Media Create Sales: Nov 16-22, 2009

farnham

Banned
Nov 18, 2006
18,018
0
0
33
Germany (Bayern)
Chris1964 said:
Next week releases (03/12/09) - HUGE week

xx . [NDS] Cross Treasures (Square Enix)
xx . [NDS] Powerful Pro-Kun Pocket 12 (Konami)
xx . [NDS] Metal Fight Beyblade: Bakutan Cyber Pegasus (Hudson)
xx . [NDS] Yggdra Unison: Holy Sword War Tales (Atlus Co.)
xx . [NDS] Kaijuu Busters (Namco Bandai)
xx . [NDS] Jinsei Game DS 2 (Takara Tomy)
xx . [NDS] Stitch! Ohana to Rhythm de Daibouken (Disney Interactive)
xx . [NDS] Shin Noukyo Iku (Marvelous Entertainment)
xx . [NDS] Honki de Manabu: LEC de Goukakuru - DS Kikenbutsu Toriatsukaimono Otsushu 4-Rui (Square Enix)
xx . [NDS] Honki de Manabu: LEC de Goukakuru - DS Koumuinshiken Suumato Shori (Square Enix)
xx . [NDS] Relaxuma Rhythm: Mattari Kibun de Da Run Run Run (Rocket Company)
xx . [NDS] Kamo no Hashikamo. Aimai Seikatsu no Susume (ASCII Media Works)
xx . [NDS] Signal (D3 Publisher)
xx . [NDS] Up (E-Frontier)
xx . [NDS] Pretty Rhythm Collection (Santa Entertainment)

xx . [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega)
xx . [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai)
xx . [PSP] Tokimeki Memorial 4 (Konami)
xx . [PSP] LittleBigPlanet Portable (SCE)
xx . [PSP] Devil Kings: Battle Heroes (PSP the Best) (Capcom)
xx . [PSP] Fate/Unlimited Codes Portable (PSP the Best) (Capcom)
xx . [PSP] Star Ocean: First Departure (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
xx . [PSP] Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
xx . [PSP] Code Gears: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Lost Colors (PSP the Best) (Namco Bandai)
xx . [PSP] Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Konami the Best) (Konami)

xx . [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
xx . [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)

xx . [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W (Namco Bandai)
xx . [WII] Isometric & Karate Exercise: Wii de Kotsuban Fitness (IE Institute)
xx . [WII] Takumi Restaurant wa Daihanjou! (Dorart)
xx . [WII] Tokyo Friend Pack II Ketteiban: Minna de Chousen! Taikan Attraction (Spike)
xx . [WII] Up (E-Frontier)
xx . [WII] Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
xx . [WII] Resident Evil (Best Price!) (Capcom)
xx . [WII] Resident Evil 0 (Best Price!) (Capcom)
xx . [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.) - 05/12/09

xx . [PS3] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
xx . [PS3] Yakuza 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) (Sega)
xx . [PS3] Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda Softworks)
xx . [PS3] Resistance: Fall of Man (PlayStation 3 the Best Reprint) (SCE)
xx . [PS3] Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PlayStation 3 the Best Reprint) (SCE)
xx . [PS3] Folklore (PlayStation 3 the Best Reprint) (SCE)

xx . [360] Assassin's Creed II (Ubisoft)
xx . [360] Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Bethesda Softworks)
if the wii does not pick up next week then it will definately loose against PS3 LTD this year..
 

