• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Oct 26-Nov 1, 2009

starsky

Member
Dec 11, 2008
1,450
0
0
shintoki said:
They disrespected his system. Never disrespect someone who is emotionally invested into a faceless corporation's system.
:lol I love GAF.

I'm glad Bayonetta is doing well. Hopefully it'll be received just as well in the Western counterpart.

About Wii, I dunno. Just a hunch, but I think it'll be fine and gets back on top.
 

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Oct 9, 2007
29,361
0
1,200
duckroll said:
Yeah, I'm sure it's so simple. I hear in Russia they have trained two hamsters to port PS3 games to the 360 within 5 months, and running at 60fps.
That would be the most adorable thing one could see in their lifetime. I fully endorse Russian hamster PS3 porting.
 

Somnid

Member
Aug 9, 2006
19,685
0
1,215
Bizzyb said:
What's so Bad about Bayonetta again??

Also, anyone think the Wii will ever gain top console position again? Seems like PS3 is now handily beating it out.
The baseline sales seem to be around the same (within about 3k). PS3 had some strong releases this week though. It's anyone's game right now.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
TheRagnCajun said:
Wow @ Motorstorm. At this rate Japan might not be seeing more from the franchise...
And the rest of the world will?

From September NPD
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge <3k
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Dragon Quest Series: Total Shipment Figures (Japan)

1986.05.27 [FC] Dragon Quest (1.50M)
1987.01.26 [FC] Dragon Quest II (2.40M)
1988.02.10 [FC] Dragon Quest III (3.80M)
1990.02.11 [FC] Dragon Quest IV (3.00M)
1992.09.27 [SFC] Dragon Quest V (2.80M)
1995.12.09 [SFC] Dragon Quest VI (3.20M)
2000.08.26 [PS] Dragon Quest VII (4.15M)
2004.12.27 [PS2] Dragon Quest VIII (3.70M)
2009.07.11 [NDS] Dragon Quest IX (4.20M)

800K to go. Dragon Quest IX is the best selling Dragon Quest and from the side of shipments and without a budget re-release. I guess S-E can ship 200-300K more for this year since the holiday season should give it a big boost. Wada wasn't crazy after all.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Next week releases (12/11/09)

[NDS] Mega Man Battle Network: Operate Shooting Star (Capcom)
[NDS] Nihonshi DS (IE Institute)
[NDS] Sekaishi DS (IE Institute)
[NDS] The 3 Sisters in My Family DS 2: 3 Shimai no Dekake Daisakusen (Culture Brain)

[PSP] J-League Pro Soccer Club! 6: Pride of J (Sega)
[PSP] Hexyz Force (Atlus Co.)
[PSP] Warship Gunner 2 Portable (Koei)
[PSP] Battle Spirits: Kiseki no Hasha (Namco Bandai)
[PSP] Higarushi no Naku Koro ni: Jan (AQ Interactive)
[PSP] Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star (GungHo Works)
[PSP] Sengoku Hime: Senran ni Mau Otometachi (Yeti)
[PSP] Sekai Saikyou Ginsei Igo Kouza (SilverStar)
[PSP] Need for Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts Victor)
[PSP] Shaun White Snowboarding (Ubi the Best) (Ubisoft)

[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix)

[PS3] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Namco Bandai)
[PS3] Need for Speed: Shift (Electronic Arts Victor)
[PS3] Shaun White Snowboarding (Ubi the Best) (Ubisoft)

[360] Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (Namco Bandai)
[360] Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2010 (Square Enix)

[PS2] Sengoku Hime: Senran ni Mau Otometachi (Yeti)
[PS2] Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2010 (Square Enix) - 10/11/09
 

kswiston

Member
Mar 25, 2005
35,138
1
0
Canada
I can't believe I had to dig back 4 pages for this thread, but last week's thread was on page 1.

Anyhow, Glad to see that Dissidia did pretty well for a PSP title overseas (even if a lot of those 700k copies are still on store shelves). I would like to get a sequel to that game at some point. Had a lot of fun with it.
 

