• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2014 (Mar 17 - Mar 23)

Bruno MB

The surprising good result of the week goes to J-Stars Victory Vs, it did over 200.000 units combined. Almost sales parity between both versions.

By Famitsu numbers, this week Yo-kai Watch was extremely close to beating its first week debut numbers. Now we can say that the million mark is practically a lock, it will probably outsell the first Professor Layton title to become the best selling Level 5 new IP.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Nice to see everything on a rise. Though, regarding PS4, wasn't there a new MGS bundle? It seems it and the tax-bump (that even benefits Wii U somehow) barely outweighed the drop from time's distance from launch.

TheChaos0

Miku is coming out tomorrow,should keep Vita's momentum going. Natural Doctrine is next the week after and I feel Vita version will outsell the PS4 one.

Metal Gear V is, well enjoy your free money Konami but there aren't that many fools that feel the need to purchase this before the real game.
well 200k of them... :D
I hope they didn't have any expectations here.

Ricky 7

Those J Stars sales look good to me.
Also it's awesome how the 3DS managed to successfully defend it's top place despite the large number of PSV games that came out this week. I thought for sure the Vita would have outsold it this week. 3DS is a beast.

Miku is coming out tomorrow,should keep Vita's momentum going. Natural Doctrine is next the week after and I feel Vita version will outsell the PS4 one.

Metal Gear V is, well enjoy your free money Konami but there aren't that many fools that feel the need to purchase this before the real game. I hope they didn't have any expectations here.

Freedom Wars in Summer..

Whats the next Japanese heavy hitter after that. I feel like it hasnt been announced yet.

wrowa

For a moment I was shocked Ground Zeroes would be selling so well on 360. In any case, Ground Zeroes' performance on PS4 relative to its performance on PS3 is definitely encouraging for the console's future.

Whether or not 30k hardware sales are good is another question. I'm undecided on that one. On the one hand, it managed to hold last week's numbers - on the other hand it also didn't rise despite Ground Zeroes being the biggest PS4 game for the foreseeable future.

And unrelated to everything else: Yokai Watch is insane. It's about time to start a Yokai Watch Prediction league: How high will it go?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well of course Vita is up compared to the past, I mean you can't get any worse than zero, can you? The only way to go is up!

Just joking around, SmokeyDave :p

Hahahaha.

Really though, wonderful stuff for Vita to be hanging around in a stable position from week to week. Keep it up, wonder boy!

Paskil

That reveal was the joke :(

Oh well, I'm sulking because Media Create cockblocked my '1st place' gag anyway.

Yeah, that is a bummer. I was prepared to see a bunch of posts full of salt at Vita topping 3DS, after seeing the leaks in last weeks thread. Then MC came with the 3DS/LL amount higher. :(

L Thammy

Combining PS3 and PSV, J-Stars' opening is very similar to Superstars and Ultimate Stars.

Code:
Jump! Ultimate Stars	169,740
Jump! Super Stars	202,139
J-Stars Victory Vs	209,644 = 118,737 + 90,907

SmokyDave

Yeah, that is a bummer. I was prepared to see a bunch of posts full of salt at Vita topping 3DS, after seeing the leaks in last weeks thread. Then MC came with the 3DS/LL amount higher. :(
It's alright, man. They won't be able to cover up the truth forever. The people demand answers.

Bundy

Banned
jpfUOWtu5Bqjp.png

03./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes <ADV> (Konami) {2014.03.20} (¥2.980) - 119.615 / NEW
01./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes <ADV> (Konami) {2014.03.20} (¥2.980) - 151.300 / NEW <60-80%>

Are download cards sold for PS3 version ?

So what's the reason why Famitsu's has quite a few numbers much higher than MC? Did that many people really buy digitally for both Samurai Warriors 4 and MGSV:GZ?

Bishop89

So many new games and so many playstation games...

I feel like i should screenshot that chart as I fear I will never see a sight like that again!

Darius

Banned
08./02. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 44.659 / 614.379 (+20%)

That´s really a great achievement, especially after last years debut.

Obviously we still get a lot of salty posts, but for the opposite reason.

Yawnier

Banned
Looks like Samurai Warriors 4's first week numbers are below that of SW1, SW2, SW3Z, but are above the Wii version of SW3. That's about par for the course for the entire Warriors series right now (declining sales since the PS2 era).

#Champion
#20V1T4

I just hope any of these high charting Vita games get released on the West too, since the Asian English stocks are dependent on a games sales on the West.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Vita Rise to Heaven. Project Diva f 2 will only continue this meteoric ascension. I laugh at those who cannot comprehend such a glorious occasion.

#Vitameanslife
#20V1T4

Top Bottom