Grampasso

Member
Mar 2, 2006
2,237
1
0
40
Italy
schuelma said:
Yup. NSMB DS 7 days to release- 289 preorders. NSMB Wii- 465
Mmmh... I doubt it could have a bigger opening week... could it? Based on M-create numbers NSMB DS sold 899k on release... o_O 1M+ on first week @_@ I just don't buy that. And I bet for shorter legs =)
 
Jun 16, 2004
7,348
0
0
IIRC the previous DQ remakes did ~1.5million give or take. I wonder if VI will do more than that (DQIX bringing in the less hardcore DQ fans), about the same, or less (DQIX satisfying the DQ itch for most).
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
schuelma said:
If the Wii doesn't outsell the PS3 that week Nintendo should give up in Japan.
It'll outsell PS3 next week. Whether they should give up in Japan
(and come out with Wii 2 "Now easier to port to!")
is another question.
 

zero_suit

Member
Feb 27, 2009
14,163
0
0
Grampasso said:
Mmmh... I doubt it could have a bigger opening week... could it? Based on M-create numbers NSMB DS sold 899k on release... o_O 1M+ on first week @_@ I just don't buy that. And I bet for shorter legs =)
You're really going out on a limb there...
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Grampasso said:
Mmmh... I doubt it could have a bigger opening week... could it? Based on M-create numbers NSMB DS sold 899k on release... o_O 1M+ on first week @_@ I just don't buy that. And I bet for shorter legs =)

I could certainly be wrong and the comgnet site isn't infallible or anything..but I don't see why people think its impossible for it to do better 1st week.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Here is a battle that famitsu doesn't want to end

Famitsu data:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|    | [GBC] Pokemon G/S |[GBA] Pokemon FR/LG|[NDS] Pokemon HG/SS|       difference      |
|    | (Sunday 21/11/99) |(Thursday 29/01/04)|(Saturday 12/09/09)|                       |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Week|  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   | HG/SS-G/S |HG/SS-FR/LG|
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|  1 |1.425.768|1.425.768|  955.337|  955.337|1.408.980|1.408.980|    -16.788|    453.643|
|  2 |  438.280|1.864.049|  286.626|1.241.963|  492.385|1.901.365|     37.316|    659.402|
|  3 |  453.500|2.317.549|  161.550|1.403.513|  166.244|2.067.609|   -249.940|    664.096|
|  4 |  301.003|2.618.551|   92.626|1.496.139|  269.978|2.337.587|   -280.964|    841.448|
|  5 |  436.828|3.055.379|   82.546|1.578.685|  182.699|2.520.286|   -535.093|    941.601|
|  6 |  573.247|3.628.627|   61.591|1.640.276|  151.242|2.671.528|   -957.099|  1.031.252|
|  7 |  477.507|4.106.134|   54.069|1.694.345|   99.701|2.771.229| -1.334.905|  1.076.884|
|  8 |  258.734|4.364.868|   49.576|1.743.921|   68.843|2.840.072| -1.524.796|  1.096.151|
|  9 |  145.778|4.510.646|   56.359|1.800.280|   55.637|2.895.709| -1.614.937|  1.095.429|
| 10 |  144.733|4.655.379|   51.076|1.851.356|   48.877|2.944.586| -1.710.793|  1.093.230|
| 11 |  120.138|4.775.517|   30.037|1.881.393|   40.000|2.985.000| -1.790.517|  1.103.607|
| 12 |   98.055|4.873.571|   26.907|1.908.300|         |         |           |           |
| 13 |   76.713|4.950.284|   29.698|1.937.998|         |         |           |           |
| 14 |   50.421|5.000.705|   43.406|1.981.404|         |         |           |           |
| 15 |   48.587|5.049.292|   51.127|2.032.531|         |         |           |           |
| 16 |   47.512|5.096.804|   15.027|2.047.558|         |         |           |           |
| 17 |   43.827|5.140.631|   14.350|2.061.908|         |         |           |           |
