• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 8 - 14

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cheesemeister said:
pac-list2.gif
:lol Nice cherry.

sphinx

the piano man
haircut said:
Or ready to get full into new-gen?

EDIT: I don't mean for this to seem like a garbage post. I just think the assumption that Japan's lack of interest in last-gen software indicates they're ready to jump into what GAF considers next-gen is problematic.

would japanese react to killer PS3 software? I am not sure anymore.

There is something that fundamentally hinders PS3 penetration and that is the price, I believe.

will final fantasy 13 sell 2 million in its first week, as usual for a numeric FF title??

MGS:pO remains that rare thing, a PSP title showing some legs. well deserved and should be celebrated.

Nintendo continue to dominate ridiculously.

what is going on with ps3 the software sales? it's really pretty shocking.

Red Blaster said:
No noteworthy releases (that the Japanese give two shites about) I'd wager.
in all honesty, has that ever stopped a system at launch before?

the line up isn't great, but you'd think a game like genji with good graphics would sell at launch. you'd think ridge racer 7 would be tearing up the charts... at least i would.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
You forgot the name of the month in the title, cvx :lol

Last year's chart:

OFFICIAL, UNROUNDED:

1. NDS Brain Training 2 - 141,307 (845,885)
2. NDS Animal Crossing DS - 50,032 (1,565,251)
3. NDS Brain Training - 49,774 (1,321,504)
4. NDS Mario Kart DS - 39,182 (990,369)
5. PS2 Gun Parade Orchestra - 35,709 NEW
6. PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 34,937 (377,138)
7. PS2 Kingdom Hearts II - 32,880 (1,000,509)
8. NDS Mario & Luigi 2 - 29,639 (260,799)
9. NDS Gentle Brain Exercises - 25,780 (1,023,979)
10. NDS Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop! - 24,550 (870,921)

PSP 57,686
DS 54,284
PS2 39,076
GBASP 9,982
GBM 6,341
Xbox360 6,107
GC 5,465
GBA 233
Xbox 119

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81698

haircut

sphinx said:
would japanese react to killer PS3 software? I am not sure anymore.

There is something that fundamentally hinders PS3 penetration and that is the price, I believe.

will final fantasy 13 sell 2 million in its first week, as usual for a numeric FF title??
Price, lack of a killer app, lack of cute, quickly-played games focusing on simple tasks.

My guess is that it will begrudgingly move PS3's... but not with those kind of sales. This hinges on the assumption that there won't be a drastic price cut before then.

duderon said:
You forgot the name of the month in the title, cvx :lol

Last year's chart:

OFFICIAL, UNROUNDED:

1. NDS Brain Training 2 - 141,307 (845,885)
2. NDS Animal Crossing DS - 50,032 (1,565,251)
3. NDS Brain Training - 49,774 (1,321,504)
4. NDS Mario Kart DS - 39,182 (990,369)
5. PS2 Gun Parade Orchestra - 35,709 NEW
6. PSP Monster Hunter Portable - 34,937 (377,138)
7. PS2 Kingdom Hearts II - 32,880 (1,000,509)
8. NDS Mario & Luigi 2 - 29,639 (260,799)
9. NDS Gentle Brain Exercises - 25,780 (1,023,979)
10. NDS Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop! - 24,550 (870,921)

PSP 57,686
DS 54,284
PS2 39,076
GBASP 9,982
GBM 6,341
Xbox360 6,107
GC 5,465
GBA 233
Xbox 119

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81698

Lol i seen that psp sales were ahead of the DS and i knew that something was up.. sure enough it was last year. Nintendo has come a long way with the DS in the last year in seperating their DS from the psp.

insane sales for mario.. 4 million wow

Mar

plagiarize said:
you'd think ridge racer 7 would be tearing up the charts... at least i would.

Me too. RR7 might not be a revolutionary leap in the series. But it certainly is a AAA IP that should be setting the console on fire in Japan. The fact that we never see it in the top 30 is rather alarming. At least for Sony.

jj984jj

edwardslane said:
Lol i seen that psp sales were ahead of the DS and i knew that something was up.. sure enough it was last year. Nintendo has come a long way with the DS in the last year in seperating their DS from the psp.

insane sales for mario.. 4 million wow
The only reason PSP is ahead on that chart is because of shortages.

RaijinFY

Martoo said:
Me too. RR7 might not be a revolutionary leap in the series. But it certainly is a AAA IP that should be setting the console on fire in Japan. The fact that we never see it in the top 30 is rather alarming. At least for Sony.

Well It's around ~100k (with Gundam).
Btw, I'm a little surprised at the decent performance of Resistance which managed to sell ~75k.

I just think the japanese gaming market is going through a colossal shift in gaming tastes and somehow Nintendo managed to hit that dead on.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Dalthien said:
Through December, the Wii version is about 1.8 million worldwide. In Japan (through Jan 14), it is about 350k.

Thanks. So that's only for the Wii version? Which means if we combine the GC versions, it could be a bit over 2.5 million WW? Fookin awesome!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
If true, I'd be one of those 10-20K people that didn't buy Wii Sports with the Japanese Wii. :p
So how many Wii's will you end up owning in total? :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Depends on what Capcom decides to do this gen with RE. :p

*prays for Umbrella Chronicles bundle*
I heard there will be two different limited edition Wii's for that. Capcom wants to bankrupt you.

Brak

So is this officially one full year of DS shortages or did that happen last week?

Either way... HOLY SHIT!

Pellham

Banned
Soul4ger said:
Wow, Dragon Quest Monsters already almost at a million. I'm shocked at Square Enix's betrayal, after a performance like that.

two new PSP games that are remakes constitutes a betrayal?

justchris

Wyndstryker said:
I just think the japanese gaming market is going through a colossal shift in gaming tastes and somehow Nintendo managed to hit that dead on.

Nintendo is a Japanese company. I think they were just more focused on the Japanese market and what was wrong with it, which is what led them in the direction they're going. And now they're trying to push the rest of the world in the same direction Japan is already going.

Derps

Banned
Seeing MGS constantly up there makes me question Square's stupidity at not making more exclusive PSP games

jj984jj

Brak said:
So is this officially one full year of DS shortages or did that happen last week?

Either way... HOLY SHIT!
It's been a year, but Nintendo wasn't doing it on purpose back then, then they started to do it on purpose by only shipping about 150K a week up until the holidays.

Derps said:
Seeing MGS constantly up there makes me question Square's stupidity at not making more exclusive PSP games
Because they are making a lot more on DS games?

thefro

Yep, and furthermore, even if PSP and DS games sold the same amounts, development costs are cheaper on DS because of the limited hardware.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Derps said:
why would they? their games are selling on the DS

*looks at DQM:J and FF3* yeah stupidity :lol

Link1110

CoolTrick said:
Anyone notice this?

6. (DS, Nintendo) More Brain Age - 32,865 / 3,838,652
7. (DS, Nintendo) Animal Crossing Wild World - 32,864 / 3,876,696

Someone here should've imported AC, just to see what would happen if there were a tie. :D

Top Bottom