• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2013 (Mar 25 - Mar 31)

Making a game like Game & Wario and deciding it's going to be the flagship title for Spring just points to how much trouble Nintendo is in.

Nintendo still has not announced a game for Golden Week.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So is it to be expected that Oboromuramasa Vita will outsell Oboromuramasa Wii?

I'm surprised too... good for them I guess though... maybe they'll be compelled to put Grand Knights History on Vita too (lol).

And we'll finally get a localized Grand Knights History, right? :p

This is kinda surprising even for a port, and it actually beat out the first week sales on the Wii 2x. If Vita is good to Vanillaware, I expect Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire, and Grand Knights History ports on the Vita.

Luigi had a better first week hold than the past 3 3D Marios.

It's going to blitz 750k without a second thought. If it goes the route of 3D Land, we have ourselves a million seller.

Nekki

01./00. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.03.20} (¥4.800) - 280.151 / NEW <84,79%>

If this is to be believed, then shipment was at around 330k. It's outsold it's first shipment.

Disclaimer: this evidence was gathered using my weak grasp on mathematics and is in no way reflective of reality until confirmed via an official report or somebody more versed than I.

It's an amazing hold for the title, and seeing how it had been low on stock throughout the week, I see a good future for this game!!

I expected Vita and Wii U to be where they are this week, so no surprises there.

Wii releases:

Oboro Muramasa: The Demon Blade [Marvelous] (¥7140) 45,825
Oboro Muramasa: The Demon Blade (BEST/Minna no Susume Selection) [Marvelous] (¥2800) 29,823

YuChai

For those owned a copy of the dq x cn use discounted price to get wii u version. I guess these copied didn't count in the chart

MarkusRJR

Vita slowly lowers, Wii U gets a bump. Either way they'll both go down to near 10k eventually.

Damn @ Animal Crossing still going strong.

lol @ Muramasa selling better than Dragon Quest X

Luigi's Mansion seems to be doing good. Nice.

Game & Bomba.
Why the Wii U rise?
Edit oops nvm dqx release week
Dragon Quest X in HD plus Game & Bomba I suppose.

friz898

I just can't believe how bad DQ X opened up. Ya, I know Japan isn't as big on MMOs, and I know it's already been out for Wii, but man... I just don't think this is helping it's chances of coming over here either. Along with Aeana repeatedly stating that it is currently not setup to be f2p friendly at all, that doesn't bode well for Western success.

Yay Vita! Keep doing well. Although I wish we had a weekly chart for American sales other than the NPD. Would really love to know how Vita is doing here on a more exact and often updated basis.

EhoaVash

lol people DQX is a MMO ( with yes, a monthly subscription service ) + it was released already for wii in japan last year and sold only a little over 500K with wii's install base over 12 million people in japan ..you guys expected wii u version to do well? blasphemy

goes to show how much japan loves MMOs >.>

Muramasa did really well, and I'm glad to see Luigi's Mansion hang on as well.

lol WiiU. lol DQX. lol Game and Wario (should have been WarioWare :\)

Happy to see Muramasa doing well. Can't say much for Game and Wario.

Edit: Muramasa doing better than a Dragon Quest game? What's up with that? Makes me happy for Muramasa at least. Game deserved a lot more attention than it got on the Wii years ago.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
05./00. [PSV] Muramasa: The Demon Blade <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.03.28} (¥4.980) - 45.660 / NEW
06./00. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.03.30} (¥6.980) - 33.302 / NEW
10./00. [WIU] Game & Wario <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.03.28} (¥4.935) - 22.491 / NEW
As directed at Square Enix:

olivia-gif-5m8fcx.gif

LeleSocho

Banned
Wii U better but still laughing matter if you ask me
If Vita doesn't drop next week i will not consider these weeks a fluke and think that it might remain on these numbers for a while
3ds continue its healthy sales

...Animal Crossing is a monster.

friz898

I gave muramasa a hard look, but it appears to get very repetitive very fast, so I passed on it.

I'm ready for Dragon's Crown though. I guess Japan doesnt think it'll get repetitive.

DGRE

Banned
According to Garaph, the Wii version sold 75,648 in total, including the budget reprint. With the Vita version, it is possible that the Vita version outsold the LTD of the Wii version (not including the budget reprint) counting digital sales.

Didnt you say last week that you were sticking with your prediction of sub-10k within mid of April? :)

So you think Muramasa sold 50-70% digital of retail?

Okay.

serplux

A reminder: DQX sold within expectations if Famitsu is to believed, selling within 60-80% of its shipment.

Game and Wario is a bomb, though.

AOC83

Banned
lol people DQX is a MMO + it was released already for wii in japan last year and sold only a little over 500K with wii's install base over 12 million people in japan ..you guys expected wii u version to do well? blasphemy

Lot´s of people on GAF considered it a Killer App that would secure the WiiUs triumph in Japan alongside Monster Hunter and NSMBU.
I still chuckle sometimes when i remember the WiiU pre launch time last year.

test_account

XP-39C²
Nope, said that I was revising that to the end of April. I underestimated the March software bumps, so it'll take a bit longer to decline to that level.
Yeah, my mistake, sorry. You first said that you werent changing your prediction (which was sub-10k within mid April), but i see now that you later on said you revised it.

People need to stop with DQ X dissing - it sold more or less as expected for what it was (MMO hd remake on BC console).

Game & Bomba is much diffrent story - seems minigame collections are dead than's to smartphones and tablets.

duckroll

Shitty Imageepoch PSP sequel which was delayed for ages > Super niche Vita port of an ancient Wii game > Latest DQ game on WiiU > Brand new Wario game on WiiU

Power of portables.

(Btw feel free to quote stuff from the previous thread to continue a discussion if anyone wants to!)

But I was told the Vita's sales would drop soon with no software to sell it.....

It did have new software to sell it this week but it still dropped. It may level out but there is no sign of that happening at the moment.

lol people DQX is a MMO ( not a free to play at that ) + it was released already for wii in japan last year and sold only a little over 500K with wii's install base over 12 million people in japan ..you guys expected wii u version to do well? blasphemy

I wasn't expecting huge numbers but 30K? That's horrible.

A reminder: DQX sold within expectations if Famitsu is to believed, selling within 60-80% of its shipment.

Does that mean it didn't bomb or does it just mean that SE/retailers realised it was going to sell poorly and shipped accordingly?

liger05

What has the 3DS got for Golden Week?

The Wii U has nothing for Golden Week at all? What the fuck is going on @ Nintendo HQ?

Kid Ying

For those owned a copy of the dq x cn use discounted price to get wii u version. I guess these copied didn't count in the chart
I don't think those sales are that big to begin with. I don't have any proof of it, i just don't think we have magical number of people that downloaded. Most people probably are satisfied with just one version, who knows.

DQX will keep selling for a while, just like his wii counterpart, that till last week was in the top 50. It's game and wario that is a troubling position.

maltrain

Another good week for PS Vita, as I predicted.

April, however, won't be so good with a few games on the list and only the "Best Collection" for launch.

I would be very happy with 100.000 units on april... but maybe it will be around 80.000 expecting for a new bump in next months.

Top Bottom