• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: October 11-17

donny2112

Road said:
Sell-through:

[WII] Kirby's Epic Yarn
~40% (Dengeki - 235k shipped first week)

[PSP] Lord of Arcana
~55% (Dengeki - 134k shipped first week)
48.07% (Media-Create - 145k shipped first week)

I'd think the sell-through % would be more of an issue for Lord of Arcana than it would be for Kirby.

GaimeGuy said:
PS3 sales are up because of major price cuts, and continued developer support, despite low sales for the first ~3 years.

Wii sales have dried up because no one aside from Nintendo is making anything for it.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

I get that, but a jump of 3-4k isn't likely wow if the system that is jumping has no new releases for that week.

Spiegel

donny2112 said:
I'd think the sell-through % would be more of an issue for Lord of Arcana than it would be for Kirby.

Of course, some retailers said that the first day sales were good but it completely colapsed after that.

The game looked awful in trailers and it's getting a lot of bad reviews from consumers. I doubt it'll sell the first shipment.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
21. / 25. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
22. / 12. [PS3] Class of Heroes 3 (Acquire)
23. / 27. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
24. / 24. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Dororon! Battle With the Ghouls!! (Bandai Namco)
25. / 13. [NDS] Okamiden (Capcom)
26. / 18. [PSP] Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team (Bandai Namco)
27. / 23. [PSP] Monster Hunter Diary: Pokapoka Ailu Village (Capcom)
28. / 28. [NDS] Art Academy (Nintendo)
29. / 29. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo)
30. / 16. [PS3] Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 (Ubisoft)
31. / 36. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami)
32. / 31. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3: World Challenge!! Spark / Bomber (Level 5)
33. / 30. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 5 (Konami)
34. / 33. [PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 [Reprint] (Square Enix)
35. / 00. [NDS] Galaxy Express 999 DS (Culture Brain)
36. / 41. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (Sega)
37. / 00. [PSP] Memories Off 6: Next Relation (5pb.)
38. / 19. [360] Dead Rising 2 (Capcom)
39. / 40. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages (Marvelous Entertainment)
40. / 49. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.)
41. / 48. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
42. / 39. [PS3] Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (Capcom)
43. / 38. [PS3] Winning Post 7 2010 (Koei Tecmo)
44. / 50. [NDS] Heart Catch PreCure! Oshare Collection (Bandai Namco)
45. / 00. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
46. / 35. [PSP] Starry Sky: In Summer Portable (Asgard)
47. / 47. [NDS] Tetris Party Deluxe (Hudson)
48. / 00. [PSP] Sengoku Basara: Battle Heroes [PSP the Best Reprint] (Capcom)
49. / 45. [WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom)
50. / 00. [PSP] Hakuouki: Zuisouroku Portable (Idea Factory)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 838.752 / 45.479.823 (-26%)

NDS - 15
PSP - 15
PS3 - 10
WII - 8
360 - 2
PS2 - 0

Media Create: Kirby is expected to show strong legs
first counter-attack to bomba posts

How is Level-5 able to ship over a million copies of Inazuma Eleven 3 when it hit the bargain bins relatively? Did retailers not know of a third version in advance?

Disappointing opening for Kirby, but I expect strong legs. Is there any reason Peace Walker is back on the charts again? It's been hovering around 21-50 for a while now. Impressive legs.

Spiegel

Magicpaint said:
How is Level-5 able to ship over a million copies of Inazuma Eleven 3 when it hit the bargain bins relatively? Did retailers not know of a third version in advance?

Disappointing opening for Kirby, but I expect strong legs. Is there any reason Peace Walker is back on the charts again? It's been hovering around 21-50 for a while now. Impressive legs.

MGS:pW has never left the top 50. I'm guessing that the combination of good word of mouth, coop and retailer discounts (first shipment was huge and it might have not sold it yet) is what is keeping it in the charts.

It's not that surprising though, Portable OPS+ had some great legs too.

farnham

Banned
i think the 25th anniversary stuff will be a good test if there is any potential left in the wii market

the whole campaign is sooo designed to make people nostalgic. especially the wii collection is just crying "this is for you the mario nostalgic".

and up until now that has always worked to spur sales for nintendo.

if this campaign fails i dont see any chances for them regaining the japanese market (small bump for dqx maybe)

