• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2015 (Mar 02 - Mar 08)

Takao

Banned
How much did the Gameboy games sell in the first week? But very nice that they managed to develope a game that is seems to be wanted and that the platform choice also can support such sales.

It looks like the only Digimon game on Gameboy platforms to see a release in Japan was Digimon Racing. Japanltdrank doesn't have any sales data for that. Most Digimon handheld games were on Bandai's Wonderswan platforms:

BWS : Digital Monster for WonderSwan ( Bandai ) { 1999-03-25 } - 15,851 / 103,206
BWS : Digimon Adventure: Anode / Cathode Tamer ( Bandai ) { 1999-12-16 } - 36,150 / 212,462
BWS : Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers ( Bandai ) { 2000-08-03 } - - / 61,815
BWS : Digimon Adventure 02: D1 Tamers ( Bandai ) { 2000-12-09 } - 14,459 / 14,459
BWS : Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medley ( Bandai ) { 2001-07-12 } - 8,970 / 23,930
BWS : Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit ( Bandai ) { 2001-10-06 } - 14,025 / 43,624
BWS : Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamers ( Bandai ) { 2001-12-29 } - 8,819 / 26,364
BWS : Digital Monster for WonderSwanColor ( Bandai ) { 2002-03-16 } - 6,103 / 10,938
BWS : Digital Monsters: D Project ( Bandai ) { 2002-08-03 } - 5,351 / 16,998

I swear in those past few threads you react as if Nintendo did something bad to you.

that "nintendonination" was ironic

I wonder why when I show PS4 comparisons anyone disapproves my posts, but if I talk (not well) about Nintendo automatically I am a Nintendo hater...

but at least you didn't ask me if nintendo "killed my parents" as someone did last week

Eolz

that "nintendonination" was ironic

I wonder why when I show PS4 comparisons anyone disapproves my posts, but if I talk (not well) about Nintendo automatically I am a Nintendo hater...

but at least you didn't ask me if nintendo "killed my parents" as someone did last week

Nah, the "killed your parents/dog/grandma/etc" quote is overused by now, and I didn't have any inspiration for something good.
I know it was ironic (or rather sarcastic), but this kind of comments is usually pretty focused, I wouldn't have noticed it as much if it was for everyone at the same level. Didn't notice anything special in response to your Sony comparisons (nor any fanboyish comments for Sony in those), so can't say anything about that.
Don't think you're a hater btw, could be focused just as well on a fanbase for all I know.

Anyway, that's completely off-topic, sorry about that, just surprised me as you didn't seem like that some months ago.

Edit: and to stay on topic, I'm thinking ~45k for MP10 FW, but that we'll see him regularly in the top 50 throughout the year.

Edit: and to stay on topic, I'm thinking ~45k for MP10 FW, but that we'll see him regularly in the top 50 throughout the year.

MP10 will sell in the long run, it's clearly a "GW game" but N wisely choosed to release it before and focus their efforts and customers attention on Xenoblade for that period (which comes with a bundle)

a double release or a nearly release of both products would have damaged more Xeno than MP10, and Mario Party is the typical family oriented product which can sell for weeks and weeks, so I would not be alarmed for a low debut
plus it's not an annual release as it happened in the past, so sales could reach very interesting numbers

and I feel it has good chances to become
the winter holiday bundle this year

ps : no problem buddy, you clearly realized I was ironic/sarcastic with the amazon chart

I don't know if we already made a talk about it, but seems like Sony is still selling Vita 1000

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PlayStation-Vita-デビューパック-Wi-Fiモデル-クリスタル・ブラック/dp/B00SH2MHJA/ref=zg_bs_2280006051_41

this is one of the latest bundle, there are 3 different versions and everyone has a 16Gb card included; the topic came out at work when a friend of mine was planning to buy a PSV, I suggested him to buy one of those bundle
after a couple of days he said to me that he bought the 3G version; at the moment I was surprised and I was thinking he made a mistake, but now I checked on Amazon and it's clearly a 1000 model

Strange considering it's more than one year they stopped production, didn't they ?

