• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2015 (Mar 09 - Mar 15)

I went to that shop to take a look, very expensive considering it's outside Greater Tokyo

they have the promotion "get 2 or more PS2 games and get 50% off"
but most of cheaper games were priced 980yen or more....

cause PS4 users are more focused on BloodBorne, Pro Baseball Spirts, One Piece Musou 3 and Disgaea 5

wise decision to publish the game the same day of above games, Marvelous

and plus, the very expensive price, which could be a factor also for Vita in my opinion (8,000yen for PS4 and 7,000yen for Vita FYI)

I suspect Bloodborne is going to kill a lot of PS4 titles coming out that week. Prey slaughtered!

ZhugeEX

Banned
I thought the first shipment was 50K. Sure it's close so there could be a limited resupply but I honestly wouldn't see shops ordering it for the numbers they are doing

First shipment was ~38k. Even if it hadn't reached that though there would have been a second shipment by now.

Oregano

I wasn't aware it is intended to be a mega scoop. A recap of the Level-5 event quite feasibly could relate to the major collaboration title
Dragon Quest XI
that they are working on.

http://www.famitsu.com/dswii/

When is the last time one of these scoops lived up to the hype, especially a Nintendo one?

I imagine it will be something obvious like Youkai Watch 3 being a 3DS game.

mao2

When is the last time one of these scoops lived up to the hype, especially a Nintendo one?

I imagine it will be something obvious like Youkai Watch 3 being a 3DS game.
I saw the scan, and it says that they received a super secret info regarding a big title which they may be able to reveal in next month's issue. They aren't claiming it's a scoop though, so it's probably something that'll be announced earlier.

hiska-kun

I saw the scan, and it says that they received a super secret info regarding a big title which they may be able to reveal in next month's issue. They aren't claiming it's a scoop though, so it's probably something that'll be announced earlier.

Then, could be Dragon Quest Monsters.

Oregano

Ahh in that case it might be NFC/Amiibo for one of the Youkai Watch games. Either that or something like hiska-kun said. If the new DQM is a 3DS game it would make sense to reveal info now that Heroes(and soon Theatrhythm) are out.

BriBri

Incidentally, am I correct in assuming Japanese clocks don't change next week and when is the start/finish of Japanese Springtime? Thanks!

Incidentally, am I correct in assuming don't Japanese clocks change next week and when is the start/finish of Japanese Springtime? Thanks!

Japan doesn't use summer time as western countries

for example, now there are +8 hours difference from Europe (Paris,Rome,Berlin) and there will be +7 from next sunday

so you will get sales data one hour later :D

Eolz

Speaking about that Famitsu announcement, is there anything about when we could expect Monster Hunter 5 to be teased/revealed/hinted?

Eolz

Maybe at the final Monster Hunter Festa '15 event on April 12.

Alright thanks! Didn't expect it could be that soon.

btw, DQMonster being on something else than 3ds would put the final nail in the already squeaky nintendo-dq coffin

There's a nintendo-dq coffin? Thought they were still good despite the DQ heroes (where it's arguably a better choice to be on PS platforms due to the fanbase).

woah! so many potential new info coming in April.
btw, DQMonster being on something else than 3ds would put the final nail in the already squeaky nintendo-dq coffin

Theatrhythm DQ is out next week, and 3DS already got 5 DQ games, all of them selling really well. What are you talking about? Also, a DQM already exists on mobile and that's the only other platform outside 3DS where the series makes sense to exist.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I thought the first shipment was 50K. Sure it's close so there could be a limited resupply but I honestly wouldn't see shops ordering it for the numbers they are doing

38k according to Media Create I think.

But you're really wrong about how shipments work. There probably would have been a second shipment sometime after the first week + for new bundles as well like MCC. Suggesting there is only 1.5k in channel is ludicrous.

I'd estimate at least more than 60k have been sold in by now if not more.

Thank you for the replies. The link given is forbidden on my end. Also the Famitsu website seems to use /wiiu and /3ds for me. Maybe it is a regional thing.

Just press refresh and it loads. Famitsu don't allow direct linking.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
14./00. [PSV] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Iki <ADV> (Kaga Create) {2015.03.12} (¥7.538) - 9.879 / NEW
26./00. [PS3] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Iki <ADV> (Kaga Create) {2015.03.12} (¥8.618)

I guess these numbers aren't too great. I wonder if anyone will localize Higurashi When They Cry soon. We need more VNs in the west!

[PSV] &#38275;&#20081; Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (Normal Edition) - 25pt
[PS4] &#38275;&#20081; Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - Niu input DX Pack PREMIUM - 20pt

Vita LE of the game left the chart yesterday with 19 points, so 64 points total.