| 18 |   34.957|5.175.589|   16.099|2.078.007|         |         |           |           |
| 19 |   33.367|5.208.956|   16.029|2.094.036|         |         |           |           |
| 20 |   29.743|5.238.698|   13.400|2.107.436|         |         |           |           |
| 21 |   21.582|5.260.280|   14.723|2.122.159|         |         |           |           |
| 22 |   15.788|5.276.068|   14.578|2.136.737|         |         |           |           |
| 23 |   14.204|5.290.272|   14.843|2.151.580|         |         |           |           |
| 24 |        -|        -|   13.614|2.165.194|         |         |           |           |
| 25 |        -|5.332.897|   17.140|2.182.334|         |         |           |           |
| 26 |    9.987|5.342.884|   15.380|2.197.714|         |         |           |           |
| 27 |    7.308|5.350.193|   10.931|2.208.645|         |         |           |           |
| 28 |    7.879|5.358.072|   12.497|2.221.142|         |         |           |           |
| 29 |    7.597|5.365.669|   17.086|2.238.228|         |         |           |           |
| 30 |    7.040|5.372.709|   12.141|2.250.369|         |         |           |           |
| 31 |    7.722|5.380.430|   10.014|2.260.383|         |         |           |           |
| 32 |    7.657|5.388.087|    8.862|2.269.245|         |         |           |           |
| 33 |    7.575|5.395.662|    7.316|2.276.561|         |         |           |           |
| 34 |    6.449|5.402.111|    6.917|2.283.478|         |         |           |           |
| 35 |    7.120|5.409.231|    7.400|2.290.878|         |         |           |           |
| 36 |    8.127|5.417.358|    5.792|2.296.670|         |         |           |           |
| 37 |    8.796|5.426.154|    4.717|2.301.387|         |         |           |           |
| 38 |        -|        -|    5.240|2.306.627|         |         |           |           |
| 39 |        -|        -|    3.780|2.310.407|         |         |           |           |
| 40 |   10.588|5.451.223|    4.849|2.315.256|         |         |           |           |
| 41 |    5.995|5.457.218|    4.095|2.319.351|         |         |           |           |
| 42 |    7.940|5.465.158|    3.799|2.323.150|         |         |           |           |
| 43 |    3.646|5.468.804|    2.971|2.326.121|         |         |           |           |
| 44 |    4.704|5.473.508|    3.820|2.329.941|         |         |           |           |
| 45 |    5.002|5.478.510|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 46 |        -|        -|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 47 |        -|        -|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 48 |        -|        -|   25.511|2.377.713|         |         |           |           |
| 49 |        -|        -|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 50 |    4.012|5.495.447|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Year|   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   | HG/SS-G/S |HG/SS-FR/LG|
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|			
|  1 |3.628.627|3.628.627|2.377.713|2.377.713|2.985.000|2.985.000|   -643.627|    607.287|
|  2 |2.383.096|6.011.723|  202.800|2.580.513|         |         |           |           |
|  3 |   76.421|6.088.144|  141.728|2.722.241|         |         |           |           |
|  4 |        -|        -|  161.429|2.883.670|         |         |           |           |
|  5 |        -|        -|  102.232|2.985.902|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
| LTD|        -|6.088.144|        -|2.985.902|        -|2.985.000| -3.103.144|       -902|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difference ~ 1000 with this week's rounded numbers
 

