• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 2-8, 2009

botticus

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It could get quite worse.

Just think of the perspective of these holidays if there were no Taiko no Tatsujin 2, Sengoku Musou 3, Tales of Graces and BioHazard Darkside Chronicles in the span of 2 months.
That sounds like 2008 with a stronger PS3 presence.

schuelma said:
Yeah this two month period is definitely the best 3rd party situation the Wii has had. How those titles sell is more important to any continued 3rd party support than how PS3 sells IMO.
Indeed, and not just PS3 but Wii too. I don't really see where this 'hardware sales is what decides support' comes from, but its totally wrong. PSP doesn't get support for its hardware sales (or it lacks support because of its hardware tie ratios), its good selling software calling for more software of the same type, just like 360 is calling to those ADV games, or like DS calls to any kind of games :p

botticus said:
That sounds like 2008 with a stronger PS3 presence.
Eh, no, in those two months in 2008 Wii had Taiko and Joysound. Both getting new entries in these two months.

test_account

XP-39C²
ivysaur12 said:
Yeah, I just noticed that. Nice job SE :lol
Going by the first day sales and if The Crystal Bearers ends up selling like many other games does from the first day to the first week (in percentage increase), the first shipment seems to be good estimated/calcluated at least :) It doesnt seem to be heavly undershipped or heavily overshipped.

But who knows, maybe many people will buy the game on Friday, Saturday or Sunday instead, so maybe the first shipment was too low. I think it shall be interesting to see how much The Crystal Bearers ends up selling in total (LTD numbers) at least :)

schuelma said:
Ok, we can get specific. I enjoy these discussions. Tell me a franchise not currently on the PS3 that will move there if the PS3 continues to outsell the Wii.
I don't think it's anything like a certainty even if sales maintain, but it seems quite within the realm of possibility that Kingdom Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei games, or Ace Combat might go to PS3 instead of Wii.

Of course, only one of those franchises is really big, so it'd be easy to say that we can safely ignore them (plus all the piddly little guys far behind). But a pile-on of mid-tier and even low-tier series is exactly what drives sustained hardware sales. If Wii can't lure many of the waverers to its side, it will have to rely solely on first-party offerings. Nintendo is huge and their games are too, but I think this year has shown us the limits of their power.

gerg

Liabe Brave said:
I don't think it's anything like a certainty even if sales maintain, but it seems quite within the realm of possibility that Kingdom Hearts, Shin Megami Tensei games, or Ace Combat might go to PS3 instead of Wii.

:lol

I really doubt that.

Epic Mickey's probably more of a decisive factor on the matter than the PS3 is.

doicare

gerg said:

I really doubt that.

I fully expect to see kingdom hearts end up on the ps3, the playstation is where the series originated from, on consoles it was always a game with top end graphics which is something the ps3 is obviously better at and on top of that SE likes to share out it's games so with the next dragon quest supposedly coming to the wii they will balance that out with kingdom hearts going to the ps3.

jeremy1456

doicare said:
I fully expect to see kingdom hearts end up on the ps3, the playstation is where the series originated from, on consoles it was always a game with top end graphics which is something the ps3 is obviously better at and on top of that SE likes to share out it's games so with the next dragon quest supposedly coming to the wii they will balance that out with kingdom hearts going to the ps3.

Your run-on sentence ramble of a post is difficult to read.

Also, unless Square-Enix says otherwise we're not just 'supposing' Dragon Quest is coming to the Wii. It's been announced in case you've forgotten.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
doicare said:
It was a game with top end graphics on the console with the lowest power and higher sales.

Think about it.

And S-E isn't really releasing a shit load of PS3 games.

gerg

doicare said:

wat

1. Why does it matter if the series originated on the Playstation family? By that logic, KH DS would never have been released.

2. A series traditionally having good graphics =/= those graphics being a prominent and/or predominant feature of that series, such as to dictate on what platforms future titles in that series would be released. Again, by your own logic, KH DS should never have seen release.

3. "SE likes to share out its games"? What logic is this? SE only shares out its games because it is most profitable for them to do so. It's not going to release a game on a certain platform out of some misguided altruism if doing so will mean that they are going to make less money than they could make.

gerg said:

I really doubt that.

Why do you think this is laughable and not just unlikely?

