• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 13, 2013 (Mar 25 - Mar 31)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
3DS still king, slight bump for Wii U and Vita holding #2 spot still. Good stuff.

Also, I'm so happy Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is doing well, game is awesome.

Kenka

Muramasa ! Dat PSV life giving power.

I can't believe the PSV has succeeded in helping slash the 3DS sales by half YoY.

Scum

Where's my Nintendo Direct announcing the release dates for Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta: Climax Edition, Iwata? :<

Nibel

DQX is a MMO, it doesn't matter if it has the DQ name attached to it - people want dat DQ8 experience again

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does this mean DQ will be portable exclusive from now on? :p

For people wondering about vita

04/18 Japan Slotter Mania V: Zettai Shouji II
04/25 Japan Kajiri Kamui Kagura: Akebono no Hikari
Meikyuu Cross Blood: Infinity
NextRev: Dainishu Denki Koujishi Shiken
NextRev: Daisanshu Denki Shunin Gijutsusha Shiken
NextRev: Eiken
PhotoKano Kiss
Sangoku Koisenki: Otome no Heihou!
Shin Sangoku Musou Next (PS Vita the Best)
TOEIC Test: Jissen Tokkun 2

April's entire lineup

Then there is not a single game for over a month. This is not the way to sustain a platform although it could be worse *looks at wiiu*

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
DQX is a MMO, it doesn't matter if it has the DQ name attached to it - people want dat DQ8 experience again
Like I've been begging for months - DQ8 Vita. All the moneyhatting the world, Sony. I'll chip in.

Wait... I've been begging for a year now. Time to re-evaluate my life.

Guymelef

Please understand.
226522-DQXReleaseDate-Header.jpg

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
DQX is bad, but in no way is it as horrid as Game & Wario. Wow.

Vita continuing to do well.

Soriku

I want to shed a tear.

this is dragon quest.

god damn dragon quest in HD!

wtf Square and Ninty?

I'd use the term HD lightly here.

It's still just a port of the Wii game with nothing seemingly added besides a graphical upgrade. Everyone already played it on the Wii. Anyone expecting big numbers was crazy.

YuChai

I don't think those sales are that big to begin with. I don't have any proof of it, i just don't think we have magical number of people that downloaded. Most people probably are satisfied with just one version, who knows.

DQX will keep selling for a while, just like his wii counterpart, that till last week was in the top 50. It's game and wario that is a troubling position.
Last night when I checked miiverse, there around 7xxx users in the group. Really not that high IMO. For game and wario, I saw two people sell their copy after a few play. It's really boring and won't sell

Frillen

Actually the DQX performance isn't that bad. I would expect that most Wii U owners also own a Wii. So the DQ fans, or anyone even remotely interested, already bought the Wii version.

schuelma

I think it is fair for people to expect more from DQX, but let's not go too crazy- hell it was given a release date 6 weeks ago! I'd be curious what the promotion was like in Japan.

kswiston

I thought the WarioWare games were popular in Japan. Even with Wii U's crappy install base, I would have expected a higher debut for Game and Wario

duckroll

I thought the WarioWare games were popular in Japan. Even with Wii U's crappy install base, I would have expected a higher debut for Game and Wario

Maybe they're in no rush to buy it at release? If people want the game but don't really want to pay much for it, they could just wait for it to crater and pick it up for cheap a month or two later.

05./00. [PSV] Muramasa: The Demon Blade <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) {2013.03.28} (¥4.980) - 45.660 / NEW
06./00. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.03.30} (¥6.980) - 33.302 / NEW

I didn't expect this!

Nice to see KH1.5 reaching out for 200k and lol @Game&Wario.

Novid

Banned
I have to give sony props. vita isn't that system but to get it to a save number leading up to golden week takes skill. that and that hometown, life, and skywalker ranch helps matters.

This wasn't a Wario Ware game. The distinctive microgames were stripped out and replaced by 16 Nintendoland-style minigames.

It's a bomb, but a deserved one. Nintendo's going to have to do better than that.

test_account

XP-39C²
Actually the DQX performance isn't that bad. I would expect that most Wii U owners also own a Wii. So the DQ fans, or anyone even remotely interested, already bought the Wii version.
I think that is the problem. So far it seems to be little intesive to move to the WiiU version. But i wont say too much about it without knowing the digital sales, and also waiting at least a few weeks.

