• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2015 (Mar 16 - Mar 22)

L~A

And there were shortages too, so yeah... Not that "bad" a performance, at least for a PS4 game.

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 45,446
Vita 26,324
New3DS LL 18,823
New3DS 7,290
Wii U 6,698
PS3 6,652
3DS 2,883
3DS LL 2,233
Vita TV 708
Xbox One 250

Bloodborne 152k indeed.

It still doesn't make 150k what I would call incredible.

Selling to +10% of your base is very good imo. INCREDIBLE even.

Its the 2nd highest selling game on the system over there. The other being a Dragon Quest ARPG / Mosou title.

The Souls games were never system sellers in Japan, or really made much of a splash compared to what it does over here. So its a very solid number for an exclusive at this early stage.

Bruno MB

Worst case scenario was even too optimistic for Disgaea 5, that's a colossal bomba.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is barely over 150.000 units between all SKU's.

All in all, this was a very mediocre week for everything not named Bloodborne and Sword Art Online Lost Song .

Eolz

That's pretty good for Bloodborne!
Expected a bit less. 3DS seems to continue its drop...

edit: holy shit at disgaea 5!

jmaine_ph

Media Create:

PS4 45,446
Vita 26,324
New3DS LL 18,823
New3DS 7,290
Wii U 6,698
PS3 6,652
3DS 2,883
3DS LL 2,233
Vita TV 708
Xbox One 250

Bloodborne 152k indeed.

Good Numbers for Bloodborne. PS4 and Vita held up to what they did last week pretty much.

hiska-kun

Worst case scenario was even too optimistic for Disgaea 5, that's a colossal bomba.

One Piece 3 is barely over 150.000 units between all SKU's.

All in all, this was a very mediocre week for everything not named Bloodborne.

One Piece is ~200k

(At least in MC)

Selling to +10% of your base is very good imo. INCREDIBLE even.

Its the 2nd highest selling game on the system over there. The other being a Dragon Quest ARPG / Mosou title.

The Souls games were never system sellers in Japan, or really made much of a splash compared to what it does over here. So its a very solid number for an exclusive at this early stage.

Nearly 40% drop compared to the previous game isn't what I would call incredible at all.
I wouldn't say these are bad numbers. It's not. These are good numbers at best, but incredible ?
The Souls games may not have been system sellers, but still sold well on first week starting from Dark Souls.

duckroll

No new thread? Bloodborne sold about what I expected. SAO is quite a surprise here because the Vita version sold the same as the previous entries on PSP and Vita FW, but the PS3 version gave it a 55k boost. Definitely a good business decision.

Oh NIS, this could be your End...this titel will never sell well in the West.

Considering how Sony is helping them financially, that they have PS4/v titles in development and one for this year, I don't think so.

We also had a comment that Disgaea gets half its sales from the West.

Nevertheless 23k opening is bad.

Rixa

Is there bad word of mouth or why did D5 bomba? Or is the game just bad (compared to other Disgaeas)?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Can't wait for the new thread
just to see almost every game bolded

duckroll

Considering how Sony is helping them financially, that they have PS4/v titles in development and one for this year, I don't think so.

Sony provided a lot of assistance to Imageepoch as a small developer too. They also had PS4/Vita titles in development. Keyword: had. Didn't save them. It'll be foolish to think that Sony providing marketing and development support for small companies means that they won't go under.

Kyoufu

Is there bad word of mouth or why did D5 bomba? Or is the game just bad (compared to other Disgaeas)?

It has good Amazon reviews :p

But I think it's a case of the fanbase not owning PS4s as well as releasing on the same day as 9 other games.

We detected this bomb a long time ago.

Nearly 40% drop compared to the previous game isn't what I would call incredible at all.
I wouldn't say these are bad numbers. It's not. These are good numbers at best, but incredible ?
The Souls games may not have been system sellers, but still sold well on first week starting from Dark Souls.

Why are you completely ignoring the current install base of the PS4? Its 1.3 million. The 40% drop is expected at this point. Trying to find where the PS3 was in Japan in 2011 but not finding it anywhere. I see 3 million+ in 2009. So guess you could add a few mill on from that.

So, like 6 million PS3's vs, 1.3 million PS4's?

279k vs. 152k

thats not a bad drop at all

Atram

We also had a comment that Disgaea gets half its sales from the West.

Nevertheless 23k opening is bad.

We can say for sure that they will Fall...

Atram

Why are you completely ignoring the current install base of the PS4? Its 1.3 million. The 40% drop is expected at this point. Trying to find where the PS3 was in Japan in 2011 but not finding it anywhere. I see 3 million+ in 2009. So guess you could add a few mill on from that.

So, like 6 million PS3's vs, 1.3 million PS4's?

275k vs. 152k

thats not a bad drop at all

this math didn´t work like that...

Take a look at the hardware sales too, and you will begin to understand why most of us consider this good.

http://gamebiz.jp/?p=142125

Meanwhile NIS financial report says their revenue increased.
Thanks to the Western market.
Danganronpa is saving them, I see.

PSV 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 44,548

PS4 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 30,247

PS4 SKU did much better than I thought.

What is Senran Kagura at on M.Create? (Can't get on that site at work).

Famitsu has it at 75,346... seems pretty much bang-on what was said on twitter (100k - of which 10k is digital, and 80% sellthrough of 90k = 72k).

Down from Shinovi Versus, but still.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Disgaea 4's Vita port had a higher FW than D5 ...
That's what you get from being stubborn.
PSV 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 44,548

PS4 閃乱 Kagura ESTIVAL VERSUS - girls of selection - (including Limited Edition) Marvelous 15/03/26 30,247

PS4 SKU did much better than I thought.
It's the first time you can play with the big boobs on a big screen in HD... So I expected some people would be very excited about it.

Top Bottom