And even if Wii keeps that particular big franchise, it doesn't ruin the possible impact of PS3 gradually becoming the decent ecosystem that third parties for some reason were already treating it as. Many people are saying "But Wii third-party support is already terrible! How could an improved PS3 make things worse?" The answer: by making what used to be a risky decision into a sane one.

markatisu

doicare said:

I thought SE did not have complete control over the fate of KH, if Disney wants it on the Wii then Square can pleasure themselves graphically with other ip's

Plus the success of KH 358/2 in JP and in the US could play a role in keeping the ip with Nintendo after the PSP game is released (they could easily port the PSP game to Wii for a Remix prior to KH3 for example)

I could also see it be PS3 and Wii, nothing stops that from happening besides butt hurt fanboys who do not like when a game is scaled to fit both systems.

Road

manueldelalas said:
Actually, upcoming Square-Enix games:

WII:
FFCC: Crystal Bearers
Dragon Quest X

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Star Ocean 4 International
Nier Replicant
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Front Mission Evolved

Septimus

It would make sense for them to put an eventual (at least 2 years from now) KH3 on PS3. The whole KH team is already working on Versus. Only other way would be to port the PS2 engine with Wii controls and slightly upgraded visuals. No one really knows.

gerg

Liabe Brave said:
Why do you think this is laughable and not just unlikely?

Because of the fact that KH is much more suited to the demographics of the Wii than those of the PS3.

It all depends on how much control Disney has over the IP. If they are particularly influential about the title, then I could see them wanting it to be on the Wii. If they are not, then my hypothesis is wrong and the game might see release on the PS3.

And even if Wii keeps that particular big franchise, it doesn't ruin the possible impact of PS3 gradually becoming the decent ecosystem that third parties for some reason were already treating it as. Many people are saying "But Wii third-party support is already terrible! How could an improved PS3 make things worse?" The answer: by making what used to be a risky decision into a sane one.

The point is that PS3 software support isn't particularly bad compared to the Wii. Other than a few (obvious) games here and there, there's no company actively supporting the Wii over the PS3. Therefore, there's very little to changes in regards to support. I think it is the case that it can't get much worse for the Wii.

I imagine that it might be possible to see PSP or DS support reduced in favour of releasing games on the PS3, on the back of a PS3 resurgence. But again, this doesn't affect the Wii.

Septimus said:
It would make sense for them to put an eventual (at least 2 years from now) KH3 on PS3. The whole KH team is already working on Versus. Only other way would be to port the PS2 engine with Wii controls and slightly upgraded visuals. No one really knows.

Why?

Why would it be more financially profitable to release KH3 on the PS3 than on the Wii, or some other system (for that matter)?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I suppose KH3 is one franchise that could continue on PS3 especially if soulhunter's hypothesis comes true and Wii "dies".

I think the decision has already been made and its probably PS3 anyways.

Septimus

Like I said, no one knows. All I meant was that the team is already pretty familiarized with the PS3 and have an engine running. If you want to talk about maxing out financial success, then I suppose they could make both a Wii and PS3 Wand version :lol .

jeremy1456

schuelma said:
I suppose KH3 is one franchise that could continue on PS3 especially if soulhunter's hypothesis comes true and Wii "dies".

I think you're right - the Wii doesn't have the processing power to render belts with zippers on top of more zippers.

doicare

jeremy1456 said:
Your run-on sentence ramble of a post is difficult to read.

Also, unless Square-Enix says otherwise we're not just 'supposing' Dragon Quest is coming to the Wii. It's been announced in case you've forgotten.
Try learning to read a bit better then and that'll solve your problem.

I thought i heard dragon quest was coming to wii a while ago but i am yet to see a single screen shot or video of it yet so that's why i said supposedly.

manueldelalas said:
It was a game with top end graphics on the console with the lowest power and higher sales.

Think about it.

The difference between what the ps3/xbox360 graphically can do compared to the wii is a a dramatic difference between what the ps2 and xbox could do.