Moor-Angol

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
4,504
2
0
45
Japan
retrogamesheaven.com
A few numbers for better understanding the actual situation in Japan

n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2007 : 3
n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2008 : 1
n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2009 : 16 (till 25/10/2009, 17 considering last week)

since PS3 new model launch, the system always sold more than Wii (8 weeks in a row, 9 considering last week)


market shares :

end of October 2008
Wii - 68,6%
PS3 - 23,7%
360 - 7,6%

end of October 2009
Wii - 64,0%
PS3 - 27,5%
360 - 8,5%

After 12 months
Wii : -4,6%
PS3: +3,8%
360: +0,9%

64% is the lowest percentage for Wii since the end of April 07 and 27,5% is the highest percentage for PS3 since... Wii launch week.
From PS3 new model introduction, the system gained 2% on the market (1,9% from Wii and 0,1% from 360)


based from Famitsu numbers
 

vicissitudes

Banned
Jul 10, 2008
7,547
0
0
Moor-Angol said:
A few numbers for better understanding the actual situation in Japan

n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2007 : 3
n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2008 : 1
n. of weeks PS3 sold more than Wii in 2009 : 16 (till 25/10/2009, 17 considering last week)

since PS3 new model launch, the system always sold more than Wii (8 weeks in a row, 9 considering last week)


market shares :

end of October 2008
Wii - 68,6%
PS3 - 23,7%
360 - 7,6%

end of October 2009
Wii - 64,0%
PS3 - 27,5%
360 - 8,5%

After 12 months
Wii : -4,6%
PS3: +3,8%
360: +0,9%

64% is the lowest percentage for Wii since the end of April 07 and 27,5% is the highest percentage for PS3 since... Wii launch week.
From PS3 new model introduction, the system gained 2% on the market (1,9% from Wii and 0,1% from 360)


based from Famitsu numbers
Nice numbers, what about end of October 2007? :D
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
DSi 37,517
PS3 36,061
PSP 34,911
PSP go 29,109
Wii 28,888
DS Lite 6,902
Xbox 360 6,047
PS2 1,966

Huh, Wii actually went up a bit too.
 
May 2, 2008
23,866
0
0
[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix)

What does everyone think? 'Meh' sales or great sales? Game looks pretty great imo
 

Pureauthor

Member
Jun 11, 2006
21,847
0
0
US PSP software sales make grown men* cry.

*mostly those men who have a vested interest in Sony financials.

Also, once again, HAHAHA at PSPGo launch sales.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
BlazingDarkness said:
[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix)

What does everyone think? 'Meh' sales or great sales? Game looks pretty great imo

It is going to bomb, unless it somehow catches on with the broader Wii audience. I'm thinking 60K first week, maybe 110K LTD.
 

7Th

Member
Aug 23, 2005
16,041
0
0
31
engawa.2ch.net
BlazingDarkness said:
[WII] Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Square Enix)

What does everyone think? 'Meh' sales or great sales? Game looks pretty great imo
It won't do better than 4 Warriors of Light, that's for sure.
 
Aug 30, 2007
14,209
0
0
schuelma said:
It is going to bomb, unless it somehow catches on with the broader Wii audience. I'm thinking 60K first week, maybe 110K LTD.
Which will be incredibly disappointing. I am actually anticipating it much more than FFXIII.
 

onken

Member
Dec 15, 2008
7,731
16
850
some place.. far away. yes, that will do
31-50:

30 PSP Macross Ultimate Frontier
31 PS3 FIFA10
32 DS Shin Megami Tensei: STRANGE JOURNEY
33 PSP Kenka Banchou Portable
34 PS3 Call of Duty 4
35 PSP Undead Knights
36 Wii Mario Kart Wii
37 XB360 Forza 3
38 PS3 Uncharted (The Best)
39 PS3 Tales of Vesperia
40 Wii Monster Hunter 3
41 DS Game Book DS Sword World 2
42 PSP Minna no Sukkiri
43 DS You'll Incur Losses if You Remain Ignorant: How Money and Things Work DS (Nintendo)
44 PSP FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST
45 PS3 Shin Sangoku Musou MULTI RAID Special
46 Wii Okami
47 PS2 Nade Pro
48 PS3 Grand Theft Auto 4 (The Best)
49 DS New Super Mario Brothers
50 DS Puyo Puyo 7

e~
NDS - 15
PSP - 13
PS3 - 10
WII - 7
360 - 4
PS2 - 1
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
So a prediction for tomorrow morning- when first day predictions come in, everyone is going to call M&S a bomb when it does like 12K the first day (2 years ago, the summer version did I believe 15K or so first day en route to half a million).
 

VerTiGo

Banned
Jan 10, 2005
2,419
0
0
I don't see why Crystal Chronicles would bomb honestly. It looks like it's gotten some pretty decent exposure and even Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World sold through 200,000 units in Japan.
 

Liabe Brave

Member
Jan 23, 2007
4,509
0
1,130
Lawrenceville, GA
I think "bomb" is too harsh. I actually expect it do pretty decently, better than what schuelma believes for example. But it'll still just be okay overall, certainly not even approaching what you'd expect out of a high-tier Square Enix game, much less one that has the Final Fantasy brand on it (though S-E's done a good job diluting that sucker!).
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Liabe Brave said:
I think "bomb" is too harsh. I actually expect it do pretty decently, better than what schuelma believes for example. But it'll still just be okay overall, certainly not even approaching what you'd expect out of a high-tier Square Enix game, much less one that has the Final Fantasy brand on it (though S-E's done a good job diluting that sucker!).

