• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2015 (Mar 02 - Mar 08)

casiopao

besides Nintendo going for a shared ecosystem, I wonder what nintendo will try to do with the style and appearance of their next hardware.

Nintendo getting support is not only a matter of being able to run games in the PS4/X1 generation but also being appealing to the crowd that appreciate those consoles.

but that's off-topic I guess, cause japanese still need to show they care enough for home consoles alltogether.

I guess Ninty should start learning how to create super hardcore FPS+ Super hardcore Wrpg then.^_^

test_account

XP-39C²
I honestly don't know right now. I just feel that Nintendo doesn't know what they should do next in terms of consoles. The WiiU is barely active now, so it's not going to be active in any sense in 2017. Random thought: What if Nintendo drops traditional consoles entirely?
I dont think that Nintendo feels that they're completely out of good ideas for the console market just yet. Its still an active market and a new console means new ideas and new opportunities. I think Nintendo will try something again. Its the same reason why i'm curious to see what Sony will do regarding portable gaming, primarily in Japan.

mmm is this good or bad .... it look bad
Depends on what you mean with good or bad. The graph shows increased sales/ranking on Amazon.co.jp, so its good in terms of higher sales.

Is there anything for Senran Kagura EV (compared to 2 and SV)?
Also, anything to compare the 116pts of Bloodborne to?
Dark Souls 1 and 2 is probably the most accurate (which its already being compared to).

How many Bloodborne SKUs will be released in Japan? Theres 3 in the west.

Oregano

i made a thread some time ago about different potential busyness models for NIntendo. Among their options i was suggesting for them to only make handheld consoles and them:

A) Release an input device for PC or other home consoles that was a requisite to play their games.

B) That same handheld also works on PC or other consoles to play their games.

That way they still in the hardware busyness, they retain exclusivity and differentiation why potentialy increasing user base and cutting risks.

But in that case they would still be paying licensing fees to the other console manufacturers and probably not making any of their own. PC could work but PC is pretty much Steam at this point and again licensing fees.

Giving up 30% of their revenue and not being able to charge 30% to third parties would be a massive difference.

zeroOman

I dont think that Nintendo feels that they're completely out of good ideas for the console market just yet. Its still an active market and a new console means new ideas and new opportunities. I think Nintendo will try something again. Its the same reason why i'm curious to see what Sony will do regarding portable gaming in Japan.

Depends on what you mean with good or bad. The graph shows increased sales/ranking on Amazon.co.jp, so its good in terms of higher sales.

Dark Souls 1 and 2 is probably the most accurate (which its already being compared to).

How many Bloodborne SKUs will be released in Japan? Theres 3 in the west.

Nice i thought it was lower sales.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
YSO predictions

Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD < 100k
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 < 85k
[PS4] Battlefield: Hardline < 65k

But in that case they would still be paying licensing fees to the other console manufacturers and probably not making any of their own. PC could work but PC is pretty much Steam at this point and again licensing fees.

Giving up 30% of their revenue and not being able to charge 30% to third parties would be a massive difference.
If the Wii U was putting competitive sales you would have a point, as it is now, the Wii U is just continuation of the sales decline the company was having up until the GC, which far FAR worse 3rd party support. So as far as the home console part of their busyness goes, profits from licensing are laughable right now.

In the scenario i propose Nintendo would still perceive licensing fees from the most successful part of their hardware busyness which is handhelds. They would also be selling their propietary controller to play their games on other platforms making money from that and having access to a wider user base to sell their home experiences. Another bonus would be people that own another platform getting interested in the NIntendo handheld to have acceses to that library aswell as using it to play the Nintendo home console games.

Is not exactly them exiting the hardware busyness as some people suggest, just finding a more profitable alternative. This way they keep the essence of what their hardware is about while avoiding the bigger risks that is manufacturing an entire console that can't flat out fail.

Oregano

But they would still be paying licensing fees. They would be losing 30% of the revenue on just their own games before you even take third parties into account. They also wouldn't necessarily have access to a bigger userbase because they would still require people to buy their peripheral.