So there is still a chance to join
the superior OLED
family

Vena

I don't know if we already made a talk about it, but seems like Sony is still selling Vita 1000

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PlayStation-Vita-デビューパック-Wi-Fiモデル-クリスタル・ブラック/dp/B00SH2MHJA/ref=zg_bs_2280006051_41

this is one of the latest bundle, there are 3 different versions and everyone has a 16Gb card included; the topic came out at work when a friend of mine was planning to buy a PSV, I suggested him to buy one of those bundle
after a couple of days he said to me that he bought the 3G version; at the moment I was surprised and I was thinking he made a mistake, but now I checked on Amazon and it's clearly a 1000 model

Strange considering it's more than one year they stopped production, didn't they ?

So there is still a chance to join
the superior OLED
family

Its likely dead stock from the rest of the world that they can't move. I highly doubt there is any production runs of the Vita 1000 still on going anywhere, and they simply have too much stock left to do anything with other than to toss it into bundles to hopefully move it.

Its like Nintendo's refurbed WiiUs.

Bitanator

So the Digimon game will have a great debut, this make me happy. Hope it gets localized would love to spend hours playing it

duckroll

So, since Nintendo finally made the logical business decision and have done the responsible thing for their shareholders, I have a feeling that a lot of people here who were previously completely uninterested in discussing mobile sales and trends will have to start paying more attention very soon to stay relevant! :)

Oregano

So, since Nintendo finally made the logical business decision and have done the responsible thing for their shareholders, I have a feeling that a lot of people here who were previously completely uninterested in discussing mobile sales and trends will have to start paying more attention very soon to stay relevant! :)

Well I was thinking that with NX the Japanese hardware market is either going to rise to heaven, or sink to hell.

It's difficult to say, as of now, whether this business decision is really logical or not; it depends on how it will be implemented. It might be detrimental in the long-run; it might be not.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Years? Really?
Please can you bring some examples?

don't mix what I wrote into some italian forum with what I write here...

FYI both of us wrote in the same forum in Italy

I'd say that...

Nah, the "killed your parents/dog/grandma/etc" quote is overused by now, and I didn't have any inspiration for something good.
I know it was ironic (or rather sarcastic), but this kind of comments is usually pretty focused, I wouldn't have noticed it as much if it was for everyone at the same level.

Not interest in their mobile output. As in mobile output in general.
More itnerested in their NX product, instead.

duckroll

Not interest in their mobile output. As in mobile output in general.
More itnerested in their NX product, instead.

Doesn't matter whether you're interested in their output or not. It will be a big part of their business moving forward, and sales threads are about business, not what-games-I-like. :p

Nintendo are going to be internally developing mobile titles right......I fear this is going to effect their output on core devices even more. I mean they now have mobile, handheld, console and QoL to deal with.

Sandfox

It seems like it was a good move for both sides.

cafemomo

Nintendo are going to be internally developing mobile titles right......I fear this is going to effect their output on core devices even more. I mean they now have mobile, handheld, console and QoL to deal with.
They have a lot of throwaway teams that can churn out iOS game (people who made those NES rom hacks, Warioware, Mario vs Donkey Kong, etc)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Sigh... I have a feeling this will mean a lot or very little. Either you'll see lots of throwaway things (maybe like Pokemon Shuffle) on mobile phones, or you'll see the death of their traditional devices/platforms because they're actually taking mobile seriously. If they're doing the latter, then it was good knowing them. If they try to straddle the line in the middle somewhere, I personally see them just failing at both and then focusing on one or the other (likely mobile).

Meh, I'll probably phase out of paying attention to sales-age then. Seeing charts of "top 100" is really boring to me, as it's a race of "who downloaded more of this for little to nothing" and has very few concrete #s from what I can tell. I personally still think mobile's current pricing scheme is very toxic to the software industry and I say that as someone who develops for it.

They have a lot of throwaway teams that can churn out iOS game (people who made those NES rom hacks, Warioware, Mario vs Donkey Kong, etc)

Sigh... I have a feeling this will mean a lot or very little. Either you'll see lots of throwaway things (maybe like Pokemon Shuffle) on mobile phones, or you'll see the death of their traditional devices/platforms because they're actually taking mobile seriously. If they're doing the latter, then it was good knowing them. If they try to straddle the line in the middle somewhere, I personally see them just failing at both and then focusing on one or the other (likely mobile).

