• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: September 6-12

Laguna

Banned
farnham said:
why didnt nintendo make a decent pokemon collosseum sequel

the games were shit but they could have been a lot better with a little polish.

Because Genius Sonority spend their time with Pokemon BC and then Dragon Quest Sword and are presumably (until now only rumors) working on DQ10 right now.

farnham

Banned
Laguna said:
Because Genius Sonority spend their time with Pokemon BC and then Dragon Quest Sword and are presumably (until now only rumors) working on DQ10 right now.
i hope theyll do a pokemon colosseum game. those had some real potential.

wrowa

Regulus Tera said:
After the clusterfuck that was DQIX's development, I doubt l5 will be doing DQX.
To be fair, it hardly is Level-5's fault that Horii's vision of the game changed during the middle of the development.

Though, which each day that passes without an announcement of a new game developed by Genius Sonority the likelihood that the studio indeed is developing DQX rises. After they've developed Pokemon BC and DQS more or less parallel (remember, we've seen the first video impressions of DQS when the Wii was revealed at E3 06), they only did 100 Books Collection after that, which hardly was more than a development during the lunch breaks. It's literally been 3 years without a new game by the studio. And considering that GS is mainly made up of people who worked previously at Heartbeat (the studio that developed DQVI, DQVII and remakes of DQ3 and DQ4 PS).... It just makes too much sense.

Laguna

Banned
farnham said:
i hope theyll do a pokemon colosseum game. those had some real potential.

If they are really working on DQX and assuming it won´t be finished before end 2011/early 2012 they won´t have much time left, before the Wii might get a successor, I hope you get the idea. At least there´s a chance that they could learn one or two thinks out of this deal to make better RPGs in future on (maybe) other systems. Of course many "if´s" but it´s at least a possibility, since we haven´t heard anything from them after DQS.

Laguna said:
If they are really working on DQX and assuming it won´t be finished before end 2011/early 2012 they won´t have much time left, before the Wii might get a successor, I hope you get the idea. At least there´s a chance that they could learn one or two thinks out of this deal to make better RPGs in future on (maybe) other systems. Of course many "if´s" but it´s at least a possibility, since we haven´t heard anything from them after DQS.

If you're referring to other systems as Sony and MS systems, then that ain't happening, GS IIRC are in the very same building as Nintendo themselves, I think what happened was HAL was sorta pushed out of the building and GS came in, that was part of the great HAL restructure that happened in '03 IIRC, If I'm right, that was one of the reasons Sakurai left aside of being tired of making sequels.

farnham

Banned
Laguna said:
hori said that DQX is farther in development then we might think. He said that it was development started a long time ago.

Hero of Legend said:
If you're referring to other systems as Sony and MS systems, then that ain't happening, GS IIRC are in the very same building as Nintendo themselves, I think what happened was HAL was sorta pushed out of the building and GS came in, that was part of the great HAL restructure that happened in '03 IIRC, If I'm right, that was one of the reasons Sakurai left aside of being tired of making sequels.
isnt sakurai pretty much nintendo again ?

Laguna

Banned
Hero of Legend said:

I know ;) I just meant other than Wii (3ds or next nintendo console)

edit

farnham said:
hori said that DQX is farther in development then we might think. He said that it was development started a long time ago.

Only he knows how far it really is in development maybe he just meant that it just won´t take more than 2 years since we didn´t see anything yet and we know how long it took for DQ9 even after gameplay videos... I expect a summer/winter 2011 release at best but likely even later.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Azalyn Saturday report for Pokemon.

He is selling off at his store. Main customes are at late 20s. Many simultaneous DSi purchases, DSi LL doesn't look to sell very well alongside Pokemon.

He also says Nintendo doesn't seem to ship anymore DSs (DS lite I suppose) and the stock is scarce at stores. -> now that's interesting

Strong sales are expected to continue at Sunday and Monday.

EDIT: Every blog says that Black is more popular than White.

cvxfreak

Let me clear up a few things about azalyn's post:

azalyn said that the main customers range from middle school students to people in their mid-late twenties. I can back this up myself, and you can even see it in the picture I posted on Twitter.

DS hardware stock is scarce because there are multiple consecutive holidays this week, but azalyn doesn't think this will be a problem because DS hardware stock is pretty abundant.

