• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Nov 23-29, 2009

Jokeropia

gerg said:
The last thing I remember was that there had been something like 10 million downloads of Virtual Console games by February 2008.
December 2007:
Well, the current state of affairs is that the Virtual Console saw over 10 million downloads by the end of last December.
Very non-recent, unfortunately.
ethelred said:
Nothing about that quote, or Hudson's general pessimism about moving games on WiiWare, should encourage a reading of that quote which suggests that the fraction of copies the WiiWare game has sold versus the XBLA game exactly aligns with the difference in time, meaning that if the XBLA game ceased selling and the WiiWare game continued selling at the exact same pace it would catch up in a year's time (to use one of Josh's favorite devices). You can probably stretch the most literal meaning of those words to come out to something like that, but that would be the most tendentious reading one could possibly imagine. So... it doesn't really shock me that this is the reading you're going with.
"Stretch the most literal meaning"? How is interpreting "should explain the difference" (that's the exact quote from the article) as "should explain the difference" stretching it to the most literal meaning? I don't disagree that the WiiWare version of Bomberman likely haven't performed well relative to the others, I just think you're being a bit fussbudgety here.
ethelred said:
But Hudson is one of the biggest publishers on the platform... I don't think there are many successful WiiWare publishers in general.
Based on what? You have Hudson saying they're not very successful, and then Telltale Games and 2D Boy saying they're very successful. Other developers mentioned by Nintendo as successful are Frontier, Tetris Online, WayForward Technologies, Capcom and Aksys. This is nowhere near enough data to draw such conclusions from.
ethelred said:
Mike Edery, the former manager of the XBLA platform, commented on that:
See gerg's post. It's better than nothing I suppose, but that comment is lamentably vague. Unless his "sources" are Nintendo, Sony and MS themselves (and I don't think they'd give up that information), it's not a sufficient answer. He also seems to be comparing WiiWare alone to PSN and XBLA, discounting the Virtual Console altogether.

gerg

Stumpokapow said:
I just can't picture where you'd have to live that you can get a PS3, 360, or Wii, but not any kind of broadband connection.

The UK.

I have broadband.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Stumpokapow said:
hahaha this is like the tenth time I've seen you lament your lack of broadband.

It still kinda confuses me that there are current gen gamers who can't get broadband. I live in the boondocks; on a very sparsely populated island in the middle of nowhere... and I got broadband in 1996.

I just can't picture where you'd have to live that you can get a PS3, 360, or Wii, but not any kind of broadband connection.

Last I checked, 1/3 of US households don't have access to cable/dsl. Me and my family opt to pay $70 a month for satellite internet with 300mb a day of downloading limit, with a reprieve between 2am-7am EST. It's either that or 28.8 dial-up. Cell-phone/wireless internet providers limit you to 4gb a month and charge you by the megabyte afterwords, with less than impressive service (at least in my area). I live outside of Davison, Michigan, FYI.

Oh, and at first I could actually use XBL's Silver options, for demos, DLC and the like. But MS changed Live!'s settings earlier this year, making it impossible to even connect. No protocol support for my ISP (HughesNet) or something like that. :( Oddly I can still use VC/Wiiware to buy/download things though. *shrugs*

What strikes me as odd about most members of neogaf is the fact that most all of them cannot seem to fathom that there are many people who still can't get broadband...why is that?

ethelred

Jokeropia said:
Based on what? You have Hudson saying they're not very successful, and then Telltale Games and 2D Boy saying they're very successful. Other developers mentioned by Nintendo as successful are Frontier, Tetris Online, WayForward Technologies, Capcom and Aksys.

Well, it's a matter of scale. When Hudson talks about being happy with Bomberman XBLA's sales, they're saying it's because it's sold over half a million copies. When Frontier and 2D Boy say they're happy with their sales, it's really not on the same scale as that.

Jokeropia said:
See gerg's post. It's better than nothing I suppose, but that comment is lamentably vague.

The comment wasn't vague at all. He pretty clearly states that XBLA is the biggest by far, PSN is smaller but still has a very strong potential to move units, and Wii is the smallest market of the three. I don't see any vagaries here.

Jokeropia said:
Unless his "sources" are Nintendo, Sony and MS themselves (and I don't think they'd give up that information), it's not a sufficient answer.

Not sufficient? Really? You don't think the guy that ran one of the three platforms was in a position to know the sales these games are moving? That's interesting.

