.

I think those are good first week sales for Hotel Dusk. It might be one of those things like Brain Training, where word of mouth gives it a healthy run in the charts. I can see a lot of Japanese "non-gamers" falling in love with the concept of an "interactive mystery novel" and then telling all their friends about it.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
miguel_c_hammer said:
I think those are good first week sales for Hotel Dusk. It might be one of those things like Brain Training, where word of mouth gives it a healthy run in the charts. I can see a lot of Japanese "non-gamers" falling in love with the concept of an "interactive mystery novel" and then telling all their friends about it.

Yeah, I could see it doing 250-300k if it really catches on.

enishi

Another notes from Sinobi data:
the 100k this week are all of the stock that SE can provide until mid of Feb, i.e. we won't see DQMJ on chart for next 2 weeks; And the next shipment is on March.....

Also, Sengoshi Taisen, Picross and Hotel Dust are all in shortage... seems that shortage of new DS games is becoming standard now......

*Give me a copy of Sengoshi Taisen, Sega!! I want to play it now!!!!!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
More numbres from 2ch...from MC chart!

40 Wii Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 8000 86000 64
43 DS Final Fantasy III 6500 970000 89
So, DQMJ sold around 7k the week January 15-21..

ziran

enishi said:
the 100k this week are all of the stock that SE can provide until mid of Feb, i.e. we won't see DQMJ on chart for next 2 weeks; And the next shipment is on March.....

Also, Sengoshi Taisen, Picross and Hotel Dust are all in shortage... seems that shortage of new DS games is becoming standard now......

sounds like ds game manufacturing is running at maximum and still can't keep up!

it's nice to see 3rd party sales estimates being surpassed so early in a game's life.

enishi said:
way to kill potential sales...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Magicpaint said:
Daaamn, looks like software shortages is quickly becoming a norm for the DS just like hardware.

dmn nintendo should just build some new factories... -.-

after ff3 ...now dqm:j... se must be pissed.....

Haunted

Pureauthor said:

Is the post stupid? Y/N

Needs to be quoted again for awesomeness. :lol :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm completely satisfied with Hotel Dusk's numbers. It's going to do better than Another Code and probably reach 150 to 200K lifetime at least, a very good number for the type of game it is.

Instead of debuting at 30k and below, DS titles are starting to debut at over 50kThis is good.

DQM am 1 million

I am curious as to how NSMB, ACWW and Zelda TP are doing. Hopefully all > than Brain Age 2, but the first two is sufficient

enishi said:

I can't believe i'm saying this....

They literally can't make the games fast enough.

NintendosBooger said:
I don't understand. Are the DQM:J shortages the direct fault of Nintendo or Square-Enix?

Well, there's retail orders which you have to factor in. I don't think Square-Enix is at fault here. They ask for a specific amount of cards to be printed depending on what retail order is like, then subsequently it's up to Nintendo how many cards they can afford S-E and/or how many S-E requests for depending on demand, and it seems right now there's difficulty in producing enough cards to satiate demand, so at the moment, it's probably Nintendo's fault here.

farnham

Banned
GTA SA finally released..?

poor japanese people

anyway is the voice acting all in japanese for this version..?

(getto slang in Japanese..? maybe osaka accent..?)

LOCK

Well clearly there is a demand for DQMJ, so this is just crazy that they may not get no more shipments in the next two weeks. :/

:/

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
cvxfreak said:
Do I have a right to laugh if Dragon Ball Z Wii (a PS2 port) outsells every PS3 game? :lol

No. It's the kinda thing that makes an objective individual reveling in the failure of one over the other a little less believable. And DBZ Wii got fantastic reviews with the added control, and the PS3 hasn't had one real system seller yet.

Read: keep your laughs on the inside. It's fairly obvious in my eyes how the PS3 will continue to do until serious price cuts and serious releases are made, but there's no need to lose control over it, nor make people that have an emotional investment in Sony feel any worse.

cvxfreak

PantherLotus said:
No. It's the kinda thing that makes an objective individual reveling in the failure of one over the other a little less believable. And DBZ Wii got fantastic reviews with the added control, and the PS3 hasn't had one real system seller yet.

Read: keep your laughs on the inside. It's fairly obvious in my eyes how the PS3 will continue to do until serious price cuts and serious releases are made, but there's no need to lose control over it, nor make people that have an emotional investment in Sony feel any worse.

:( You're right.

Taurus

cvxfreak said:
Do I have a right to laugh if Dragon Ball Z Wii (a PS2 port) outsells every PS3 game? :lol
Sure. It may be even possible that DBZ Wii numbers > all PS3 titles combined last week. :)

P.s Your avatar rocks :lol

I don't know, what deserves more credit: throwing a bunch of numbers into Excel and having it spit out a graph, or adding that nice gradient?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
MrSardonic said:
please don't blatantly steal my chart, add a pacman eye, repost it, and then pass it off as your own efforts

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5419171&postcount=647

I think now would be a good time to stop. I mean, in the same ****ing post you basically took my format for posting the next-gen totals, including the logos, the color, and the placement...that I had been doing for weeks now, (8 weeks exactly)but did you see me bitch about it? GTFO with that "this is my creation" bullshit.

You didn't invent pacman, you didn't invent the numbers, you didn't invent shit and you do the same thing that this guy did but posted first with the graph in this thread? Get over yourself. If you want a better looking chart do it yourself.

There's nothing original about your charts. Nothing. If you really want to shine try analyzing a bit.

=============================

Edit: *although I must say it's fairly blatant. He didn't even use his own excel sheet! He just resized yours. Forgive me for my outburst but please know that you aren't exactly original here, but I can see why you'd be upset. I'll leave this post as a way to pimp my own charts, as that's what we all are really getting at. ;)

Top Bottom