• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2015 (Mar 09 - Mar 15)

Takao

Banned
sorry for another bothering answer, but I think a picture it's a better example

Yodobashi East Shinjuku

both sides of those shelves have Vita games, not only the one showed in the picture, same for PS3, while 3DS and other Nintendo products are upstairs

Are they having an Xbox One clearance sale or something?

Are they having an Xbox One clearance sale or something?

They are desperately trying to promote it, there was just a guy playing FIFA

the funny thing is I took that picture from the XBO section, those flags are over a couple of big screens showing FF Type 0, maybe someone will notice the game is also available for XBO.....

test_account

XP-39C²
I was there December last year until early January this year and it had a pretty respectable amount of shelf space. Tonnes of games and accessories. Saw quite a few people pick up that value pack while I was in Yodobashi Akiba as well.
bigger

more games, more space

2013 was my first year in Japan, so I can clearly make a comparison

the problem is PSP, still holding a lot of spaces into shops (especially in used game chain shops like Book-Off)
sorry for another bothering answer, but I think a picture it's a better example

Yodobashi East Shinjuku
[url]http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/moorangol/Mobile%20Uploads/bee83322-bd15-4687-8fdd-b4e5721f8f6e_zpsnennti7g.jpg[/URL]

both sides of those shelves have Vita games, not only the one showed in the picture, same for PS3, while 3DS and other Nintendo products are upstairs
No bothering at all, thanks for the answers to the both of you! :)

Eolz

Finally SK appeared in the Comgnet chart:

10.[PSV] Senran Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - 44pt

In a week and a half we will discover the state of this IP.

The future of this IP is probably ironically in the West. Even if it does SK2 levels they won't stop there.

Bruno MB

Well, with an install base of 50k of a PSP port. I could see it being 1k.

Xbox One is a catastrophic failure in Japan, but less than 1.000 units is still an extremely small amount for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

Initial shipments below four digits are rare, the list of titles is mostly comprised by re-releases, limited editions and some minor Western games. Evidently, big failing systems like Xbox or Xbox One will also have a decent amount of games with a very small amount of printed copies.

I've been doing a bit of research and I found some titles that meet the requirements.

Code:
[PS2] Homura [Taito Best] (Taito) {2006.11.30} - 39 / NEW <8,2%> [476 units shipped]
[PS2] The Sims & The Urbz: Sims in the City [EA Best Hits] (Electronic Arts) {2006.08.31} - 89 / NEW <15,8%> [565 units shipped]
[PS2] Ayakashibito: Genyo Ibun-roku [Best Selection] (Dimple Entertainment) {2007.09.20} - 154 / NEW <24,6%> [625 units shipped]
[PS2] Galaxy Angel II: Zettai Mugen no Ishizue Set (Broccoli) {2007.10.18} - 254 / NEW <35,1%> [723 units shipped] 
[PS2] Galaxy Angel Anime-ka Kinen Rune-Box (Broccoli) {2006.11.22} - 439 / NEW <58,5%> [750 units shipped] 
[XBX] Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (Sega) {2005.03.24} - 370 / NEW <44,4%> [833 units shipped]
[XBX] Metal Slug 5 (SNK Playmore) {2005.07.28} - 323 / NEW <37,5%> [861 units shipped]
[PS2] Sengoku Musou 2 - Super Premium Pack (Koei) {2007.08.23} - 792 / NEW <90,2%> [878 units shipped]

Wonder if we're going to see adjustments to those Digimon figures in next week's Famitsu, because Dengeki and Media Create seem in agreement that sales were significantly higher.

Pretty meh opening from Yakuza. Assassination Classroom's sales seem par for the course for Bamco licenced anime game really.

Nice Uta no Prince Sama sales though. Is there a Vita entry in this series coming this year or did I imagine that?

duckroll

How is Etrian Mystery Dungeon still sold out?
What is Atlus doing?

Not so easy to restock cart based games if you didn't manufacture enough for launch I think. Especially if you're a smaller publisher ordering in lower quantities. We've seen this happen before a lot with this sort of stuff. Disc based games don't have this problem.

Nice Uta no Prince Sama sales though. Is there a Vita entry in this series coming this year or did I imagine that?

A Vita version was announced a few days ago. No information on when it'll be coming out.

Probably not in time to capitalize on the third season of the anime airing next month though.

Spiegel

Not so easy to restock cart based games if you didn't manufacture enough for launch I think. Especially if you're a smaller publisher ordering in lower quantities. We've seen this happen before a lot with this sort of stuff. Disc based games don't have this problem.