I was going to say what happens if this venture soon eclipses their core business resulting in them placing their core teams on the mobile venture and sacrificing their console output in exchange.

L~A

Guess last year Nikkei article was more spot-on than we thought, heh?

Looking back at all the announcements, they were already written on the wall: the account system, the "redefinition of Nintendo platforms", taking advantage of mobile platforms to stregthen its core business... all of them things mentionned during past investor meetings.

We even got a new platform tease, ha ha.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Doesn't matter whether you're interested in their output or not. It will be a big part of their business moving forward, and sales threads are about business, not what-games-I-like. :p

:p
I have no issue in not being relevant in MC thread, that's the behind-the-scene of my reply.
It's not a topic I'm interested in so I'll still comment the (minor) dedicated videogame numbers :p

This is my fear, really. I was happy about their R&D re-structure because I could have hoped for more stable release of game, but with two more "platforms" as QOL and Mobile their actual dedicated output will probably be even less.

How has DeNA been performing recently?

I recall reading they were struggling with a) the movement to smartphones from feature phones, and b) operations in foreign markets. But I don't know if their situation has improved or they've seen continued decline.

App Annie's annual publisher revenue ranking has them at #19 below Zynga, from a 2013 position of #8.

Darius

Banned

In a thread about sales performances at retail, digital sales especially the ones with no direct connection with retail software/products is pretty much off-topic. The often used graphs with chart positions for smartphone games often with no further information is also of very dubious value in general.

About the DeNa collaboration if it leads to a multi-system 1st party Nintendo plattform like iOs, they could really grow again. In the most recent years their software was really held back due to hardware sales. It is also interesting that this implies more support for Nintendo systems since DeNa might be working on games based on Nintendo IPs for this new Nintendo platform. My impression is that while there will still be console/handheld exclusive mainline entries, the "side-projects" or more smartphone friendly software will also be directly usable on Nintendos proprietary hardware.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They said this day would never come.

Look where we are now, and so soon to boot.

How has DeNA been performing recently?

I recall reading they were struggling with a) the movement to smartphones from feature phones, and b) operations in foreign markets. But I don't know if their situation has improved or they've seen continued decline.

App Annie's annual publisher revenue ranking has them at #19 below Zynga, from a 2013 position of #8.
They are struggling, but they just had a tremendous hit with hit with Record Keeper, which likely sealed the deal.

Eolz

This business alliance is a great move for them, but it's not really a big change of strategy for now. DeNA gets better IPs and some freedom to work with, Nintendo gets to market stuff without making ports and truly going mobile.
That's good, and too many people are going "it's over Nintendo is making mobile games!". It's not entirely true.

Still, DeNA has probably a role to play in the design of NX as well...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll cross-post my opinion from the other thread on the DeNA/Nintendo deal since it's basically a business opinion:

So generally I feel this is a slam dunk for both parties.

On Nintendo's side, they're likely getting some ridiculous royalty like 35-50% of the money made after Apple/Google take their cut.

DeNA is a prominant, long time Japanese mobile vendor that specializes in adapting licensed IPs into successful games that are well tuned for mobile audiences, and have had some good success overseas. While they were most prominent in the feature phone days, they do still have modern successes in Japan, have some remaining success in the West, and with the strength of IPs like this, should be able to make very significant launches that both acquire and monetize well. There are very few companies that have success both domestically and abroad in mobile, so this is notable.

Given that mobile now dominates the casual market, holds great sway over children, and is the dominant form of gaming in many emerging markets (and even Japan for that matter), Nintendo will also get their brands in front of many more people, which makes them much more valuable as licensable IP for merchandizing and transmedia efforts. It keeps Nintendo's IPs relevant as well in world where handhelds are fading and Nintendo's consoles are borderline moribund.

As an even further bonus, the type of games that succeed on mobile have very little overlap with those that work on handhelds, so for the short and mid-term, Nintendo can keep on making handheld games without hugely fearing cannibalization. Obviously there will be some amount of cannibalization, but given how much handheld retraction has already happened, Nintendo might end up gaining as many new converts as they lose to people who are happy to just have a Mario autorunner on their phone. In the short term they could even grow a bit, though I think the long term prospect is still a steady decline. With the NX account system, they can try and encourage this as well by doing things like sending Pokemon to your 3DS/4DS game box by achieving certain things in Puzzles & Pokemon or vice versa, which helps entice people to play both.