Also Road has already corrected you about S-E not releasing lots of games for the ps3:
Road said:
Actually, upcoming Square-Enix games:

WII:
FFCC: Crystal Bearers
Dragon Quest X

PS3:
Final Fantasy XIII
Star Ocean 4 International
Nier Replicant
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Front Mission Evolved

gerg said:
wat

1. Why does it matter if the series originated on the Playstation family? By that logic, KH DS would never have been released.
Consoles aren't the same as the handheld market.

gerg said:
2. A series traditionally having good graphics =/= those graphics being a prominent and/or predominant feature of that series, such as to dictate on what platforms future titles in that series would be released. Again, by your own logic, KH DS should never have seen release.
Yet again consoles aren't the same as the handheld market.

gerg said:
3. "SE likes to share out its games"? What logic is this? SE only shares out its games because it is most profitable for them to do so. It's not going to release a game on a certain platform out of some misguided altruism if doing so will mean that they are going to make less money than they could make.
This whole discussion started because people were talking about how badly some wii software is selling, namely 3rd party sales. This issue isn't happening any where near as much on the ps3/360 so why are you so sure that releasing a new kingdom hearts on either or both the ps3/360 would make less money then just releasing it on the wii?

schuelma said:
Oh great, he showed up.
I was just thinking the same thing about you, how have you been it's been a while?

schuelma said:

That's generally my line of thinking as well.

gerg

doicare said:
Consoles aren't the same as the handheld market.

Yet again consoles aren't the same as the handheld market.

I struggle to see the striking differences between the two.

This whole discussion started because people were talking about how badly some wii software is selling, namely 3rd party sales. This issue isn't happening any where near as much on the ps3/360 so why are you so sure that releasing a new kingdom hearts on either or both the ps3/360 would make less money then just releasing it on the wii?

Higher development costs on platforms with demographics less suited to the IP.

Either that or I am misjudging the type of people who play Kingdom Hearts.

schuelma

doicare said:
I was just thinking the same thing about you, how have you been it's been a while?

I'm here every week my man.

doicare

gerg said:
I struggle to see the striking differences between the two.

Handhelds and the success of their games have very rarely if ever been about how good the graphics are.

gerg said:

Well why do you think the ps3/360 demographic is less suited to kingdom hearts then the wii's demographic is?

gerg said:

I think the platform with FFXIII/VersusXIII/XIV is best suited for KH3.

I think it's likely there'll be a KH'Wii' of some sort, but not necessarily the third numbered installment. There's no reason at all to suggest that the KH team won't dive straight into KH3 using Crystal Tools on the PS3 once VersusXIII development is coming to a close.

gerg

doicare said:
Handhelds and the success of their games have very rarely if ever been about how good the graphics are.

And KH's success is based on how good its graphics are? How do we know this?

Well why do you think the ps3/360 demographic is less suited to kingdom hearts then the wii's demographic is?

Because the Wii's demographic represents a wider range of demographics probably more receptive to the Disney brand. This may not present much of an issue in Japan, but in Europe and America, where RPGs are less popular, it could be a problem facing the IP.

BlazingDarkness said:
I think the platform with FFXIII/VersusXIII/XIV is best suited for KH3.

In Japan, perhaps.

Here we may want to evaluate how much Square Enix is concerned with overseas sales. Is it fair to state that KH has always been successful overseas? If so, I don't think that Square Enix would want to sacrifice European and America sales of the game out of some misguided belief that they would be made up by whatever success the title had in Japan.

There's no reason at all to suggest that the KH team won't dive straight into KH3 using Crystal Tools on the PS3 once VersusXIII development is coming to a close.

I don't think that the KH team's placement suggests much about their future intentions than it does about the desperate nature of SE to get its slate of PS3 FF XIII games finished.

Inasmuch as their experience developing for the HD twins might make it economical for them to then develop another HD title, so too would their experience developing for the PS2 make it economical for them to develop a Wii title.

doicare said:
I was actually thinking the same thing about you.

No.

He was right. You were wrong. Your original post was not good English.

schuelma

I understand the arguments for KH3 Wii, but seriously- look at the Wii's support from SE so far, look at what is announced (a vague DQX promise), and tell me why Wii is more likely to get a major epic RPG than PS3. I'm not seeing it.

gerg

schuelma said:
I understand the arguments for KH3 Wii, but seriously- look at the Wii's support from SE so far, look at what is announced (a vague DQX promise), and tell me why Wii is more likely to get a major epic RPG than PS3. I'm not seeing it.

