• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: July 12-18

duckroll said:
Nope, the development for the game was extended, but since they never announced a release date to begin with there is no official delay. The game is still slated for a 2010 release, it was probably just pushed from Fall to year end.
Chris1964 said:
The trailer says 2010. If there is a big third party title for Wii that has somes chances to come out this year it is Inazuma Eleven.
schuelma said:
I think there was an or blog post where Sakaguchi said development was a bit delayed, but as far as I know Nintendo is still calling it a 2010 release.
Ah, I see. Thanks.

So out of the listed games from Nintendo, would Kirby be the biggest potential seller?
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Nirolak said:
Ah, I see. Thanks.

So out of the listed games from Nintendo, would Kirby be the biggest potential seller?

I would guess so? I dunno, looks pretty dire to me, but I've largely been thinking that for a while now. :lol
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
duckroll said:
I really don't think that is the case. Level 5 is pretty on the ball with giving their games a decent marketing campaign before release. With only 5 months remaining this year, I doubt any other Level 5 title will make it out of Japan this year other than Ninokuni.
I give it some chances for the possibility Level 5 wants the Wii version to go along the movie.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,409
2
0
duckroll said:
I really don't think that is the case. Level 5 is pretty on the ball with giving their games a decent marketing campaign before release. With only 5 months remaining this year, I doubt any other Level 5 title will make it out of Japan this year other than Ninokuni.

Since Layton 5 is a 3DS game i wonder if it will be a launch window game or they will take their time and wait a lil bit for the userbase to grow on 3ds... would be the first year since 06 without a new main line layton game i think.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Chris1964 said:
The trailer says 2010. If there is a big third party title for Wii that has somes chances to come out this year it is Inazuma Eleven.

Hmm.. I fully concede its possible, but given we know nothing about the game other than a screen shot or two and that its for the Wii, I find a full unveiling and 2010 release pretty unlikely.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
duckroll said:
I really don't think that is the case. Level 5 is pretty on the ball with giving their games a decent marketing campaign before release. With only 5 months remaining this year, I doubt any other Level 5 title will make it out of Japan this year other than Ninokuni.
What about Cardboard Senki? L5 confirmed the 2010 release date last month and the anime should start this year.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Nirolak said:
I would like to add Level 5's track record in getting games out the door as another reason it's unlikely.
Inazuma Eleven 3 was officially announced February 10 and dated March 28.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
cw_sasuke said:
Since Layton 5 is a 3DS game i wonder if it will be a launch window game or they will take their time and wait a lil bit for the userbase to grow on 3ds... would be the first year since 06 without a new main line layton game i think.
I'm 100% sure the game is a launch 3DS game. The only question is whether the 3DS will launch at the end of the year, or early next year.
 
Chris1964 said:
Inazuma Eleven 3 was officially announced February 10 and dated March 28.
Let me amend my statement.

I would like to add Level 5's track record of finishing games that aren't sequels on the same system as the previous game as another reason it's unlikely.

This factor tends to be magnified with the less we have heard about a title.

I concede that it could come out this year, but I would be fairly surprised.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
Spiegel said:
What about Cardboard Senki? L5 confirmed the 2010 release date last month and the anime should start this year.
It's not going to happen imo. There's almost no way the anime can start this year. All broadcasting slots go by seasons. The only season left this year is Fall which starts in October. There is no TV station, staff or any sort of details about the TV series even now. If the August anime magazines don't have any info on it, then it's not airing in October. Which means the earliest it can start is Jan 2011.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Has the date for Level 5 Vision 2010 announced? If there are any other games scheduled for this year they should be announced there.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
Chris1964 said:
Has the date for Level 5 Vision 2010 announced? If there are any other games scheduled for this year they should be announced there.
Maybe they won't have one this year.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
duckroll said:
I'm 100% sure the game is a launch 3DS game. The only question is whether the 3DS will launch at the end of the year, or early next year.
We found the date for 3DS then

15/02/07 [NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village
29/11/07 [NDS] Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
27/11/08 [NDS] Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
26/11/09 [NDS] Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny

25/11/10 [3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

NDS: 02/12/04
WII: 02/12/06
3DS: 27/11/10 or 04/12/10

If I remember correctly 27/11/10 is also azalyn's prediction for 3DS release date.
With nothing big announced for next year 3DS should be out this year.
 