On DeNA's side, this is quite possibly the biggest licensing deal in mobile history. Nintendo's brands are extremely well recognized and incredibly popular, and people will flock to them on mobile in droves. Given that DeNA already has monetization down pat, this should result in a windfall profit. This also gives them a great avenue to worldwide relevance instead of earning overwhelmingly from Japan. Acquiring all these new users to their platform is a great way to boost their other games as well. Beyond that, assuming these games are successful, which they almost assuredly will be, it also gives them a great sales pitch for licensing more IP to boot.

For Nintendo, I think the next step is working hard on getting great licensing deals going for TV, cartoons, and film. Disney, Warner (Cartoon Network), or even Viacom (Nickelodeon) would be good partners. This will get their brands in front of even more audiences, especially kids, and help them try to remodel the company into an IP and merchandizing powerhouse, which feels like a much stronger direction for the company. They can obviously keep video game development as one of their strong arms of the business, but they desperately need diversification, and this is the most straightforward and obvious route by far.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Same:

I've read Nintendo's presentation through their IR Press Releases and damn what a development.

10% stock ownership in DeNA (majority shareholder). They basically now own a mobile platform for their IP's - think of this partnership like EuroDisney (significant ownership + dividend payments for IP offerings).

Also more licensing agreements to come which is always great to hear.

The comeback plan to say will only technically be in effect in FY17 (2016), but still this is great to see. Nintendo the proactive is not a word I would murmur a couple of years ago but it should does seem like it currently.

Market reacting was great lol :p Sold my shares at 17.90$, very pleased with a base costs of 11.97$. I'm going to comeback once the market stabilizes but still wow Nintendo, I'm impressed. (Still also own 7974 shares, let's see how this goes too)

But as Iwata mentioned: it is a highly competitive market and only a handful of content providers have been able to show enduring results.

Let's hope Nintendo is part of the handful of content providers that will be successful through their mobile offerings.

Edit: Just listened to the briefing, revenue generated through Nintendo IP offerings will generally be split 50-50. Even better.

Massa

really? I thought they stopped the production after 2000 hit the shelves, so after a year or more I felt strange they were still selling the first model

They probably stopped making them, but people in Japan just don't buy the 3G Vita in general. When the 2000 came out they put the all 1000 models on sale, and every SKU sold out quickly except for the 3G ones.

casiopao

To Nirolak and Duckroll here.

While i had read on some part where this is a win win situation, i still see some on other forum saying that people who usually plays free game won't ever play game which need them to pay money. However seeing that DeNa is going to help Ninty on making account/loyalty system program. I wanted to discuss if my view here is possible or not.^_^

My post on other topic.

.............. I actually see this account system is more than what it meets in eyes. It can even be the solution for the problem that many mention here on people playing free game will never eva play 40 bucks game here so this is a bad move.

What if this account program does not function only as simple account system but it had many other feature?
Like if the mobile player had played the game for more like 100 hours(ads money or from microtransaction) Ninty is going to give some free title(digitally) on their handhelds or even consoles.This way, Ninty is actually trying to entice those smartphone gamers to come to their gaming ecosystem. I mean the word FREE is powerful on smartphone. It can also be powerful to make people go into their ecosystem. This will kinda decrease the problem high cost barrier which Iwata mention before where even with all the quality, sometimes Free is just more powerful.

That way, they are going to get both brand awareness and also some new gamer coming looking for new experience for cheaper price. There are also possibilities for some who new gamer who become interested in trying more Ninty classic great gaming experience tx to the spread of brand awareness.

What do other Gaffers think here? Is this a nice plan or is it a bad plan?

Darius

Banned

While i had read on some part where this is a win win situation, i still see some on other forum saying that people who usually plays free game won't ever play game which need them to pay money. However seeing that DeNa is going to help Ninty on making account/loyalty system program. I wanted to discuss if my view here is possible or not.^_^

My post on other topic.

.............. I actually see this account system is more than what it meets in eyes. It can even be the solution for the problem that many mention here on people playing free game will never eva play 40 bucks game here so this is a bad move.

