• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: September 6-12

Celine

farnham said:
wasnt this one a pure 3DS conference though ?

I think that the limitation of the 25th Anniversary pack is also a big mistake

they should sell this normally and not only for a certain period of time in limited numbers. it could be a million seller but they are blowing that despite the need of a high selling evergreen title.
I thought it was the usual Nintendo Fall Conference only centered about 3DS for obvious reasons.

farnham

Banned
wrowa said:
Why would you think that the conference is of any importance for Q3 and Q4 2011? I doubt that Nintendo will make any announcements for the second half of 2011. They never used their fall conferences for those. It's much more probable that they will announce their line-up for that time at E3 again - like they are doing it every year. See: the announcements of Kirby and Donkey Kong for this year's holiday.

Actually, I don't think that Nintendo are going to show much or any Wii stuff this year, let alone new announcements. The fall conference is essentially the 3DS conference this year and they will absolutely focus on that. With luck we will get some new trailers for Wii's year-end line-up and maybe some info on their games for the first half of next year.

You are forgetting about Mario Sport Mix and Zelda btw. Both titles (especially the Sport Mix) have decent chances to be released in the first half of 2011. Their is a decent chance that Last Story slips into the first half of 2011 too.
well the wii is falling apart everywhere in the world. they are falling from their position and they might go into the next gen like they did last time, as dead last.

Celine said:
I thought it was the usual Nintendo Fall Conference only centered about 3DS for obvious reasons.

except that nintendo fall conference never is usual. they only do it when they feel like it.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
wrowa said:
Why would you think that the conference is of any importance for Q3 and Q4 2011? I doubt that Nintendo will make any announcements for the second half of 2011. They never used their fall conferences for those. It's much more probable that they will announce their line-up for that time at E3 again - like they are doing it every year. See: the announcements of Kirby and Donkey Kong for this year's holiday.

Actually, I don't think that Nintendo are going to show much or any Wii stuff this year, let alone new announcements. The fall conference is essentially the 3DS conference this year and they will absolutely focus on that. With luck we will get some new trailers for Wii's year-end line-up and maybe some info on their games for the first half of next year.

You are forgetting about Mario Sport Mix and Zelda btw. Both titles (especially the Sport Mix) have decent chances to be released in the first half of 2011. Their is a decent chance that Last Story slips into the first half of 2011 too.
No, Nintendo makes big announcements at these conferences.
Monster Hunter 3 unveiled at the October conference, Samurai Warriors 3 too.
Last Story is still 2010 and I don't see how Zelda will come out before holiday 2011.

farnham

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Last Story is still 2010 and I don't see how Zelda will come out before holiday 2011.
well we dont know what is going on within nintendo. what they have shown was just a tech demo for the wii motion plus controls obviously.

gerg

farnham said:
well the wii is falling apart everywhere in the world. they are falling from their position and they might go into the next gen like they did last time, as dead last.

There's pessimism and then there's baseless sensationalism. Your comment here is soaked in the latter.

farnham

Banned
gerg said:
There's pessimism and then there's baseless sensationalism. Your comment here is soaked in the latter.
its behind ps3 ytd in japan and lost 3 consecutive month to 360 in NA and they will loose another month for sure.

in terms of third party support they are already dead last btw. gamecube got more thirdparty support then the wii.

gerg

farnham said:
its behind ps3 ytd in japan and lost 3 consecutive month to 360 in NA and they will loose another month for sure.

Selling less than a competitor for three months (and being in second place in the process) is not the same as being "dead last" by the beginning of the next generation. Don't be hyperbolic.

in terms of third party support they are already dead last btw. gamecube got more thirdparty support then the wii.

I don't even think that this is the case.

wrowa

Chris1964 said:
Monster Hunter 3 was years ago and is the only really important announcement we got of one these conferences. That Samurai Warriors wasn't going to help the Wii in the slightest was obvious from the beginning. I can't see how you can call an announcement like SW3 as important for the Wii's future. It wouldn't change anything at all if they would announce a game of this caliber this year.

More important is: The announced games at the fall conferences have always been by 3rd parties. There won't be any great exclusives by Japanese companies anymore, so much is pretty much certain at this point. So, what do you expect?

Last Story is officially still slated for a 2010 release, but that doesn't mean that it wont be delayed to next year. The fall conference is literally the last chance for the game to get a 2010 release. Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen. Zelda on the other hand is right now slated for a release in the first of half of 2011 if Aounuma and Miyamoto are to believed. If you are insisting that Last Story is still a 2010 release, you also have to count Zelda as a release for the first half of next year for now.

farnham said:
No, this is pretty much impossible.

farnham

Banned
wrowa said:
Monster Hunter 3 was years ago and is the only really important announcement we got of one these conferences. That Samurai Warriors wasn't going to help the Wii in the slightest was obvious from the beginning. I can't see how you can call an announcement like SW3 as important for the Wii's future. It wouldn't change anything at all if they would announce a game of this caliber this year.

More important is: The announced games at the fall conferences have always been by 3rd parties. There won't be any great exclusives by Japanese companies anymore, so much is pretty much certain at this point. So, what do you expect?