Pokemon sales will continue to be high on Sunday and Monday because of the public holidays.

Azalyn plans on restocking Pokemon around the 25th, but there will still be shortages.

cvxfreak said:
Let me clear up a few things about azalyn's post:

azalyn said that the main customers range from middle school students to people in their mid-late twenties. I can back this up myself, and you can even see it in the picture I posted on Twitter.

DS hardware stock is scarce because there are multiple consecutive holidays this week, but azalyn doesn't think this will be a problem because DS hardware stock is pretty abundant.

Pokemon sales will continue to be high on Sunday and Monday because of the public holidays.

Azalyn plans on restocking Pokemon around the 25th, but there will still be shortages.

Looking around the city, and on blogs sell-out don't seem to be that big of a problem, if you want to get it, it looks as if you can.

I'll triple-clear things up here:(this is almost all related to Azyln store, like I said before his store is such a small scale that when he is talking about his store in particular, it's not really useful info. Compare Azyln's "it will probably sell more then 100 at my store", to gameya' san's(who even calls his store small) first day sales of over 300, etc )

There are no new shipments of ds hardware this week from Nintendo because of the multiple holidays. In Azyln's case: shortages are no problem due to large back-stock.

Next shipment from is comes on the 25th.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Biggest 1st week ever is already posted but these are the stats for the first 5 weeks (Famitsu)

Biggest 1st week
[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII (Square) - 2.504.044 / 2.504.044
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 2.343.440 / 2.343.440
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 2.236.881 / 2.236.881
[PS1] Final Fantasy VII (Square) - 2.034.879 / 2.034.879
[PS1] Final Fantasy IX (Square) - 1.954.421 / 1.954.421

Biggest 2nd week
[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 1.072.286 / 2.934.351
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 602.856 / 2.946.296
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 559.524 / 2.796.405
[PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom) - 552.701 / 1.375.966
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 492.385 / 1.901.365

Biggest 3rd week
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 570.512 / 1.972.070
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 453.500 / 2.317.549
[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 329.317 / 3.263.668
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 321.408 / 2.037.949
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 291.178 / 2.311.331

Biggest 4th week
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 513.080 / 2.485.150
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 336.847 / 2.374.796
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 301.003 / 2.618.551
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 269.978 / 2.337.587
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 231.627 / 2.542.958

Biggest 5th week
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 437.352 / 2.812.148
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 436.828 / 3.055.379
[NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 381.927 / 1.169.757
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 254.494 / 2.740.644
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 209.288 / 2.752.246

noobie

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Biggest 1st week ever is already posted but these are the stats for the first 5 weeks (Famitsu)

Biggest 1st week
[PS1] Final Fantasy VIII (Square) - 2.504.044 / 2.504.044
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 2.343.440 / 2.343.440
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 2.236.881 / 2.236.881
[PS1] Final Fantasy VII (Square) - 2.034.879 / 2.034.879
[PS1] Final Fantasy IX (Square) - 1.954.421 / 1.954.421

Biggest 2nd week
[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 1.072.286 / 2.934.351
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 602.856 / 2.946.296
[PS2] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) - 559.524 / 2.796.405
[PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom) - 552.701 / 1.375.966
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 492.385 / 1.901.365

Biggest 3rd week
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 570.512 / 1.972.070
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 453.500 / 2.317.549
[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 329.317 / 3.263.668
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 321.408 / 2.037.949
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 291.178 / 2.311.331

Biggest 4th week
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 513.080 / 2.485.150
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 336.847 / 2.374.796
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 301.003 / 2.618.551
[NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.) - 269.978 / 2.337.587
[NDS] Pokemon Diamond / Pearl (Pokemon Co.) - 231.627 / 2.542.958

Biggest 5th week
[GBA] Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire (Pokemon Co.) - 437.352 / 2.812.148
[NGB] Pokemon Gold / Silver (Nintendo) - 436.828 / 3.055.379
[NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 381.927 / 1.169.757
[SAT] Virtua Fighter 2 (Sega) - 373.926 / 676.042
[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 254.494 / 2.740.644

from 3rd week and onwards pokemon just start displacing everything else..
very impressive legs, is pokemon always undershipped?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nirolak said:
I'm assuming Virtua Fighter 2 had some kind of restocking problem?
Last week of the year holiday bump and Famitsu was massively undertracking it the weeks before this.