We'll see- I'm not rooting for it to bomb or anything, but I'm pretty skeptical.
 

Liabe Brave

Member
Jan 23, 2007
4,509
0
1,130
Lawrenceville, GA
schuelma said:
We'll see- I'm not rooting for it to bomb or anything, but I'm pretty skeptical.
Skepticism isn't unwarranted these days. I'd say it's an indicator of Wii's problems recently that though I'm more optimistic than you, I wouldn't be surprised if it lives down to your estimate.
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
1
0
Dragona Akehi said:
It would take a miracle of all the gods above and below combined for Crystal Bearers to manage 200k LTD.
Was that the cutoff for the early return of Tabris or was it 300K?

Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     64,020  |     32,865  |  1,736,523  |  13,094,626  |
|  NDS  |     44,419  |     48,749  |  3,000,211  |  28,119,846  |
|  PS3  |     36,061  |     29,977  |  1,115,326  |   3,737,794  |
|  WII  |     28,888  |     25,917  |  1,174,779  |   8,653,756  |
|  360  |      6,047  |      4,470  |    325,370  |   1,154,807  |
|  PS2  |      1,966  |      1,951  |    186,978  |  21,586,507  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  DSi  |     37,517  |     42,199  |  2,545,835  |   3,777,194  |
|  DSL  |      6,902  |      6,550  |    454,376  |  17,757,181  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     34,911  |     32,865  |  1,707,414  |  13,002,039  |
| PSPgo |     29,109  |             |     29,109  |      29,109  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Dragona Akehi

Retired
Jun 5, 2004
15,259
0
0
donny2112 said:
Was that the cutoff for the early return of Tabris or was it 300K?

Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     64,020  |     32,865  |  1,736,523  |  13,094,626  |
|  NDS  |     44,419  |     48,749  |  3,000,211  |  28,119,846  |
|  PS3  |     36,061  |     29,977  |  1,115,326  |   3,737,794  |
|  WII  |     28,888  |     25,917  |  1,174,779  |   8,653,756  |
|  360  |      6,047  |      4,470  |    325,370  |   1,154,807  |
|  PS2  |      1,966  |      1,951  |    186,978  |  21,586,507  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  DSi  |     37,517  |     42,199  |  2,545,835  |   3,777,194  |
|  DSL  |      6,902  |      6,550  |    454,376  |  17,757,181  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     34,911  |     32,865  |  1,707,414  |  13,002,039  |
| PSPgo |     29,109  |             |     29,109  |      29,109  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
300k for Tabris.

The House ain't going to put out that kind of bet unless they got the good odds.

PS: Wii ain't ever going to hit half of PS2 sales at this rate.
 

jeremy1456

Junior Member
Jun 25, 2006
7,122
2
0
Parl said:
It continues. Not long now until Wii software sales dip below 360's. Though that is partially because 360's software sales increased 33.33333% this week.
Are you actually using number of games per platform in the the top 50 as absolute merit for software sales?
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Liabe Brave said:
Skepticism isn't unwarranted these days. I'd say it's an indicator of Wii's problems recently that though I'm more optimistic than you, I wouldn't be surprised if it lives down to your estimate.

I'm not blaming it on the Wii- for example, I think Tales of Graces is going to do very well. I think SE screwed up by radically changing the gameplay and judging by relatively reliable preorder numbers the traditional RPG audience isn't there.
 

Liabe Brave

Member
Jan 23, 2007
4,509
0
1,130
Lawrenceville, GA
schuelma said:
I'm not blaming it on the Wii- for example, I think Tales of Graces is going to do very well. I think SE screwed up by radically changing the gameplay and judging by relatively reliable preorder numbers the traditional RPG audience isn't there.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was blaming it on the Wii. I assumed both our estimates are based on the game itself (preorders, history of Crystal Chronicles brand, etc.) and not the platform it's on. I just meant that, though my interpretation of those factors points to higher numbers than you yours does, I'd be unsurprised if the general "Wii malaise" were to undercut my estimate.

