Media Create Sales: November 22-28

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#1
Media Create November 22-28

01. / 00. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (SCE) {25/11/10} - 430.707 / NEW
02. / 00. [NDS] Super Robot Wars L (Bandai Namco) {25/11/10} - 129.054 / NEW
03. / 00. [WII] Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo) {25/11/10} - 84.983 / NEW
04. / 04. [WII] Super Mario All-Stars (Nintendo) {21/10/10} - 47.487 / 613.415 (+24%)
05. / 03. [NDS] Pokemon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) {18/09/10} - 43.227 / 4.494.106 (+8%)
06. / 01. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops (Subtitled Edition) (Square Enix) {18/11/10} - 31.354 / 160.275 (-76%)
07. / 02. [NDS] Super Fossil Fighters (Nintendo) {18/11/10} - 26.195 / 69.024 (-39%)
08. / 00. [PSP] Dangan-Ronpa (Spike) {25/11/10} - 25.564 / NEW
09. / 00. [NDS] Power Pro Kun Pocket 13 (Konami) {25/11/10} - 24.717 / NEW
10. / 14. [WII] Wii Party (Nintendo) {08/07/10} - 24.525 / 1.232.562 (+46%)
11. / 08. [NDS] Magician’s Quest: The Merchant’s Store of Sorcery (Konami) {11/11/10} - 22.395 / 87.521 (-10%)
12. / 00. [PSP] Little Busters! Converted Edition (Prototype) {25/11/10} - 20.066 / NEW
13. / 18. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (w/ Remote Plus) (Nintendo) {11/11/10} - 17.325 / 43.509 (+48%)
14. / 05. [PSP] Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (Square Enix) {11/11/10} - 16.794 / 230.296 (-55%)
15. / 00. [PS3] Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll (Koei Tecmo) {25/11/10} - 16.551 / NEW
16. / 09. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {28/10/10} - 16.371 / 340.175 (-27%)
17. / 06. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {18/11/10} - 15.832 / 51.332 (-55%)
18. / 17. [WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo) {14/10/10} - 13.878 / 213.495 (+17%)
19. / 00. [NDS] Minna to Kimi no Piramekino! (Bandai Namco) {25/11/10} - 13.197 / NEW
20. / 11. [PSP] God Eater: Burst (Bandai Namco) {28/10/10} - 12.983 / 388.065 (-31%)

21. / 00. [PSP] Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Ryouran Sangokushi Engi - Shu-Hen (Yeti) {25/11/10}
22. / 23. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) {10/04/08}
23. / 27. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) {03/12/09}
24. / 00. [360] DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu (Cave) {25/11/10}
25. / 15. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (Bandai Namco) {11/11/10}
26. / 00. [PSP] Kingdom: Ikkitousen no Ken (Konami) {25/11/10}
27. / 22. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) {01/10/09}
28. / 34. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) {27/05/10}
29. / 00. [PSP] Miyako (Idea Factory) {25/11/10}
30. / 12. [PSP] Criminal Girls (Nippon Ichi Software) {18/11/10}
31. / 16. [PS2] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {18/11/10}
32. / 39. [NDS] Art Academy (Nintendo) {19/06/10}
33. / 21. [NDS] More! Stitch! DS Scribble Battle Through Rhythm DS (Disney Interactive) {18/11/10}
34. / 37. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) {25/05/06}
35. / 28. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Narikiri Challenge (Bandai Namco) {11/11/10}
36. / 00. [PSP] Tears to Tiara: Kakan no Daichi Portable (Aqua Plus) {25/11/10}
37. / 10. [PS3] Record of Agarest War 2 (Compile Heart) {18/11/10}
38. / 07. [360] Call of Duty: Black Ops (Subtitled Edition) (Square Enix) {18/11/10}
39. / 00. [PSP] Ishin Renka: Ryouma Gaiden (D3 Publisher) {25/11/10}
40. / 31. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite [PSP the Best Reprint] (Capcom) {24/12/09}
41. / 44. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo) {18/06/09}
42. / 36. [PS3] Beat Sketch! (SCE) {21/10/10}
43. / 13. [PS3] Gekiatsu!! Pachi Game Tamashi: CR Evangelion - Hajimari no Fukuin (Fields) {18/11/10}
44. / 20. [WII] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami) {18/11/10}
45. / 30. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (Square Enix) {07/10/10}
46. / 25. [WII] FlingSmash (Nintendo) {18/11/10}
47. / 00. [WII] Anpanman Niki Noki Party (Agatsuma Entertainment) {25/11/10}
48. / 32. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition [PlayStation 3 the Best] (Capcom) {11/11/10}
49. / 00. [NDS] Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: MM My Best Friend! (Konami) {25/11/10}
50. / 38. [NDS] One Piece: Gigant Battle (Bandai Namco) {09/09/10}