Peripherals aren't as widely adopted as consoles either, historically. In fact I remember Iwata bragging about how extraordinary it was that the Wii Balance board had similar sales to the PS3.

But they would still be paying licensing fees. They would be losing 30% of the revenue on just their own games before you even take third parties into account. They also wouldn't necessarily have access to a bigger userbase because they would still require people to buy their peripheral.

Peripherals aren't as widely adopted as consoles either, historically. In fact I remember Iwata bragging about how extraordinary it was that the Wii Balance board had similar sales to the PS3.
What i describe obviously is just a "what if" situation. You are basically repeating what you said earlier, so i' ll do the same them. There's little licensing busyness with the Wii U as there are no 3rd parties. The scenario i describe allows NIntendo to keep the bigger part of their licensing busyness which are handhelds.

The peripherals argument: What you say is partially right. A very dedicated peripheral like a Zapper does have a limited penetration. But something like a Dual Shock is a peripheral also, standard controllers surpass the numbers of a console base. On one hand you are right that they are prey of the peripheral sales. On the other hand this would allow people that are interested in Nintendo home console games to access that library withouth nedding to pay 250-300 dollars. There's also the chance of a NIntendo Handheld owner to access the home games on other platforms without extra costs.

If i had to make a bet in what scenraio NIntendo could sell more home console games and make more profits, i would put my money on base of hundred of millions with an admision ticket of say 75, than on a user base that hasn't reached 10 million yet and with a 200-300 fee to enter for any adtional customers..

Scum

I honestly don't know right now. I just feel that Nintendo doesn't know what they should do next in terms of consoles. The WiiU is barely active now, so it's not going to be active in any sense in 2017. Random thought: What if Nintendo drops traditional consoles entirely?

What's that, duckroll? An OS platform, you say? NintendOS, it is then!

LX_Theo

Banned

I already feel as though their next system's gimmick will be some method of combine handheld systems and home consoles into one.

Takao

Banned
Oh right forgot about Chunsoft. I don't see Chunsoft opening a western branch just for one case and so I think NIS will remain the localiser for DR.

On the Japanese said, looking through their PS3 stuff, it really is just Disgaea with some other new titles that failed to pick up. The Witch is the only one that has decent sales. Its remarkable that they have been here for so long but its probably due to their titles having such low budgets. D5 looks pretty much the same as D3.

Uh, no.
Disgaea 3: http://i.imgur.com/RrVzCO9.jpg
Disgaea 5: http://i.imgur.com/xRctqtt.jpg

Worse off for NIS is that they've said multiple times that a Vita port isn't possible. I'm not sure if they've commented on PS3, but I'm not sure it would do much for D5.

Oregano

What i describe obviously is just a "what if" situation. You are basically repeating what you said earlier, so i' ll do the same them. There's little licensing busyness with the Wii U as there are no 3rd parties. The scenario i describe allows NIntendo to keep the bigger part of their licensing busyness which are handhelds.

But that wasn't my point. Even if there is literally zero third parties Nintendo would be giving away 30% of their revenue which they currently do not. As in their games would need to sell ~140% more just to make the same amount.

The peripherals argument: What you say is partially right. A very dedicated peripheral like a Zapper does have a limited penetration. But something like a Dual Shock is a peripheral also, standard controllers surpass the numbers of a console base. On one hand you are right that they are prey of the peripheral sales. On the other hand this would allow people that are interested in Nintendo home console games to access that library withouth nedding to pay 250-300 dollars. There's also the chance of a NIntendo Handheld owner to access the home games on other platforms without extra costs.

But a standard controllers comes with the system. The attach ratio starts at one, not zero. On top of that this hypothetical Nintendo controller wouldn't be a standard controller, and likely only Nintendo games would be able to use it.

The bolded doesn't benefit Nintendo in any way, actually it means there is more competition for their games.

If i had to make a bet in what scenraio NIntendo could sell more home console games and make more profits, i would put my money on base of hundred of millions with an admision ticket of say 75, than on a user base that hasn't reached 10 million yet and with a 200-300 fee to enter for any adtional customers..