I was going to say that Sony doesn't seem to have this problem looking at how fast Digimon was re-stocked, but now I see it's sold out on Yodobashi and Amazon again.

One of the few good things of the UMDs.

noobie

Banned
With good rise in pre orders for blood borne in last few days on comg I feel 200k first week in Japan is possible

Will be really interesting to see how the FFT0 game does on XBone and to compare against the PS4 version. I mean sure it's going to sell really bad on Xbox but I wonder if it causes much of an increase, if any, to the hardware. Or it will sell less than the usual 3k at best, first week XBone seems to do when released, though with it being multiplatform and more of a PS franchise. Heck, I wonder if FFXIV will even release on the format in Japan. By 2016, the XBone will be lucky to be even at 75k by then at the rate it's going, surely?

hiska-kun

Will be really interesting to see how the FFT0 game does on XBone and to compare against the PS4 version. I mean sure it's going to sell really bad on Xbox but I wonder if it causes much of an increase, if any, to the hardware. Or it will sell less than the usual 3k at best, first week XBone seems to do when released, though with it being multiplatform and more of a PS franchise. Heck, I wonder if FFXIV will even release on the format in Japan. By 2016, the XBone will be lucky to be even at 75k by then at the rate it's going, surely?

Pay attention to Dengeki, because you won't see the One's version in Famitsu and MC's charts.

L~A

Yeah, shortages for games on cartridges is bad news, as it generally takes a while to manufacture new ones. Spike-Chunsoft encountered the same problem with their AoT game in 2013.

They better hope players don't end up buying used.

klee123

Normally I don't post here, but I wonder:

The absolutely abysmal X1 sales has to be sending some warning flags to publishers like Square and Konami to the point that the Japanese sales of the X1 versions of future multiplatform games will be so low that they'd probably lose money overall.

I don't really see any incentive for Square or Konami to even bother with the X1 SKU's of their games in Japan at this point unless MS Japan is footing the bill or something.

Rymuth

The absolutely abysmal X1 sales has to be sending some warning flags to publishers like Square and Konami to the point that the Japanese sales of the X1 versions of future multiplatform games will be so low that they'd probably lose money overall.

I don't really see any incentive for Square or Konami to even bother with the X1 SKU's of their games in Japan at this point unless MS Japan is footing the bill or something.
Why do you think Arkham Knight is exclusive to the PS4 in Japan?

A Vita version was announced a few days ago. No information on when it'll be coming out.

Probably not in time to capitalize on the third season of the anime airing next month though.

I googled it after I typed that post and yeah, you're right, UnPS Music 3 was announced literally a few days ago.

I could've sworn Sony showed off something related to the series during their Otome section at TGS last year, but I guess not.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, shortages for games on cartridges is bad news, as it generally takes a while to manufacture new ones. Spike-Chunsoft encountered the same problem with their AoT game in 2013.

They better hope players don't end up buying used.

Most folks that cant get the physical just go digital anyways.

Its helping to become a cockblock against early used sales. Since folks can get digital if physical is sold out at the time, which the more hardcore fans would go and buy a physical copy once its available and start over.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
03./00. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥7.171) - 76.760 / NEW <91,41%>
___

21./02. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Atlus) {2015.03.05} (¥7.538)
22./00. [PSP] Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 # <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.03.12} (¥7.344)
23./15. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥6.156)
24./07. [PS4] Evolve <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.03.05} (¥8.316)
25./18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800)
26./00. [PS3] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Iki <ADV> (Kaga Create) {2015.03.12} (¥8.618)
27./17. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776)
28./19. [3DS] Doraemon: Nobita no Uchuu Eiyuuki <ADV> (FuRyu) {2015.03.05} (¥5.378)
29./13. [PS3] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.05} (¥7.690)
30./23. [3DS] Nanatsu no Taizai: The Seven Deadly Sins - Unjust Sin <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.11} (¥6.145)
31./22. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.07.10} (¥4.937)
32./05. [3DS] New The Prince of Tennis: Go to the Top <ADV> (FuRyu) {2015.03.05} (¥6.151)
33./26. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
34./31. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.12.11} (¥7.992)
35./21. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.05} (¥7.690)
36./29. [3DS] Kirby Triple Deluxe <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.01.11} (¥4.800)
37./37. [PS3] Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Edition <Yakuza \ Yakuza 2> [PlayStation 3 the Best] <ADV> (Sega) {2014.12.11} (¥1.944)
38./20. [PS4] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.19} (¥7.171)
39./27. [WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996)
40./44. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2014.06.26} (¥5.389)
41./25. [PS3] Samurai Warriors 4-II # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.02.11} (¥6.264)
42./30. [PS4] Dead or Alive 5: Last Round # <FTG> (Koei Tecmo) {2015.02.19} (¥7.344)
43./40. [3DS] Mario Party: Island Tour <ETC> (Nintendo) {2014.03.20} (¥4.800)
44./39. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko ga Ochitsukundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2014.11.20} (¥5.184)
45./50. [3DS] Gotouchi Tetsudou: Gotouchi Chara to Nihon Zenkoku no Tabi <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.11.27} (¥5.626)
46./32. [PS3] Far Cry 4 <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.01.29} (¥7.992)
47./49. [3DS] Tomodachi Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800)
48./38. [3DS] DoraMoji: Nobita no Kanji Daisakusen <EDU> (Shogakukan) {2015.02.26} (¥4.937)
49./28. [PS4] The Order: 1886 # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.02.20} (¥6.372)
50./42. [PSV] Persona 4: Golden [PlayStation Vita the Best] <RPG> (Atlus) {2015.02.05} (¥4.298)