So what to predict from next week releases?
duckroll said:
So, what titles are worth predicting for next week? God Eater Burst (both Append and Regular) should be a lock, along with Winning Eleven 2011 PS3 and Golden Sun DS. Should we also include Solatorobo and Chris1964's favorite upcoming game Zack and Ombra? What about stuff like Dream Club Portable and Winning Eleven 2011 360?
First three for sure (God Eater combined, I doubt we'll get separate data). Solatorobo as well but WE 360 doesn't do any hot (and this year even less since there was world cup we). Zack and Ombra...no, just no, its #83 in amazon ds-only top100. Fable 3 and Dream Club not sure myself.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
farnham said:
i think the 25th anniversary stuff will be a good test if there is any potential left in the wii market

the whole campaign is sooo designed to make people nostalgic. especially the wii collection is just crying "this is for you the mario nostalgic".

and up until now that has always worked to spur sales for nintendo.

if this campaign fails i dont see any chances for them regaining the japanese market (small bump for dqx maybe)
farnham you are back in full force.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu

01/08/01 [GBA] Golden Sun (Nintendo) - 129.314 / 360.769
28/06/02 [GBA] Golden Sun: The Lost Age (Nintendo) - 96.318 / 249.684
28/10/10 [NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (Nintendo)

16/04/98 [PS1] Tail Concerto (Bandai) - 22.672 / 94.613
28/10/10 [NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e (Bandai Namco)

04/02/10 [PSP] God Eater (Bandai Namco) - 276.104 / 605.316
28/10/10 [PSP] God Eater: Burst (Bandai Namco)

27/08/09 [360] Dream Club (D3 Publisher) - 44.884 / 58.092
28/10/10 [PSP] Dream Club Portable (D3 Publisher)

22/11/07 [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami) - 144.839 / 316.533
27/11/08 [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009 (Konami) - 175.363 / 405.653
05/11/09 [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 234.508 / 436.739
28/10/10 [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami)

17/03/05 [XBX] Fable (Microsoft Game Studios) - 5.405 / 13.501
18/12/08 [360] Fable II (Microsoft Game Studios) - 36.085 / 56.197
28/10/10 [360] Fable III (Microsoft Game Studios)

How is the advertising of GT5 in Japan? Strong or has it slow down?

Busaiku

It's really a shame about the Okami franchise.
After Okamiden's first week, I had some hope, but that was quickly swept aside.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Re:coded is 42% off at amazon (price collapse at retailers too?) and PS3 Vanquish 25% (but I think this has more to do with the very high price).

Maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns doesn't come out this December in Japan.
The next retailer meeting, if there is another one this year, should be at mid-late November and Wii has already 2 platformers for the holiday season. Since the big push will be Mario 25th anniversary, The Last Story that comes out at January is dated and there isn't the very big title to keep Wii sales up at early 2011 Nintendo might decided to split game releases.

longdi

Banned
PS3 sales lead is increasing over Wii, hoooray! I think The MOVE will help PS3 to pow-wow the Wii this holiday season! What is sony doing in japan for The MOVE, this peripheral is like something that will sell well in Japan. :D

A bit incredible to believe, but retailer blogs are reporting that sony is out of stock of the stand-alone MOVE unit.

Also it seems the majority of retailers are reporting sales better then expected(of course most of them expected around 0, so it isn't saying much

SSJ1Goku

Banned
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
A bit incredible to believe, but retailer blogs are reporting that sony is out of stock of the stand-alone MOVE unit.

Also it seems the majority of retailers are reporting sales better then expected(of course most of them expected around 0, so it isn't saying much
Color me shocked, I did not think it would do well because a lack of Everyone's Sports games.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So guys, what else to include in predictions other than God Eater Burst, WE2011 PS3 and Golden Sun....Solatorobo? Dream Club Portable? Fable 3?
All of them should make top 20. You decide.

It looks that Mario has big supply problems.

Cygnus X-1

Chris1964 said:
All of them should make top 20. You decide.

It looks that Mario has big supply problems.

It was expected. Nintendo probably knew it as well and it is possible that they create shortages to increase the hype.

Lets do them all then :D

Prediction League (10/25-10/31)
[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn -
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e -
[PSP] God Eater: Burst -
[PSP] Dream Club Portable -
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 -
[360] Fable III -

Spiegel

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 55000
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 30000
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 225000
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 15000
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 270000
[360] Fable III - 20000

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 110k
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 30k
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 180k
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 8k
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 240k
[360] Fable III - 35k

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Predictions

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 67.890
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 34.567
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 234.567
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 12.345
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 210.987
[360] Fable III - 23.456

Orgen

Predictions

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 97k
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 34k
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 202k
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 13k
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 246k
[360] Fable III - 41k

donny2112

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 125K
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 40K
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 125K
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 99K
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 410K
[360] Fable III - 50K

Units-wise, if you miss WE2011, you've lost the units. I'm guessing I've lost the units pretty handily, then. :lol

noobie

Banned
any early numbers for MOVE..?
how media create is going to report move sales. like they are going to combine, controller and starter pack and bundle in one or we will get seperate saleS?