But the theoretical userbase of independent hardware is a lot higher than the theoretical userbase of a peripheral. The peripheral is always hard capped by the hardware it belongs to. It isn't a fair comparison.

I don't think stuff like Eyetoy, Move, Kinect, uDraw, Rock Band/Guitar Hero or even the Toys-to-life really back up what you are saying either. Peripherals are a massive risk and at least one of those examples helped sink a company.

EDIT: Also price of entry would still be the cost of a console + the Nintendo peripheral + software. More than one Nintendo peripheral if you want local multiplayer, which is Nintendo's forté.

heidern

Personally, I don't think premium pricing for consoles is all that viable anymore. Nintendo's problem of lack of content could get worse as development costs increase.

My bet would be that the new console will not be much more powerful than the Wii U but it will have a 3D screen and allow the handheld to be closer in power and keep the cost down. This allows the console to benefit from the handheld library and also allows an entry point for console developers to access the handheld audience. Any developers that don't want to fully make the jump to PS4 because of the increased dev costs could sidestep to this ecosystem making the same games that they are now but with the 3D gimmick. This would include Vita developers, but also potentially console developers.

Even the likes of Ubisoft could have a decent shot at getting somewhere with this. The 3DS being comparable to PS2 perhaps wasn't powerful enough for the kinds of games the top publishers make, but a 4DS comparable to Vita might be.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We've continually seen developers be the ones to demand more hardware power.

Taking a five second glance at the PS4's Japanese line up will also show you that developers are more than fine releasing games that look like PS2 games on the system.

More hardware power just makes it even easier to develop a low end game without fears of bad performance or something not working.

It also serves the EAs and Ubisofts of the world because they don't have to compete with many people on the high end and thus can have that market section to themselves.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Personally, I don't think premium pricing for consoles is all that viable anymore. Nintendo's problem of lack of content could get worse as development costs increase.

My bet would be that the new console will not be much more powerful than the Wii U but it will have a 3D screen and allow the handheld to be closer in power and keep the cost down. This allows the console to benefit from the handheld library and also allows an entry point for console developers to access the handheld audience. Any developers that don't want to fully make the jump to PS4 because of the increased dev costs could sidestep to this ecosystem making the same games that they are now but with the 3D gimmick. This would include Vita developers, but also potentially console developers.

Even the likes of Ubisoft could have a decent shot at getting somewhere with this. The 3DS being comparable to PS2 perhaps wasn't powerful enough for the kinds of games the top publishers make, but a 4DS comparable to Vita might be.

Huh? Having a 3D screen on a console? Like a 3D Gamepad? That'd be stupid as hell because you want to be looking at the TV in front of you (which in most cases, already has 3D).

I think Nintendo having a shared OS is closer to what Sony has PSV/PS3/PS4. Sony makes it easy for third parties to make games for their ecosystem. I assume Nintendo is going to do the same with the 3DS/WiiU successors. They might occasionally leverage it themselves (like Mario v. DK or something), but they'll have a good bit of exclusive titles for each platform. The fact is that the 3DS basically has no Western 3rd party support, and the Wii U has no third party support. Now combine the Nintendo ecosystem, have some easy way to port things from mobile, and actually work with third parties on promoting products (kind of like how Nintendo has been working with Capcom on Monster Hunter in the West and it looks like it's finally paying off), and go from there.

Nintendo has set the expectation for a while now to not expect much third party support on their consoles, and if it's there, it's always exclusive. Most people don't even realize those third party titles are there to even get them (pretty much no one I know even knew that Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, etc. were even on the Wii U. Why even pay for those ports if you don't spend a cent advertising it anywhere?). When I say work with third parties, these can also be new entities, upcoming indies (like the Project Ukelele guys for example), etc. The fact is Nintendo seems scared to work with anyone other than JP 3rd parties that they're familiar with (Capcom, Tecmo-Koei, Namco, Square-Enix sometimes, etc.)

Oregano

We've continually seen developers be the ones to demand more hardware power.

Taking a five second glance at the PS4's Japanese line up will also show you that developers are more than fine releasing games that look like PS2 games on the system.

More hardware power just makes it even easier to develop a low end game without fears of bad performance or something not working.

