• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 2-8, 2009

Grampasso

donny2112 said:
There's an outside chance. I don't think it'll happen, but that's not totally unreasonable.
:lol
Jokes aside, in that interview I believe they were talking about WW sales... so beating 10 milions WW on 2 consoles maybe it's not out of reach *shrugs*

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Grampasso said:
That means 4m each split between X360 and PS3. Is that so unrealistic?
Depends. Console JRPGs have done absolutely awful so far this generation, even in series that used to do quite well. Then again, this is Final Fantasy, so it's not a normal case by far.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Grampasso said:

FFVII 2.40 million, US
FFVIII 1.90 million, US
FFIX 1.33 million, US
FFX 2.46 Million, US
FFXII 1.91 Million US
FFXIII 4.0 million US...

Number of home console RPGs, ever that have achieved 4.0 million sales in the US: 0.
Number of home console RPGs, ever that have achieved 3.0 million sales in the US: 2. Zelda: Twilight Princess (combining SKUs), Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Number of games on PS360 that have achieved 4.0 million sales in the US: 4. Halo 3, CoD4, CoD5, GTAIV.

Good luck with that.

Grampasso said:

Yeah so about 2-2.5m on each console in the NPDs...well I guess it's possible, but a huge stretch. Outside of a few blockbuster shooters (gears, halo, GTA, COD), nothing else on the 360 has really reached that level of sales (I don't think Fable 2, Mass Effect and the like have sold that much). Keep in mind these are all very western-focused games; I just don't see a jRPG doing that much on the 360. As for the PS3, MGS4 barely reached a million after the first 6 months, and that was THE game to get if you had a PS3 at the time. With GOW3 and GT5 coming around the same time, it might have a hard time getting to 2 mil. So yeah, don't really see it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
vicissitudes said:
Yeah so about 2-2.5m on each console in the NPDs...well I guess it's possible, but a huge stretch. Outside of a few blockbuster shooters (gears, halo, GTA, COD), nothing else on the 360 has really reached that level of sales (I don't think Fable 2, Mass Effect and the like have sold that much). Keep in mind these are all very western-focused games; I just don't see a jRPG doing that much on the 360. As for the PS3, MGS4 barely reached a million after the first 6 months, and that was THE game to get if you had a PS3 at the time. With GOW3 and GT5 coming around the same time, it might have a hard time getting to 2 mil. So yeah, don't really see it.

360 games above 2.0 million:
Halo 3
GTA4
CoD4
CoD5
Gears
Gears 2
GH3
Asscreed
Madden 09

PS3 games above 2.0 million:
GTA4
CoD4
Possibly CoD5, not sure what the LTD got up to.

onken

V_Arnold said:
I cant wait to see End of Eternity's first week, it will be the first JRPG ever released at the same time for both platforms, meaning those who own both 360 and PS3 will prefer whicever console they prefer in these situations.

I predict it wont be anything like 75-25 or 66-33 in favor of PlayStation 3, but more like the Bayonetta (altough we still do not know if there will be any differences poing/hype/graphics/content-wise between the two versions)-case. So anything above 100k for 360 as first week and 160-200k for PS3?

But now I have to realize that I cant even make any predictions considering that we do not know how big of a bump PS3 will get with FFXIII's launch and this holiday.

160k/100k split? Seriously?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aru said:
Don't know if it has been posted yet, but I read here that Wada thinks FFXIII can outsell FFVII.

Well, good luck with that S-E :lol

I mean the game will sell a lot, but not FFVII level IMO.

Oh Wada...
You can bet they'll channel stuff it like crazy though, outside of Japan.

Stumpokapow said:
FFVII 2.40 million, US
FFVIII 1.90 million, US
FFIX 1.33 million, US
FFX 2.46 Million, US
FFXII 1.91 Million US
FFXIII 4.0 million US...

Number of home console RPGs, ever that have achieved 4.0 million sales in the US: 0.
Number of home console RPGs, ever that have achieved 3.0 million sales in the US: 2. Zelda: Twilight Princess (combining SKUs), Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Number of games on PS360 that have achieved 4.0 million sales in the US: 4. Halo 3, CoD4, CoD5, GTAIV.

Good luck with that.