What about when Christian Svensson says something like this:
Capcom is trying to lead in digital distribution, and I would go as far as to say that in the console space we are already the leading software publisher. We’ve had the highest revenue-generating Xbox Live title, we’ve had the highest revenue-generating Wii title, we’re definitely in the top three or four on the PlayStation network.

You immediately discount that, right? Because he is not Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft personified, surely he has absolutely no way of knowing what Capcom has generated in revenue relative to other publishers on the three services. You don't really believe that, do you? That these guys are all clueless about how stuff is selling?

volmer

The Wii's Shop Channel has always sucked. The interface is slow and clunky -- it feels like navigating a website from circa 1997. Also, it's not very easy to educate yourself about the games you can purchase while actually in the channel. It doesn't allow you to view screenshots (ok, so it has stamp-sized screen shots, but those are not very useful for anything), videos, or read what other people think of the games. On the contrary, the interface of the Nintendo Channel is actually decent in this regard, but because you can't purchase anything from within the Nintendo Channel, it's easier to just use a computer. I really think that Nintendo should just ditch the current Wii Shop Channel completely, add a shopping feature to the Nintendo Channel, and then rename the Nintendo Channel accordingly.

vanguardian1 said:
Last I checked, 1/3 of US households don't have access to cable/dsl.

63% of US homes have broadband internet, as in are paying for and receiving it. As of eighteen months ago, 72% of phoneline holders could get DSL and 96% of cable TV users had access to cable internet.

What strikes me as odd about most members of neogaf is the fact that most all of them cannot seem to fathom that there are many people who still can't get broadband...why is that?

Because literally something like 99% of US posters on GAF are going to live in places where everyone has access to broadband if they want to pay for it. Probably most of them couldn't find a place near where they lived with no broadband.

Jokeropia

ethelred said:
Well, it's a matter of scale. When Hudson talks about being happy with Bomberman XBLA's sales, they're saying it's because it's sold over half a million copies. When Frontier and 2D Boy say they're happy with their sales, it's really not on the same scale as that.
How do you know that? Do you have total sales in revenue or numbers for either of the WiiWare games? And on that note, do we know which is the best selling (in revenue or sales) game on either platform? Any profit numbers?
ethelred said:
Not sufficient? Really? You don't think the guy that ran one of the three platforms was in a position to know the sales these games are moving?
Oh I'm sure he has a good idea what XBLA did back when he ran it, but I doubt he'd have equal insight into WiiWare and PSN.

I also noted that he doesn't seem to include Virtual Console. WiiWare alone is only a part of the Wii online game store, and it's significantly younger than both PSN and XBLA so it'd be at an obvious disadvantage comparing LTD sales. (Which may or may not be what he's talking about.)
ethelred said:
You immediately discount that, right? Because he is not Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft personified, surely he has absolutely no way of knowing what Capcom has generated in revenue relative to other publishers on the three services. You don't really believe that, do you? That these guys are all clueless about how stuff is selling?
Well, for all we know, Nintendo/Sony/MS could've simply given him revenue rankings for their respective services without revealing any specific numbers. I don't know, but all three seem pretty secretive about these things so it would surprise me if it was given out freely. (Or rather, if it was given out freely, it would surprise me that no such data has ever leaked.)

Majmun

FFFFFFFFFFFuuu at Mario numbers. Only the tip of the iceberg, baby. :D

Great sales, but lifetime sales should tripple those easily.

The game is really fun. A friend of mine bought a Wii just for this game after we played it at my house.

ethelred

Jokeropia said:
Oh I'm sure he has a good idea what XBLA did back when he ran it, but I doubt he'd have equal insight into WiiWare and PSN. [...] Well, for all we know, Nintendo/Sony/MS could've simply given him revenue rankings for their respective services without revealing any specific numbers.

So your basic argument here seems to be that it's impossible for anyone to state the relative sizes of the three console-based digital distribution markets because no one knows this information outside of Satoru Iwata, Howard Stringer, and Bill Gates; no one else has any idea.

Gotcha.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, there's a general understanding that even if no one party has every single piece of information for every single game, there's a lot of information out there, enough to know the generalized scope and shape of the market. You asked for sources comparing the relative sizes here, and you're being given one that is stating that it's XBL > PSN > Wii. If you want to refute that, feel free to provide some contradictory evidence, but "no one knows!" is not sufficient.