Road

Member
Jan 21, 2008
7,602
0
0
Brazil
sites.google.com
Chris1964 said:
Next week releases (03/12/09) - HUGE week

xx . [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
xx . [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)
xx . [WII] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes W (Namco Bandai)
xx . [WII] Isometric & Karate Exercise: Wii de Kotsuban Fitness (IE Institute)
xx . [WII] Takumi Restaurant wa Daihanjou! (Dorart)
xx . [WII] Tokyo Friend Pack II Ketteiban: Minna de Chousen! Taikan Attraction (Spike)
xx . [WII] Up (E-Frontier)
xx . [WII] Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
xx . [WII] Resident Evil (Best Price!) (Capcom)
xx . [WII] Resident Evil 0 (Best Price!) (Capcom)
xx . [WII] PokePark Wii: Picachu's Great Adventure (Pokemon Co.) - 05/12/09
New games coming for PS3 for the rest of the year:

- Assassins Creed II
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Final Fantasy XIII

I hadn't realize that those are not only the notable PS3 new games but everything that's going to be released at all.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
PS3 remaining games this year

10/12/09
xx . [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
xx . [PS3] Cross Edge (CH Selection) (Compile Heart)

17/12/09
xx . [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
xx . [PS3] Daikoukai Jidai Online: El Oriente (Koei)
xx . [PS3] Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (Gundam 30th Anniversary Collection) (Namco Bandai)
 

fanboi

Banned
Oct 18, 2007
13,991
0
0
Sweden
Chris1964 said:
PS3 remaining games this year

10/12/09
xx . [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square Enix)
xx . [PS3] Cross Edge (CH Selection) (Compile Heart)

17/12/09
xx . [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
xx . [PS3] Daikoukai Jidai Online: El Oriente (Koei)
xx . [PS3] Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (Gundam 30th Anniversary Collection) (Namco Bandai)

Nothing that will cause any hardware movement.

;)
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Die Squirrel Die said:
IIRC the previous DQ remakes did ~1.5million give or take. I wonder if VI will do more than that (DQIX bringing in the less hardcore DQ fans), about the same, or less (DQIX satisfying the DQ itch for most).
Dragon Quest VI is been remade for first time. IV and V had seen PS1 and PS2 releases. I don't see VI doing less than 2 million.
 

ethelred

Member
Dec 19, 2005
16,019
1
0
Chris1964 said:
Dragon Quest VI is been remade for first time. IV and V had seen PS1 and PS2 releases. I don't see VI doing less than 2 million.
Why? It's not like the PS2 versions of IV and V sold 2 million. I expect it to sell in the same range as all the others -- 1.2-1.6 million.

As far as big third party games for go next year for the PSP and the DS (as in, games with the potential or likelihood to move more than or close to a million units), there's MH3, Birth by Sleep, maybe FF13 Agito, against DQ6, Ninokuni, and Layton 5.
 

farnham

Banned
Nov 18, 2006
18,018
0
0
33
Germany (Bayern)
ethelred said:
Why? It's not like the PS2 versions of IV and V sold 2 million. I expect it to sell in the same range as all the others -- 1.2-1.6 million.

As far as big third party games for go next year for the PSP and the DS (as in, games with the potential or likelihood to move more than or close to a million units), there's MH3, Birth by Sleep, maybe FF13 Agito, against DQ6, Ninokuni, and Layton 5.
you mean Monster Hunter The village of the Airu.. that is gonna sell gangbusters
 

ethelred

Member
Dec 19, 2005
16,019
1
0
farnham said:
you mean Monster Hunter The village of the Airu.. that is gonna sell gangbusters
No. I meant MH3. Had I meant something other than MH3, I would have written something other than MH3.

I know that comprehension of any sort is not exactly your strong suit, but please, do try to demonstrate a grasp of at least a fourth grade reading level.
 

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nov 3, 2007
18,732
0
0
Chris1964 said:
Next week releases (03/12/09) - HUGE week


xx . [PSP]Phantasy Star Portable 2 (Sega)
xx . [PSP]Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai)

xx . [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
xx . [WII] Samurai Warriors 3 (Koei)
I think these are the big 4 for the epic week , PSP2 is the only "new" game , hope it sell better than the remake or the port or the carbon clone.


and if Gundam Vs. Gundam Next did fine ( I think it will ) AM2 better port Border Break to PSP.

[PS3] Yakuza 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) (Sega)
they should re-release this next year instead , maybe closer to EoE release to warm up fans for RGG4.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
Chris1964 said:
What's with the prediction rush this week? We haven't gotten first day sales yet.
Boring week + next week having more big releases than the past 3 months combined.