Because SE isn't stupid. It isn't ignoring the Wii "just because"; it's not developing for it because it believes, rightly or wrongly, that its titles don't match with the Wii's audience. (There's also the fact that FF XIII started development on the PS3 long before the Wii's success had begun, and thus they couldn't exactly port it onto the Wii.) If they have a title that they do feel will appeal to the Wii's audience, especially over that of the PS3 (a la Dragon Quest), then I don't think that they're going to ignore the opportunity.

Once we acknowledge the fuck-up that has been FF XIII, SE's support for both the PS3 and the Wii is rubbish in comparison to their support for the DS (and, perhaps, the PSP).

doicare

gerg said:
And KH's success is based on how good its graphics are? How do we know this?
In my opinion it is one of many factors that make the series popular.

gerg said:
Because the Wii's demographic represents a wider range of demographics probably more receptive to the Disney brand. This may not present much of an issue in Japan, but in Europe and America, where RPGs are less popular, it could be a problem facing the IP.
The type of person who buys kingdom hearts is more like the same type of person who buys final fantasy then watches disney. And with final fantasy 13 coming to ps3/360 far more of those types of gamers will own those consoles than the wii imo.

gerg said:
I don't think that the KH team's placement suggests much about their future intentions than it does about the desperate nature of SE to get its slate of PS3 FF XIII games finished.

Well i think it does make a ps3 kingdom hearts game a more likely possibility if they have just spent the past several years working on/with a engine that runs on the ps3.

gerg said:
No.

He was right. You were wrong. Your original post was not good English.
No not really, and certainly not to the point where it required commenting on and being a dick about it.

jeremy1456 said:
That about somes up your intelligence and maturity quite aptly, if you want to try and continue to post insults then i suggest you stick to pm's instead of messing up this thread.

But i think putting it on PS3(and 360?) would be a safer option for SE to take considering the naff sales of so much third party Wii stuff, whether it'd cater to a specific audience more or not - SE are creating an audience on the PS3 with the big titles they're putting out on it - this same audience which they'd sell KH3 to.

gerg

doicare said:
In my opinion it is one of many factors that make the series popular.

"In my opinion" doesn't really cut it in a sales thread. I would prefer empirical evidence, I'm afraid.

The type of person who buys kingdom hearts is more like the same type of person who buys final fantasy then watches disney. And with final fantasy 13 coming to ps3/360 far more of those types of gamers will own those consoles than the wii imo.

I think the first Kingdom Hearts outsold FF XII on the PS2 in America and Europe, which would blow that theory to hell.

Well i think it does make a ps3 kingdom hearts game a more likely possibility if they have just spent the past several years working on/with a engine that runs on the ps3.

Development knowledge doesn't just seep away; I doubt the team have forgotten how to work with a machine more akin in capabilities to the PS3 just because of some newfound interest in shiny toys. Furthermore, if it were more profitable to develop the title for the Wii, relearning some of those skills would be worth it.

No not really, and certainly not to the point where it required commenting on and being a dick about it.

I agree that it's completely irrelevant - and I don't mean to offend or upset you - but I want to curtail the irony that is you criticising someone else for their English.

BlazingDarkness said:
But i think putting it on PS3(and 360?) would be a safer option for SE to take considering the naff sales of so much third party Wii stuff,

The Wii sold the most third-party software of any console in America in 2008 - there's an audience out there.

whether it'd cater to a specific audience more or not - SE are creating an audience on the PS3 with the big titles they're putting out on it - this same audience which they'd sell KH3 to.

The whole point of contention is whether or not the PS3's audience equates to that of Kingdom Heart's. You're begging the question here, I'm afraid.

schuelma

gerg said:
Once we acknowledge the fuck-up that has been FF XIII, SE's support for both the PS3 and the Wii is rubbish in comparison to their support for the DS (and, perhaps, the PSP).

That is a fair point, but the bottom line is FF13 did happen and as a result there is certainly a built in userbase and an engine and team ready to go and I really doubt SE is going to stop their massive investment in that engine at 2 games.

I could definitely be wrong and I can see it coming to Wii... but I don't think it is a sure bet.

gerg

schuelma said:
That is a fair point, but the bottom line is FF13 did happen and as a result there is certainly a built in userbase and an engine and team ready to go and I really doubt SE is going to stop their massive investment in that engine at 2 games.