(as a fun aside, the most entertaining part of Edery's presentation is how he spent railed on the popularity of vg chartz because it just makes up numbers which other people then cite without understanding the lack of accuracy in those numbers... of course, one of the other points he makes is that these people in the industry talk to each other on LinkedIn and the like and if you're not sure of the facts in question, it's a lot easier to get publishers and first parties to talk about sales in private rather than in public forums, which would also seem to be common sense to most people except for Jokeropia)

Cheez-It

ethelred said:
Meanwhile, back in the real world, there's a general understanding that even if no one party has every single piece of information for every single game, there's a lot of information out there, enough to know the generalized scope and shape of the market. You asked for sources comparing the relative sizes here, and you're being given one that is stating that it's XBL > PSN > Wii. If you want to refute that, feel free to provide some contradictory evidence, but "no one knows!" is not sufficient.

Hi. I work for company X. Using our product will make you more successful than our furthest competitor, and even more than our closest competitor.

Other data is highly specific, flaky or non-existent. But you can trust me.

charlequin said:
63% of US homes have broadband internet, as in are paying for and receiving it. As of eighteen months ago, 72% of phoneline holders could get DSL and 96% of cable TV users had access to cable internet.

Because literally something like 99% of US posters on GAF are going to live in places where everyone has access to broadband if they want to pay for it. Probably most of them couldn't find a place near where they lived with no broadband.

what's the difference between DSL (that's what we have here) and cable internet?

ethelred

Cheez-It said:
Hi. I work for company X. Using our product will make you more successful than our furthest competitor, and even more than our closest competitor.

Other data is highly specific, flaky or non-existent. But you can trust me.

So your only evidence is to impugn the source's credibility based on nothing other than that he used to work for one of the principal companies involved even though he is now independent and isn't competing in any way with Sony or Nintendo and actually advises independent developers pitching games to the console makers that they'll have better odds getting a greenlight from Sony and Nintendo than Microsoft.

Meh.

Maybe Next Gen. They can't easily fix the 40,000,000 (whatever) people who don't currently understand that they can connect to the internet with the Wii. Maybe next gen. Maybe they'll include a wired and a wireless ethernet port. Maybe they'll subscribe to something like Sprint Whispernet - ala Kindle. Will they? Can they? Is it economically feasible? How many additional revenue dollars can they gain by adding extra connection methods as part of the console? Will it offset the cost? We can more or less call the wired ethernet port a free improvement for their next console - the hardware might cost them $0.50 a console. The cellular network will probably have a slightly higher hardware cost, but network access (especially if it's included as part of the console cost) is considerable. Is there enough benefit in the inclusion of it?

Meh.

I think the idea that a higher percentage of the 18-35 y.o. male demo will successfully connect their console to internet is basically correct. Is dragging the rest of the userbase online worth the additional cost?

cvxfreak

Speaking of which, the Japanese NSMB Wii does contain a little leaflet telling people they can buy and enjoy SMB, SMB2, SMB3 and SMW on the VC via the internet. I wonder if that's sparked 2D Mario sales as of late here.

Souldriver said:
Telephone line versus tv cable.

Or was I wrong in assuming your question was that simple? :/

i got that both are for internet connections, one coming form the phone line and the other from the tv.

i wanted to know the difference between them (speed, price, advantages/disadvantages of both, etc).

ksamedi

Somnid, the Wii downloads to the Wii memory first and then copies to the SD card. It never directly downloads to SD. That could be a limiting factor for game file sizes.

ReyBrujo

vanguardian1 said:
Well, if I mention I am using a GeForce MX 4000 that can't handle 720p or higher I am sure I will get some laughs around. Or that my upload is 512kbps. Or that my TV is a 14'' CRT one. This forum is about the latest games, and to play them you usually need the latest technology.

°°ToMmY°° said:
what's the difference between DSL (that's what we have here) and cable internet?
In DSL your connection goes straight from your modem to the central. In cable, your connection goes from your modem to the central passing through every single house connection, which may degrade your signal.

In other words, the more cable modem users in an area, the more nodes your connection needs to jump to reach the central, and the more degrading possibilities. Phone lines are prepared to do the nodes jump, thus the degrade is non existant. Or so I heard.

(Edited: There is the possibility of my explanation about DSL is actually ADSL, I have ADSL here and sometimes use both terms as synonyms).

I finally added English versions of graphics in my excel sheet.