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) {22/11/10} - 1.479.110 / 51.773.408 (+62%)


NDS - 14
PSP - 12
WII - 12
PS3 - 9
360 - 2
PS2 - 1


HARDWARE

Code:
__________________________________________________________________           
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |           
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     77.364  |     98.417  |  1.965.599  |  15.708.687  |
|  PS3  |     68.840  |     29.058  |  1.312.315  |   5.813.682  |           
|  NDS  |     56.457  |     44.290  |  2.234.746  |  31.513.826  |         
|  WII  |     41.267  |     27.851  |  1.230.170  |  10.835.369  |              
|  360  |      4.329  |      7.083  |    190.902  |   1.400.574  |       
|  PS2  |      1.332  |      1.255  |     75.153  |  21.685.330  |       
------------------------------------------------------------------           
| DSiLL |     28.370  |     21.836  |  1.128.229  |   1.635.136  |       
|  DSi  |     26.548  |     20.550  |    899.001  |   5.237.947  |       
|  DSL  |      1.539  |      1.904  |    207.516  |  18.055.272  |       
------------------------------------------------------------------           
|  PSP  |     75.689  |     96.601  |  1.901.121  |  15.568.454  |       
| PSPgo |      1.675  |      1.816  |     64.478  |     140.233  |       
------------------------------------------------------------------

D a t a b a s e
Media Create Sales: Japanese Sales database <-download it here

Previous Media-Create Threads
2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010


Media Create Sales: 11/15 - 11/21
Media Create Sales: 11/08 - 11/14
Media Create Sales: 11/01 - 11/07
Media Create Sales: 10/25 - 10/31
Media Create Sales: 10/18 - 10/24
Media Create Sales: 10/11 - 10/17
Media Create Sales: 10/04 - 10/10
Media Create Sales: 09/27 - 10/03
 
Jun 30, 2004
14,517
76
1,440
#3
Same comment as in the other thread:
Nice debut for GT5, a bit short of what I expected (500k for the game and 80k for the PS3) but got pretty close to it.
Next week will be really interesting, we have the MHP3 launch, Tales of Graces on PS3 and of course we have to see what kind of legs GT5 has and if Wii will continue to rise as we get close to Xstmas.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#8
seattle6418 said:
Compared to GT1, 2, 3 and 4, is that a good week?
Media Create
{27/12/04 - 20/02/05} 0014. [PS2] Gran Turismo 4 (SCE) {28/12/04} - 634.769 / 956.720

Famitsu
{22/12/97 - 14/02/10} 0006. [PS1] Gran Turismo (SCE) {23/12/97} - 648.650 / 2.186.375
{06/12/99 - 31/12/00} 0010. [PS1] Gran Turismo 2 (SCE) {11/12/99} - 748.581 / 1.460.687
{23/04/01 - 12/07/09} 0006. [PS2] Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (SCE) {28/04/01} - 468.391 / 1.438.743
{27/12/04 - 12/07/09} 0012. [PS2] Gran Turismo 4 (SCE) {28/12/04} - 663.543 / 1.066.749
 
May 12, 2006
26,793
4
0
#11
Grimmy said:
Poor Dangun-Ronpa and Tactics Ogre :(
Tactics Ogre has been out for several weeks and has blown away sales expectations. It's also showing pretty good legs considering how brutal the Japanese used game market is after a couple of weeks.
 
Sep 8, 2005
3,025
0
0
#13
badcrumble said:
Tactics Ogre has been out for several weeks and has blown away sales expectations. It's also showing pretty good legs considering how brutal the Japanese used game market is after a couple of weeks.
I was hoping Tactics Ogre will hit 300,000, that's why.
 