It also serves the EAs and Ubisofts of the world because they don't have to compete with many people on the high end and thus can have that market section to themselves.

It's not always about raw power either, but about features and compatibility. 3DS would get a lot more support if it could adequately support Unity for instance, even if the games didn't look as good as on other systems.

Anyway I imagine Nintendo's pitch to (Japanese) publishers for "4DS" will basically amount to "You really can't afford to not support us at this point". Not sure it will work but it's not a bad shout.

heidern

Huh? Having a 3D screen on a console? Like a 3D Gamepad? That'd be stupid as hell because you want to be looking at the TV in front of you (which in most cases, already has 3D).

Maybe they'll go for dual screen 3D with the next handheld. Wii U already has off-tv play.

Seems a no brainer to put these games onto a Nintendo console/4DS combo.

Oregano

Maybe they'll go for dual screen 3D with the next handheld. Wii U already has off-tv play.

Seems a no brainer to put these games onto a Nintendo console/4DS combo.

Nah, there's more chance of them dropping 3D altogether than making both screens 3D. The performance costs are too great. Without even talking about game performance it means brighter backlights which reduces battery life.

As to the second point: A lot of publishers, rightly or wrongly, don't feel that Nintendo systems have the right audiences for the games so it will never be a "no brainer".

Nice i thought it was lower sales.

that amazon ranking means the more a game ranks up the more is doing better
Minecraft is planned for this week, and the graph showed how much positions it gained in the last 3 weeks

even if it already sold 200k by digital, maybe the retail version will sell another 70-80k or it will have long legs and it will chart for many months as in the western markets

and I think that being a retail version is still important here in Japan, consider the PS3 import version sold a lot despite the digital availability (ok, cause it had japanese languages and it was clearly advertised on the cover)

But that wasn't my point. Even if there is literally zero third parties Nintendo would be giving away 30% of their revenue which they currently do not. As in their games would need to sell ~140% more just to make the same amount.
They lost far worse than that in the Wii to Wii U transition, for example. And their market share had been on decline since the NES.

The competition in the console space only got more fierce. A failed console can set back a company 4 or 5 years, a failed peripheral can be re worked faster and the risk is minor.

Not to mention, one reason people are not so "into" Nintendo home consoles these days are not just about hardware reasons, but also about network infrastructure which Nintendo is far behind the competition.

Also future prospects. Consoles as we know it and as NIntendo feels confortable making have it's days counted. That's why we see companies migrating to a more of a service model for gaming, with things like games on demand. Onlive for example.

But a standard controllers comes with the system. The attach ratio starts at one, not zero. On top of that this hypothetical Nintendo controller wouldn't be a standard controller, and likely only Nintendo games would be able to use it.
i was talking about the additional controller purchased after the console, i taught it was pretty obvious. A novel peripheral that works across a variety of games can sell rather well.
The bolded doesn't benefit Nintendo in any way, actually it means there is more competition for their games.
The bolded ment there's a higher chance of a non NIntendo console owner that owns a NIntendo handheld, than the other way around. And for this person (in the hypothetical scenario) means that having access to the NIntendo home console catalogue will only imply the cost of the software itself since they would be usig the handheld as the controller.

But the theoretical userbase of independent hardware is a lot higher than the theoretical userbase of a peripheral. The peripheral is always hard capped by the hardware it belongs to. It isn't a fair comparison.
i don't know what to tell you. Selling a peripheral with profit margins to the X1, PS4 and PC combined user base would seem with higher chances of profit, than invest in a 300 console that sales 11 million in 3 years.

Peripherals are more standarized these days. The Wii Remote and DS3 for example use Bluthooth as their communication protocol.

More over, there's a good chance that the peripheral has succesul sales since it means you can play some of the world greatest games and franchises at 1/3 or a 1/4 of the cost than the alternative way, which is buying a console that might not have redeeming qualities to a particular user beyond NIntendo's games.