So here are some of them, based on Famitsu data.

cgaf01.png
hgaf05.png

cgaf03.png
cgaf04.png

cgaf05.png
cgaf02.png

hgaf03.png
hgaf04.png

hgaf01.png
hgaf02.png

I also focused on big series in Japan. It's only in French, but I guess everybody can understand.

Dragon Quest
Monster Hunter
Pokémon
Tales of
Mario

ReyBrujo

The_lascar said:
Has Layton 4 been released already? Can't see the line, maybe it is being hidden by the others? In any case, I am really happy with both Inazuma and Layton. I love both franchises and hopefully they will arrive faster here.

ethelred

cvxfreak said:
It's too bad Layton never seems to have enough steam to make it past 1 Million. So close, yet so far each time.

I'm wondering if when we see the next top 500, we'll see that Layton 1 has slipped a bit over the 1 million mark. It was remarkably close the last time we got concrete numbers.

Aside from that, though I'll confess to not really knowing what the games are actively going for in retail, I wonder why they haven't put out Best Price versions of the older titles. I'm also interested in seeing if any of their approaches towards extending the game's longevity prove successful enough to clamp down on resale/used turnover. There's no question in my mind that a lot of these strategies are partly why Dragon Quest 9 has sold so well.

Onesimos

cvxfreak said:
It's too bad Layton never seems to have enough steam to make it past 1 Million. So close, yet so far each time.

It is not the Layton games. Most games released in Japan do not have enough "steam" to make it pass one million. A game needs to appeal strongly to Japanese tastes and have "legs" to reach one million and beyond.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
ReyBrujo said:
Well, if I mention I am using a GeForce MX 4000 that can't handle 720p or higher I am sure I will get some laughs around. Or that my upload is 512kbps. Or that my TV is a 14'' CRT one. This forum is about the latest games, and to play them you usually need the latest technology.

Except that broadband isn't so much about affordability as it is availability. I need to find those numbers again, but they said at the beginning of the year (2009) that U.S. household broadband penetration was something around 50-55%, and access to those services was around 65-70%. I'll try to find those numbers again.

Zachack

°°ToMmY°° said:
i got that both are for internet connections, one coming form the phone line and the other from the tv.

i wanted to know the difference between them (speed, price, advantages/disadvantages of both, etc).
While the technical details are obviously different, for all intents and purposes, particularly for the audience being discussed, the answer is that there is no difference unless you apparently live in a region often marked by cannibalism. But for everyone else, if what you want is "fast internet", then either will provide similar speed and cost.

Onesimos said:
It is not the Layton games. Most games released in Japan do not have enough "steam" to make it pass one million. A game needs to appeal strongly to Japanese tastes and have "legs" to reach one million and beyond.

I think you miss interpreted what he said. He is just stating that each game has continued selling after the subsequent sequels, and all are now above 800k and inching towards a million. We all know that it's a rare occurrence for a game to reach a million.

wrowa

Onesimos said:
It's kinda funny that you explained this especially to cvxfreak.

wrowa said:
It's kinda funny that you explained this especially to cvxfreak.

I rarely go to 4chan, but I believe they would say "Lurk moar" or something along those lines to him. It can hard for a new poster who doesn't know all of the personalities and specialties of other posters to correctly interpret what everyone is saying. It also looks like English isn't his first language.

Road

[NDS] Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (Marvelous) - 29,000
[PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 3 (Namco Bandai) - 59,000
[PSP] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 69,000
[PS2] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 59,000
[WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 169,000
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 69,000
[360] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 39,000

...predictions.

kay

[360] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 45000
[NDS] Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (Marvelous) - 30000
[PS2] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 45000
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 70000
[PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 3 (Namco Bandai) - 80000
[PSP] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 55000
[WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 205000

1% off NSMB, could be better. :p

Road

Dengeki sales for the week -- Nov. 23 - 29:

01./00. [NDS] Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Level 5) - 272,856 / NEW
02./01. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 58,006 / 1,744,990
03./00. [WII] Momotaro Railway 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki (Hudson) - 48,706 / NEW
04./02. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 47,653 / 997,287
05./03. [NDS] Pokemon Soul Silver (Pokemon) - 28,583 / 1,579,099
06./07. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold (Pokemon) - 22,239 / 1,489,038
07./05. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 20,180 / 44,855
08./08. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 18,480 / 323,774
09./15. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 18,188 / 1,387,623
10./04. [WII] Taiko no Tatusjin Wii: Dodoon to 2 Yome! (Bandai Namco Games) - 17,525 / 42,586