I say bring it on, Kurosaki :p
 

shinshero

Member
Feb 4, 2007
418
0
0
AniHawk said:
I thought there were some rumblings of disappointed Insomniac employees since Resistance 2 fell by the wayside while Sony treated Guerrilla like their favorite child. It's the Internets and things are often incorrect but it was one of the things I read and wouldn't doubt being true. Ratchet & Clank has similarly fallen by the wayside both years a big retail release came out in favor of the Naughty Dog game. Although every year an Insomniac game comes out alongside a ND game, Sony promotes the ND game more. This year the results seemed way more lopsided than usual.
Firstly

A: Sony delayed Killzone 2 so Insomniac could have the fall season with R2.
B: WHat did you expect in regards to Ratchet and Clank? A SP only game (at $60) targeted at family audiences on the PS3 is not going to drive sales, while an action adventure game targeted at a mature audience is. Not to mention, Uncharted needs it since it is a fairly new IP, unlinke Ratchet which has had a game every year.
 

rpmurphy

Member
Dec 6, 2008
14,958
0
0
Crystal Bearers bomba. :lol

Is SE short of hands because I don't quite understand why they haven't expanded support of the DQ franchise on the Wii with anything since DQS.
 

farnham

Banned
Nov 18, 2006
18,018
0
0
33
Germany (Bayern)
rpmurphy said:
Crystal Bearers bomba. :lol

Is SE short of hands because I don't quite understand why they haven't expanded support of the DQ franchise on the Wii with anything since DQS.
I really hope they have a DQS 2 with Wiimotionplus support somewhere in development...

ethelred said:
No. I meant MH3. Had I meant something other than MH3, I would have written something other than MH3.

I know that comprehension of any sort is not exactly your strong suit, but please, do try to demonstrate a grasp of at least a fourth grade reading level.

oh wow touchy are we..?
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
No need to rush the next predictions, I'm more concerned about Famitsu leak missing twice (first day sales last week and the weekly leak, although sinobi did have the latter). Would be total ass to lose them in the most exciting period of the year. Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a huge influx of Famitsu leaked materials :p
 

gerg

Member
Dec 6, 2008
7,278
0
0
schuelma said:
I could certainly be wrong and the comgnet site isn't infallible or anything..but I don't see why people think its impossible for it to do better 1st week.
The first week isn't even that important. What will be most influential towards the title's sales will be how much it sells over an extended period of time long after its launch, and how those sales also influence hardware in that period.
 

Orgen

Member
Aug 4, 2005
2,174
0
1,125
Chris1964 said:
What's with the prediction rush this week? We haven't gotten first day sales yet.
Yeah, boring week + big releases = excitement!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
No need to rush the next predictions, I'm more concerned about Famitsu leak missing twice (first day sales last week and the weekly leak, although sinobi did have the latter). Would be total ass to lose them in the most exciting period of the year. Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a huge influx of Famitsu leaked materials :p
:(

ethelred said:
Why? It's not like the PS2 versions of IV and V sold 2 million. I expect it to sell in the same range as all the others -- 1.2-1.6 million.

As far as big third party games for go next year for the PSP and the DS (as in, games with the potential or likelihood to move more than or close to a million units), there's MH3, Birth by Sleep, maybe FF13 Agito, against DQ6, Ninokuni, and Layton 5.
I think DQ VI will be >1.5 million, but <2 million. And for the battle of third party games, maybe RE PSP (if it's 2010) could help PSP too. And (big) if there's not MHP3 for PSP and (bigger) if DQ X is 2010, Wii even could be nº1 for the year. (yes, I know you were talking about PSP & NDS, but is a thought that crossed my mind reading your post)
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
No need to rush the next predictions, I'm more concerned about Famitsu leak missing twice (first day sales last week and the weekly leak, although sinobi did have the latter). Would be total ass to lose them in the most exciting period of the year. Hopefully tomorrow we'll see a huge influx of Famitsu leaked materials :p

Yeah the lack of famitsu leaks is disturbing with the weeks ahead.

Would you mind adding a December hardware prediction for PS3/Wii? There seems to be a ton of interest in that particular battle. I can keep the predictions myself, but since you already have the software going and do such a good job I thought I would ask you first.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
schuelma said:
Yeah the lack of famitsu leaks is disturbing with the weeks ahead.
Maybe the leaker works at a U.S. company and is off for Thanksgiving?

Oh, and on next week's predictions, I think DQS (ULTIMATE) will probably do 20K or so.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
gerg said:
The first week isn't even that important. What will be most influential towards the title's sales will be how much it sells over an extended period of time long after its launch, and how those sales also influence hardware in that period.

