• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 28-July 4

duckroll

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
not that I think it will help sales too much but,

The Biohazard 5 bundle isn't too shabby, Basically move with a 1,000 yen Biohazard 5 thrown in.

「バイオハザード5 Alternative Edition スペシャルパック」希望小売価格 7,980円(税込)

Sure, it's a good deal for those who didn't get the game the first time, and the second time. Otherwise it's a game which most people who are interested in already own, and have already completed.

Road

duckroll said:
It's a report of what retailers are saying about certain retail trends. It's too bad the rest is cut off, but the first line is basically saying that WKC2 is selling well, and some of the people buying it on the first day have also pre-ordered Sengoku Basara 3.
I think he meant the last column on the table?

Seems to be those Famitsu predictions we had a while ago (in 10 thousands, I assume):

Wii Party - 1,200,000 ~
WKC2 - 200,000 ~
Harvest Moon - 100,000 ~
Crackdown 2 - 20,000 ~

From the range, I guess final totals and not first shipment.

duckroll

Road said:

Seems to be those Famitsu predictions we had a while ago (in 10 thousands, I assume):

Wii Party - 1,200,000 ~
WKC2 - 200,000 ~
Harvest Moon - 100,000 ~
Crackdown 2 - 20,000 ~

Oh, my bad. It says "landing prediction" so yeah I think those are their predictions for LTD.

GT5 not going to do much in Japan maybe a bump for 2 or 3 weeks at most.
It should do great in Europe in fact i think GT5 in Europe going to out sell both NA and Japan combine.

Not bad for WKC 2 , still i see it selling worst than the first .
Wonder if the 2 rpgs cut into each other .

I don't think the 3ds going change MC much just going to be how much it can sell a week while making everything else look bad .
Going to getting boring after a few weeks.

Still in matter of 10 years Japan not going mean anything to game companies it has serious population issues they have to work out .
Which not only hurts gaming but everything else.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
No one translated first day sales yet?

[PS3] White Knight Chronicles: Awakening of Light and Darkness (SCE) - 107.655 / 56,60%
[WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 52.242 / 19,40%
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Marvelous Entertainment) - 39.464 / 42,60%
[360] Crackdown 2 (Microsoft Game Studios) - 10.777 / 62,20%
[WII] Wii Party (Remote Set: Pink) (Nintendo) - 8.982 / 32,90%
[WII] Wii Party (Remote Set: White) (Nintendo) - 5.479 / 19,80%
[PS2] Hana to Otome ni Shukufuku o: Harekaze no Okurimono (Alchemist) - 1.556 / 55,30%
[PS3] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) - 1.515 / 16,10%
[PS2] Hana to Otome ni Shukufuku o: Harekaze no Okurimono (Limited Edition) (Alchemist) - 1.392 / 53,90%
[PSP] The Conveni Portable (Hamster) - 1.249 / 13,30%
[NDS] Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive) - 853 / 7,50%
[360] Dead to Rights: Retribution (Bandai Namco) - 646 / 17,20%

Road said:

Wii Party - 1,200,000 ~
WKC2 - 200,000 ~
Harvest Moon - 100,000 ~
Crackdown 2 - 20,000 ~

I thought Famitsu stopped doing that after last year's fiasco with many of their predictions.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Wii Party might be the top selling of this week after all if it has the usual legs of Nintendo's Wii_ games.

Dead to Rights: Retribution sales are going according to B-N plan. Next worldwide million seller confirmed.

Is that the real boxshot of Other M I see at amazon.jp? It couldn't be worse.

Busaiku

That doesn't look too good for Wii Party, but I'm not sure of the first days for Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, etc.
They did have pretty good first weeks though.

noobie

Banned
Aru said:
Good numbers for WKC2.

btw why everyone is saying good numbers for WKC2.? isnt doing less than the first is kind of a failure at some level. ? plus second game usually have shorter legs... so i wander if it will even do like 300k

i wander how anyone can appreciate that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Busaiku said:
That doesn't look too good for Wii Party, but I'm not sure of the first days for Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, etc.

Wii Party will be fine.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
noobie said:
btw why everyone is saying good numbers for WKC2.? isnt doing less than the first is kind of a failure at some level. ? plus second game usually have shorter legs... so i wander if it will even do like 300k.
300k is a very high number for an RPG with an opening day 108k. 250k looks like a possible LTD.

noobie

Banned
Chris1964 said:
300k is a very high number for an RPG with an opening day 108k. 250k looks like a possible LTD.
but didnt the original did over 300k? i thought the new one with improvement all around will easily surpass the original Lifetime sales..

cvxfreak

That Famitsu leak says that a lot of people buying WKC2 are pre-ordering Sengoku Basara 3. Strange connection.

The Biohazard 5 AE bundle will be the Move's premier software for a week or two. I think it'll sell well, adding maybe 20 - 30% to the game's LTD.

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
That Famitsu leak says that a lot of people buying WKC2 are pre-ordering Sengoku Basara 3. Strange connection.

It's not really a strange connection. Both games are the biggest PS3 titles in a while, and mainstream titles with core gamer appeal. It's not surprising that someone buying one would also buy the other, and I'm sure those people also bought RE5 and some would have bought LP2, etc. It doesn't say anything about either game other than they're going to be relatively popular titles.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
It's not really a strange connection. Both games are the biggest PS3 titles in a while, and mainstream titles with core gamer appeal. It's not surprising that someone buying one would also buy the other, and I'm sure those people also bought RE5 and some would have bought LP2, etc. It doesn't say anything about either game other than they're going to be relatively popular titles.