11./13. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Blizzard (Level 5) - 15,489 / 354,752
12./12. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire (Level 5) - 14,500 / 337,407
13./09. [PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club wo Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J (Sega) - 13,218 / 124,375
14./11. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 10,371 / 88,080
15./18. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 10,044 / 57,454
16./00. [360] Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 (Cave) - 9,883 / NEW
17./17. [NDS] Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) - 8,839 / 180,229
18./00. [PSP] La Pucelle: Ragnarok (Nippon Ichi Software) - 8,806 / NEW
19./00. [PSP] Higurashi Daybreak Portable: Mega Edition (Alchemist) - 8,644 / NEW
20./00. [WII] Naruto: Shippuuden Ryujinki (Takara Tomy) - 8,333 / NEW

Other software:
[NDS] Layton Kyouju to Fushigina Machi (Level 5) - LTD: 932,000*
[NDS] Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako (Level 5) - FW: 311,000 / LTD: 945,000
[NDS] Layton Kyouju to Saigo no Jikan Ryokou (Level 5) - FW: 348,000 / LTD: 773,000

*estimated based on the total sales for the first three games being 2,650,000.

Code:
Hardware |  This Week |  Last Week |    YTD     |    LTD
------------------------------------------------------------
NDS      |    114,308 |    136,173 |  3,341,446 | 28,319,537
PSP      |     37,369 |     32,693 |  1,900,634 | 13,049,952
Wii      |     46,219 |     31,229 |  1,318,362 |  8,901,405
PS3      |     43,952 |     33,242 |  1,290,372 |  3,992,515
360      |      4,539 |      3,824 |    327,939 |  1,179,122
PS2      |      1,902 |      1,843 |            |
------------------------------------------------------------   
Total    |    248,289 |    239,004 |

Additional info:

- Market in November (11/02 - 11/29):
-- Hardware: 832,000 units (-9.9% YOY)
-- Software: 4,109,000 units (-30.2% YOY)

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/218/218740/
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/480/480541/
http://news.dengeki.com/soft/ranking/ranking.html

Laguna

Banned
So the Wii version of Winning Eleven will be the last one released again? That would be the third time. Awesome, that´s really great Konami.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
vanguardian1 said:
Last I checked, 1/3 of US households don't have access to cable/dsl. Me and my family opt to pay $70 a month for satellite internet with 300mb a day of downloading limit, with a reprieve between 2am-7am EST. It's either that or 28.8 dial-up. Cell-phone/wireless internet providers limit you to 4gb a month and charge you by the megabyte afterwords, with less than impressive service (at least in my area). I live outside of Davison, Michigan, FYI.

I live on an isolated island in the Atlantic ocean. I couldn't find a supermarket that sells plums this time of year because it's basically too expensive to ship most kinds of fruits here. Like I said, I got cable internet in 95/96.

This is why it strikes me as odd that someone living in the continental US has no broadband option :p

Road

Famitsu Top 20 for November (Oct. 26 to Nov. 29):
01. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 321,722 / NEW
02. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 308,944 / 1,709,209
03. [NDS] Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Level 5) - 301,290 / NEW
04. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 282,224 / 942,128
05. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon) - 250,472 / 3,021,701
06. [PS3] Bayonetta (Sega) - 187,379 / NEW
07. [NDS] Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) - 178,510 / NEW
08. [PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus) - 174,228 / NEW
09. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire (Level 5) - 163,769 / 659,104
10. [PS3] Tekken 6 (Bandai Namco Games) - 158,965 / NEW
11. [PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club wo Tsukurou! 6: Pride of J (Sega) - 126,155
12. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Bandai Namco Games) - 90,067
13. [360] Bayonetta (Sega) - 85,649
14. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 71,568 / 1,355,478
15. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 58,234 / 47,410
16. [WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Square Enix) - 48,061
17. [PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Universal Tuning (Square Enix) - 47,170
18. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 46,163
19. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Dodoon to 2 Yome! (Bandai Namco Games) - 45,644
20. [NDS] Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star (Capcom) - 44,110
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18775187&postcount=482
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/gmgk/m/