What if this account program does not function only as simple account system but it had many other feature?
Like if the mobile player had played the game for more like 100 hours(ads money or from microtransaction) Ninty is going to give some free title(digitally) on their handhelds or even consoles.This way, Ninty is actually trying to entice those smartphone gamers to come to their gaming ecosystem. I mean the word FREE is powerful on smartphone. It can also be powerful to make people go into their ecosystem. This will kinda decrease the problem high cost barrier which Iwata mention before where even with all the quality, sometimes Free is just more powerful.

That way, they are going to get both brand awareness and also some new gamer coming looking for new experience for cheaper price. There are also possibilities for some who new gamer who become interested in trying more Ninty classic great gaming experience tx to the spread of brand awareness.

"We aim to construct a bridge between smart devices and dedicated video game hardware that connects consumers to our dedicated video game systems."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

My post on other topic.

I think the in game incentives like some free Pokemon are usually enough for the type of people that would cross over.

For the 4DS I think they'd just have to tackle new price points the normal way.

Pokemon Shuffle isn't a bad start, but they should add more free 2 play games, and continue to promote downloadable software.

By the time someone is spending $150-$200 on a handheld though, chance are they're willing to spend something on a game given they're buying a dedicated device. Someone who doesn't want to pay at all doesn't want to buy a handheld in the first place.

To note, given their partner, I'm also assuming that Nintendo isn't putting out "cheaper" games on mobile so much as only f2p games on mobile.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think the first mobile offering through the DeNA joint-partnership will be Pokemon.

Start off slow and ramp-up productions on other titles in the meantime. Pokemon's already on mobile in some way.

Pokemon TCG is my bet, but a fully-fledged one (the app released currently is terrible and counter-intuitive), in the veins of Pokemon Shuffle - start-off with one region (gyms, trainers, elite four 4, etc.) and update the game every 1-2 month with new regions, events, etc.

casiopao

I think the in game incentives like some free Pokemon are usually enough for the type of people that would cross over.

For the 4DS I think they'd just have to tackle new price points the normal way.

Pokemon Shuffle isn't a bad start, but they should add more free 2 play games, and continue to promote downloadable software.

By the time someone is spending $150-$200 on a handheld though, chance are they're willing to spend something on a game given they're buying a dedicated device. Someone who doesn't want to pay at all doesn't want to buy a handheld in the first place.

To note, given their partner, I'm also assuming that Nintendo isn't putting out "cheaper" games on mobile so much as only f2p games on mobile.

I don't really agree on the free Pokemon is enough there as special event Pokemon is again more or less trying to get those Pokemon fans into their handheld or consoles and those people are usually more or less going to get the console for Pokemon.

I am thinking for example, the free 2 game is Mario there on smartphone. After the player spend like 100 bucks on the smartphone, Ninty is giving them code for the player to DL the handheld Mario game title for Free or maybe a huge discount. which can help entice the smartphone user into buying the handheld and of course buying other games they are interested in the future.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think the first mobile offering through the DeNA joint-partnership will be Pokemon.

Start off slow and ramp-up productions on other titles in the meantime. Pokemon's already on mobile in some way.

Pokemon TCG is my bet, but a fully-fledged one (the app released currently is terrible and counter-intuitive), in the veins of Pokemon Shuffle - start-off with one region (gyms, trainers, elite four 4, etc.) and update the game every 1-2 month with new regions, events, etc.

How exactly is hitting the ground running with a Pokemon title a slow start ? ;-)

Interested to see what we will get but i think having a Mario title for Christmas being playable on Smartphones and PC would be quite....big.

Opiate

I'm not sure where this leaves Sony. If Nintendo maintains its dominance of handheld systems while moving in to mobile, it leaves very little room for Sony to squeeze in to. I had thought they might transition in to mobile more aggressively/successfully than Nintendo, but perhaps that won't happen.

casiopao

How exactly is hitting the ground running with a Pokemon title a slow start ? ;-)

Interested to see what we will get but i think having a Mario title for Christmas being playable on Smartphones and PC would be quite....big.

I thought they said that PC is only going to be like accompanied system? Like to buy some games or send message?

I'm not sure where this leaves Sony. If Nintendo maintains its dominance of handheld systems while moving in to mobile, it leaves very little room for Sony to squeeze in to. I had thought they might transition in to mobile more aggressively/successfully than Nintendo, but perhaps that won't happen.