Aug 25, 2005
6,340
0
0
New York City
#14
Blablurn said:
sony dominating japan again. didn't expect that two years ago. thank god they released the PS3 slim that early. it was a really good move.

anyway, wow @ PSP numbers :lol amazin. japanese weekly sales are killing american monthly sales. funny and amazing. can't wait for monster hunter portable 3 numbers...
I think this statement is opaquely true at best.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#15
Pureauthor said:
How'd SRWL do against other handheld SRWs?
{29/07/02 - 11/08/02} 0028. [GBA] Super Robot Wars R (Banpresto) {02/08/02} - 195.203 / 244.900
{18/11/02 - 24/11/02} 0048. [GBA] Super Robot Wars: Original Generation (Banpresto) {22/11/02} - 147.300 / 147.300
{04/08/03 - 24/08/03} 0044. [GBA] Super Robot Wars D (Banpresto) {08/08/03} - 113.600 / 170.600
{31/01/05 - 13/02/05} 0052. [GBA] Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 2 (Banpresto) {03/02/05} - 117.876 / 133.717
{12/09/05 - 09/10/05} 0047. [GBA] Super Robot Wars J (Banpresto) {15/09/05} - 95.443 / 149.396
{26/02/07 - 30/12/07} 0103. [NDS] Super Robot Wars W (Banpresto) {01/03/07} - 139.311 / 288.744
{26/05/08 - 28/12/08} 0209. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Banpresto) {29/05/08} - 97.825 / 129.304
{16/03/09 - 03/01/10} 0150. [NDS] Super Robot Wars K (Bandai Namco) {20/03/09} - 117.388 / 192.167
{22/02/10 - 28/02/10} 0346. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed (Bandai Namco) {25/02/10} - 64.805 / 64.805
{24/05/10 - 06/06/10} 0282. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental (Bandai Namco) {27/05/10} - 80.764 / 90.273
 
Feb 20, 2007
11,779
0
0
Switzerland
#19
Blablurn said:
sony dominating japan again. didn't expect that two years ago. thank god they released the PS3 slim that early. it was a really good move.

anyway, wow @ PSP numbers :lol amazin. japanese weekly sales are killing american monthly sales. funny and amazing. can't wait for monster hunter portable 3 numbers...
I think Sony did indeed catch ground on Nintendo but overall, the situation is balanced. And with the 3DS incoming, I think momentum will shift in Nintendo's favour again.
 
Jun 11, 2006
21,847
0
0
#21
Chris1964 said:
{29/07/02 - 11/08/02} 0028. [GBA] Super Robot Wars R (Banpresto) {02/08/02} - 195.203 / 244.900
{18/11/02 - 24/11/02} 0048. [GBA] Super Robot Wars: Original Generation (Banpresto) {22/11/02} - 147.300 / 147.300
{04/08/03 - 24/08/03} 0044. [GBA] Super Robot Wars D (Banpresto) {08/08/03} - 113.600 / 170.600
{31/01/05 - 13/02/05} 0052. [GBA] Super Robot Wars: Original Generation 2 (Banpresto) {03/02/05} - 117.876 / 133.717
{12/09/05 - 09/10/05} 0047. [GBA] Super Robot Wars J (Banpresto) {15/09/05} - 95.443 / 149.396
{26/02/07 - 30/12/07} 0103. [NDS] Super Robot Wars W (Banpresto) {01/03/07} - 139.311 / 288.744
{26/05/08 - 28/12/08} 0209. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier (Banpresto) {29/05/08} - 97.825 / 129.304
{16/03/09 - 03/01/10} 0150. [NDS] Super Robot Wars K (Bandai Namco) {20/03/09} - 117.388 / 192.167
{22/02/10 - 28/02/10} 0346. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed (Bandai Namco) {25/02/10} - 64.805 / 64.805
{24/05/10 - 06/06/10} 0282. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental (Bandai Namco) {27/05/10} - 80.764 / 90.273
Thanks for the info. Looks fairly in the middle then.
 
Feb 20, 2007
11,779
0
0
Switzerland
#26
Blablurn said:
but the next handheld gen truly starts with PSP2
I can't wait for the 3DS
And I can't wait for money... :'-(

Chris1964 said:
Make it 200k.

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. There is no bundle containing MHP3, right ? This week sales are lower than last week, which was the time Sony introduced the MHP3 PSP.

Or am I making a mistake.
 
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
#27
Kenka said:
And I can't wait for money... :'-(




Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. There is no bundle containing MHP3, right ? This week sales are lower than last week, which was the time Sony introduced the MHP3 PSP.

Or am I making a mistake.
The MHP3 PSP was released yesterday.
 