Wow it's worse than I thought. :lol :lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
yankee666 said:
10M is a dream, but i think you all forgot some place called Europe :) .
The US won't make its required 4 million so what makes you think Europe will do that plus (alot) more?

yankee666

grandjedi6 said:
The US won't make its required 4 million so what makes you think Europe will do that plus (alot) more?
Nothig, that why i said 10M is a dream number. It was just a reminder that Europe does cout as WW Ltd sales ;)

Road

From sinobi:

[PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club wo Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J (Sega) - 90,000
[PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 64,000
[360] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 7,000
[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix) - 35,000
[NDS] Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (Capcom) - 31,000
[PSP] Hexyz Force (Atlus) - 12,000
[PSP] Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star (GungHo Works) - 12,000
[PSP] Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Jan (AQ Interactive) - 10,000
[PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts) - 10,000

onken

Road said:
From sinobi:

[PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club wo Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J (Sega) - 90,000
[PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 64,000
[360] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 7,000
[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix) - 35,000
[NDS] Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (Capcom) - 31,000
[PSP] Hexyz Force (Atlus) - 12,000
[PSP] Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star (GungHo Works) - 12,000
[PSP] Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Jan (AQ Interactive) - 10,000
[PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts) - 10,000

lol FFCC. Dragon Ball is kinda disappointing though.

stilgar

Road said:
From sinobi:

fig4.gif

farnham

Banned
dayum FFCC

that is really really bad.. and dissapointing

i really loved the direction the series was heading with chrystal bearers.. lets hope NA and Europe will have higher sales then this..

And there's a tie lol. Changed the results column so the number repeats if there's a tie anywhere.

Code:
Results 	
1 	28000 	Kurosaki Ichigo 		
1 	28000 	Chris1964 		
3 	60000 	onken 		
4 	70000 	schuelma 		
5 	80000 	botticus 		
6 	86000 	Orgen 	
7 	96000 	Road 	
8 	160000 	AdventureRacing

11/09-11/15  	Week 1  Kuro  	Orgen  	schue  	Adven  	Chris  	botti  	Road  	onken
NDS Megaman 	31000 	36000 	51000 	45000 	55000 	50000 	45000 	59000 	50000
PSP J-League 6 	90000 	102000 	94000 	90000 	85000 	90000 	90000 	86000 	95000
WII FFCC:TCB 	35000 	43000 	82000 	65000 	135000 	40000 	85000 	74000 	55000
PS3 Dragon Ball 64000 	67000 	79000 	90000 	95000 	60000 	80000 	89000 	80000

Difference 	0 	28000 	86000 	70000 	160000 	28000 	80000 	96000 	60000

NDS Megaman 	0 	5000 	20000 	14000 	24000 	19000 	14000 	28000 	19000
PSP J-League 6 	0 	12000 	4000 	0 	-5000 	0 	0 	-4000 	5000
WII FFCC:TCB 	0 	8000 	47000 	30000 	100000 	5000 	50000 	39000 	20000
PS3 Dragon Ball 0 	3000 	15000 	26000 	31000 	-4000 	16000 	25000 	16000
Everyone overshot Megaman and FFCC, 3 got J-League right.

Past Predictions Results:
11/2-11/8 Predictions Results
10/26-11/1 Predictions Results

onken

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
And there's a tie lol. Changed the results column so the number repeats if there's a tie anywhere.

Code:
Results 	
1 	28000 	Kurosaki Ichigo 		
1 	28000 	Chris1964 		
3 	60000 	onken 		
4 	70000 	schuelma 		
5 	80000 	botticus 		
6 	86000 	Orgen 	
7 	96000 	Road 	
8 	160000 	AdventureRacing[/URL][/QUOTE]

That's it from now on I'm just low-balling the fuck out of everything.

Parl

GCX said:
Crystal Bearers numbers are the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Well, almost.
It's even sadder that SE don't even understand the video game market enough to have just made a more traditional RPG with a turn-based battle system rather than whatever the hell CB is.

farnham

Banned
so nintendo can only hope that nsmbwii will finally bring some momentum

they still have a decent thirdparty lineup this year with sengoku 3 (i heard there is a sengoku boom in japan right now), tales of graces, resident evil darkside chronicles and taiko drum master 2... but without some hardware boost and better momentum i dont see those titles doing better then FFCC....

hopefully nsmbwii will give the wii a bump it desperately needs..

and i hope ffcc will get some legs until then.. 35k is really really sad..

Parl said:
It's even sadder that SE don't even understand the video game market enough to have just made a more traditional RPG with a turn-based battle system rather than whatever the hell CB is.

well thats what makes it more sad.. FFCC CB was a nice experiment that had many fresh elements and from what ive heard it definately deserved to sell

Road

onken said:
That's it from now on I'm just low-balling the fuck out of everything.
Count me in.

