• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales numbers 8/29 - 4/9

mutsu

1 PS2 - Tales of Legendia - 52,000
2 NDS - Brain Training DS - 34,000
3 NDS - Yawaraka Atama Juku - 31,000
4 PS2 - Gundam Seed Destiny ~ Generation of C.E - 28,000
5 PSP - Bleach ~ Heat the Soul 2 ~ - 26,000
6 NDS - Jump Super Stars - 22,000
7 PS2 - Winning Eleven 9 - 21,000
8 PS2 - Naruto ~ uzumaki Ninden - 17,000
9 GBA - Mushi King - 13,000
10 PS2 - Winning Post 7 - 11,000

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was just typing it up when my brother delayed me. Here's the list with LTD's.

1. PS2 Tales of Legendia - 52,000 (294,000)
2. NDS DS Training For Adults - 34,000 (487,000)
3. NDS Gentle Brain Exercises - 31,000 (444,000)
4. PS2 Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of C.E. - 28,000 (146,000)
5. PSP BLEACH 2 - 26,000 NEW
6. NDS Jump Super Stars - 22,000 (327,000)
7. PS2 Winning Eleven 9 - 21,000 (783,000)
8. PS2 Naruto Uzumaki Ninden - 17,000 (147,000)
9. GBA Mushiking - Sega - 13,000 (518,000)
10. PS2 Winning Post 7 - 11,000 (39,000)

EDIT: BTW this is one crappy week for software sales.

Fuzzy said:
I was just typing it up when my brother delayed me. Here's the list with LTD's.

1. PS2 Tales of Legendia - 52,000 (294,000)
2. NDS DS Training For Adults - 34,000 (487,000)
3. NDS Gentle Brain Exercises - 31,000 (444,000)
4. PS2 Gundam Seed Destiny: Generation of C.E. - 28,000 (146,000)
5. PSP BLEACH 2 - 26,000 NEW
6. NDS Jump Super Stars - 22,000 (327,000)
7. PS2 Winning Eleven 9 - 21,000 (783,000)
8. PS2 Naruto Uzumaki Ninden - 17,000 (147,000)
9. GBA Mushiking - Sega - 13,000 (518,000)
10. PS2 Winning Post 7 - 11,000 (39,000)

Ah, I was thinking, even if milking apathy has hit, 52,000 seems extremely low for a 'Tales of' game.

Mrbob

krypt0nian said:
In which territory? ;)

oh_snap.jpg

Go DS go. Solidify the platform as the leader of nongames so all the real ones get moved to psp!

Fuzzy

Culex said:
Should be interesting in both Japan and the US.
Because the PSP will double the DS in the US for August and the opposite will happen in Japan for this week? ;)

heidern

Bleach:HtS sold 36K its first week so 26K is a big drop off.
As for Brain Training, they are now at a cumulative 931K and as early as next week could be over a million conmbined. The insanity just continues, since sales actually went UP from last week when the DS sold 57K. Looks like the DS will hold up at that level this week as well.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Solidify the platform as the leader of nongames so all the real ones get moved to psp!"

yes, PSP - the games platform - where the creators themselves foresee a 60% share for UMD movies! THE TRUE GAMERS PLATFORM INDEED!

heidern

Fuzzy said:
Because the PSP will double the DS in the US for August and the opposite will happen in Japan for this week? ;)
More likely psp sales in the US will be 30% higher than DS sales, whereas in Japan DS sales will be around 300% of the psp sales figure.

Mrbob

DCharlie said:
yes, PSP - the games platform - where the creators themselves foresee a 60% share for UMD movies! THE TRUE GAMERS PLATFORM INDEED!

This just means Sony is shipping a hell of a lot more UMD discs than Nintendo is DS carts.

Also, PSP software has already outsold DS software in NA and the same will soon happen in Europe. Go buy your 12th Game Boy Advance. :)

Mrbob said:
This just means Sony is shipping a hell of a lot more UMD discs than Nintendo is DS carts.

Also, PSP software has already outsold DS software in NA and the same will soon happen in Europe. Go buy your 12th Game Boy Advance. :)

But its smaller!

Fuzzy

heidern said:
More likely psp sales in the US will be 30% higher than DS sales, whereas in Japan DS sales will be around 300% of the psp sales figure.
Do you guys really believe that the US DS sales will be that high for August? Sonycowboy posted that the final week of August saw sales of 50K. Combine that with Nintendo stating it sold 3X more than the previous week. Put that all together and we have August barely breaking 100K. Don't fool yourself into thinking it'll be much higher.

EDIT: But that's enough about the US, this is a Japanese sales thread.

Mrbob

DS will be around 100-120K for August.

But I expect the PSP to have its weakest month so far. Nothing came out except for Death Jr. I say 155K.

But its smaller!

Hah, yes, silly me. The games are so much better on the 2" screen!

Culex said:
DS sold 285k in August, excluding the 29-31st, in Japan.

What does GTA have to do with August numbers, in either Japan, or the US?

Umm read the post I quoted. WTF?