I could definitely be wrong and I can see it coming to Wii... but I don't think it is a sure bet.

Once again, it's all an analysis of cost against profit. On the one hand, they may want to make good on their investment in a new engine. On the other, "making good" wouldn't involve producing a game that doesn't turn a profit.

schuelma

gerg said:
Once again, it's all an analysis of cost against profit. On the one hand, they may want to make good on their investment in a new engine. On the other, "making good" wouldn't involve producing a game that doesn't turn a profit.

And I think there is evidence that Kingdom Hearts would do fine on PS3. Maybe not as good as Wii, but given SE's success and expenditures on the platform so far I'm not convinced SE sees it that way.

7Th

Would KH3 really do better in Wii? A multi-platform PS3/360 release makes the most financial sense.

schuelma said:
Yeah. I tried rather clumsily to make this point the other day- barring a true PSP type resurgence over many months, I don't think much is going to change third party wise. PS3 already gets a lot of support as it is and it certainly won't lose any of it. By the same token the few franchises that Wii has will probably stay there, and the portables aren't going to lose anything.

Isn't SCE releasing a SDK that supposedly makes porting Wii games to PS3 games a very easy and relatively cheap process? I remember reading that when Wand information was coming around and they'd obviously do that to try to get some 3rd party games that went exclusively to Wii. Remains to be seen whether 3rd parties will bother though as I think the wand will fail pretty hard.

duckroll said:
I don't think you guys get it. Nintendo's going to go third party like Sega, and make PS3 games. You have to be blind not to see it coming...

Don't you mean make 360 games? It's pretty obvious MS is gonna buy Sony.

cvxfreak

7Th said:
Would KH3 really do better in Wii? A multi-platform PS3/360 release makes the most financial sense.

A lot of KH players in North America would most likely have a Wii. Talking about young gamers and female gamers here.

doicare

gerg said:
"In my opinion" doesn't really cut it in a sales thread. I would prefer empirical evidence, I'm afraid.
I would like hard proof as well, do you have any proof that kingdom hearts having great graphics for its time didn't help with its sales?

gerg said:
I think the first Kingdom Hearts outsold FF XII on the PS2 in America and Europe, which would blow that theory to hell.
Last time i checked the first kingdom hearts out sold FF XII in america but not in europe or japan. However how do you know that the majority of the worldwide kingdom hearts user base isn't the same as the final fantasy user base?

gerg said:
Development knowledge doesn't just seep away; I doubt the team have forgotten how to work with a machine more akin in capabilities to the PS3 just because of some newfound interest in shiny toys. Furthermore, if it were more profitable to develop the title for the Wii, relearning some of those skills would be worth it.
When a large amount of time and money has been spent on making an engine that works for a specific console then wouldn't it make sense to release as many games as possible using that engine instead of starting again and having to make a new engine for a new console?

gerg said:
I agree that it's completely irrelevant - and I don't mean to offend or upset you - but I want to curtail the irony that is you criticising someone else for their English.
On a web forum when somebody attacks the spelling or grammar of a person they don't do it as some great service to the world, they do it to try and attack the credibility of a poster. It doesn't prove the poster wrong and it doesn't add to the conversation, it's a waste of time and its cheep. The reason why my spelling and grammar isn't always perfect is that i am dyslexic. So when somebody attacks a dyslexic persons spelling it's not the smartest thing in the world to do and that's puting it nicely.

cvxfreak said:
A lot of KH players in North America would most likely have a Wii. Talking about young gamers and female gamers here.
Wouldn't a lot of those same players pick up a PS3 for FFXIII/VXIII/XIV? There is a lot of cross over in the fanbase.

donny2112

kay said:

*shrugs*

I had reasons to predict what I did. I always have reasons, no matter how wrong or right a prediction is. The "GameCube" effect obviously didn't hold here.

ethelred said:
The Conduit will take to hit 3 million.

1 million. 300K first month.

I have no problem owning up to the predictions that I make that are incorrect, even wildly so. I just prefer to own up to the actual predictions that I make. :p

Souldriver said:
They all have a great track record at predicting sales, but the past few weeks are the first time I'm starting to doubt some of those predictions.