I don't think stuff like Eyetoy, Move, Kinect, uDraw, Rock Band/Guitar Hero or even the Toys-to-life really back up what you are saying either. Peripherals are a massive risk and at least one of those examples helped sink a company.
THQ example isn't that great. 1) Because the peripheral was very specific and didn't work across a variety of genres like the NIntendo one will. 2)uDraw was succesful in its first iteration, THQ mismanagement screwed then over. 3)Related to 2), the uDraw was the final nail in the coffin of a company that was headed into bankruptcy anyways.

The Dual SHock in the original PSX is a down right super succesful peripheral. i would' ve prefered that you brought up that example.

EDIT: Also price of entry would still be the cost of a console + the Nintendo peripheral + software. More than one Nintendo peripheral if you want local multiplayer, which is Nintendo's forté.
We have to remember the Bayonetta 2 debacle. The problem with that was that 300 was a bit too much to ask for these people to access one amazing PLatinum game and a dozen more NIntendo ones.

The price of entry will be the peripheral, is not outrageous than in typical Nintendo tradition a software showcase for the peripheral is included.

On local multiplayer. Well we go the assymetrical way with one player using the Nintendo peripheral and the other players using the Steam controller or DS4's. That sounds nice to me. XD

Oregano

The dual shock was also compatible with all games and could be used as a standard controller. It was produced by the first party and it was nearly twenty years ago, the industry has changed A LOT since then.

Also whilst the Wii Remote and the DS3 both use Bluetooth that doesn't mean they are interchangeable or able to be used on opposing systems. Producing the peripheral for both MS and Sony systems would most likely require the production of two separate ones(which was the problem with uDraw). That's not taking into account the logistics of convincing Sony and MS to let Nintendo's handheld interface with their systems.

If the Nintendo games are playable on standard controllers during multiplayer what differentiates it from a standard controller? Just access to Nintendo content? Seems like a ripoff.

There's also the issue of Nintendo now having conflicts of interest with third parties. They would be partners on one system and competitors on the other. That could be abused both ways.

Honestly if Nintendo wants to play third party-with-benefits it makes much more sense to approach one of the other two hardware manufacturers and offer exclusivity in exchange for no license fee and input on controller/hardware design.

I think that if what you are suggesting was a good idea we'd see at least one third party already doing it. Activison, EA and Ubisoft would love to be able to do that.

heidern

As to the second point: A lot of publishers, rightly or wrongly, don't feel that Nintendo systems have the right audiences for the games so it will never be a "no brainer".

These publishers had 20M PSP owners and 10M PS3 owners to sell to. They didn't need Nintendo with a not ideal demographic and underpowered hardware. Vita and PS4 were an obvious continuation.

However Vita has collapsed from the PSP, and it's also itself declining(down 20% YOY). PS3 is winding down and is down nearly 50% YOY, and PS4 uptake is so far slower than even the Wii U. What do the Japanese third parties do? They could:

a) Compete in the AAA PS4 market with new IPs(not happening)
b) Carry on and hope to survive with reduced sales.
c) Exit the traditional market(with associated costs)
d) Support the future Nintendo ecosystem either in addition or in lieu of the Sony systems.

All the options contain risk. However the option of supporting the next Nintendo systems gives an opportunity to both attain growth while maintaining their development pipeline. They can carry on doing what they are currently doing for another generation now that Nintendo hardware will have finally caught up. Hence why I say it's a no brainer, the other options virtually guarantee major losses.

The dual shock was also compatible with all games and could be used as a standard controller. It was produced by the first party and it was nearly twenty years ago, the industry has changed A LOT since then.
It was a very succesful peripheral still introduced lseveral years after the launch of the system.

The industry has certainly changed a lot. That's why we don't see manufactures introducing peripherals mid cycle like in the old days with stuff like DualShock, Wave Bird, Xbox S controller, Wii Balance Board, Kinect or Project Morpheus. No sir.

Also whilst the Wii Remote and the DS3 both use Bluetooth that doesn't mean they are interchangeable or able to be used on opposing systems. Producing the peripheral for both MS and Sony systems would most likely require the production of two separate ones(which was the problem with uDraw). That's not taking into account the logistics of convincing Sony and MS to let Nintendo's handheld interface with their systems.
You are reading too much into the Bluetooth comment here. It just ilustrating how far we have come from the old days when interfaces were propietary. These days the consoles support lots of standards, so making a peripheral that work on multiple systems got a lot easier. i don't think it would need the production of separate ones, since it can potentially be handled in software.

