• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2014 (Mar 03 - Mar 09)

Shengar

Watch them take milking to the next level.

Level-6.
This one is good lol

Fear not, Yokai Watch 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all scheduled for this year.

aqcMdjk.gif

I know it's hyperbole, but how worse their franchise milking really?

Oxx

Fear not, Yokai Watch 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all scheduled for this year.

I think they mentioned another version coming out this year without actually announcing anything, and that was before the current game gained traction.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The Level 5 hate is strong in this thread when they introduced new interesting titles with Fantasy Life, Youkai Watch, Guild Series as well as their mobile offerings recently.

L~A

Freedom Wars (SCE/shift Vita game) dated for 26th June in famitsu.

Interesting. Late june/1st two weeks of July is usually one of the busiest periods for the 3DS (well, it was the last two years).

And hurrah for Youkai Watch. Looks like 1 million LTD isn't that farfetched after all.

vareon

The Level 5 hate is strong in this thread when they introduced new interesting titles with Fantasy Life, Youkai Watch, Guild Series as well as their mobile offerings recently.

It's not really hate. It's hard not to poke fun at L5's handling of their three flagship IPs in the last few years, particularly LBX.

But as you said, they did better with Fantasy Life and Link!. I also heard that Wonder Flick is a genuinely fun title, and I really wanted to try that if it's released in English.

Youkai Watch follows the same pattern as the 1st Inazuma Eleven, I'm just hoping they'll handle it better.

L~A

Oh, I just found out the Youkai Watch anime is changing time slot next month, it will air at 6.30PM instead of 7PM.

No idea if it's a better slot or not, but since the anime is getting even more popular...

Freedom Wars (SCE/shift Vita game) dated for 26th June in famitsu.
Online and 8 players patch to follow. And it's a first-party game.

Sounds like a rushed release, soon we will know why.

Same happened with God Eater 2, Namco didn't want to miss the holiday season and Vita TV week.

EDIT: WTF when did I get this tag? :lol

Theres a clear difference to how Tales of Xillia sold and Tales of Graces F sold lol. Eve with Wii sales is still falls a 100k short or so.
100k is a clear difference? Really now, so what about Xillia2 vs Graces, where's the difference there? Shouldn't Xillia2 outsell Graces by a wide margin since its exclusive?

Same happened with God Eater 2, Namco didn't want to miss the holiday season and Vita TV week.

Three months does seem a little rushed.

TyrantII

Japanese developers will be switching to mobile and it's perfectly reasonable for them to do so.

It takes two to tango. Years of neglect from studios on HD/console front have left very few delolers able to offer compelling console experiences. Even the big guys are stumbling hard, and finding it harder than it should be to develops next gen games.

Case in point nothing worthwhile being offered on PS4 at launch, leading to bad hardware sales, leading to a greater shift to mobile. Repeat.

There will be some lamenting once they realize mobile is much more hit or miss business model. By then, they might have to rebuild the console space from scratch. Which might not be a bad thing, since the old gaurd hasn't exactly been a gold stewerd.

In the thread about how X1 sales had a 96% bump on UK someone posted a tweet (from the editor of some magazine) that his retail source said there was a 72% bump for the PS4.

He won't understand the joke if he wasn't on that thread xD

Ah, thanks. I hadn't looked at that thread. Makes sense, just thought it was a typo since Titanfall is launching for 360 at some point in JP.

EDIT: Checked, it's March 27th apparently. So, next week.

Takao

Banned
Oh, and new Gundam game announced for the 3DS (from Famitsu)

Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission's success on 3DS probably sparked Namco Bandai to port over more of their CCG arcade games.

Speaking of which, V-JUMP confirms that Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 will be released on 3DS,

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission's success on 3DS probably sparked Namco Bandai to port over more of their CCG arcade games.

Speaking of which, V-JUMP confirms that Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 will be released on 3DS,

Excited to see if this time it reaches solid 18fps. A little step for Namco, a giant step for game development.

About time.

100k is a clear difference? Really now, so what about Xillia2 vs Graces, where's the difference there? Shouldn't Xillia2 outsell Graces by a wide margin since its exclusive?

sigh we've been over this. Adding Graces (wii + PS3 ) is not a fair comparison since many may have double dipped due to the extra content. Furthermore I have no reason to believe Xillia 2 has the same selling power as a new mothership title. Just watch how Tales of Zestiria does.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
So the game hasn't visited the bomba bins yet. But it will when 4G will be released.

actually - the price adjustment might be starting now - Tokio has it for a low price and whilst i didn't get round all the other stores, most usually start following suit. Will check today.

BjC1hslIgAABgGL.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
3480 is bomba bins?

Games in Japan are expensive as hell.

not particularly - just that most other places have had MH4 at around the upper end of 4000 or the lower end of 5000.

It's a great price point for anyone who hasn't got it - 3480 is below the second hand prices in most places!

and yes - Japanese games are expensive.

So three 3DS cardass games in the span of one week? Holy shit.

Also, damn, so much for Shin Budokai 3D eh BN? Well it took two Toriko games before they brought a proper game that was a sequel to the MH clone games on PSP to 3DS.

Safe to say Ultimate Mission 2 is going to bring in the big bucks. The original had monster legs for the series. Battle for Z did awful numbers.

Also the scans show screens and they show some kind of comparison between UM1 and UM2, and it looks much better now. But seriously the SAME shot? Is this an expansion?

Top Bottom