EDIT: I'd better remove it since weekly sales and yearly sales provided from Famitsu differ a lot.

Eteric Rice

Do you guys think that the fall conference is the reason no 3DS games showed up at TGS?

I mean, is it possible that Nintendo actually told devs not to bring their 3DS stuff to TGS, and instead bring it to the fall conference?

Because I find the lack of 3DS stuff at TGS disturbing.

Celine

Sincerely I'm more surprised that Nintendo let EA show a trailer of its game and strongly hint to a western release timeframe before the conference.

Eteric Rice said:
Do you guys think that the fall conference is the reason no 3DS games showed up at TGS?

I mean, is it possible that Nintendo actually told devs not to bring their 3DS stuff to TGS, and instead bring it to the fall conference?

Because I find the lack of 3DS stuff at TGS disturbing.

Most likely! Same goes for like zero DS and especially Wii announcements, Inazuma Eleven Wii's been known for years so that's probably how Level 5 got to show it.

And maybe EA got to show My Garden since they're a western company?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hero of Legend said:
And maybe EA got to show My Garden since they're a western company?
More like Nintendo let EA show My Garden because no one will care for it.
It was expected that nothing for 3DS would be shown be at TGS. There is the Nintendo conference 2 weeks later.

This three days weekend affected Pokemon first week sales report it seems. We'll get the numbers tommorrow (I hope).

Shiggy

wrowa said:
To be fair, it hardly is Level-5's fault that Horii's vision of the game changed during the middle of the development.

Though, which each day that passes without an announcement of a new game developed by Genius Sonority the likelihood that the studio indeed is developing DQX rises. After they've developed Pokemon BC and DQS more or less parallel (remember, we've seen the first video impressions of DQS when the Wii was revealed at E3 06), they only did 100 Books Collection after that, which hardly was more than a development during the lunch breaks. It's literally been 3 years without a new game by the studio. And considering that GS is mainly made up of people who worked previously at Heartbeat (the studio that developed DQVI, DQVII and remakes of DQ3 and DQ4 PS).... It just makes too much sense.

You shouldn't forget about the great Disney's Tinkerbell and this thing:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/bhqj/

Kenka

Sammy Samusu said:
It's 8am now, just a few hours until they announce 1.9 million units sold.

oh fuck an answer, thank you. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck at teh wait :'(

1.9 millions ? Who did mention such a number ?

cvxfreak

I think there haven't been any reported numbers because of the holidays this week and last. Hopefully we get some later today.

Duderz

Banned
Random question, but what are the chances of Dragon Quest X finally getting unveiled on Sept 29th for Nintendo's fall conference? For whatever reason I'm thinking that Dragon Quest games usually have their own big event, which is why I ask.

donny2112

Duderz said:
Random question, but what are the chances of Dragon Quest X finally getting unveiled on Sept 29th for Nintendo's fall conference? For whatever reason I'm thinking that Dragon Quest games usually have their own big event, which is why I ask.

They may mention it in passing, but this conference is the blowout for 3DS before it's released this fall. I think there's a DQ conference often in December, though. Wasn't that the month where DQIX and DQX were announced?

Duderz

Banned
donny2112 said:
They may mention it in passing, but this conference is the blowout for 3DS before it's released this fall. I think there's a DQ conference often in December, though. Wasn't that the month where DQIX and DQX were announced?

I checked Wikipedia after my post, and sure enough, both were announced in December. Maybe this is the year for that.

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
onken said:
Ho-lee fuck.

My thoughts exactly.

I was expecting it to sell around 2 million units as Nintendo usually underships Pokemon games, so this came as a nice surprise!

With such a large opening, what is a realistic second week for the game?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201009/21033916.html
We have a new record, undershipped my ass chris :lol

Pokemon Black/White - 2,637,285

2 days figure by Famitsu.
applause2.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Final Fantasy wat

Dragon Quest wat

Monster Hunter wat

We could have had awesome threads about the lines but you fuckers had to cover TGS instead.

Return of the King baby.

Top Bottom