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
17,232
3
0
Set aside nothing big announced for next year, has anything for DS been announced for next year in Japan? I can't think of a single title. I mean, obviously plenty of annualized / licensed garbage is going to be released for years to come, but I honestly can't think of a single DS game I've heard of that has a 2011 Japanese release date.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Stumpokapow said:
Set aside nothing big announced for next year, has anything for DS been announced for next year in Japan? I can't think of a single title. I mean, obviously plenty of annualized / licensed garbage is going to be released for years to come, but I honestly can't think of a single DS game I've heard of that has a 2011 Japanese release date.
No, Nintendo has everything for 2010 (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem) and there isn't any third party release for 2011.
There will obviously be baseball, football and licenced games for next year.
Fantasy Life and Mystery Room from Level 5 are TBA.
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
I'm getting my predictions in later, But I really feel like we are underrating Metal max 3...
Like with FE, Shinobi posted sales for the series: http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10598379925.html

1991-05 FC Metal Max - 150,000
1993-03 SFC Metal Max 2 - 250,000
1995-09 SFC Metal Max Returns - 30,000
2003-06 GBA Metal Max Kai - 20,000
2005-06 PS2 Metal Saga - 80,000
2006-06 NDS Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu - 20,000


Although, we have different numbers for the PS2 entry.
 
Jun 7, 2007
5,721
46
1,240
Road said:
Like with FE, Shinobi posted sales for the series: http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/entry-10598379925.html

1991-05 FC Metal Max - 150,000
1993-03 SFC Metal Max 2 - 250,000
1995-09 SFC Metal Max Returns - 30,000
2003-06 GBA Metal Max Kai - 20,000
2005-06 PS2 Metal Saga - 80,000
2006-06 NDS Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu - 20,000


Although, we have different numbers for the PS2 entry.
Very cool that shinobi publishes FC & SFC - data now. :)
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
Metal Saga is not part of the Metal Max series. It's more like a homage to it by completely different developers. It would be like considering Gunner's Heaven to be part of the Gunstar Heroes franchise.
 

Orgen

Member
Aug 4, 2005
2,174
0
1,125
Predictions

[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 74.000
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 81.000
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 93.000
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 126.000
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Captain Smoker said:
Very cool that shinobi publishes FC & SFC - data now. :)
Sinobi must have many old Famitsu magazines. Let's hope this continues. There are many upcoming titles with missing numbers of the series for GB, NES, SNES and MD.

Tetris
Metroid (many titles are missing here)
Dragon Ball
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Sonic (believe)
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
1
0
Predictions

[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 25K
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 135K
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 35K
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 115K
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Atari Sees A 65 Percent Sales Decline for Fiscal Q1 2010

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/atari-sees-a-65-percent-decline-in-net-revenue-for-fiscal-q1-2010/

Today, Atari released their results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2010 to 2011, ended June 30. The company reported net revenues of €19.3 million ($24.9 million), versus €54.5 million ($70.3 million) for the same period last year. This represents a 65 percent decline at the current exchange rate, but remained in line with Atari's expectations for the quarter.

The first quarter only saw one major release, Sandlot Sluggers, as opposed to two mainstream licensed titles last year, Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. Retail revenue dropped to €10.9 million ($14 million) this quarter, with the company taking €42 million ($54.2 million) at retail in the prior year.

Online revenue was up, increasing in amount and percentage of the company's total revenue. Star Trek Online and Champions Online brought in €8.4 million ($10.8 million) for the quarter, an increase of €6.4 million ($8.2 million) over the previous year. Overall, the company's decision to publish Cryptic's online games bore fruit, with online revenue accounting for 44 percent of total net revenue, versus 4 percent last year.

For the rest of the year, Atari is sticking by its previous forecast and expects “considerable improvement” over the next few quarters. The company expects to release two marquee sequels, Test Drive Unlimited 2 and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, over the course of the year. Haunted House will be shipping for the Wii, Xbox Live Arcade, and the PC on September 21, 2010. Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush will be released for Xbox 360, Wii, PC, and DS on October 26, 2010. Atari also intends to release a number of games based on its classic brands for XBLA, PlayStation Network, PC, and social networks.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Comgnet report: 19/07/10-25/07/10

01. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 132pt (193pt)
02. [PSP] Fate/Extra (Marvelous Entertainment) - 126pt
03. [WII] Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Victory (Square Enix) - 83pt (390pt)
04. [PSP] Fate/Extra (Limited Edition) (Marvelous Entertainment) - 80pt
05. [NDS] Quiz! Hexagon II (Bandai Namco) - 62pt
06. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami) - 59pt (265pt)
07. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Dororon! Battle With the Ghouls!! (Bandai Namco) - 50pt (48pt)
08. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami) - 49pt (115pt)
09. [PSP] Last Ranker (Capcom) - 45pt (163pt)
10. [PS3] White Knight Chronicles: Awakening of Light and Darkness (SCE) - 44pt (104pt)
11. [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX: Kessen! Real 6 Chouka (Takara Tomy) - 43pt
12. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Marvelous Entertainment) - 40pt (57pt)
13. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) - 36pt (32pt)
14. [NDS] Digimon Story: Lost Evolution (Bandai Namco) - 36pt (62pt)
15. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark (Level 5) - 36pt (44pt)
16. [NDS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow (Nintendo) - 35pt (297pt)
17. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Bomber (Level 5) - 32pt (43pt)
18. [PSP] Momotaro Railway Tag Match: Friendship - Cooperation - Winning Volume! (Hudson) - 30pt (53pt)
19. [NDS] Kaidan Restaurant: Ura Menu 100-Sen (Bandai Namco) - 30pt (-)
20. [PS3] Class of Heroes 2G (Acquire) - 24pt

Don't try to extrapolate numbers from this sample
 

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aug 30, 2005
22,609
0
0
33
Toronto, ON
Predictions:
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 36k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 145k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 27k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 98k
 

u_neek

Junior Member
Jun 9, 2004
5,363
0
0
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 65k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 160k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 45k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 195k
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,409
2
0
Predictions:
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 56k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 125k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 37k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 165k
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,490
Predictions
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 60k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 195k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 40k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 155k
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
Predictions:
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 55k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 165k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 50k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 175k
 

slaughterking

Member
Jun 4, 2006
10,628
0
0
twitter.com
[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 35k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 135k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 32k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 129k
 

Jokeropia

Member
May 15, 2006
6,556
0
0
BishopLamont said:
I'm not talking about hardware, I pointed that out in my first post. A popular handheld selling more than a popular console isn't exactly surprising.
A popular console selling more software than a popular handheld is equally unsurprising. Also, if at least three people thought you were referring to hardware, maybe you weren't clear enough.
 

BishopLamont

Banned
Apr 22, 2007
7,422
0
0
Jokeropia said:
A popular console selling more software than a popular handheld is equally unsurprising. Also, if at least three people thought you were referring to hardware, maybe you weren't clear enough.
Does being portable somehow make people buy less software? I was clear enough, its not my problem, its you guys jumping on throats.
 

Jokeropia

Member
May 15, 2006
6,556
0
0
BishopLamont said:
Does being portable somehow make people buy less software?
Yes, all portables (in history) have notably lower tie-ratios than all consoles. (DS has in fact the highest I can think of.) One reason for this could be that people get personal handhelds and have several in a single household, which is comparatively uncommon with home consoles.
BishopLamont said:
I was clear enough, its not my problem, its you guys jumping on throats.
Well, one would think that "clear enough" would be defined as "clear enough for people to not misunderstand", but I don't know what your intention was.
 

BishopLamont

Banned
Apr 22, 2007
7,422
0
0
Jokeropia said:
Yes, all portables (in history) have notably lower tie-ratios than all consoles. (DS has in fact the highest I can think of.) One reason for this could be that people get personal handhelds and have several in a single household, which is comparatively uncommon with home consoles.
Well, one would think that "clear enough" would be defined as "clear enough for people to not misunderstand", but I don't know what your intention was.
I think it has more to do with handhelds not getting the support like consoles do, which is my "intention" all along.

In Japan yes, but not quite worldwide, at this point the DS sells more hardware units but software the PS2 is in the lead, the PS2 was still receiving major software support at this point and for years to come, the DS on the other hand is going to receive much less support, I don't think it can keep selling much longer, let alone surpass the PS2.
I don't know how to be much more clearer then that. Would you like me to underline and bold it next time instead?
 

Jokeropia

Member
May 15, 2006
6,556
0
0
BishopLamont said:
I think it has more to do with handhelds not getting the support like consoles do, which is my "intention" all along.
Hmm, I dunno. Wii has a significantly better tie-ratio than DS (and will most assuredly pass it in total software sales eventually), and I don't think it has gotten significantly better support. Even in Japan, where the handhelds this generation have definitely gotten some major support, their tie-ratios are lower than traditional home console tie-ratios. Now the consoles this generation are faring worse than they have in the past, but even so the Wii has passed the PSP in total software sales despite smaller installed base and generally weaker support. This might say a bit about the strength of Nintendo as a publisher, but I think the traditionally weaker handheld tie-ratios is a factor as well.

In conclusion, I would say that greater software support for the handhelds would probably improve their tie-ratios, but not to the same level as the home consoles.
BishopLamont said:
I don't know how to be much more clearer then that. Would you like me to underline and bold it next time instead?
Well for me personally, it was the "I don't think it can keep selling much longer, let alone surpass the PS2" that smelled like hardware to me. (As if you were saying that DS weaker software support would prevent it from selling [hardware] for as long as the PS2 and thus fail to catch up.) I thought it was a somewhat ambiguous statement, and responded just to be on the safe side. Anyway, no harm done.
 