Still, I'm bully enough to think 70k first day, 110k first week, 250k lifetime.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,130
donny2112 said:
Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     64,020  |     32,865  |  1,736,523  |  13,094,626  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     34,911  |     32,865  |  1,707,414  |  13,002,039  |
| PSPgo |     29,109  |             |     29,109  |      29,109  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
Which of the PSP LTD number is correct, 13,094,626 or 13,031,148 (the PSP + the PSPgo numbers at the bottom added together)?
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
1
0
test_account said:
Which of the PSP LTD number is correct, 13,094,626 or 13,031,148 (the PSP + the PSPgo numbers at the bottom added together)?
Good point. I apply the adjustments to the full LTD but not to the PSP number. I'll fix that. :)

Edit:
Here you go! :)
Code:
__________________________________________________________________
|System |  This Week  |  Last Week  |        YTD  |         LTD  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     64,020  |     32,865  |  1,736,523  |  13,094,626  |
|  NDS  |     44,419  |     48,749  |  3,000,211  |  28,119,846  |
|  PS3  |     36,061  |     29,977  |  1,115,326  |   3,737,794  |
|  WII  |     28,888  |     25,917  |  1,174,779  |   8,653,756  |
|  360  |      6,047  |      4,470  |    325,370  |   1,154,807  |
|  PS2  |      1,966  |      1,951  |    186,978  |  21,586,507  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  DSi  |     37,517  |     42,199  |  2,545,835  |   3,777,194  |
|  DSL  |      6,902  |      6,550  |    454,376  |  17,757,181  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
|  PSP  |     34,911  |     32,865  |  1,707,414  |  13,065,517  |
| PSPgo |     29,109  |             |     29,109  |      29,109  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
 

donny2112

Member
Apr 18, 2005
18,797
1
0
Liabe Brave said:
Still, I'm bully enough to think 70k first day, 110k first week, 250k lifetime.
I'm counting on the "GameCube effect." The few games that had successful releases on GameCube in Japan have done well with their Wii counterparts (e.g. Nintendo games, Tales of Symphonia, RE). That's why I'm thinking a higher first week and LTD. I forget what I said before but something like 200K first week and 350K LTD.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
donny2112 said:
I'm counting on the "GameCube effect." The few games that had successful releases on GameCube in Japan have done well with their Wii counterparts (e.g. Nintendo games, Tales of Symphonia, RE). That's why I'm thinking a higher first week and LTD. I forget what I said before but something like 200K first week and 350K LTD.

The issue I see is that SE has completely changed the fundamental game play of the series and I am doubtful that a lot of the audience that bought the GC title will buy this one.
 

cvxfreak

Member
Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
schuelma said:
The issue I see is that SE has completely changed the fundamental game play of the series and I am doubtful that a lot of the audience that bought the GC title will buy this one.
Then again, they bought Umbrella Chronicles.

But I see your point. I don't expect much for FFCC myself, but I think it does help the Wii's overall holiday lineup, which has a few brand name franchises from FF to RE in January. I think it'll sell okay, and pass 200K at some point.
 

duckroll

Member
Jun 7, 2004
114,734
2
0
38
First day sales, as expected it's total shit all round:

[PS3]&#12288;Winning Eleven 2010&#12288;142000&#12288;53%
[DS]&#12288;Summon Night X&#12288;16000&#12288;42%
[PS3]&#12288;INFAMOUS&#12288;10000&#12288;46%
[Wii]&#12288;Mario&Sonic at Shitty Olympics&#12288;7800&#12288;10%
[PS3]&#12288;3D Dot Heroes&#12288;7700&#12288;38%
[360]&#12288;Winning Eleven 2010&#12288;4800&#12288;32%
[DS]&#12288;Tamagotchi no Narikiri Channel&#12288;3200&#12288;5%
[PS3]&#12288;NBA Live 10&#12288;2600&#12288;23%
[360]&#12288;Tayutama LE&#12288;2100&#12288;46%
[PSP]&#12288;NBA Live 10&#12288;1400&#12288;17%
[360]&#12288;Namco Museum&#12288;1300&#12288;19%
[PS3]&#12288;Colin McRay Dirt 2&#12288;1200&#12288;19%
[DS]&#12288;Sakura Note&#12288;1100&#12288;15%
[360]&#12288;Tayutama&#12288;720&#12288;24%
[PSP]&#12288;Suikoden I+II Best&#12288;620&#12288;10%
[360]&#12288;Fallout 3 Platinum Collection&#12288;550&#12288;13%
 

t3nmilez

Member
Jul 23, 2008
489
0
840
Wow, they really had high expectations for M&S, eh. Wonder if it'll be clearanced out or they'll try to ride the holiday wave to higher sales.

Not sure what to expect from 3D Dot Heroes. I thought it would do pretty poorly, but I also expected to be wrong. Well, I'm not sure aiming for the PS3 nostalgia audience in that way is the best...

Tayutama shares a similar fate to Time Leap. I guess the audience for bishojyo games just isn't there on the 360, whereas the more "mature" games Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate have seen some success. I guess it's not so surprising, I think that bishojyo games are more popular with younger people, and the 360 isn't exactly the hot thing to have for school kids.