If the Nintendo games are playable on standard controllers during multiplayer what differentiates it from a standard controller? Just access to Nintendo content? Seems like a ripoff.
You took the example in the worst case scenario. It was a comment about how Nintendo likes local assymetrical multiplayer. The example was for you to extrapolate on how this is the exact way some multiplayer Wii U games work. The Gamepad allows one player to interact differently with the game while playing with others using different controllers in the same console. This is a type of multiplayer mode that could be implemented withouth requiring the user to buy multiple versions of the same controller.

Honestly if Nintendo wants to play third party-with-benefits it makes much more sense to approach one of the other two hardware manufacturers and offer exclusivity in exchange for no license fee and input on controller/hardware design.
i thought about that of course. It could be that way or they can cut a good deal both ways. Who knows?

I think that if what you are suggesting was a good idea we'd see at least one third party already doing it. Activison, EA and Ubisoft would love to be able to do that.
Non of those are Nintendo, the most influential company in terms of input devices for consoles.

You are looking way too much in one example and missing the point, it just one idea i have among many:

Even if Nintendo pulls of another a device that gets close to the Wii Remote in innovation, the "Nintendo Like" profits Mr. Iwata likes to bring up on investors meetings are not comming back, because the market for dedicated gaming devices has changed too much. 3rd parties are more content with the other manufactures, supporting a Nintendo platform for most of them is the last resort scenario, so even if they cook something awesome 3rd parties will try to stay in their comfort zone.

So what im trying to say here, is they need a less traditonal approach, at the least beginning with their home console side of busyness.

What would suggest for them to do, if they really mean to get back to the "Nintendo like" level of profits?

AniHawk

But, what if NIS hits the jackpot with Rodea ?

jk

well, at least 3d games seem to do better in the west than japan, where a lot of times rpgs do better in japan than the us. nisa's been a consistently profitable company, too. i would think nis would simply be sold to some bigger company if they start having some deeper financial issues. kadokawa would probably be the most likely candidate.

jnWake

I dislike the "Nintendo has been declining since NES" argument because, while it's true (can't deny the numbers!), it also ignores that every generation has introduced strong competition that will undoubtly split the market share. SNES saw the Genesis, N64 saw the Playstation, Gamecube saw the XBOX. Wii U is the first time Nintendo has declined without new competitors in the console space, and that is ignoring the smartphone and tablet as gaming competitors. Hence, it's hard to argue if Nintendo has lost appeal or if people are simply splitting across different options.

I dislike the "Nintendo has been declining since NES" argument because, while it's true (can't deny the numbers!), it also ignores that every generation has introduced strong competition that will undoubtly split the market share. SNES saw the Genesis, N64 saw the Playstation, Gamecube saw the XBOX. Wii U is the first time Nintendo has declined without new competitors in the console space, and that is ignoring the smartphone and tablet as gaming competitors. Hence, it's hard to argue if Nintendo has lost appeal or if people are simply splitting across different options.

If they are choosing other options, wouldn't that mean that Nintendo has lost an appeal?

Tsutaya chart 09-15/03/2015

01.00 - (PS3) Yakuza 0
02.00 - (PS4) Yakuza 0
03.00 - (PSV) Digimon Cyber Sleuth

04.01 - (PS3) Dragon Quest Heroes
05.00 - (3DS) Assasination Classroom
06.00 - (WiiU) Mario Party 10
07.00 - (WiiU) Mario Party 10 Amiibo Set

08.04 - (PSV) God Eater 2 Rage Burst
09.03 - (PS4) Dragon Quest Heroes
10.05 - (3DS) Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask
11.00 - (PSP) Uta no Prince-sama
12.08 - (3DS) Youkai Watch 2 Shin'uchi is gonna overpass ORAS
13.11 - (3DS) Seven Deadly Islands
14.00 - (PS3) Winning Post 8 2015
15.00 - (PSV) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6