There's a bigger picture here that can tell us a lot about PS3 owners. There's a verified repeat buyer fan base that goes from major title to major title. That's a good explanation as to why there's way less interest for the Wii version of BASARA 3 than there is for the PS3 version.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
noobie said:
but didnt the original did over 300k? i thought the new one with improvement all around will easily surpass the original Lifetime sales..
Wii fans don't buy sequels:lol
Bad word of mouth of the first game.
Super duper stupid decision of Level 5 that demands the player to have completed the first game in order to play the sequel.
There were many RPGs for PS3 the last months.

There are excuses if it doesn't meet the sales of the original, something that always was a possibility. But it also shows that bigger userbase (10M now versus 5M then) doesn't always mean bigger sales.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Busaiku said:
02/12/06 [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - Launch title, Saturday release, first day sales weren't given / 176.880 / 3.634.806

02/12/06 [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo) - Launch title, Saturday release, first day sales weren't given / 171.888 / 2.776.759

01/12/07 [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - Saturday release, first day sales weren't given / 254.009 / 3.560.889

16/10/08 [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 50.000 (15%) / 98.865 / 402.539

25/06/09 [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 155.000 (41%) / 353.827 / 1.905.898

01/10/09 [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - SA 108.000 (42%), BB 9.300 (16%) / 318.755 / 1.993.828

08/07/10 [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) - 52.242 / 19,40%
08/07/10 [WII] Wii Party (Remote Set: Pink) (Nintendo) - 8.982 / 32,90%
08/07/10 [WII] Wii Party (Remote Set: White) (Nintendo) - 5.479 / 19,80%

Busaiku

Yeah, unless word of mouth is good, I don't think it'll be a 2 million+ seller.
Nintendo certainly expected more too.

noobie

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Wii fans don't buy sequels:lol
Bad word of mouth of the first game.
Super duper stupid decision of Level 5 that demands the player to have completed the first game in order to play the sequel.
There were many RPGs for PS3 the last months.

There are excuses if it doesn't meet the sales of the original, something that always was a possibility. But it also shows that bigger userbase (10M now versus 5M then) doesn't always mean bigger sales.

So why Sony went for the second game if they expected it to sell less than the first.. i think if they had gone with Demon Soul 2 than that could have sold well..

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Busaiku said:
Yeah, unless word of mouth is good, I don't think it'll be a 2 million+ seller.
Nintendo certainly expected more too.
Don't forget that Wii Party was revealed from Iwata during during his financial results briefing to investors just 2 months ago and Nintendo started promoting the game only recently. If you look it that way its first day sales aren't so bad. Time will show if it will succeed as an evergreen title or not.
noobie said:
So why Sony went for the second game if they expected it to sell less than the first.. i think if they had gone with Demon Soul 2 than that could have sold well..
Capcom also expected Lost Planet 2 to sell 2,2M and Konami Peace Walker to sell 3M.
Do we really know Sony expectations for WKC2?

Dalthien

Chris1964 said:
Capcom also expected Lost Planet 2 to sell 2,2M and Konami Peace Walker to sell 3M.
Actually, Capcom's initial expectation (which is the important figure when it comes to setting their budget for the game) was 3.7M for Lost Planet 2 when it first showed up on their financial briefing. Then they later revised it down to 2.2M (and most likely reduced their advertising budget at the same time) once it became clear that the game wasn't going to come anywhere close to 3.7M.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
And now they will revise it to 1M just like they will revise Dead Rising 2. Now that I think of it Capcom has many bombs lately.

Spiegel

WKC was an unfinished game which ended in a cliffhanger. They probably had many assets from "WKC2" done before shipping the first one and that's why they finished the game in less than 18 months.

Also if WKC2 sells, let's say, "only" 215k (very unlikely) it will have outsold most RPGs this gen.

Dalthien

Chris1964 said:
And now they will revise it to 1M just like they will revise Dead Rising 2. Now that I think of it Capcom has many bombs lately.
Yeah, off the top of my head, it is hard to think of another publisher that had so many high-budget disasters all within the span of a couple years.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Spiegel said:
WKC was an unfinished game which ended in a cliffhanger. They probably had many assets from "WKC2" done before shipping the first one and that's why they finished the game in less than 18 months.

Also if WKC2 sells, let's say, "only" 215k (very unlikely) it will have outsold most RPGs this gen.
You must mean console RPGs.

spwolf

noobie said:

there is this guy, Sony is his name and he builds games in his shed :lol

cvxfreak

I interrupt this MC thread to provide bombas for fanboys of all allegiances! :D

wp76e.jpg
28uh4yq.jpg

35bc96v.jpg
14cxu7t.jpg

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
What I see selling more than 100k

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010
Devil Kings 3
Another Century's Episode R
Class of Heroes 3
Front Mission: Evolved
Vanquish
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Naruto: Narutimate Storm 2
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Gran Turismo 5
Warriors: Legends of Troy
World Soccer Winning Eleven 11
Call of Duty: Black Ops

and maybe some MOVE titles

Ashes

Banned
no move bundle game? Is that a general feeling over in japan, that move titles will be a bomba, or is it hard to tell...

edit: I missed the last sentence somehow...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Busaiku said:
Sengoku Basara 3.
Sengoku Basara 3 (JP)
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (EU)

I really don't like the western name, previous Sengoku Basara were localized as Samurai Warriors so I continued with that.

Ashes

Banned
I looked at that too, though I'm not really sure when it comes to the games market in Japan. Pes 11, I would have thought. (I'm in Europe btw). Did that not come to mind or you don't think it'll get over 100k?
GT5 is expected to do well over here. Don't know about japan though....

Top Bottom