Last Story is officially still slated for a 2010 release, but that doesn't mean that it wont be delayed to next year. The fall conference is literally the last chance for the game to get a 2010 release. Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen. Zelda on the other hand is right now slated for a release in the first of half of 2011 if Aounuma and Miyamoto are to believed. If you are insisting that Last Story is still a 2010 release, you also have to count Zelda as a release for the first half of next year for now.

maybe DQ X will come out early next year (lol).

EXGN

Wonder if the PS3 can hold No. 1? Last year this also happened, but the pre-slim launch drought combined with the massive holiday boost managed to put the Wii up ahead.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
wrowa said:

Nintendo announces new games at these conferences, 2008 (with Samurai Warriors 3) had a big ammount of them. When Nintendo said Zelda is set for H1 2011?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
EXGN said:
Wonder if the PS3 can hold No. 1? Last year this also happened, but the pre-slim launch drought combined with the massive holiday boost managed to put the Wii up ahead.

I think it will.

allan-bh

perfectchaos007 said:
YTD
PS3 1.017.094
Wii 1.015.473

Could THIS be the year of the PS3? it has to hang on with the lead till December 31 to count

Is more like the year of nobody.

Very weak sales of both consoles.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
allan-bh said:
Very weak sales of both consoles.

Maybe last year was very very weak then. Per an earlier post, YTD they're both up on last year.

Whether they'll remain up through the end of the year is another matter though...conditions are maybe less favourable for that.

duckroll

Guys, I've got his pills right here. Someone grab a hot towel and someone else help farnham lie down. This is going to be okay dude, we'll help you pull through this. :(

Chris1964 said:
NWhen Nintendo said Zelda is set for H1 2011?
Aonuma actually said in an interview at E3 that they're aiming for an early 2011 release, but then again Iwata had previously stated that the game was a 2010 release, so yeah, don't know how much Nintendo is to be trusted when it comes to release dates:p

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Because fall conferences are underestimated here is the 2008 one that didn't have Monster 3

Stumpokapow said:
Nintendo DSi
- 3.25 inch screens (DS = 3 inch)
- Has an inside and outside camera, 0.3 megapixels
- Has SD slot on right-hand side.
- Has onboard memory
- Comes with web browser
- Comes with app to detect some DS hotspots
- Has Apps store like iPod
- Apps are free/300/500/800 points
- Other apps include an app that allows you to make flipbooks using the cameras
- No GBA slot
- 18900 yen
- 1000 points for free if you buy before march 2010
- Possibly minorly upped resolution
- November in Japan, 2009 elsewhere.
- Black and white versions.

New Software:
- DS Pedometer, Miis on DS
- Mario and Luigi 3
- 3d Picross
- Let's Tap by Prope.

Wii:
- storage solution involves making SD card easier, coming in spring 2009
- you get 500 points if you help a friend set up their wii online
- wii comes with video explaining wii online functions

Wii Software:
- Punch-Out Wii
- Trace Memory Wii
- Sin and Punishment 2
- Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors) coming to Wii.
- Animal Crossing Wii interacts with AC DS
- New mainline Tales of.

- Wii getting re-releases of GCN titles. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports. Do not appear to have waggle or any changes. Not ports. Re-releases. Should be budget. Starting with DK Jungle Beat and Pikmin.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337219

Miis on DS is Friend Collection

allan-bh

gofreak said:
Maybe last year was very very weak then. Per an earlier post, YTD they're both up on last year.

Whether they'll remain up through the end of the year is another matter though...conditions are maybe less favourable for that.

This gen in Japan was only strong at the beginning with the Wii.

After that Wii started to going down and PS3.. well, never had a good year in sales and will not have in 2010.

It's the sad truth and perhaps become even worse in 2011 because of 3DS.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
We never got 2 of the 3 the best Wii software announcements from that conference in NA. :(

rosjos44

farnham said:

0_0 30 million in the states, sooner or later it has to loose some steam.

cvxfreak

Based on what I saw today, Pokemon Black and White is going to be so fucking huge. At least 1 million reservations AND ample stock for non-reservations?

Yup, we have a winner here.

cvxfreak said:
Based on what I saw today, Pokemon Black and White is going to be so fucking huge. At least 1 million reservations AND ample stock for non-reservations?

Are we gonna have threads about the queues again?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
cvxfreak said:

Are you sure there was stock for non-reservations? Preorders were in the 1,5-2 million range. How much did they ship?

cvxfreak

Chris1964 said:
Are you sure there was stock for non-reservations? Preorders were in the 1,5-2 million range. How much did they ship?

Yeah, they had separate lines for non-reservations. Seems as if Nintendo didn't want to take too many chances with BW, so they shipped enough to cover reservations filed by the stores and extras for walk-ins.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
cvxfreak said:
Yeah, they had separate lines for non-reservations. Seems as if Nintendo didn't want to take too many chances with BW, so they shipped enough to cover reservations filed by the stores and extras for walk-ins.