You posted that NOA should look at Japanese Wii sales to get a preview of U.S. sales in the NPD thread. Doubt all you want.

Souldriver said:
I just wanted to say that this is the first time in eh..ever that I'm not really relying on the Gaf Analysts to tell me how sales will go from here on out.

That's the better way to go in any case. Last-gen GAF Analysts said Wii would flop, and PSP would decimate the DS. GAF Analysts have a long history of being wrong.

Souldriver said:
I'll just reiterate that I wanted to point out that this is the first time ever that I don't have blind confidence in Gaf to predict sales.

Again, this is a great position to be in.

schuelma

cvxfreak said:

That's a good point I hadn't given much thought to- I think I'm caught up in Japan sales a bit too much at the moment.

Oh, I see doicare's been by to drop a deuce in the MC thread again.

schuelma said:
and tell me why Wii is more likely to get a major epic RPG than PS3. I'm not seeing it.

I really need to you to stop ever, ever using the word "epic."

look at the Wii's support from SE so far, look at what is announced (a vague DQX promise)

If Disney has partial or full control over what platform the game goes to, it is essentially guaranteed to appear as a Wii game if it gets a full console entry this generation, because the Wii is unambiguously far, far more successful with KH's target demographics as a whole.

If S-E has full control over it, then that means that (because there is very little top-down oversight of project development or platform selection at S-E) it's more or less Nomura's call, and that in turn means it'll be on the same platform as the game he's working on now, probably (not because of this childish and insipid fake meme GAF has invented where Nomura is some sort of masturbating Sony fanboy.)

BlazingDarkness said:
There is a lot of cross over in the fanbase.

KH sells significantly better than Final Fantasy in the US. Even if you assume 100% of FF players buy KH (itself an pretty clearly inaccurate claim) there are still a ton of people who bought KH1 and not, say, FFXII.

ethelred

I think the probability of Kingdom Hearts 3 appearing on the Wii is something like .3 at most, personally.

While the Disney characters are a huge reason for the success of the games, the idea that Disney is going to forcefully take creative control over the series in order to dictate its platform placement is... quite an amusing little deluded fantasy.

markatisu

ethelred said:
I think the probability of Kingdom Hearts 3 appearing on the Wii is something like .3 at most, personally.

While the Disney characters are a huge reason for the success of the games, the idea that Disney is going to forcefully take creative control over the series in order to dictate its platform placement is... quite an amusing little deluded fantasy.

Well there is a new board which seems to want to utilize its licenses a lot more, thats why Disney Studios is growing instead of folding.

I expect if KH3 is announced for the Wii there will be a meltdown just like when MH3 jumped to Wii and DQIX to the DS.

I do think with KH the American and Euro fanbase will figure in much more than with FF, and that could very well push it to the Wii.

ethelred

markatisu said:
Well there is a new board which seems to want to utilize its licenses a lot more, thats why Disney Studios is growing instead of folding.

Certainly. But the idea that Disney Studios has some sort of deep-seeded antipathy towards the Xbox 360 and the PS3 is as batty as the belief that Tetsuya Nomura is such an intense Sony fanboy that he won't allow his preciouses to be defiled by Nintendo. Yes, Disney is actively involved in video games and recognizes this as an important media field -- but people thinking that they're suddenly going to jump down and start demanding things of Square Enix with regards to the series that Square has consistently managed with an enormous degree of success-yielding just because Disney is so devoted to the Wii that they'd be outraged by any other possibility is just so ludicrous.

markatisu said:
I expect if KH3 is announced for the Wii there will be a meltdown just like when MH3 jumped to Wii and DQIX to the DS.

Ho-hum. That isn't any sort of analytic justification for actually believing that this outcome will come to pass.

markatisu said:
I do think with KH the American and Euro fanbase will figure in much more than with FF, and that could very well push it to the Wii.

Utter. Hogwash. Final Fantasy XIII, between the PS3 and 360 versions, is going to do very well in the United States and, most likely, Europe as well. And Square and Disney certainly have little to no reason to think that KH3 would be a failure on those systems, either.

It's all moot, regardless, since Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming out until after both Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It'll be 2011 or, more likely, 2012 at the earliest.

Top Bottom