• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2014 (Mar 03 - Mar 09)

L~A

Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission's success on 3DS probably sparked Namco Bandai to port over more of their CCG arcade games.

Speaking of which, V-JUMP confirms that Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission 2 will be released on 3DS,

I'm surprised it took them so long to make a sequel. Wonder if it'll have the same legs as its predecessor.

That new Sentouchuu game doesn't seem to have as the previous one based on another TV show.

New Love Plus (3DS) – 10/10/9/9
New Love Plus+ (3DS) – 10/9/9/9

So the sequel is even more bugged?

Isn't New LovePlus+ based on the original game, though with lots of additional content? or maybe MGS:GZ pre-orders aren't as good as expected and Konami couldn't put an additional 0 on the cheque? :p

Capcom sure likes it's black cases.

Actually, it's got nothing to do with Capcom. Every game who get a CERO C rating (or above) get a black case on Nintendo platforms, including Nintendo games (Pandora's Tower had one). It's actually pretty cool, though they never did the same in the West (only exception in Pandora's Tower in Europe).

RalchAC

About time.

sigh we've been over this. Adding Graces (wii + PS3 ) is not a fair comparison since many may have double dipped due to the extra content. Furthermore I have no reason to believe Xillia 2 has the same selling power as a new mothership title. Just watch how Tales of Zestiria does.

In franchise like FF and Tales, where new titles mean new everything, sequels usually sell less. We've seen it with various games like X-2, Xillia 2, XIII-2 (ok, bigger drop due to mixed reception), Symphonia 2...

I think Zestiria will be able to sell 500-650k copies too. If Namco still wants to make Tales more popular in the West a cross-gen port would be a wise choice since Zestiria is releasing in 2015.

L~A

In franchise like FF and Tales, where new titles mean new everything, sequels usually sell less. We've seen it with various games like X-2, Xillia 2, XIII-2 (ok, bigger drop due to mixed reception), Symphonia 2...

I think Zestiria will be able to sell 500-650k copies too. If Namco still wants to make Tales more popular in the West a cross-gen port would be a wise choice since Zestiria is releasing in 2015.

Haven't followed the whole argument, but I'll just say one thing : not sure you can prove much with Tales of Symphonia 2. It's just a mediocre game (gameplay is ok, but story sucks, the characters are horrible, worst protagonist, and fan service stuff that's just making fan pissed off more than anything). Not surprised it sold significantly less than Symphonia.

I'm actually still bitter it's the only Wii Tales of game that got localised :p

actually - the price adjustment might be starting now - Tokio has it for a low price and whilst i didn't get round all the other stores, most usually start following suit. Will check today.

BjC1hslIgAABgGL.jpg

Poor Gaist Crusher.

Garou

actually - the price adjustment might be starting now - Tokio has it for a low price and whilst i didn't get round all the other stores, most usually start following suit. Will check today.

BjC1hslIgAABgGL.jpg

This happens with ultra-popular software since the used-prices come down at such high circulation. No surpirses. The real bomba in that picture is Layton vs Gyakuten, that went down in less than 6 months to that price and still hasn't cleared stock.

smbu2000

lol - saw the picture on Twitter and was pretty sure that it's the recent Inazuma eleven go title - guess I was wrong.
I'm pretty sure that's also been discounted as well. I think I saw my local GEO was selling it for 1980 yen. Amazon JP also seems to have it at drastically reduced prices. The IE 123 re-release seems to be holding up much better in price compared to the newer games.

Foshy

Dark Souls II - 256701

3DS(29248)
PS4(28864)
Vita(28761)
PS3(13529)
Wii U(7297)
PSP(3184)
Xbox 360(278)
Wii(119)

30k trinity still holding strong

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The Wii U numbers must be a lie. 7654 can't be right; it must be 7654321!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
This happens with ultra-popular software since the used-prices come down at such high circulation. No surpirses. The real bomba in that picture is Layton vs Gyakuten, that went down in less than 6 months to that price and still hasn't cleared stock.

well that's the thing - this price is -above- used prices but yeah - obviously Tokio has a history regarding hot deals and, given their prime location, i am sure they pick up trade on other items

Layton vs Gyakuten - to be honest Tokio's price on that is HIGH - it's been in the bargain bins for a while and 880 yen is not unheard of used and some places doing it for 980 new. Like i say - it hit the bins a long time back - i know i was thinking of getting it from a bin before i went to India and that was 1st Feb so it's been languishing for quite a while

Top Bottom