Novid

Banned
I think it is fair for people to expect more from DQX, but let's not go too crazy- hell it was given a release date 6 weeks ago! I'd be curious what the promotion was like in Japan.

at least sell 150,000? not this...where you lose to another remade wii game!

Kid Ying

Last night when I checked miiverse, there around 7xxx users in the group. Really not that high IMO. For game and wario, I saw two people sell their copy after a few play. It's really boring and won't sell
I don't know about GeW being boring, but i remember that the miiverse for Dragon Quest was 6xxx before releasing, so maybe the release still didn't affected the community. Still, i don't think the digital sales are that big to make a difference.

at least sell 150,000? not this...where you lose to another remade wii game!
Again, it sold from 60% to 80% of it's initial shipment. They didn't even ship much more than 50k copies. Let alone 150k.

I wouldn't be surprised. Personally, everything about Game & Wario, from the concept to the marketing of the game, made me think "why is this even a thing?"

Game & Wario is the perfect example of a game no one asked for, IMO.

schuelma

Alright, this was just the appetizer from Nintendo. Wario?!? pfff. DQX port? old news.

Let's take a look at what the geniuses in Kyoto have lined up for lucky Wii U owners in Japan the next 2-3 months shall we?

Pokemon Rumble on April 24th

RE:Revelations on May 23rd!!

Then in June the big guns hit

Injustice and Rabbidsland June 6th.

F1 All Star Racing June 27th.

And that's it folks!

Courtesy of garaph:

Where will Game and Wario end up?
For people wondering about vita

April's entire lineup

Then there is not a single game for over a month. This is not the way to sustain a platform although it could be worse *looks at wiiu*
The FF ports aren't dated yet are they? Sony should try and get FFXHD Vita in May and then FFX-2 in June... since apparently old ports can sell reasonably on it. Also is there an expected date for God Eater 2?

zroid

Banned
This wasn't a Wario Ware game. The distinctive microgames were stripped out and replaced by 16 Nintendoland-style minigames.

It's a bomb, but a deserved one. Nintendo's going to have to do better than that.

It actually looks pretty well-made, but coming so soon off the heels of Nintendo Land just wasn't a good idea at all.

I'm still going to buy it. :{

Regarding Vita, the main test starts now. No releases until Mid May, we'll need to see where the baseline ends up being. Should reach its new baseline in about 2 weeks I guess.

Nice bump Wii U! Vita still vita, 3DS doing good, Luigi's Mansion still first, Animal Crossing on the rise.

Overal good week.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the WiiU bump is not good at all. For comparison, PSV got a bump to 34K when Persona 4 port was released and 50K when Miku was released. There was 2 big releases for WiiU this week. DQX port, with a hardware bundle, and Game&Wario.

16./15. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (¥5.980) - 11.577 / 148.583 (-25%)

25% drop in line with Vita sales drop

Do i see some legs growing here? ;)

When you see (+X%) then you can say legs, so far, nope.

As I said last week, I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 stops the whole claim that Japanese gamers are xenophobic, hence don't buy Western games.

Let's not jump to conclusions here. Luigi's Mansion is a japanese franchise through and through. Just because LM2 was developed in the west doesn't really change the rule IMO. If, say, The Last of Us, sells 500K or GTAV sells 1 million in Japan, I say you can start saying that. I still remember the saying yo-ge kuso-ge.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see LM2 crawl to 700K plus, which would be amazing. It's a great hold.

MMO + already on Wii + small userbase = these sales.

30K for a mainline DQ game. That's the bottom line, you can make all the excuses you want but it bombed pretty bad. Like I said, hope the moneyhat was worth it. An MMO not on PC is still baffling to me.

Butthurt?

Not at all. I just did not expect any of that to happen. Muramasa outselling a mainline DQ game? Who honestly saw this coming? PSV outselling WiiU when G&W and DQX released? Who saw this coming? Based on your reply, it seems you're the one butthurt by these facts.

Redhood

Vita still holding on! Lets hope it hits baseline soon.
Wow at muramasa numbers. Perhaps this could be a sign to other developers.

Top Bottom