Jun 30, 2004
14,517
76
1,440
#28
Kenka said:
I think Sony did indeed catch ground on Nintendo but overall, the situation is balanced. And with the 3DS incoming, I think momentum will shift in Nintendo's favour again.
Wait until Sony announces the PSP2 right around the 3DS launch among with Monster Hunter Portable 4 as an exclusive launch title :lol :D (just joking....at this point).
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#31
cvxfreak said:
Really?

From my observations, PSP hardware did not move with MHP3 anywhere near the same pace the PS3 did when FFXIII was released.
That's the number I gave at last thread's predictions. I think it will be close.
 
Dec 6, 2008
29,041
2
0
London
#33
I hope Mario Sports Mix doesn't reach 150k, that will make Nintendo and SE step up thier game when it comes to cross-gaming thier franchises.

Next week will be a huge Monster. Will PSP hunt down the DS YTD?
 

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Sep 7, 2006
6,490
0
1,180
NYC
#34
faridmon said:
I hope Mario Sports Mix doesn't reach 150k, that will make Nintendo and SE step up thier game when it comes to cross-gaming thier franchises.

Next week will be a huge Monster. Will PSP hunt down the DS YTD?
Its almost a given but it wont cross it until the end of the year.
 
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
#35
Chris1964 said:
That's the number I gave at last thread's predictions. I think it will be close.
The week is young, so it's certainly possible.

---

The next game we should all turn our attention to is Ni no Kuni. The hype is beginning to build up and I'm expecting it to be big right out of the gate.

The holiday season has pretty much begun. The release schedules are set, and many big games are coming out in the next few weeks. Mario Collection and Pokemon BW went up this week.
 
Nov 4, 2009
13,036
0
0
#37
When does Donkey Kong release in Japan? That's the only thing I see that could get Wii over PS3 YTD this year.

My guess is, 1M for GT5 after the dust settles, and the holiday bump will help that out tremendously.

PSP, I could see it beating the DS in Japan YTD this year with MHP3. That's going to be one massive title.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#40
cvxfreak said:
The week is young, so it's certainly possible.

---

The next game we should all turn our attention to is Ni no Kuni. The hype is beginning to build up and I'm expecting it to be big right out of the gate.

The holiday season has pretty much begun. The release schedules are set, and many big games are coming out in the next few weeks. Mario Collection and Pokemon BW went up this week.
Any specific reason why Wii went up? Restock of red Wii? Advertising?
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,200
#44
Chris1964 said:
Media Create November 22-28

01. / 00. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (SCE) {25/11/10} - 430.707 / NEW
*shrugs* Guess you can't say omg bombed similar to FFXIII but its still a good decline. I could say latest low and mid tier PS3 software doing great led me to believe high tier could also be improving but doesn't seem to be the case yet. In examples, the likes of old traditional million sellers like Mingol, GT, Musou, WE, FF won't reach PS2 heights on PS3 just yet...but lower tiers do have a chance, it'll be interesting to see if Tales of Xillia takes it back to 500k-territory.
 
Nov 4, 2009
13,036
0
0
#45
For a high profile game that missed its intended date of release and then released to stores with little fanfare, I'd say it had a really good opening. It's legs will be the main decider. I think with the holiday bump, it'll clear GT4 numbers, though.
 

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Feb 28, 2007
9,031
0
0
#46
1st Weeks sales of GT3 was 620K. GT5 did 430 sales in 4 days. The first week sales for GT5 will probably be comparable to GT3, but it probably wouldn't have the same legs, considering the lower install base of PS3.

Edit:I think you guys are forgetting the game launched in the middle of the week on 25th, one day later than the west.
 
Jul 27, 2006
1,610
0
0
Italy
www.gamers4um.it
#48
Elios83 said:
Wait until Sony announces the PSP2 right around the 3DS launch among with Monster Hunter Portable 4 as an exclusive launch title :lol :D (just joking....at this point).
"Announcing" isn't necessarily enough nowadays, especially with Capcom. :lol

Back on GT5, I'd say its numbers aren't that shocking, considering past episodes on PS2.

IIRC GT3 was also being bundled, so I consider it a bit skewed overall.

I don't remember about GT4, though... was it bundled too? Also, I believe it would be quite interesting to know the installed base of the PS2 at that time (and maybe its price, too) for reference.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
#50
bobbytkc said:
Then I don't see why they are comparing 1st week sales to GT3 without first week numbers. Unless I am not reading it right.
I'm not sure I understand. Post #8 has first week/LTD sales and the number of days for first week and LTD