BishopLamont

Banned
Apr 22, 2007
7,422
0
0
Jokeropia said:
Hmm, I dunno. Wii has a significantly better tie-ratio than DS (and will most assuredly pass it in total software sales eventually), and I don't think it has gotten significantly better support. Even in Japan, where the handhelds this generation have definitely gotten some major support, their tie-ratios are lower than traditional home console tie-ratios. Now the consoles this generation are faring worse than they have in the past, but even so the Wii has passed the PSP in total software sales despite smaller installed base and generally weaker support. This might say a bit about the strength of Nintendo as a publisher, but I think the traditionally weaker handheld tie-ratios is a factor as well.

In conclusion, I would say that greater software support for the handhelds would probably improve their tie-ratios, but not to the same level as the home consoles.
The Wii has the benefit of multiplatform games that sell a good amount in the west, compared to the DS (things like star wars, guitar hero, lego etc etc). Now its not much, but its better support than the DS. I don't think we should even discuss the PSP, its never sold alot of software anywhere, even in Japan. The DS' userbase is staggering in Japan, using tie-ratio doesn't much sense, its the prime example of good support amounting to great sales. You gotta also remember, even though the DS has alot of support, its still nothing compared to the PS2, the traditional segment of gamers who buy a ton of software is splintered this gen, that didn't exist in the PS2 era.

I don't agree to your conclusion simply for the fact that the DS proves otherwise in Japan, can it happen worldwide? We don't know yet, not until a handheld receives proper support from the industry.
Well for me personally, it was the "I don't think it can keep selling much longer, let alone surpass the PS2" that smelled like hardware to me. (As if you were saying that DS weaker software support would prevent it from selling [hardware] for as long as the PS2 and thus fail to catch up.) I thought it was a somewhat ambiguous statement, and responded just to be on the safe side. Anyway, no harm done.
Ah ok, I see how you can be mistaken.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Predictions

[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 45.678
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 167.890
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 56.789
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 156.789
 

Jokeropia

Member
May 15, 2006
6,556
0
0
BishopLamont said:
The Wii has the benefit of multiplatform games that sell a good amount in the west, compared to the DS (things like star wars, guitar hero, lego etc etc). Now its not much, but its better support than the DS.
Doesn't the DS get most of these games as well? Heck, it even receives some multiplatform games the Wii doesn't.
BishopLamont said:
The DS' userbase is staggering in Japan, using tie-ratio doesn't much sense, its the prime example of good support amounting to great sales. You gotta also remember, even though the DS has alot of support, its still nothing compared to the PS2, the traditional segment of gamers who buy a ton of software is splintered this gen, that didn't exist in the PS2 era.
Ok, but I don't think the DS ever reached a normal home console tie-ratio even when it had a smaller installed base. In fact, even the Gamecube had a better tie-ratio.

Japan has shown that a handheld can be the #1 software selling system when it receives strong support (and the home consoles are comparatively shunned by the market), but I definitely believe that there are some inherent qualities of handhelds that prevent them from selling as much software per system as a home console. So hypothetically, if 3DS gets massive worldwide support I think it could pass PS2 in total software sales, but it would do so with a significantly larger installed base.
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Predictions

[NDS] Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride Card Battle Taisen (Bandai Namco) - 39k
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2 (Sega) - 216k
[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 36k
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom) - 135K
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Famitsu top 10: 19/07/10-25/07/10

01. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo)
02. [PSP] Fate/Extra (Marvelous Entertainment)
03. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (Level 5)
04. [WII] Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Victory (Square Enix)
05. [NDS] Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow (Nintendo)
06. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami)
07. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (Konami)
08. [PSP] Last Ranker (Capcom)
09. [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX: Kessen! Real 6 Chouka (Takara Tomy)
10. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Dororon! Battle With the Ghouls!! (Bandai Namco)
 

Cosmonaut X

Member
Jun 5, 2006
9,604
0
0
Scotland
duckroll said:
DQMBRV minor bomba?
Looks like it, but worth waiting for numbers and seeing what happens in the next week or so. Not holding out much hope though, and I don't think we're going to be seeing DQS Part 2 here.

Wii Party looks like it's holding well (again, wait to see numbers), and Fire Emblem looks like it could have a reasonable second week.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
cw_sasuke said:
So much for reaching DQS LTD sales.

It should at least reach + 250KLTD.

It should reach 300k+ (thanks to megadiscounts and bargain bins) because the first shipment was 340k