Anyone remember what Senran Kagura 2 left the chart with? Very interested to see how this game performs... wondering if it'll be the end of the IP for a bit if it relatively underperforms again.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 12 2015

01./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom)
02./00. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
03./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./01. [PS3] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega)
05./00. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom)
06./00. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB)
07./00. [PS3] Battlefield: Hardline <ACT> (Electronic Arts)

08./03. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./02. [PS4] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega)
10./04. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
11./00. [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3: Deluxe Package <RPG> (Sega)
12./00. [3DS] PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: PriPara Detsuka Eruoshare Item 1450! <ACT> (Takara Tomy)

13./06. [WIU] Mario Party 10 <ETC> (Nintendo)
14./05. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Korosensei Daihouimou!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
15./10. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D <ADV> (Nintendo)
16./09. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
17./07. [WIU] Mario Party 10 (amiibo Set) <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./08. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
19./12. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
20./18. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Atlus)

Note: *Hardware Bundles not included

Xenus

38k according to Media Create I think.

But you're really wrong about how shipments work. There probably would have been a second shipment sometime after the first week + for new bundles as well like MCC. Suggesting there is only 1.5k in channel is ludicrous.

I'd estimate at least more than 60k have been sold in by now if not more.

Just press refresh and it loads. Famitsu don't allow direct linking.

Nah I know how channel allocation works. I just wouldn't buy anymore inventory for something that sell on average 400 units a week nationwide. So in my case it's not that Microsoft couldn't have more shipments I just question who is buying inventory of it at this point.

NIS going PS4/Vita or bust. Also releasing another PS4 game this year.

Nippon Ichi Software’s new titles will be solely for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, according to company president Sohei Shinkawa. Besides Disgaea 5, the company has another PlayStation 4 title due out later this year.

Speaking to 4Gamer.net, Niikawa said most of Nippon Ichi Software’s home console games have shifted over to PlayStation 4 (exclusive rather than multiplatform), with the only PlayStation 3 titles being those they are localizing.

“It’s precisely because nobody else is making that big jump that we think there’s value to be had in setting our sights square on PS4,” Niikawa explained. “As a result, we’ve received support from Sony and are now able to do things like put out commercials. In that respect from a promotional perspective, there are merits to going the route that we have here.”

For Niikawa and his company, though, the decision is also personal and a point of pride as a developer. “The thing is that if we were just constantly putting out games only for old hardware, we’d get outclassed pretty quickly from a technical perspective. We’re a small company, after all,” he conceded. “Going multiplatform in such a way that previous generation hardware is retained means tuning our output relative to the capabilities of that older hardware. That’s not how progress is made and more than anything, it’s just not interesting work for us. We need to be constantly challenged. There are a lot of companies taking a wait-and-see approach with this hardware transition, but if you look at it from the perspective of our customers, they’re not seeing a whole lot of games coming out, which is in turn making them wary to move onto new hardware. It’s our job as game developers to bring that energy to life and make that market a reality. Of course, saying it is one thing and doing is another, but when we made this decision to switch over, we did it because we’re really enthusiastic about helping make that shift happen ourselves.”

Best of luck NIS!

2thepoint

Maybe at the final Monster Hunter Festa '15 event on April 12.

Monster Hunter 5 will obviously be a PS4 title, right guys?

Right?

i6VEN5lRmfrfj.gif

2thepoint

Hey, if Sony forks over 400 million USD or so, I'm sure they could work it out.

Stranger things have happened, although Hell would probably freeze over first.

Capcom seem to be very cosy with Sony lately, giving them Street Fighter V permanent exclusivity, and the defining title of the generation, Deep Down.

AniHawk

Too bad the promotional support doesn't seem to help Disgaea 5...

disgaea 5 coming out during the second wind phase of the ps4 does seem like a mistake, but the release date is there to show that they really couldn't have pushed it back any further given they don't have anything else to make up for it in the fiscal year. a september release, after the ps4 had more japan-focused games in japan, might have been better for the game (so maybe it would open at 40k instead of 20k or lower). right now, it seems there's a distinct possibility that it may be more successful in western markets.

Given the state of the company, narrowing the business might be a good strategy. Problem is, NI doesn't have much IP to rely on, and it seems Disgaea is losing steam (the latest entries didn't do so hot).

Oregano

Stranger things have happened, although Hell would probably freeze over first.

Capcom seem to be very cosy with Sony lately, giving them Street Fighter V permanent exclusivity, and the defining title of the generation, Deep Down.

Is Deep Down the defining titles of the generation because it keeps getting delayed?

ho, of course.
Like Dragon Quest XI. And Bayonetta 3. And Half-Life 3.

Every game from now on will be on PS4, because it is the only platform that makes sense.
Obviously.

lol oh boy. DQXI that makes sense to me. That's if they want to give the franchise another push in the west. Especially when you consider how SQ are positioning the PS4 as their go to console this gen. All the talk of people wanting everything on PS4 reminds me of the exact same rhetoric that was being spewed in favour of 3DS in these very threads 1 year or so ago. I guess it made more sense because 3DS was killing the competition, but still. Lets all be friends. Nothing wrong with hoping unannounced games are on your platform of choice!