Well, Sony can simply ignore that market right? Especially when their smartphone product is not doing well last time i know. Tx to their idea of making tons and tons of product(Is it doing better now?)

It is not like Sony is doing much with Vita right now. And entering smartphone market is not easy at all.

Kyoufu

Sony doesn't have IPs such as Mario or Pokemon to really make a mobile games business successful so I'm surprised you thought that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't really agree on the free Pokemon is enough there as special event Pokemon is again more or less trying to get those Pokemon fans into their handheld or consoles and those people are usually more or less going to get the console for Pokemon.

I am thinking for example, the free 2 game is Mario there on smartphone. After the player spend like 100 bucks on the smartphone, Ninty is giving them code for the player to DL the handheld Mario game title for Free or maybe a huge discount. which can help entice the smartphone user into buying the handheld and of course buying other games they are interested in the future.

I guess my view is that I feel anyone who isn't already won over by the brand itself "I love this Pokemon smartphone game so I'm going to try this 3DS Pokemon game!" is actually going to transition over.

Like I view the conversion ratio of people who have only played their games on mobile here as quite low (especially for older people, younger kids might just be too young to get a device like a 3DS yet) as long as you actually have to buy another piece of hardware.

I don't think a free game will make much of a difference for someone who can cough up the $150-$200. Usually you just get a free game bundled in anyway around the holidays.

The idea of the free Pokemon is less the free Pokemon itself, but rather just having a transparent way of saying "Oh yeah if you like this did you know we also have another game!!!"

Similarly they can do the reverse to help get their fans monetizing on mobile as well since f2p games don't have a pay limit and major fans often like playing brands everywhere. "Did you buy Pokemon Deep Purple? You can get Smokemon when you start PokePuzzle!"

Opiate

Well, Sony can simply ignore that market right? Especially when their smartphone product is not doing well last time i know. Tx to their idea of making tons and tons of product(Is it doing better now?)

It is not like Sony is doing much with Vita right now. And entering smartphone market is not easy at all.

It's not exactly a market I'd want to ignore. "Let's ignore this rapidly expanding, highly profitable market in favor of our slowly contracting, less profitable one."

Sony doesn't have IPs such as Mario or Pokemon to really make a mobile games business successful so I'm surprised you thought that.

They didn't really have a successful console IP either when they took that market by storm with the PS1. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it's just not a market I would give up casually.

Eolz

They're fucked.
They will still do some partnerships obviously, but nothing big. Mostly to cross-promote other games like they did in the past.

MilesTeg

Banned
They didn't really have a successful console IP either when they took that market by storm with the PS1. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it's just not a market I would give up casually.

And besides Gran Turismo, they still really don't have any IP that Japan gives a damn about. Sony has always succeeded on their third party relations. They have several popular IP in the west but Japan, not so much, and that is a major reason why the Vita is where it is; because Sony can't float a console with their IP like Nintendo can.

casiopao

I guess my view is that I feel anyone who isn't already won over by the brand itself "I love this Pokemon smartphone game so I'm going to try this 3DS Pokemon game!" is actually going to transition over.

Like I view the conversion ratio of people who have only played their games on mobile here as quite low (especially for older people, younger kids might just be too young to get a device like a 3DS yet) as long as you actually have to buy another piece of hardware.

I don't think a free game will make much of a difference for someone who can cough up the $150-$200. Usually you just get a free game bundled in anyway around the holidays.

The idea of the free Pokemon is less the free Pokemon itself, but rather just having a transparent way of saying "Oh yeah if you like this did you know we also have another game!!!"

Similarly they can do the reverse to help get their fans monetizing on mobile as well since f2p games don't have a pay limit and major fans often like playing brands everywhere. "Did you buy Pokemon Deep Purple? You can get Smokemon when you start PokePuzzle!"

Hmmm..... i don't know here. I just don't see it lol. I feel that free game especially when it achieved maybe 2 or 3 titles can be the pushing button for those people. Especially parents when they heard from their children that they got free games. Parents would be less resistant into buying those dedicated consoles as this time, the already a number of free games on the system there and they don't need to buy new game for quite some time.

But maybe what u said is better or not i am really not sure lol.

Top Bottom