Spiegel

PSPGo gets a 10,000 yen price drop this week :lol Now it cost the same as the PSP-3000 unit (16,800 yen).

Now it won't be so ridiculous to think that PSP2 can cost <25000Y at launch

Spiegel said:
PSPGo gets a 10,000 yen price drop this week :lol Now it cost the same as the PSP-3000 unit (16,800 yen).

Now it won't be so ridiculous to think that PSP2 can cost <25000Y at launch

Wow - any chance they might finally clear the first shipment now?

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 95k
[NDS] Solatorobo: Sore kara Coda e - 25k
[PSP] God Eater: Burst - 180k
[PSP] Dream Club Portable - 55k
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011 - 250k
[360] Fable III - 30k

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Cygnus X-1 said:
Probably they'll talk about Q2 performance. Iwata already anticipated they'll have losses once again. Just they'll be much smaller than Q1.
Financial report is at October 28.

[Nintex]

Cygnus X-1 said:
Probably they'll talk about Q2 performance. Iwata already anticipated they'll have losses once again. Just they'll be much smaller than Q1.
Maybe he'll talk about how they're going to save the Wii with an early Zelda release or will he pull Wii relax out of his hat? He can't go out there and say: "Hey guys, remember when broke like every record? Well... 3DS is delayed and Wii is turning into a second GameCube at this point, kinda funny how that works right!"

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
[Nintex] said:
Maybe he'll talk about how they're going to save the Wii with an early Zelda release or will he pull Wii relax out of his hat? He can't go out there and say: "Hey guys, remember when broke like every record? Well... 3DS is delayed and Wii is turning into a second GameCube at this point, kinda funny how that works right!"

Zelda wont save anything.

DQX and Wii HD Combo for Holiday season 2011 - everything wont cut it in the long run.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
No, he's going to a hands-on showing of(one would assume nintendo) products(not at all unsual for retailers to go to) for the end of the year.

azalyn
:Vaniqush first day sales estimate (6k)
Nothing important then.

Vanquish is 60k first week. Very low if it comes true.

Spiegel

35 days to go and MHP3 has almost the same number of points on comgnet than Pokemon B&W had on release day (3329 VS 3405).

MHP2 and 2G had huge numbers on that website too (final counts were 2561 and 2568 respectively) so we shouldn't expect one first week that huge but it seem impossible for the game to sell <1,5M first week.

Let's see if it can beat the highest one in the ranking.
Name - Points - First Week Sales
Dragon Quest VIII - 4285 p - 2.23M
Final Fantasy XII - 3510 p - 1.84M
Pokemon Black & White - 3405 p - 2.63M
Monster Hunter Portable 3 - 3329 p
Final Fantasy X-2 - 3285 p - 1.47M
Dragon Quest IX - 2917 p - 2.34M
Monster Hunter Portable 2G - 2568 p - 0.82M
Monster Hunter Portable 2 - 2561 p - 0.74M
Final Fantasy XIII - 2201 p - 1.51M

Reminder : As everyone can see in that list, having a huge number of points doesn't guarantee having the biggest number of sales

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Comgnet stopped receiving Black/White preorders the final week. In fact preorders decreased for that week. The number would be way bigger if there was the supply.

Either way comgnet comgnet has been proved wrong too many times.

Spiegel

Well, there's nothing wrong with sharing comgnet numbers. Everyone knows what they are and I've put a reminder in my post

If I remember correctly you provided updates on the number of preorders for B&W, didn't you?

MHP3 is a big game and it'll be interesting to see how high can go in the first week compared to other big games.

So in a bit of a confusing news in the Castlevania bundle value ps3 pack, Konami is bundling in MSG4 Best edition.

Point I want to ask is, based on the x-box value packs and such, will this count towards MGS4's life total?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Spiegel said:
Well, there's nothing wrong with sharing comgnet numbers. Everyone knows what they are and I've put a reminder in my post

If I remember correctly you provided updates on the number of preorders for B&W, didn't you?

MHP3 is a big game and it'll be interesting to see how high can go in the first week compared to other big games.
Not really. That's the reason I stopped posting them.

Konami must be very desperate with Castlevania since they include MGS4 in the bundle.
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
So in a bit of a confusing news in the Castlevania bundle value ps3 pack, Konami is bundling in MSG4 Best edition.

Point I want to ask is, based on the x-box value packs and such, will this count towards MGS4's life total?
When 2 games are bundled together they are usually tracked as different SKU.

That's an example

Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001 / SFIII 3rd Strike [Value Pack]

Top Bottom