You should have taken pictures. :(

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hmm, maybe we have underestimated the initial shipment. It was unknown what Nintendo would ship but many retailer blogs (and YSO predictions) expected something close to 2 million. 2 days from now we' ll know.

duckroll

Chris1964 said:
Hmm, maybe we have underestimated the initial shipment. It was unknown what Nintendo would ship but many retailer blogs (and YSO predictions) expected something close to 2 million. 2 days from now we' ll know.

Or pre-orders were overestimated/bloated by retailers. Pretty usual for huge games.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Or pre-orders were overestimated/bloated by retailers. Pretty usual for huge games.

But it wasn't the retailers who reported the pre-order figure. It was Media Create, in the same manner they report actual sales. :p

duckroll

cvxfreak said:
But it wasn't the retailers who reported the pre-order figure. It was Media Create, in the same manner they report actual sales. :p

Yes and where do you think Media Create gets their tracking data from? :p

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
Yes and where do you think Media Create gets their tracking data from? :p

Their asses, evidently.

But in all seriousness, Nintendo just probably shipped a shitton. The only thing that could possibly screw up manufacturing is the useless cardboard sleeve surrounding the game. No pedometer and years of experience with high demand DS games makes the thought of Nintendo being hugely prepared for launch not so farfetched.

rosjos44 said:
0_0 30 million in the states, sooner or later it has to loose some steam.

The thing here is that it ran out of steam way too soon. Wii was tracking well above PS2's numbers and was going to go on to be the fastest selling console ever, but with these new developments, it just doesn't seem likely. Obviously there won't be any role reversals I don't think (well maybe PS3>360 by the end), but it's not doing as well as it should be doing.

Chris1964 said:
Nintendo conference after 2 weeks will be important for Wii's future (Q4 2010-Q4 2011 I mean).

What are the odds they show something, anything on DQX there? A screenshot, the developer, anything

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nuclear Muffin said:
None, if they were going to show it anywhere, they would've done it at TGS.

For a title as important as that one, I'm sure Nintendo would convince Horii to hold the announcement for their own conference.

wizword

Banned
I'm still shocked that DQX hasn't pulled a ps3 announcement. Easily could just upgrade resolution and fps (similar to sengoku basara) and sell it at a higher price.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
wizword said:
I'm still shocked that DQX hasn't pulled a ps3 announcement. Easily could just upgrade resolution and fps (similar to sengoku basara) and sell it at a higher price.

The Wii version will get cancelled and go to DS before they port it to PS3.

Busaiku

wizword said:
Well, if speculation is correct, and Genius Sonority is developing it, then they couldn't really do that.
But that's a big if.

farnham

Banned
wizword said:
lol wut :lol :lol

DS makes sense. PSP sorta.. but PS3 ? :lol :lol

Nuclear Muffin said:
None, if they were going to show it anywhere, they would've done it at TGS.
Regulus Tera said:
For a title as important as that one, I'm sure Nintendo would convince Horii to hold the announcement for their own conference.
yeah. TGS announcement seems unlikely as TGS is pretty much the not nintendo platforms show outside of some minor DS games that wont get any attention otherwise.

wizword said:
Why wouldn't a ps3/wii announcement make any sense?
we already discussed about this a lot on this forums. look at the media create thread of last week. basically DQ is owned by armored project (hori yuji) and he made the decision its going to be on Wii.

also as some people already mentioned there is a rumor that it is being developed by nintendo internally (one of their studios called genius sonority) although thats just a rumor i guess.

Busaiku said:
Well, if speculation is correct, and Genius Sonority is developing it, then they couldn't really do that.
But that's a big if.

My bets are that GS is doing the Wii 5th Gen tie-in, it's practically time for one, PBR came out mere months after D/P.

And GS, remember this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

Please, don't fuck up again, hell make a 3rd Orre-style game with elements from that trailer, sold.

I'd say Level 5 is behind DQX, only natural as they did 8 and 9. Has there been any actual evidence pointing to GS doing DQX? All I remember was wisppel (I think that's the spelling) mentioned that GS was underway with a Wii game since '08.

wizword said:
Why wouldn't a ps3/wii announcement make any sense?

We've explained it tons of times before because every week there's a new person ignorant of the way the DQ series works in here with this same idea. The short version is that DQ doesn't need to go multiplatform so it won't, and Horii decides the platform for the game so it'll only leave Wii if it comes out so late that another system has become the best-selling Japanese system in the interim.

farnham

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
My bets are that GS is doing the Wii 5th Gen tie-in, it's practically time for one, PBR came out mere months after D/P.

And GS, remember this trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO4Lyc4NoFQ

Please, don't fuck up again, hell make a 3rd Orre-style game with elements from that trailer, sold.

I'd say Level 5 is behind DQX, only natural as they did 8 and 9. Has there been any actual evidence pointing to GS doing DQX? All I remember was wisppel (I think that's the spelling) mentioned that GS was underway with a Wii game since '08.
why didnt nintendo make a decent pokemon collosseum sequel

the games were shit but they could have been a lot better with a little polish.

Top Bottom