Nintendo DS Top 10:
01. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 308,944 / 1,709,209
02. [NDS] Layton Kyouju to Majin no Fue (Level 5) - 301,290
03. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon) - 250,472 / 3,021,701
04. [NDS] Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix) - 178,510
05. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire (Level 5) - 163,769 / 659,104
06. [NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 46,163
07. [NDS] Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star (Capcom) - 44,110
08. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Hoshizora no Mamoribito (Square Enix) - 43,624 / 4,038,990
09. [NDS] Summon Night X: Tears Crown (Bandai Namco Games) - 37,396
10. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel (Bandai Namco Games) - 34,419
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/gmds/m/

PlayStation 2 Top 10:
01. [PS2] Sekirei: Mirai Kara no Okurimono (Alchemist) - 7,991
02. [PS2] Sengoku Hime: Senran ni Mau Otometachi (War Princess) (Yeti) - 6,354
03. [PS2] Beatmania II DX 16 Empress + Premium Best (Konami) - 4,836 / 27,707
04. [PS2] Nade Pro: Kisama mo Seiyuu Yattemiro! (GungHo) - 4,761
05. [PS2] Momotaro Dentetsu 16: Hokkaido Daiido no Maki (PlayStation 2 the Best) (Hudson) - 3,108 / 53,300
06. [PS2] Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 14 CR Shinseiki Evangelion: Saigo no Shimono (D3 Publisher) - 3,099 / 66,026
07. [PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (Konami) - 2,865 / 117,180
08. [PS2] Grand Theft Auto: San Adreas (Best Price!) (Capcom) - 2,855 / 11,695
09. [PS2] Super Robot Taisen Z: Special Disc (Namco Bandai) - 2,819 / 91,101
10. [PS2] J-League Winning Eleven 2009 Club Championship (Konami) - 2,786 / 82,375
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/gmps/m/

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So we're apparently not getting ANY numbers today?

(it worked last week)

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
So we're apparently not getting ANY numbers today?

(it worked last week)
We might get them anytime soon. Famitsu.com hasnt posted their Top 10 list yet, and if i am not mistaken, i think that the leaked Famitsu numbers usually comes after Famitsu.com has posted their Top 10.

I am not sure if Famitsu.com will post their Top 10 list today though. Usually they have posted their list by now, so they are defintily a bit later today (if they post their list at all today that is).

Famitsu Review scores for prediction games:

[NDS] Luminous Arc 3: Eyes (Marvelous) - 32/40
[PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 3 (Namco Bandai) - ?/40
[PSP] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 29/40
[PS2] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 29/40
[WII] Tales of Graces (Namco Bandai) - 36/40
[PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 39/40
[360] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Square-Enix) - 39/40

[WII] Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 35/40

[WII] New Super Mario Bros Wii 40/40

Stumpokapow said:
It still kinda confuses me that there are current gen gamers who can't get broadband. I live in the boondocks; on a very sparsely populated island in the middle of nowhere... and I got broadband in 1996.

Your isolated island is one of the magic ones, I guess. I live in the US a few miles away from a town of population ~400 a few more miles away from a town of ~11,000. Not many good solutions. We have had HughesNet for years, but satellite latency makes many online games worse than they were with dial-up.
ksamedi said:
Somnid, the Wii downloads to the Wii memory first and then copies to the SD card. It never directly downloads to SD. That could be a limiting factor for game file sizes.
Where it's downloading to is less important than that it always copies it to the Wii before running.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stumpokapow said:
I live on an isolated island in the Atlantic ocean. I couldn't find a supermarket that sells plums this time of year because it's basically too expensive to ship most kinds of fruits here. Like I said, I got cable internet in 95/96.

This is why it strikes me as odd that someone living in the continental US has no broadband option :p
My in-laws live within the metropolitan limits of a city with a population of over 1 million, and they are currently limited to using a cell-phone provider for high speed internet access, unless they cough up $5k to Comcast.

ksamedi

JoshuaJSlone said:
Your isolated island is one of the magic ones, I guess. I live in the US a few miles away from a town of population ~400 a few more miles away from a town of ~11,000. Not many good solutions. We have had HughesNet for years, but satellite latency makes many online games worse than they were with dial-up.

Where it's downloading to is less important than that it always copies it to the Wii before running.

Good point, forgot about that one.

kswiston

Stumpokapow said:

It's hard to understand because you're Canadian. Broadband penetration here in Canada is much higher than it is in the US.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/technology/Canadians+online+Survey/2149817/story.html

89% of households in Canada have internet service according to the study above. Of those, 80% are connected to broadband service. Only 9% are connected to dial-up (rest are connect to a cellular or satellite service).

Broadband penetration in the US is around 65%

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/0906/

Top Bottom