OT: I'm hoping Digimon s doing well. Haven't really followed the thread but I was hoping for higher initial sales? I'm about 11 hours into the game and I'm delighted with how good it is. Persona + Pokemon w/ Danganronpa Music and a Digimon Story skin. Aw yisss. Really hope it does well for Bandai Namco.

Nice to see Sony helping. The producer's (?) expectations where too high unless he accounted for WW sales. I think Disgaea 3 would be the best case scenario in terms of Japanese sales.

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 12 2015

01./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom)
02./00. [PS4] Battlefield: Hardline <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
03./00. [PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD <RPG> (Square Enix)
04./01. [PS3] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega)
05./00. [PS4] Resident Evil: Revelations 2 <ADV> (Capcom)
06./00. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Mojang AB)
07./00. [PS3] Battlefield: Hardline <ACT> (Electronic Arts)

08./03. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./02. [PS4] Yakuza 0 <ADV> (Sega)
10./04. [PS3] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
11./00. [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3: Deluxe Package <RPG> (Sega)
12./00. [3DS] PriPara & Pretty Rhythm: PriPara Detsuka Eruoshare Item 1450! <ACT> (Takara Tomy)

13./06. [WIU] Mario Party 10 <ETC> (Nintendo)
14./05. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Korosensei Daihouimou!! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
15./10. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D <ADV> (Nintendo)
16./09. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes: The Darkness Dragon and the Castle of the World Tree <RPG> (Square Enix)
17./07. [WIU] Mario Party 10 (amiibo Set) <ETC> (Nintendo)
18./08. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games)
19./12. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5)
20./18. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon <RPG> (Atlus)

Note: *Hardware Bundles not included

chances fo FF Type 0 HD dong 100k+ (incl.bundle)?

[PSV] &#38275;&#20081; Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (Normal Edition) - 25pt
[PS4] &#38275;&#20081; Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - Niu input DX Pack PREMIUM - 20pt

Vita LE of the game left the chart yesterday with 19 points, so 64 points total.

Anyone remember what Senran Kagura 2 left the chart with? Very interested to see how this game performs... wondering if it'll be the end of the IP for a bit if it relatively underperforms again.

Senran Kagura @ comgnet

7 days before release :

[3DS] Senran Kagura: Burst - 41pt
[PSV] Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - 91pt
[3DS] Senran Kagura 2. Crimson Red - 46pt
[PSV] Senran Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - 44pt

source : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123617264&postcount=327

64 is good

They are probably expecting western sales to make up for loses on home market.

Definitely. I do wonder how many sales they get form the West. Its never been disclosed iirc.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Alright thanks! Didn't expect it could be that soon.

There's a nintendo-dq coffin? Thought they were still good despite the DQ heroes (where it's arguably a better choice to be on PS platforms due to the fanbase).

Theatrhythm DQ is out next week, and 3DS already got 5 DQ games, all of them selling really well. What are you talking about? Also, a DQM already exists on mobile and that's the only other platform outside 3DS where the series makes sense to exist.

the smell of a new DQ platform shift is way stronger than before. Not only DQH signed a first after years, but there are also Hori's sentences about the big screen and the fact that they are entertaining the crowd waiting for DQXI with DQH. Seeing the already announced DQM game landing elsewhere but 3DS would not be a good sign toward further DQ support on 3DS in my opinion.
I could be wrong, we'll see, but also the localization issues for 3DS games in the West don't play a good role in the Nintendo-SE relationship over this franchise imho.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol oh boy. DQXI that makes sense to me. That's if they want to give the franchise another push in the west. Especially when you consider how SQ are positioning the PS4 as their go to console this gen. All the talk of people wanting everything on PS4 reminds me of the exact same rhetoric that was being spewed in favour of 3DS in these very threads 1 year or so ago. I guess it made more sense because 3DS was killing the competition, but still. Lets all be friends. Nothing wrong with hoping unannounced games are on your platform of choice!

OT: I'm hoping Digimon s doing well. Haven't really followed the thread but I was hoping for higher initial sales? I'm about 11 hours into the game and I'm delighted with how good it is. Persona + Pokemon w/ Danganronpa Music and a Digimon Story skin. Aw yisss. Really hope it does well for Bandai Namco.

I hear this argument often - but which data suggests that a PS4 DQ would vastly outsell a 3DS DQ title ? Or even a WiiU RPG published/promoted by Nintendo ? I think with DQ 11 the goal was to create a "high end", "console spec" title from the beginning, since there were a bunch of vocal fans hoping for another DQ8 type for RPG for console and its Anniversary title so Horii and co. wanna go all out as long as they still can.

If its hitting only the PS4 its because of the weak competition and the system being the defacto console to own. I expect the 3DS to get another mayor DQ title in addition to the next Monsters title...something like a Remake/Re-imagining of the first DQ trilogy.

I'd like to see some more concrete evidences on this. PS4 has yet to prove to be a jRPG machine in the West. Also, DQ on the most successful platform in the West for jRPGs barely sold a million, and it sold also a million on DS, which was also popular among jRPG fans.

Top Bottom