• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2012 (Mar 19 - Mar 25)

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Oh look a Vita game! :)

I imagine that puts Kid Icarus in the 30-70k range for this week. Just how good do those baseball titles usually sell?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
When you see Monster Hunter, Mario Land and Mario Kart in the top 10, you know 3DS moved some units.

frostbyte

Oh look a Vita game! :)

I imagine that puts Kid Icarus in the 30-70k range for this week. Just how good do those baseball titles usually sell?

Well according to Garaph:

[PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 - 175,066
[PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 - 219,966
[3DS] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 - 15,268

I guess ok, considering the PSP one had a ~75k debut

BKK

Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2011 (Apr 04 - Apr 10)

02./00. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 93,646 / NEW
03./00. [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 74,888 / NEW
09./00. [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 12,071 / NEW

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pokemon Conquest is selling better than i would have expected - with Pokemon Nintendo just cant loose their handheld dominance.

Also springs to mind how 3DS has presently at least three different bundles that may be giving some boost: SMl3D, MH3G, Kingdom hearts 3D.

3DS may have reached its peak for Q1 this week, but it may have run of fuel for a while, since AFAIK there aren't many other big releases aside from Animal crossing in Q1/Q2, let alone Q3/Q4.

Erethian

Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2011 (Apr 04 - Apr 10)

02./00. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 93,646 / NEW
03./00. [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 74,888 / NEW
09./00. [3DS] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2011 (Konami) - 12,071 / NEW

Retailer reports had the PS3 version with a better debut than last time, and the PSP version with a lower debut.

I assume it's having legs more like Pokemon than Nobunaga's Ambition? It'd be delightful if this in turn helped to boost the appeal of that series.
It outsold the LTD of every other game in the Nobunaga's Ambition series in its first week alone.

It appears to be growing typical high-profile Pokéspinoff legs.

saichi

Also springs to mind how 3DS has presently at least three different bundles that may be giving some boost: SMl3D, MH3G, Kingdom hearts 3D.

3DS may have reached its peak for Q1 this week, but it may have run of fuel for a while, since AFAIK there aren't many other big releases aside from Animal crossing in Q1/Q2, let alone Q3/Q4.

I don't even think AC will make it out before Fall now. After Golden Week, it's gonna be slow season any way. As long as there are some decent game (100K+) coming in a consistent flow, 3DS doesn't need any blockbuster games. Besides, Oni Training is coming in the summer and has a chance to turn into a hit.

Erethian

Does Mario Tennis traditionally do well in Japan?

Mario Tennis 64 - 969,888
Mario Tennis - 377,172
Mario Tennis: Power Tour - 135,815
New Play Control! Mario Tennis GC - 236,715

Could do anything, really. Pretty surprised at the New Play Control sales for Mario Tennis GC.

king zell

yeah but there are a couple of potentially good seller that well keep up the momentum:

04/14 Inazuma Eleven Go Chrono Stone
04/19 Fire Emblem: Kakusei
04/26 Shin Sangoku Musou VS
05/24 Mario Tennis Open
05/31 Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D

NeonZ

I assume it's having legs more like Pokemon than Nobunaga's Ambition? It'd be delightful if this in turn helped to boost the appeal of that series.

I don't think it'll have much effect. It really doesn't seem like Koei cares to "expand" the reach of their Nobunaga's Ambition series - the idea for this crossover didn't even come from them (they originally proposed wanted a Musou game, IIRC, and the Nobunaga idea came from Nintendo's side) and seem to prefer to appeal to the usual fanbase of that series.

Just look at how, besides being a Pokemon crossover, this is the first game in the Nobunaga series that used the Samurai Warriors versions of the characters, rather than Nobunaga's usual more down to earth takes on the cast. If they were worried about expanding Nobunga, you'd think they'd have attempted cross promotion with Samurai Warriors before, considering how that's their best selling Warring States era series.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
yeah but there are a couple of potentially good seller that well keep up the momentum:

05/24 Mario Tennis Open

...Inazuma Eleven out next saturday? I think you're a bit confused XD

Leave the Vita version be, but as a 3DS only owner I'd certainly like to see 3DS get a port. Hate to say it, but I'm guessing it can't handle the game.

I highly doubt it can't handle it. I think it has more to do with Capcom trying to gouge which fighting game to pursue on which console. SSF4 did reasonably well, but I think they are aware that they need to do more than just what they did with that game.

05/24 Mario Tennis Open

Yeah, I forgot about Fire emblem and Dragon quest monsters, still Q3/Q4 are yet to be entirely revealed presumably at E3.

Bruno MB

05/24 Mario Tennis Open

It looks like a great combo for June and July since they will probably have good legs. I expect Mario Tennis Open to sell over 500k units and Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D to be the fourth million selling title on the 3DS.

Unfortunately nothing suggests Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance has had an impressive debut, I wish I'm wrong. An opening below 300k units would be very disappointing.

I think it's safe to assume there will be a few big games in Q3/Q4 for the 3DS.

Yeah, of course they're bound to throw out some good quality new stuff, but we don't have a clue about which games, although we may assume a 2D Mario is to release in November/December along with a budget edition of MH3G.

Top Bottom