Famitsu Top 10 for Nov. 09 - 15:

01. [PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club wo Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J (Sega) - 90,000
02. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 64,000
03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo)
04. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
05. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon)
06. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami)
07. [WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix) - 35,000
08. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
09. [NDS] Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (Capcom) - 31,000
10. [WII] Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo)

Other numbers:

... [PSP] Hexyz Force (Atlus) - 12,000
... [PSP] Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star (GungHo Works) - 12,000
... [PSP] Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Jan (AQ Interactive) - 10,000
... [PS3] Need For Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts) - 10,000
... [360] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 7,000

PSP go - 6,600

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
But you had put more info. Now I had to complete mine. Haha

Spiegel

J. League 6 did fine. I hope PSP2 and VC2 sell great too.

FFCC and Dragon Ball bombas

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
There's another contender:

PSP Go - 6,600

wow :lol

Holy fuck.

They'll never end selling the first shipment :lol

Dascu

I am of the belief that Square-Enix should've used the Dragon Quest franchise instead of the Final Fantasy one for Crystal Bearers. That series seems to perform a lot better on the Nintendo platforms lately, even for the awkward spin-offs.

farnham said:
dayum FFCC

that is really really bad.. and dissapointing

i really loved the direction the series was heading with chrystal bearers.. lets hope NA and Europe will have higher sales then this..
It was a spin-off. The series wouldn't be heading in that direction, even if it was very successful.

farnham

Banned
Dascu said:
I am of the belief that Square-Enix should've used the Dragon Quest franchise instead of the Final Fantasy one for Crystal Bearers. That series seems to perform a lot better on the Nintendo platforms lately, even for the awkward spin-offs.

It was a spin-off. The series wouldn't be heading in that direction, even if it was very successful.
i dont know is there a traditional FFCC anyway... there are three dungeon crawlers one city sim one tower defense game and one open worldish adventure

and it seems that ffcc chrystal bearers was the one with the biggest budget behind it..

kenji

Dascu said:
it wasn't

Square Enix's intention was to create a new series for Crystal Chronicles focused on single play while still creating other CC's multiplayer games

but I don't think there will be more single player CC games like CB :(

farnham

Banned
kenji said:
it wasn't

Square Enix's intention was to create a new series for Crystal Chronicles focused on single play while still creating other CC's multiplayer games

but I don't think there will be more single player CC games like CB :(
damn shame really.. i really hope eu or na will do the game some justice.. (like with no more heroes) but it probably wont happen...

[Nintex]

Wow, is this the end of the Crystal Chronicles franchise?

And the Q fund... lol

neo2046

[Nintex] said:

Wow, is this the end of the Crystal Chronicles franchise?

And the Q fund... lol

if the game has similar art style and improved gameplay of the GC one + online co-op gameplay
I believe it can sell much more copies
stupid Square Enix

Jonnyram

The problem with Crystal Bearers is it ended up looking so unappealing - the character design is horrid, the marketing is plain bad. Bon Jovi? *vomits* And I think they did a pretty shitty job of marketing how it tied into the FF franchise. I didn't see any of the classic FF things mentioned much at all (chocobos, cactuars, moogles, bahamuts, etc).

farnham

Banned
neo2046 said:
if the game has similar art style and improved gameplay of the GC one + online co-op gameplay
I believe it can sell much more copies
stupid Square Enix
i had the impression that everyone praised the new direction of the game

at least i was excited and still am despite of the unfavorable famitsu review

Jonnyram said:
The problem with Crystal Bearers is it ended up looking so unappealing - the character design is horrid, the marketing is plain bad. Bon Jovi? *vomits* And I think they did a pretty shitty job of marketing how it tied into the FF franchise. I didn't see any of the classic FF things mentioned much at all (chocobos, cactuars, moogles, bahamuts, etc).

uh the trailers showed chocobo chases.. the main character throwing around cactuars.. and fighting with a bahamut and at the end there was a moogle deliveryboy looking at a wanted poster of the main character with the main character standing next to him.. plus a lot of selkies, clavats, yukes and lilties..

[Nintex] said:
And the Q fund... lol
is the ffcc series still made by the q fund..?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jonnyram said:

SHOT TO THE HEART

AND YOU'RE TO BLAME

YOU GIVE SQUARE

A BAD NAME

[Nintex]

Jonnyram said:
I still have no idea what the game is about, mini games? RPG? platforming? Open world adventure? Zelda clone? Fable? It looks like all those things thrown in a blender.

Jonnyram

farnham said:
uh the trailers showed chocobo chases.. the main character throwing around cactuars.. and fighting with a bahamut and at the end there was a moogle deliveryboy looking at a wanted poster of the main character with the main character standing next to him.. plus a lot of selkies, clavats, yukes and lilties..
Well their marketing department must suck then, because I didn't even know that, and I love FF!

Top Bottom