And August will be a wake up for you re: DS sales. But as usual when a savior game doesn't sell hardwre, a new savior game will be appointed.

Culex

Banned
krypt0nian said:

And August will be a wake up for you re: DS sales. But as usual when a savior game doesn't sell hardwre, a new savior game will be appointed.

Your reply was in turn from a quote talking about August...

heidern

krypt0nian said:
Umm, actually you need to read the post that I was quoting again.#

Fuzzy said:
Do you guys really believe that the US DS sales will be that high for August?
I assumed August DS sales of 110K and psp sales of 140-150K in the US. Hence the psp being around 30% higher. In Japan for this week I assumed DS sales of around 60K which is 300% of the 20K I assumed for the psp.

Mrbob

krypt0nian said:

The clock is ticking too

1591974550.jpg

GTA Liberty City Stories is almost here. While it doesn't mean a damn thing for Japan (Although I think GTA3 and Vice City sold all right), it is going to be absolutely massive for North America and Europe. Rockstar confirmed today the game will be out by the end of the 4th fiscal quarter. Which means the latest release date will be before October 31. I will never underestimate the appeal and draw of a GTA game again after the pull San Andreas brought.

Fuzzy

heidern said:
I assumed August DS sales of 110K and psp sales of 140-150K in the US. Hence the psp being around 30% higher. In Japan for this week I assumed DS sales of around 60K which is 300% of the 20K I assumed for the psp.
I guess I didn't think you'd predict the PSP so low for the US.

Culex

Banned
heidern said:
Umm, actually you need to read the post that I was quoting again.#

Or, that the PSP only sold 89.9k for August in Japan, 300% less than the DS.

heidern

Oh fuck, look what's cuming to the DS this week.

Tecmo is relieving their stockrooms of Touch de Rakusho! Pachislot Rio de Carnival. Are DS sales going to grow and shoot through the roof?!?

tecboxart.jpg

tec6.jpg
tec4.jpg

tec5.jpg
tec3.jpg

tec2.jpg
tec1.jpg

Pimpwerx

Culex said:
Or, that the PSP only sold 89.9k for August in Japan, 300% less than the DS.
Maybe you mean DS sold 300% more than PSP, in which case, PSP sold 25% of the DS total. I don't think it's possible to have more than 100% less than anything, unless you're going into negatives. ;) PEACE.

Culex

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Maybe you mean DS sold 300% more than PSP, in which case, PSP sold 25% of the DS total. I don't think it's possible to have more than 100% less than anything, unless you're going into negatives. ;) PEACE.

Whatever :lol

It's not my fault I was forced to eat lead paint chips as a child.

The DS sold 80K in July versus 202k for the PSP, and that's with no games, barely any games that made noise. The YTD shows the PSP backhanding the DS by about a million units. Japan is the interesting territory for sales, the US is not.

In Japan, at least it's a semi-OK race.

Cragstar

Banned
If anything
Japan DS Vs PSP has shown Sony that They don't care if its got PlayStation attached to the name of the console.
They'll buy what console they want!

heidern

The Abominable Snowman said:
The psp sold 89K in August versus 285k for the DS, and that's with no movies. The Japan LTD shows the DS backhanding the psp by about a million and a half units. The US shows the DS 200K units ahead. The US is the interesting territory for sales, Japan is not.

In the US, at least it's a semi-OK race.

I agree.

Rock_Man

YTD (Dengeki):
Yawaraka Atama Juku: 454k
Brain Training: 515k
Nintendogs: 677k
All DS software 2005: 3,620k

So these 3 titles account for 45.5% of DS software sales this year!

Great sales for the Brain Trainings(and JSS seems to have quite good legs too) :D

A bit poor for Bleach 2...(or has it perhaps scored poor?)

Mrbob said:
Rockstar confirmed today the game will be out by the end of the 4th fiscal quarter. Which means the latest release date will be before October 31. I will never underestimate the appeal and draw of a GTA game again after the pull San Andreas brought.

Have Rockstar released a firm release date yet? The reason I ask is a US-fiscal year ends on September 31st (according to wikipedia)... if it's a British-fiscal year, the final day of the 4th quarter is April 5th.

If Rockstar mean a US-year, then it means that the game would be mastering around about today as it takes about 3 weeks for production. Have we heard ANY news yet?

Anyway, sorry that was a bit off topic, so eerrrr "GO JAPAN SALES OF STUFF"!

marvelharvey said:
Have Rockstar released a firm release date yet? The reason I ask is a US-fiscal year ends on September 31st (according to wikipedia)... if it's a British-fiscal year, the final day of the 4th quarter is April 5th.

If Rockstar mean a US-year, then it means that the game would be mastering around about today as it takes about 3 weeks for production. Have we heard ANY news yet?

Anyway, sorry that was a bit off topic, so eerrrr "GO JAPAN SALES OF STUFF"!

Hold on... I was being an idoit, the September 31st date is for the US government, NOT the US itself. Sorry to have caused any alarm >_<

Top Bottom