16.07 - (PS4) Evolve
17.00 - (PSV) Winning Post 8 2015
18.02 - (3DS) Etrian Mistery Dungeon
19.00 - (PSV) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui
20.12 - (3DS) Super Smash Bros

Arzehn

Digimon above Yakuza 0 PS4 on comgnet

[PS3]&#40845;&#12364;&#22914;&#12367;0 &#35475;&#12356;&#12398;&#22580;&#25152; - 398pt
[Vita]&#12487;&#12472;&#12514;&#12531;&#12473;&#12488;&#12540;&#12522;&#12540;&#12288;&#12469;&#12452;&#12496;&#12540;&#12473;&#12523;&#12453;&#12540;&#12473; - 223pt
[PS4]&#40845;&#12364;&#22914;&#12367;0 &#35475;&#12356;&#12398;&#22580;&#25152; - 162pt

Mory Dunz

Tsutaya chart 09-15/03/2015

01.00 - (PS3) Yakuza 0
02.00 - (PS4) Yakuza 0
03.00 - (PSV) Digimon Cyber Sleuth

04.01 - (PS3) Dragon Quest Heroes
05.00 - (3DS) Assasination Classroom
06.00 - (WiiU) Mario Party 10
07.00 - (WiiU) Mario Party 10 Amiibo Set

08.04 - (PSV) God Eater 2 Rage Burst
09.03 - (PS4) Dragon Quest Heroes
10.05 - (3DS) Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask
11.00 - (PSP) Uta no Prince-sama
13.11 - (3DS) Seven Deadly Islands
14.00 - (PS3) Winning Post 8 2015
15.00 - (PSV) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6

16.07 - (PS4) Evolve
17.00 - (PSV) Winning Post 8 2015
18.02 - (3DS) Etrian Mistery Dungeon
19.00 - (PSV) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui
20.12 - (3DS) Super Smash Bros

Hm, wonder what the expected drop for DQH is so we could guess a few numbers.

What's assination classroom and why's it above Mario Party. Seems like MP might've bombed a little. Or do they combine it and the amiibo set thing...?
EDIT:
I know it's just Tsutaya but I'm just speculating.

COMG! Weekly Ranking: March 9th-15th

1. [PS3] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 398pt
2. [Vita] Digimon Story cyber Sul © over scan - 223pt
3. [PS4] Yakuza 0 oath of location - 162pt
4. [3DS] assassination classroom killing sensei large siege !! - 79Pt
5. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 63pt
6. [WiiU] Mario Party 10 - 45Pt
7. [WiiU] Mario Party 10 amiibo set - 42pt
8. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora Mask 3D - 35Pt
9. [Vita] God Eater 2 Rage burst - 27pt
10. [PS3] Winning Post 8 2015 - 21Pt
11. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes darkness dragon and of the world tree castle - 20pt
12. [PS3] Psycho Break (PS3) - 20pt
13. [3DS] Seven Deadly Sins truth of false accusation - 20pt
14. [Vita] Higurashi chic - 15pt
15. [3DS] Lego City Undercover Chase Begins - 14pt
16. [PS3] Main Craft (English) - 13pt
17. [3DS] specter watch 2 star performer - 12pt
18. [PS4] Evolve - 11pt
19. [PS3] ? Call of Duty Black Ops U (Subtitled) re cheaper version - 11pt
20. [3DS] Pokemon omega Ruby - 11pt

hiska-kun

Hm, wonder what the expected drop for DQH is so we could guess a few numbers.

What's assination classroom and why's it above Mario Party. Seems like MP might've bombed a little. Or do they combine it and the amiibo set thing...?
EDIT:
I know it's just Tsutaya but I'm just speculating.

Assassination Classroom is an Anime that is airing at the moment. The movie comes out next week.
Media Create and Famitsu will combine MP10 SKUs, meaning that will be on the 4rth spot (30~50k).

horuhe

Haven't counted the Double Pack, Hino. ;)
BTW, I'm also impressed by the Shin Uchi's numbers. It's totally overperforming ORAS.