Top 50

3DS - 20
PS3 - 9
PS4 - 8
PSV - 7
WIU - 4
PSP - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    809.000 |    518.000 |    693.000 |  7.481.000 |  9.352.000 |

Takao

Banned
Anyone got an explanation for why SW4-II rose on VIta? Musou envy?

I googled it after I typed that post and yeah, you're right, UnPS Music 3 was announced literally a few days ago.

I could've sworn Sony showed off something related to the series during their Otome section at TGS last year, but I guess not.

They did announce that Uta No Pri was coming to Vita at TGS, but it was a generic announcement rather than a specific game.

jimi_thing

Neo Member
Does anyone actually care about the success of the Xbox One in Japan?

I mean, I'm sure MIcrosoft would prefer it sell really well for some bizarre reason but I can't imagine they expected it to by any means.

BriBri

So a blockbuster software announcement in the next issue of Famitsu DS+Wii (unsure if I can even link to sites that post scans but it's easily searchable).

Dragon Quest XI
?

So a blockbuster software announcement in the next issue of Famitsu DS+Wii (unsure if I can even link to sites that post scans but it's easily searchable).

Dragon Quest XI
?

Famitsu DS+Wii announcing something big? That's a first.

Famitsu barely ever announce anything Nintendo-related as is.

Xenus

Dragon Quest XI
?

That's more than likely to have it's own event then a 3rd party announcement.

Wait, the PS4 version still isn't charting?! Oh boy, that's worse than I thought.

cause PS4 users are more focused on BloodBorne, Pro Baseball Spirts, One Piece Musou 3 and Disgaea 5

wise decision to publish the game the same day of above games, Marvelous

and plus, the very expensive price, which could be a factor also for Vita in my opinion (8,000yen for PS4 and 7,000yen for Vita FYI)

the funny thing is I took that picture from the XBO section, those flags are over a couple of big screens showing FF Type 0, maybe someone will notice the game is also available for XBO.....

They actually printed copies for XB1? Didn't they not even bother for games like FFXIII and MGR?

Arzehn

cause PS4 users are more focused on BloodBorne, Pro Baseball Spirts, One Piece Musou 3 and Disgaea 5

wise decision to publish the game the same day of above games, Marvelous

and plus, the very expensive price, which could be a factor also for Vita in my opinion (8,000yen for PS4 and 7,000yen for Vita FYI)

Disgaea 5 is going to bomb as well.

duckroll

Isn't the next issue at the end of the next month? Probably just a recap of Level-5 announcements coming in 2 weeks. Pro-tip: If a magazine announces they have a "mega scoop" or whatever in advance, it's usually fucking nothing by the time the magazine is released. Real big exclusives only show up when a magazine leaks early.

5pb must be really regretting that 3 game exclusive deal. IIRC Chaos;Child didn't even chart in the Top50.

BriBri

Isn't the next issue at the end of the next month? Probably just a recap of Level-5 announcements coming in 2 weeks. Pro-tip: If a magazine announces they have a "mega scoop" or whatever in advance, it's usually fucking nothing by the time the magazine is released. Real big exclusives only show up when a magazine leaks early.
I wasn't aware it is intended to be a mega scoop. A recap of the Level-5 event quite feasibly could relate to the major collaboration title
Dragon Quest XI
that they are working on.
Famitsu's website just gave me a seizure. Are they talking 3DS/Wii U? Cause DS/Wii would be really, really odd.
http://www.famitsu.com/dswii/

Thank you for the replies. The link given is forbidden on my end. Also the Famitsu website seems to use /wiiu and /3ds for me. Maybe it is a regional thing.

Top Bottom