I agree, but right now first week is the easiest to predict, relatively speaking.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
There's a pretty neat summary of the Comgnet preorder numbers in post #698 at 2ch in the gaming thread where the Famitsu leak should eventually get posted.

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1259243939/

Columns are NSMB DS, NSMB Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party DS, and Mario Party 8, in that order. The rows are preorder points leading up to the game's release with the last two rows being first day numbers followed by first week numbers. Basically, NSMB Wii is almost the same as the next two games combined at this point. They don't list Brawl numbers, though, and I'd expect that one to have had pretty high preorder numbers, too.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
0
0
Spiegel said:
You are crazy donny :p

The game has no chance to sell >5k in the first week
This is the first BEST re-release, and the game hasn't been available new in stores for possibly a year, based on when Famitsu stopped tracking its sales. Combined with NSMB Wii being released and the audiences for that and Dragon Quest probably having a lot of overlap, it could lead to a higher first week for the BEST release than a typical one.

Just random thoughts. :)
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
donny2112 said:
There's a pretty neat summary of the Comgnet preorder numbers in post #698 at 2ch in the gaming thread where the Famitsu leak should eventually get posted.

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1259243939/

Columns are NSMB DS, NSMB Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Party DS, and Mario Party 8, in that order. The rows are preorder points leading up to the game's release with the last two rows being first day numbers followed by first week numbers. Basically, NSMB Wii is almost the same as the next two games combined at this point. They don't list Brawl numbers, though, and I'd expect that one to have had pretty high preorder numbers, too.

Yeah Road linked to a site with all the comgnet numbers from the last 4-5 years giving lot of good data points.

NSMB Wii is ahead of NSMB DS at the same point by over 200 right now. It already has almost triple the pre orders of Galaxy's total and almost a hundred more than Mario Kart's total.

Brawl had a total of 1217 preorders, which NSMB Wii probably won't meet..of course I would argue Brawl is a game that would naturally be much more front loaded and overrepresented on comgnet (Smash appeared on the comgnet rankings more than a year before release- NSMB Wii only started showing up like 5 weeks ago)
 

Parl

Member
Sep 15, 2006
3,166
0
0
Nottinghamshire, UK
schuelma said:
If the Wii doesn't outsell the PS3 that week Nintendo should give up in Japan.
Let's not get things out of perspective, Nintendo is the only one out of the 3 running a successful business out of Japan with home consoles. The other two are eating into money.

This YTD watch, with them being on par, hides the huge difference in the success of each of the two business operations. One is pretty successful, one is an abysmal failure.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
DSi LL 100,553
PS3 34,752
Wii 32,844
PSP 32,752
DSi 32,070
DS Lite 5,051
PSP go 4,574
Xbox 360 4,085
PS2 2,024

This should be the last week PS3 is ahead of Wii until at least the 12/17 week
 

Parl

Member
Sep 15, 2006
3,166
0
0
Nottinghamshire, UK
schuelma said:
PS3 34,752
Wii 32,844


PSP 32,752
DSi 32,070


DS Lite 5,051

PSP go 4,574
Xbox 360 4,085


PS2 2,024

This should be the last week PS3 is ahead of Wii until at least the 12/17 week
Poor DS Lite and PS2, don't have any direct competition.

3 victories for Sony though.
 

Culex

Member
Jun 7, 2004
6,206
1
0
36
I still think that the hardware bump will be bigger for the PS3 when Final Fantasy hits. It's going to be insane!

...not that NSMBW won't have a bump for the Wii.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
Media Create says Taiko 2 sell-through is 11,60 %
They shipped 250k copies.

I guess retailers will end selling all the copies eventually but... wow
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Spiegel said:
Media Create says Taiko 2 sell-through is 11,60 %
They shipped 250k copies.

I guess retailers will end selling all the copies eventually but... wow
I expect sales to pick up in December but definitely a very poor start.