Ansatsu Kyoshitsu is a Japanese animation. I guess the videogame is very niche and targeted to the otaku audience, so its sales will be minimal. Mario Party games usually have some legs. So I expect an increase around Golden Week.

Mory Dunz

Ansatsu Kyoshitsu is a Japanese animation. I guess the videogame is very niche and targeted to the otaku audience, so its sales will be minimal. Mario Party games usually have some legs. So I expect an increase around Golden Week.

Assassination Classroom is an Anime that is airing at the moment. The movie comes out next week.
Media Create and Famitsu will combine MP10 SKUs, meaning that will be on the 4rth spot (30~50k).

Thanks.

Hopefully it'll have decent legs.

noobie

Banned
YSO predictions

Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD < 100k
[PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 < 85k
[PS4] Battlefield: Hardline < 65k

Isnt it a bit low for FF Type-0? i know its a remake but it has the playable demo of FF XV? so i was expecting something like 250k

How much the FFXIII demo did for PS3?

Takao

Banned
That Assassination Classroom game looked abysmal.

Best Digimon debuts:

PSP : Digimon World Re:Digitize ( Bandai Namco ) { 2012-07-19 } - 73,468 / 153,980
NDS : Digimon World: Dusk / Dawn ( Bandai Namco ) { 2007-03-29 } - 72,308 / 185,110
PS1 : Digimon World 2 ( Bandai ) { 2000-07-27 } - 62,797 / 147,465
PS1 : Digimon World: Digital Card Battle ( Bandai ) { 1999-12-22 } - 48,089 / 118,727
PSP : Digimon Adventure ( Bandai Namco ) { 2013-01-17 } - 45,438 / 80,833
NDS : Digimon Story ( Bandai Namco ) { 2006-06-15 } - 44,932 / 217,986
3DS : Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode ( Bandai Namco ) { 2013-06-27 } - 37,125 / 75,987
BWS : Digimon Adventure: Anode / Cathode Tamer ( Bandai ) { 1999-12-16 } - 36,150 / 212,462
NDS : Digimon Story: Lost Evolution ( Bandai Namco ) { 2010-07-01 } - 36,105 / 80,279
PS1 : Digimon World 3 ( Bandai ) { 2002-07-04 } - 35,469 / 83,635
PS1 : Pocket Digimon World ( Bandai ) { 2000-06-29 } - 32,484 / 81,370
PS1 : Digimon World ( Bandai ) { 1999-01-28 } - 29,291 / 246,862

Cyber Sleuth coming for that crown.

Look for Konami to make even fewer consumer games, as key staff behind the Tokimeki Memorial and Love Plus franchises have left the company: https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/577305368264474625 https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/577305613060812802

Sandfox

Best Digimon debuts:

PSP : Digimon World Re:Digitize ( Bandai Namco ) { 2012-07-19 } - 73,468 / 153,980
NDS : Digimon World: Dusk / Dawn ( Bandai Namco ) { 2007-03-29 } - 72,308 / 185,110
PS1 : Digimon World: Digital Card Battle ( Bandai ) { 1999-12-22 } - 48,089 / 118,727
3DS : Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode ( Bandai Namco ) { 2013-06-27 } - 37,125 / 75,987
BWS : Digimon Adventure: Anode / Cathode Tamer ( Bandai ) { 1999-12-16 } - 36,150 / 212,462
NDS : Digimon Story: Lost Evolution ( Bandai Namco ) { 2010-07-01 } - 36,105 / 80,279

Look for Konami to make even fewer consumer games, as key staff behind the Tokimeki Memorial and Love Plus franchises have left the company: https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/577305368264474625 https://twitter.com/RyougaSaotome/status/577305613060812802

Given the ratings the anime used to get you'd think the older games would have sold better.

horuhe

(seriosly, we have numbers for that one?)

excellent, I feel the Force inside you; we all together will destroy the Empire

[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 2.549.155
[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire: Dual Pack <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥9.874) - 98.381

Total (Dual Pack x2):
[3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 2.745.917

Haha, Jibanyan will be the Samurai Blue's pet in a matter of time.

small44

Best Digimon debuts:

Look like Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth will have the best debut

Top Bottom